Strengthening

#21 User is offline   HaslandBlue58 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:CFC,Travel,Real Ale,Music

Posted 14 April 2024 - 03:27 PM

View Post1978blue, on 14 April 2024 - 11:55 AM, said:

No motivating them? Jesus there professional footballers they should be able to motivate themselves it's their job for Christ sake!! Whoever the member of staff was who said they can't motivate them needs to have a good look at themselves. I've been to every game this season , straight from work or taking time off for the long midweek trips and I'll be doing the same to get to Gateshead tomorrow and I know a lot of others who have/are doing the same. That's why they should be putting a shift in Champions or not untill the last ball is kicked next Saturday. We should be on 100 points now and still unbeaten at home but because of them strolling through games the unbeaten home record went and now most likely the 100 points , I know the main objective was to win the league and I'm so proud of them for doing that but for the sake have carrying on and giving it their all we could have broken so many records! Anyway that's my opinion on it all.

Cue all the wet wipe bedwetter idiot comments from the usual posters, regardless,I am in total agreement with your post.👍

#22 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 April 2024 - 03:41 PM

Winning and losing become habits and we are carrying abysmal form into next season.

It's hard to blame the players though, from the sounds of it everyone at the club has given up on seeing out this season in a professional manner.

This post has been edited by Town_Fan: 14 April 2024 - 04:01 PM

Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#23 User is offline   Osborne again 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2024 - 04:06 PM

If Tyrer's coming back, we have our goalkeepers. Apart from Freckleton none of the defence has real pace and King looks like he's running through ankle deep mud, so we definitely need some pace in the centre and out on the flanks. A big find will be an apprentice for Jones, and we certainly need a striker. I'd like to see what Curtis can do over the summer, if we keep him.
I wouldn't want to second guess who'll be in the starting eleven on the opening day of next season, because I don't think I'd get five out of the eleven to be honest.

#24 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2024 - 04:50 PM

View PostOsborne again, on 14 April 2024 - 04:06 PM, said:

If Tyrer's coming back, we have our goalkeepers. Apart from Freckleton none of the defence has real pace and King looks like he's running through ankle deep mud, so we definitely need some pace in the centre and out on the flanks. A big find will be an apprentice for Jones, and we certainly need a striker. I'd like to see what Curtis can do over the summer, if we keep him.
I wouldn't want to second guess who'll be in the starting eleven on the opening day of next season, because I don't think I'd get five out of the eleven to be honest.

The points I was making are based on what we have, as far as we know, currently signed up going into next season. The rest is conjecture.

I agree about Tyrer IF he’s coming back.

I agree about Freckleton and IF he returns either on loan or permanently he would become one of our U21 players. I don’t think we have any others unless we include the kids out on loan at the likes of Matlock.

I think Curtis will be released as he has failed to impress when introduced or out on loan. However, I am hoping Berry will benefit from a proper pre-season because whilst I can see he has got something I have been a little underwhelmed as I’ve not witnessed a 90 minute performance yet.

My guess at the 5 out of 11 would possibly be 5 out of these 6 - Grimes, Naylor, Mandeville, Dobra, Colclough & Grigg - which suggests a fair influx of new players.

#25 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 14 April 2024 - 04:51 PM

View PostGoku, on 14 April 2024 - 08:37 AM, said:

A member of staff quoted in the boozer recently as saying that there’s no motivating them now, it’s impossible 😂 I genuinely couldn’t give less of a toss. Would be nice to get above 100 points but no problems if not, it’s been an incredible season and these last few games will have zero bearing on next season whereby Cook and co will have the squad fully motivated and ready to hit the ground running. If you’re still going to games you need to take into account that there’s every chance that after this amazing season, the lads may well take their foot off the gas. So I have zero sympathy for anybody spending money travelling down to Wealdstone and seeing us lose, you go for the day out and not much more at this point imo.

That's where I'm at, I went yesterday, not for the football, but for the promotion party ( last satdi away game jolly boys) and what a let down it was inside the ground, should/would have stayed in the supporters bar, but they closed till we went into the ground 🤣🤣
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#26 User is offline   Osborne again 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2024 - 05:52 PM

View Postdtp, on 14 April 2024 - 04:50 PM, said:

The points I was making are based on what we have, as far as we know, currently signed up going into next season. The rest is conjecture.

I agree about Freckleton and IF he returns either on loan or permanently he would become one of our U21 players. I don’t think we have any others unless we include the kids out on loan at the likes of Matlock.

I think Curtis will be released as he has failed to impress when introduced or out on loan. However, I am hoping Berry will benefit from a proper pre-season because whilst I can see he has got something I have been a little underwhelmed as I’ve not witnessed a 90 minute performance yet.

My guess at the 5 out of 11 would possibly be 5 out of these 6 - Grimes, Naylor, Mandeville, Dobra, Colclough & Grigg - which suggests a fair influx of new players.

I certainly agree regarding Berry. He has blown hot and cold, but it's been a big step up for him, so as you have stated, a good pre-season will see him firing on all cylinders. I'd like to see him tried in the striker's role, because he knows where the sticks are and his acceleration and change of pace are excellent. Colclough is our man on the left and Mandeville has made the right side of the three his own, so Berry is a stand-in for those positions in my opinion, but could he move further forward and save us a few quid.

#27 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 14 April 2024 - 06:03 PM

View PostZigsuk, on 14 April 2024 - 03:23 PM, said:

I wouldn’t have kept Quigley and Oldaker for a start. That would be two off the books, but it seems we’re lumbered with them.

Presumably, these two, like the rest of the players with deals for next season will be due a decent rise following promotion so id imagine most NL clubs won’t be able to get anywhere near their wages so anyone is does go out on loan would only attract a % wage contribution id imagine.

That said, If cookie does decide to add an extra striker I could see Quigley getting some interest from the NL as his goals/game time ratio this season has been half decent.

#28 User is online   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 14 April 2024 - 06:20 PM

View Postjack bauer, on 13 April 2024 - 10:22 PM, said:

i am aware this has been discussed on multiple threads but not sure if it has yet been given a focus of it's own.

as we go up a league we will be looking to strengthen next season. i think there is consensus that the defensive side of the team needs addressing and a younger jones clone being perhaps the number 1 target?

I agree and no doubt Cook knows one in L1 or L2. The best one I've seen in the NL is Ryan East, Rochdale. Left footed anawl.

This post has been edited by dim view: 14 April 2024 - 06:49 PM

Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#29 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2024 - 06:39 PM

View PostOsborne again, on 14 April 2024 - 05:52 PM, said:

I certainly agree regarding Berry. He has blown hot and cold, but it's been a big step up for him, so as you have stated, a good pre-season will see him firing on all cylinders. I'd like to see him tried in the striker's role, because he knows where the sticks are and his acceleration and change of pace are excellent. Colclough is our man on the left and Mandeville has made the right side of the three his own, so Berry is a stand-in for those positions in my opinion, but could he move further forward and save us a few quid.

Thought he was touted as a dual position player - winger and striker.
So it's not out of the realms that he could go up top

#30 User is offline   Osborne again 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2024 - 07:50 PM

View Postdanblue, on 14 April 2024 - 06:39 PM, said:

Thought he was touted as a dual position player - winger and striker.
So it's not out of the realms that he could go up top

Multi-positional players are like gold dust and especially a pacy striker. This is why I rate Freckleton, because he's fast, and he can play in more than one position, and I'd even give him a go as a holding midfielder. He won't be beaten by pace, he's decent in the tackle, and he can pass accurately. It may not work,but worth a try.

#31 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2024 - 06:34 AM

View PostOsborne again, on 14 April 2024 - 07:50 PM, said:

Multi-positional players are like gold dust and especially a pacy striker. This is why I rate Freckleton, because he's fast, and he can play in more than one position, and I'd even give him a go as a holding midfielder. He won't be beaten by pace, he's decent in the tackle, and he can pass accurately. It may not work,but worth a try.

Freckleton in midfield omg.I wouldn't have him in defence. We can and must do better than him. His performance against Kiddie tells us all we need to know.

This post has been edited by Walton Spireite: 15 April 2024 - 06:35 AM

#32 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 15 April 2024 - 07:25 AM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 15 April 2024 - 06:34 AM, said:

Freckleton in midfield omg.I wouldn't have him in defence. We can and must do better than him. His performance against Kiddie tells us all we need to know.

Whereas he played very well at Watford....

#33 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 15 April 2024 - 07:48 AM

View PostPainted Wagon, on 14 April 2024 - 07:18 AM, said:

Agree, and currently lives in Eckington. A better commute than Blackburn

I watched a bit of Leeds v Blackburn and he was excellent.

#34 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 15 April 2024 - 07:56 AM

View Postdtp, on 14 April 2024 - 04:50 PM, said:

Doubt you’ll get an influx, quality over quantity is the watch word. I do agree though we need pace everywhere, Dobra, Berry and Colclough show that when they play.

Apart from the defence we certainly need another proven goal scorer.
God I hate this league.

#35 User is online   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2024 - 08:02 AM

View Postjonnythespireite, on 13 April 2024 - 10:35 PM, said:

Agree on Macfadzean. Would be excellent on a 1 year contract. Easily above L2 level despite his age.

Highly likely this will happen I believe. Was going to happen a few months back before Blackburn came in.

#36 User is offline   Rogerwillis 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2024 - 08:36 AM

Think it’s safe to say the below and 100% + increase in revenue funding from the EFL will help to strengthen….

Released Out ➡️ King, Palmer, Clements, Banks, Curtis, Freckleton
Loaned out ➡️ Quigley, Cook,

Creates a lot of room for a new CB RB return to HT (GK) LB and CM

#37 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 15 April 2024 - 08:44 AM

View PostRogerwillis, on 15 April 2024 - 08:36 AM, said:

Think it’s safe to say the below and 100% + increase in revenue funding from the EFL will help to strengthen….

Released Out ➡️ King, Palmer, Clements, Banks, Curtis, Freckleton
Loaned out ➡️ Quigley, Cook,

Creates a lot of room for a new CB RB return to HT (GK) LB and CM

Cook won't be loaned out, he's not even Sunday league standard, he won't be on much of a wage.. if any.

I'd be surprised if he's registered as a player next season unless he's under 21 tho?
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#38 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2024 - 08:50 AM

View PostDIFH, on 15 April 2024 - 07:56 AM, said:

Doubt you’ll get an influx, quality over quantity is the watch word. I do agree though we need pace everywhere, Dobra, Berry and Colclough show that when they play.

Apart from the defence we certainly need another proven goal scorer.

I think this depends on the retained list.

Currently we have signed up 14 outfield players and one goalkeeper. There are doubts regarding Palmer and Jacobs as to whether or not their contracts extend beyond this season. Based on that, we are allowed 22 outfield players over the age of 21 under L2 rules. If we are to increase the squad to this size then we will add 6 to 8 outfield players over the age of 21 plus a keeper. Then, I suspect we might bring in 2 or 3 under 21 players too.

We cannot sign players between transfer windows so the squad has to be big enough to cope with injuries, illness, and suspensions etc. Obviously, this is dependent on whether or not certain existing players are offered and accept new contracts.

#39 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 15 April 2024 - 08:55 AM

Jacobs is contracted for next season i believe, thought it was confirmed in a Webb interview a while ago.

#40 User is online   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 15 April 2024 - 09:20 AM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 15 April 2024 - 06:34 AM, said:

Correct. It does tell us he was forced into a game when he was no where near to being 100% due to Grimes unfortunate late withdrawal.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users