• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

End Of An Era Bobs Board The Future

#221 User is offline   Al Weller 

• Academy Player
  • Group: Admin

Posted 17 February 2024 - 06:10 PM

View Postazul, on 17 February 2024 - 02:02 PM, said:

What gets me is someone prepares to fund the message board, someone else comes forward prepared to port the data on to a new platform and then someone demands that their previous posts (not just personal data) aren't ported probably making the volunteer's job far more difficult. I wonder given the strife this volunteer will have second thoughts.

I’m not put off that easily… I’ve managed enough forums in the past to just ignore posts like that.

#222 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 February 2024 - 06:50 PM

View PostAl Weller, on 17 February 2024 - 06:10 PM, said:

I’m not put off that easily… I’ve managed enough forums in the past to just ignore posts like that.

I got the feeling his last post was an implied threat. :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by azul: 17 February 2024 - 06:50 PM

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#223 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2024 - 12:35 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 16 February 2024 - 08:24 PM, said:

Well seeing as both of you ridiculed my service record , finding it hilarious to do so on a public forum I couldn’t give a toss about either of you.
I detest bullies , in particular keyboard ones who feel it’s ok to belittle others.
I’m very confident neither of you would do so to anyone in real life but are happy to do so behind a keyboard for whatever reason.
I have been bombarded with DM’s (which randomly work for him) all of an abusive nature.
He obviously has issues and needs to seek hel or solace.
Whatever your (both) private beliefs that’s fine but I’d rather some of the views were kept hidden.

There is blatant Islamaphobia on here as people have reported (I’ve had DM’s asking if I’m ok - which of course I am but others may not be).
The fact Quaker went running to cause bother and get someone banned is about as yellow and unlike any soldier I’ve ever worked with or met but each to his own.

Comments about my beliefs are one thing but the ‘nonce’ comments are something else which are going to have to be dealt with.

Controversy does seem to follow you around, the question must be, why? (self inflicted maybe providing self gratification ??).

Perhaps if you liberated yourself from your inclusive isolation and had a social chat with some of your peers you may gain some respect.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#224 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2024 - 07:28 AM

View Postazul, on 17 February 2024 - 06:50 PM, said:

I got the feeling his last post was an implied threat. :rolleyes:

Not gonna personalise this.

But surely if someone's posted summat on a public forum they can't suddenly spit their dummy trying to cancel it. They put it out there. Their choice. Their decision.

No good pulling a double teapot, stamping feet and demanding others now trawl the archives deleting stuff to spare their embarrassment...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#225 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2024 - 10:32 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 18 February 2024 - 07:28 AM, said:

Not gonna personalise this.

But surely if someone's posted summat on a public forum they can't suddenly spit their dummy trying to cancel it. They put it out there. Their choice. Their decision.

No good pulling a double teapot, stamping feet and demanding others now trawl the archives deleting stuff to spare their embarrassment...

And what do you do with posts that others have quoted :unsure:

#226 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 18 February 2024 - 02:05 PM

View Postazul, on 18 February 2024 - 10:32 AM, said:

And what do you do with posts that others have quoted

Then you can't hide behind the 'I never posted that' trope, it's there for perpetuity and you can be shot down with justification.
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#227 User is offline   dart in the crossbar 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2024 - 02:53 PM

View PostAl Weller, on 17 February 2024 - 06:10 PM, said:

Are there any potential GDPR personal data breach issues with the movement of, or provsion of access to, the personal data and information held by the owners of this forum to you?

As I've said, I'm no expert but I would have thought that any mass porting of personal data and information from this board to you would potentially raise GDPR flags.

And just to be clear, I'm not wishing to be ungrateful for your offer; I'm just thinking that the transfer and ownership of personal data and information has become a fairly charged issue in the past few years.

#228 User is offline   Al Weller 

• Academy Player
  • Group: Admin

Posted 18 February 2024 - 03:59 PM

View Postdart in the crossbar, on 18 February 2024 - 02:53 PM, said:

Are there any potential GDPR personal data breach issues with the movement of, or provsion of access to, the personal data and information held by the owners of this forum to you?

No breach issues if done correctly, we’re not talking about a transfer of ownership at this point so any third part data access for the purpose of migration would be consider a Data Processing task.

As I've said, I'm no expert but I would have thought that any mass porting of personal data and information from this board to you would potentially raise GDPR flags.

As above, the migration task would be considered a Data Processing task on behalf of the Data Controller. The only piece of data that this forum has required to be identifiable is the email address, and even that may not constitute identifiable. Data Controllers are allowed to process data for the purposes it was entered for, in this case allowing individuals to access an account that they can use to make public posts under any username that they choose to use.

And just to be clear, I'm not wishing to be ungrateful for your offer; I'm just thinking that the transfer and ownership of personal data and information has become a fairly charged issue in the past few years.

Indeed, GDPR if nothing else made individuals more aware of the uses of their data and made it clearer that they can take ownership of how it is used. At this point in time no data has left the server that, until this topic started at least, contained the data in question and allowed public access to almost all of it; further no transfer of ownership has been assumed or discussed.

Al

#229 User is offline   HaslandBlue58 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:CFC,Travel,Real Ale,Music

Posted 18 February 2024 - 04:59 PM

View PostAl Weller, on 18 February 2024 - 03:59 PM, said:

No breach issues if done correctly, we’re not talking about a transfer of ownership at this point so any third part data access for the purpose of migration would be consider a Data Processing task.

As above, the migration task would be considered a Data Processing task on behalf of the Data Controller. The only piece of data that this forum has required to be identifiable is the email address, and even that may not constitute identifiable. Data Controllers are allowed to process data for the purposes it was entered for, in this case allowing individuals to access an account that they can use to make public posts under any username that they choose to use.

Indeed, GDPR if nothing else made individuals more aware of the uses of their data and made it clearer that they can take ownership of how it is used. At this point in time no data has left the server that, until this topic started at least, contained the data in question and allowed public access to almost all of it; further no transfer of ownership has been assumed or discussed.

Al

You get my thanks,for what could be seen as a thankless task.Well done and good luck!!

#230 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 21 February 2024 - 09:14 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 16 February 2024 - 08:24 PM, said:

Well seeing as both of you ridiculed my service record , finding it hilarious to do so on a public forum I couldn’t give a toss about either of you.
I detest bullies , in particular keyboard ones who feel it’s ok to belittle others.
I’m very confident neither of you would do so to anyone in real life but are happy to do so behind a keyboard for whatever reason.
I have been bombarded with DM’s (which randomly work for him) all of an abusive nature.
He obviously has issues and needs to seek hel or solace.
Whatever your (both) private beliefs that’s fine but I’d rather some of the views were kept hidden.

There is blatant Islamaphobia on here as people have reported (I’ve had DM’s asking if I’m ok - which of course I am but others may not be).
The fact Quaker went running to cause bother and get someone banned is about as yellow and unlike any soldier I’ve ever worked with or met but each to his own.

Comments about my beliefs are one thing but the ‘nonce’ comments are something else which are going to have to be dealt with.

Seeing as the moderators here are happy for people to be called “peados supporting nonce sympathisers” and do nothing when complaints are lodged- but ban people for starting more than one thread if town lose or put people on review if they moan about ticketing arrangements?

Pretty poor show by any standards really. Whole new set up needed. New site new people administering it.
A new hope.

#231 User is offline   Andy Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Er..............Town!

Posted 22 February 2024 - 10:09 AM

View PostAl Weller, on 18 February 2024 - 03:59 PM, said:

Al

Thank you Al and Webby, I am sure we all appreciate the efforts you are going to.

#232 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 22 February 2024 - 05:54 PM

View PostWooden Spoon, on 21 February 2024 - 09:14 AM, said:

Seeing as the moderators here are happy for people to be called "peados supporting nonce sympathisers" and do nothing when complaints are lodged- but ban people for starting more than one thread if town lose or put people on review if they moan about ticketing arrangements?

Pretty poor show by any standards really. Whole new set up needed. New site new people administering it.

It's not the fact he was moaning about the ticket arrangements, it's the fact he was being abusive doing it and to a moderator as well. Got everything he deserved IMO.
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#233 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 23 February 2024 - 03:06 AM

View PostJohnnyspireite7, on 22 February 2024 - 05:54 PM, said:

It's not the fact he was moaning about the ticket arrangements, it's the fact he was being abusive doing it and to a moderator as well. Got everything he deserved IMO.

Which is fine - shouldn’t that level of moderation be applied evenly and across the board then?
A new hope.

#234 User is online   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

Posted 23 February 2024 - 09:03 AM

View PostWooden Spoon, on 23 February 2024 - 03:06 AM, said:

Which is fine - shouldn’t that level of moderation be applied evenly and across the board then?

Moderation should be consistent and considered… but everyone has a natural bias so it’s very difficult which is why there should be a number of mods. Have you volunteered?
"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

#235 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 23 February 2024 - 09:44 AM

View Posts42blue, on 23 February 2024 - 09:03 AM, said:

Moderation should be consistent and considered… but everyone has a natural bias so it’s very difficult which is why there should be a number of mods. Have you volunteered?

I agree
Th horrible Islamaphobic posts are always allowed- not sure wha that says about anything

#236 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 23 February 2024 - 10:18 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 23 February 2024 - 09:44 AM, said:

I agree
Th horrible Islamaphobic posts are always allowed- not sure wha that says about anything

So is the name calling, you do your fair share of that...
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#237 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 23 February 2024 - 10:50 AM

View Postspireitetoo, on 23 February 2024 - 10:18 AM, said:

So is the name calling, you do your fair share of that...

Et tu, brutus?

#238 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 23 February 2024 - 04:12 PM

View Posts42blue, on 23 February 2024 - 09:03 AM, said:

Not sure why anyone would want to be a moderator given there is no consensus how it is done. There's too much or there's not enough. This should be allowed, that shouldn't be allowed, etc, etc. We have even had moderators singled out as being chums with posters, part or a clique or other such accusations.

Anyway it is typical that this thread has turned to moderating again as it is something people can understand. Do we have any progress on the actual technical stuff of getting the board re-platformed or whatever?

#239 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 26 February 2024 - 05:09 PM

Unfortunately the offer of sponsorship of the board has been withdrawn so we are looking for a new one or alternative funding.

#240 User is offline   It's bolted 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2024 - 05:58 PM

Why have they withdrawn ?

Share this topic:

• (19 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic