• You cannot reply to this topic

Incomings/signings Thread.

#41 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 May 2023 - 08:26 AM

View PostPhil V 72, on 17 May 2023 - 08:23 AM, said:

I’d imagine Dobs is well known by the EFL scouting network, strengths and weaknesses so he’s not really a surprise package. If it’s felt Cookie has ironed out his weaknesses he would attract a lot of interest. Not sure if he’s quite there yet, my feeling is another season with Cookie and playing regularly would benefit him immensely.

Strange really dobra when on loan from Ipswich to Colchester could hardly get a game

#42 User is online   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 17 May 2023 - 08:35 AM

Dobra needs to learn to pass. Too many times he's caught in possession because they double up on him.
Against West Brom he tried dribbling, realised he was getting nowhere then started to release the ball quicker and looked the same class as championship players.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#43 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 May 2023 - 08:36 AM

View PostPhil V 72, on 17 May 2023 - 08:23 AM, said:

I’d imagine Dobs is well known by the EFL scouting network, strengths and weaknesses so he’s not really a surprise package. If it’s felt Cookie has ironed out his weaknesses he would attract a lot of interest. Not sure if he’s quite there yet, my feeling is another season with Cookie and playing regularly would benefit him immensely.

I like Dobra, he has loads ot talent but for me, his downside is all the diving he does, he's a cheat. I know this is part of the game nowadays and I know supporters like to see it but its just not for me. If he could shake off the cheating, and try to release the ball sooner he would take this league by storm but because of his antics, he's a long way from being one of my favourite players in our squad.

#44 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2023 - 09:08 AM

View PostQuaker, on 17 May 2023 - 08:36 AM, said:

I like Dobra, he has loads ot talent but for me, his downside is all the diving he does, he's a cheat. I know this is part of the game nowadays and I know supporters like to see it but its just not for me. If he could shake off the cheating, and try to release the ball sooner he would take this league by storm but because of his antics, he's a long way from being one of my favourite players in our squad.

Yes, I think that is one of his weaknesses, which will come as no surprise to the scouts. Does a league club take a punt on him at the moment? Not so sure
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#45 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 17 May 2023 - 09:10 AM

View PostPhil V 72, on 17 May 2023 - 09:08 AM, said:

Yes, I think that is one of his weaknesses, which will come as no surprise to the scouts. Does a league club take a punt on him at the moment? Not so sure

Highly unlikely. He needs a consistent, injury-free season here before that happens.

#46 User is offline   Zigsuk 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 17 May 2023 - 09:31 AM

I think Colclough has similar problems to Dobra regarding decision making. Both skilful potential match winning players but playing at this level for a reason. The difference is Dobra has more potential to improve as he is younger.

#47 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 17 May 2023 - 09:34 AM

View PostZigsuk, on 17 May 2023 - 09:31 AM, said:

I think Colclough has similar problems to Dobra regarding decision making. Both skilful potential match winning players but playing at this level for a reason. The difference is Dobra has more potential to improve as he is younger.

There is another reason Colclough plays at this level. His contact with the law on more than one occasion.

#48 User is online   Goku 

Posted 17 May 2023 - 09:43 AM

View PostZigsuk, on 17 May 2023 - 09:31 AM, said:

I think Colclough has similar problems to Dobra regarding decision making.

No. Just no.

#49 User is offline   tomjoad 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bruce Springsteen Southside Counting Crows Abbot ale and LMS no 8s!

Posted 17 May 2023 - 11:52 AM

Fitzsimmons signed for Scunny

#50 User is offline   NEBlue 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2023 - 12:09 PM

Mention of GK Reece Charles Cook from Bromley on Twitter

#51 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2023 - 12:33 PM

What's Callum Roberts up too nowadays?

Left Notts for Aberdeen last year, barely played...

#52 User is offline   turrhall 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2023 - 12:42 PM

View PostCFC91, on 17 May 2023 - 12:33 PM, said:

What's Callum Roberts up too nowadays?

Left Notts for Aberdeen last year, barely played...

Supposedly going back to Notts

#53 User is offline   Close but no prawn sarnies 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2023 - 01:20 PM

100% Agree, his antics are counter productive. Reminds me of the Little Boy who cried wolf tale...
He needs to be far more conservative and constructive with his "gamesmanship" its embarrassing at times.

That said a very good player who could easily become a town legend if he concentrates on football

#54 User is offline   Jud 

• One Club Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2023 - 03:04 PM

View PostClose but no prawn sarnies, on 17 May 2023 - 01:20 PM, said:

100% Agree, his antics are counter productive. Reminds me of the Little Boy who cried wolf tale...
He needs to be far more conservative and constructive with his "gamesmanship" its embarrassing at times.

That said a very good player who could easily become a town legend if he concentrates on football

He is a talented lad, for sure. When he cut inside on Saturday and lined up a shot, I honestly knew he was going to score. On his day he's a real danger. Hope we get to see lots of these days next season.
"Tha'd have known if l'd got hold o' thee...."

#55 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 17 May 2023 - 10:16 PM

A lot like Jack Lester ? Yes….

Will we renew our interest in the lad from Dorking.
God I hate this league.

#56 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 18 May 2023 - 01:33 AM

His name is mcshane

#57 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 18 May 2023 - 07:03 AM

View Postmetallilad, on 17 May 2023 - 08:35 AM, said:

Dobra needs to learn to pass. Too many times he's caught in possession because they double up on him.
Against West Brom he tried dribbling, realised he was getting nowhere then started to release the ball quicker and looked the same class as championship players.

Dobra needs to grow up

#58 User is offline   Fletch89 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2023 - 08:00 AM

https://gloverscast....-retained-list/
Grant Smith GK anyone?

#59 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2023 - 08:10 AM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 18 May 2023 - 07:03 AM, said:

Dobra needs to grow up

and what a starting point he has to do that from because he is top draw talent for the level we find ourselves, he also has a great coaching team around him who will help him learn the pro game but let's admire the talent of this lad whilst he's still at our club, personally i love watching players like dobs, he's what i go to football for, for that excitement when such a player gets on the ball and in a way you're not certain of what is going to happen... there's a lot to learn for sure but so glad he'll do that learning at our club.

#60 User is online   Goku 

Posted 18 May 2023 - 08:13 AM

View Postjack bauer, on 18 May 2023 - 08:10 AM, said:

and what a starting point he has to do that from because he is top draw talent for the level we find ourselves, he also has a great coaching team around him who will help him learn the pro game but let's admire the talent of this lad whilst he's still at our club, personally i love watching players like dobs, he's what i go to football for, for that excitement when such a player gets on the ball and in a way you're not certain of what is going to happen... there's a lot to learn for sure but so glad he'll do that learning at our club.

People who whinge more about his diving rather than appreciating his talent bore me. Boo f**king hoo, he does what almost every single other flair player does and exaggerates contact. Cry me a river.

(He should stop it though because it rarely benefits him lol)

Share this topic:

• (254 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users