• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gerrard

#61 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:21 AM

Gerrard will have his contract terminated this week- Graham Bean will see to that
Good riddance to the most unprofessional player there's ever been at the Club at the lowest point in the Club's history

No one will shed a tear

#62 User is offline   To the Winchester 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:30 AM

I find a lot of the comments on here bewildering. Let's get this right. Our club Captain.. Is on twitter mocking club heroes and suggesting he doesn't give a toss about how he's seen at the club. He's the captain ffs. Poor attitude, get him sacked.

#63 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:36 AM

View PostTo the Winchester, on 15 September 2019 - 08:30 AM, said:

I find a lot of the comments on here bewildering. Let's get this right. Our club Captain.. Is on twitter mocking club heroes and suggesting he doesn't give a toss about how he's seen at the club. He's the captain ffs. Poor attitude, get him sacked.

He took some unnecessary personal abuse which started the tweets but it goes down hill very fast from both sides. However his tweets aimed at club legends Evo and Sir Jack shows a rather couldn't care less about the club attitude. That alone should mean disciplinary action against the player and I'm not condoning the fans behaviour either.
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#64 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:38 AM

So the rumour I heard of 'Shrek' essentially offering Ian out in the tunnel the other week seems to be confirmed by his own words.

The story also suggested there were several witnesses so it should be pretty easy for the Club to confirm.

I also understand an Evo who dwarfes our current Club Captain both professionally and personally - though clearly not physically - simply told him to grow up.

You'd like to think there'd be some sort of action over this, especially as fans have been subject to warnings regarding socal media.

However confidence is low given a bloke who insulted a young supporter and dubbed himself 'Chairman' via that medium still enjoys a senior position...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#65 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:44 AM

If it's a chance to sack the idiot I hope the club take the opportunity to do so for football reasons.

Great to hear that he was cheering the team on from the sidelines but to make sexual slurs and disrespect club legends is out of order.

#66 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:46 AM

View PostBlue5, on 15 September 2019 - 08:17 AM, said:

I am sure Graham will agree that club discipline has to be consistent across all stakeholder groups and I will let him decide on how many points the following tweets qualify:

His defence at the hearing will be that he has a role model in the Boardroom.

Demand fair treatment Anthony!!
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#67 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:47 AM

View PostBobby Darling, on 15 September 2019 - 12:46 AM, said:

Agree with most of that but you sat in front of me recently and made child like and offensive gestures to the away fans which you were warned to stop by a steward. You didn’t actually do anything that offended me. I just thought you acted like a 14 year old but I quite liked you cos I assumed you might grow up. For clarity on this board you threw V signs at the away fans when their attendance figures were announced. How can you criticise Gerrard? Please PM me if I’ve got this wrong

haha, i admitted this on this very board. yeah i'd had a bit to drink and gave them a V. the steward asked me to stop gesturing, i also had a bit of a laugh with a couple of the dagenham lot (I don't know who they were but i got the impression they were part of the club, perhaps board members or summat in the posh seats), I was being a bit of a lout but I'm not paid by the club to represent them and gerrard is, so i'm a tad surprised you've tried to equate the two? and i don't think flicking the v's to ten men and a dog who likely didn't see it is equivalent to messaging somebody telling them i'd recently slid myself into their mother either? i reckon this is false equivalence my good man!

This post has been edited by Goku: 15 September 2019 - 08:51 AM

#68 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:49 AM

He could at least have copied Ashley and set up an account under a pseudonym for his 'off the record' activities.

@ravedocket is still available.

#69 User is offline   Bobby Darling 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:50 AM

View PostGoku, on 15 September 2019 - 08:47 AM, said:

haha, i admitted this on this very board. yeah i'd had a bit to drink and gave them a V. the steward asked me to stop gesturing, i also had a bit of a laugh with a couple of the dagenham lot (I don't know who they were but i got the impression they were part of the club, perhaps board members or summat in the posh seats), I was being a lout but I'm not paid by the club to represent them and gerrard is, so i'm a tad surprised you've tried to equate the two? and i don't think flicking the v's is equivalent to messaging somebody telling them i'd recently slid myself into their mother either?

That’s a fair response. I agree with that.

#70 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:51 AM

To be honest someone who earns his money from professional football to get that out of condition and overweight then gets involved in social media to admit to wanting to fight with ex players and fans doesn't fill me full of confidence
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#71 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:51 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 15 September 2019 - 08:21 AM, said:

Gerrard will have his contract terminated this week- Graham Bean will see to that
Good riddance to the most unprofessional player there's ever been at the Club at the lowest point in the Club's history

No one will shed a tear

It will be dealt with internally and we won't hear a bean, sorry, but no way he'll be sacked.
East stand second class citizen.

#72 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:54 AM

We have people claiming that the behaviour of Gerrard is understandable because he has been provoked by some trolls! All clubs have some moronic fans. The club captain should have enough about him to ignore them but instead he behaves worse than them! What a prize pill o c k he is! An embarrassing signing in every way. Get rid please.

This post has been edited by Spire-Power: 15 September 2019 - 08:56 AM

#73 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:54 AM

Social media eh! the dirge of society

Bring back dial up & make life more difficult to access the internet, it will make everyone’s lives easier

#74 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:00 AM

Mr Mercury,
I know we have clowns in the boardroom but even they won't tolerate that.
If we were top of the league and he'd scored 8 goals maybe but we are awful and he is getting released this week.

#75 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:03 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 15 September 2019 - 09:00 AM, said:

Mr Mercury,
I know we have clowns in the boardroom but even they won't tolerate that.
If we were top of the league and he'd scored 8 goals maybe but we are awful and he is getting released this week.

I'd like to agree with you but I'd be surprised!
East stand second class citizen.

#76 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:06 AM

View PostBobby Darling, on 15 September 2019 - 08:50 AM, said:

That’s a fair response. I agree with that.

good man, you should've had a word with me, you'd have probably got a cuddle and some slurred hogwash in your ear for your troubles

View PostSpire-Power, on 15 September 2019 - 08:54 AM, said:

We have people claiming that the behaviour of Gerrard is understandable because he has been provoked by some trolls! All clubs have some moronic fans. The club captain should have enough about him to ignore them but instead he behaves worse than them! What a prize pill o c k he is! An embarrassing signing in every way. Get rid please.

yeah let's try and think about our owns jobs, whatever it is we do, if a customer started calling us stupid tw**s or words to that effect, most of the time you're not really allowed to say the same back to them. i don't think we'll sack him but i very much hope we do

This post has been edited by Goku: 15 September 2019 - 09:06 AM

#77 User is offline   Nivo 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:13 AM

View PostGoku, on 15 September 2019 - 09:06 AM, said:

good man, you should've had a word with me, you'd have probably got a cuddle and some slurred hogwash in your ear for your troubles

Don't be embarrassed as some of his performances in the exec club seating at Saltergate were legendary!

#78 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:15 AM

I'm sure Ian Evatt would love to knock him out but is intelligent enough to know it's not worth losing his job over.

#79 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:17 AM

View PostGoku, on 15 September 2019 - 09:06 AM, said:

yeah let's try and think about our owns jobs, whatever it is we do, if a customer started calling us stupid tw**s or words to that effect, most of the time you're not really allowed to say the same back to them. i don't think we'll sack him but i very much hope we do

You’re dead right, if I started having twitter spat with customers, suppliers or even work colleagues & it got abusive.....I’d be hauled straight into HR for not following company ‘Code of Conduct’ & be sacked.
Regardless of how people ‘dangle the hook’ & bait a response, if you are in a position of standing, you should always try you best to act professional & responsibly.

Look how recent high profile footballers have conducted themselves in responses when attacked on twitter recently.

Sometimes people need to take a step back & engage their brain before opening their mouth (Homer Simpson syndrome)

#80 User is offline   Spire_78 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:NOYFB

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:22 AM

Bye bye lard bottom, thanks for nothing

Share this topic:

• (30 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »