• You cannot reply to this topic

Gateshead Away Away

#381 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 April 2024 - 09:38 PM

View Postralspireite1866, on 15 April 2024 - 09:23 PM, said:

Let me help you out,……he was an entitled bully at school and his dad owned an accountancy firm. Connect the dots! His comment regarding qualifications and earnings is par for the course. Obviously, everyone’s worth is judged by earnings ��

This could be interesting

🤣

#382 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2024 - 09:38 PM

Snowflake McBedwetter, on 15 April 2024 - 08:58 PM, said:

Zero triggering here.

The sooner this board is wrapped up the better. Or at least the word 'Debate' expunged from the name. Apparently any commentary - however reasoned - that doesn't fit in with the dribbling masses is to be met with torrents of abuse from the usual suspects.

Nobody should be satisfied with this ending to the season. No reasonable person expects the players to be as hungry as they were, but a bit of professionalism and respect for the fans isn't too much to ask. Sadly the youngsters are taking the brunt, when the truth is it's the leadership and seasoned pros who've somewhat sullied the ending to an otherwise excellent season.

This board makes Stagsnet look like the 'Womens Institute' forum. Depressing stuff.

This is debate. People post about how worrying this is for next season. Others respond stating it’ll have no impact moving forwards and that they’re being dramatic. We’ll see who is right next season I guess

Obviously it’s not fun to not win matches but it’s small fry. We romped the league, we’ve took our foot off the gas, but what do people think is gonna happen? All our players and management staff are going to permanently stay in holiday mode forever? That we aren’t going to sign anyone? The fixtures since we won the league have essentially been meaningless and will have no bearing on next season apart from, as I say, cementing Cook’s opinion of the players we need to rid ourselves of. Therefore, it’s quite funny seeing people worry and get themselves all in a tizzy about nowt.

This post has been edited by Goku: 15 April 2024 - 09:40 PM

#383 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 15 April 2024 - 09:52 PM

Goku, on 15 April 2024 - 09:38 PM, said:

This is debate. People post about how worrying this is for next season. Others respond stating it’ll have no impact moving forwards and that they’re being dramatic. We’ll see who is right next season I guess

Obviously it’s not fun to not win matches but it’s small fry. We romped the league, we’ve took our foot off the gas, but what do people think is gonna happen? All our players and management staff are going to permanently stay in holiday mode forever? That we aren’t going to sign anyone? The fixtures since we won the league have essentially been meaningless and will have no bearing on next season apart from, as I say, cementing Cook’s opinion of the players we need to rid ourselves of. Therefore, it’s quite funny seeing people worry and get themselves all in a tizzy about nowt.

Do you think that will include some we have already dished contracts to?
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#384 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 15 April 2024 - 09:54 PM

azul, on 15 April 2024 - 09:52 PM, said:

Quite possibly. Think I agree with the sentiment that we went a bit mad mid-season extending contracts.

#385 User is offline   tedspireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2024 - 09:57 PM

Goku, on 15 April 2024 - 09:38 PM, said:

It's not meaningless for teams fighting to get into playoffs or teams fighting against relegation us taking foot of gas is it though. we should be going out to win every game it's not that long ago when we was debating if we could break Wrexham's points tally. for me winning league was main thing. but ending season like this is taking shine off winning league. bit of a damp quid. but having said all of that am sure Cook will know exactly what we need to compete at top end of league 2 . let's finish season with a win at least though.

#386 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2024 - 10:08 PM

View PostGoku, on 15 April 2024 - 09:54 PM, said:

Quite possibly. Think I agree with the sentiment that we went a bit mad mid-season extending contracts.

Maybe, however, there is plenty of money washing around the National League and no financial fair play rules

Plenty of our players would be wanted by other NL clubs - look how Hobson did at Kiddy, Whelan is a regular - if having people under contract means we get 50k for them then happy days

Expect at least 5 new signings so it will be interesting to see what happens with the rest of the squad

#387 User is online   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 15 April 2024 - 10:39 PM

tedspireite, on 15 April 2024 - 09:57 PM, said:

It's not meaningless for teams fighting to get into playoffs or teams fighting against relegation us taking foot of gas is it though. we should be going out to win every game it's not that long ago when we was debating if we could break Wrexham's points tally. for me winning league was main thing. but ending season like this is taking shine off winning league.

What should have been done differently?
Tyrer playing every game?
Jones, whose presence almost guarantees us points, playing with an injury?
Freckleton not considered?

What?
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#388 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 15 April 2024 - 10:40 PM

35 miles to go and that concludes my travelling to watch town in an away none league fixture. HAPPY DAYS.

This post has been edited by clarevoyant.: 15 April 2024 - 10:41 PM

Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#389 User is offline   tedspireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2024 - 10:56 PM

dim view, on 15 April 2024 - 10:39 PM, said:

What should have been done differently?
Tyrer playing every game?
Jones, whose presence almost guarantees us points, playing with an injury?
Freckleton not considered?
What?

Who said owt about players playing with injuries? we have a Squad who should be strong enough to go to part time Wealdstone who played 4 games in a week and get a win no ?

#390 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 15 April 2024 - 11:08 PM

gordon_brittas, on 15 April 2024 - 08:42 PM, said:

They will be low at the bookies I guess. Unless major signings of quality are made I expect no higher than where Notts County current sit in the League 2 table.

As a first season back in the EFL I’d accept mid table in L2
A new hope.

#391 User is online   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 15 April 2024 - 11:18 PM

tedspireite, on 15 April 2024 - 10:56 PM, said:

Who said owt about players playing with injuries? we have a Squad who should be strong enough to go to part time Wealdstone who played 4 games in a week and get a win no ?

So what should have been done differently?
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#392 User is offline   tedspireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2024 - 11:49 PM

dim view, on 15 April 2024 - 11:18 PM, said:

So what should have been done differently?

Really? read my post again.

#393 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 05:05 AM

View PostJud, on 15 April 2024 - 08:54 PM, said:

And the ironic username of the week award goes to...

Alanis Morrisette had a better grasp of the word. :rolleyes:

#394 User is offline   Zytok 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 05:29 AM

View PostSnowflake McBedwetter, on 16 April 2024 - 05:05 AM, said:

Alanis Morrisette had a better grasp of the word. :rolleyes:

Have you ever considered that a song specifically about irony which contained no actual examples of said expression was the ultimate definition of it?

#395 User is online   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 05:32 AM

View PostWooden Spoon, on 15 April 2024 - 11:08 PM, said:

Exactly.

As for the contracts thing, it was simply good management. Rewarding players for their success, offering them and the Club stability and ensuring fees for those in demand.

No one likes losing. No one. And fans spending huge amounts of time and money following Town deserve an explanation why we've cliff edged.

But I'd reiterate this could be a positive in terms of finding out who should and shouldn't be here in Aug...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#396 User is online   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 05:43 AM

View PostWooden Spoon, on 15 April 2024 - 11:08 PM, said:

Reading posts on here, I’m a bit concerned a lot of our supporters won’t, as if only Cook would listen to them we’d be challenging for a top three place.

FWIW, I think we will definitely be in the top third, we have the management team, and the backing to make that happen.
One slight concern, does all this recent negativity give Cook the opportunity to say if that’s the thanks I get, perhaps time to move on?

#397 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

Posted 16 April 2024 - 05:47 AM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 15 April 2024 - 08:50 PM, said:

Let's compare qualifications and earnings.

Oh dear….. what a great argument. Jeez.
"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

#398 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 05:57 AM

I think a lot of people expect us as champions to smash every team we play by quite a margin. But the fact is the players know there is no need to bust a gut and risk going on holiday in plaster. Understandable in my view. So apart from it being embarrassing I am not that bothered. However, more of a concern is the fact several have proved they will not have the quality to go up a league but I am sure PC will know this and make the changes needed to compete. Those who think we will be going straight up again if we make a few marque signing might be in for a shock. Other teams will be doing the same. So on that basis we need to accept a mid table position. On the subject of losing to Gateshead, if it helps keep Oldham out of the play offs then I am happy.

This post has been edited by Lincs Spireite: 16 April 2024 - 06:36 AM

#399 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 06:42 AM

View PostLincs Spireite, on 16 April 2024 - 05:57 AM, said:

I think a lot of people expect us as champions to smash every team we play by quite a margin. But the fact is the players know there is no need to bust a gut and risk going on holiday in plaster. Understandable in my view. So apart from it being embarrassing I am not that bothered. However, more of a concern is the fact several have proved they will not have the quality to go up a league but I am sure PC will know this and make the changes needed to compete. Those who think we will be going straight up again if we make a few marque signing might be in for a shock. Other teams will be doing the same. So on that basis we need to accept a mid table position.

Notca good performance last night the whole of the back 4 were slow again, Jones, Naylor and Manders were a let down. Hobson motm by a mile never stopped running at them. Dobra and Quigley not much of a threat but could us put us 2.0 up. The 2nd was never a pen and was a mile offside. Thank God that was the last away game in this league. 1555 Town fans out of 884. The one good thing for me was the £230 I won on the 50/50.
lindave

#400 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 16 April 2024 - 06:43 AM

View Postazul, on 15 April 2024 - 09:52 PM, said:

Cook extended Quigleys deal

Absolute madness
JRID

Share this topic:

• (25 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users