Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Having The Scabs Ground On Your Doorstep - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Having The Scabs Ground On Your Doorstep

#61 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 April 2021 - 06:04 AM

View Postisleaiw1, on 15 April 2021 - 08:53 PM, said:

Is that why it closed? Never knew you went, I'd have been more discerning in my choices.... Little Italy was same owners and much closer to walton.

We were regulars. As I say a real shame it closed.

#62 User is offline   PontePete 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2021 - 08:23 AM

Whoever spireite1983 is that’s posted on the Chesterfield thread on scabsnet - hats off to you sir!

A joyous read https://www.stagsnet...9994&start=7025

I’ll gladly buy you a pint for that when we return.
Hater of all things Scab!

#63 User is offline   forevablue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2021 - 05:00 PM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 16 April 2021 - 06:04 AM, said:

We were regulars. As I say a real shame it closed.

I am really pleased that this discussion has taken place regarding Bolsover. I have only lived here for 7 years but I grew up at Mastin Moor which, whilst it makes me a complete outsider, isn’t that far away!

Anyway, to try and give an accurate picture on the comments made here goes. In May 2019 I was elected as an independent candidate onto Old Bolsover Town Council as one of the representatives of the Bolsover North with Shuttlewood Ward.

To keep this as brief as possible the Anchor is under a complete renovation and will be a bistro bar, holistic therapy centre and an air B&B when it reopens.

The Bella Blu was purchased at auction recently and again it is being renovated; I understand that part of the building will be in the form of a restaurant but that hasn’t been finally confirmed as yet.

Planning permission has been granted for a small Indian restaurant and takeaway on Welbeck Road.

Hopefully sooner rather than later the White Swan will be developed and the Town Council has a range of plans to improve the town and make it an even better place to visit and stay for a while.

A hidden secret is the Old Bolsover Yard which has had a complete refurbishment during the last lockdown and this is well worth a visit for a tea/coffee, bite to eat and some shopping with a covered area in the case of inclement weather.

Bolsover has the advantage of free parking and a range of local shops as well as the Co-op and Morrisons for a relaxed shopping experience.

In May a free magazine will be delivered to every household within Bolsover and a few outlying areas which has been organised by the Town Council in conjunction with Heron publications who already provide this service in Dronfield, Wingerworth, parts of Chesterfield and the S8 post code area in Chesterfield. This will be a valuable way of getting information to people, particularly those who do not have ready access to the internet and it will be produced every two months.

The Town Council has regular meetings with local businesses, the District and County Council and our MP with the aim of ensuring that the town can grow and thrive as we move out of this extremely difficult period.

There is a large amount of housing development taking place in the town to cater for all price ranges from affordable housing to properties in the £350k to £500k price bracket.

Hopefully all of this will help to ensure that the town centre can thrive and that more business opportunities will arise as the population and diversity of the town grows.

Cheers Paul.

#64 User is offline   It's bolted 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2021 - 05:27 PM

View Postforevablue, on 17 April 2021 - 05:00 PM, said:

I am really pleased that this discussion has taken place regarding Bolsover. I have only lived here for 7 years but I grew up at Mastin Moor which, whilst it makes me a complete outsider, isn’t that far away!

Anyway, to try and give an accurate picture on the comments made here goes. In May 2019 I was elected as an independent candidate onto Old Bolsover Town Council as one of the representatives of the Bolsover North with Shuttlewood Ward.

To keep this as brief as possible the Anchor is under a complete renovation and will be a bistro bar, holistic therapy centre and an air B&B when it reopens.

The Bella Blu was purchased at auction recently and again it is being renovated; I understand that part of the building will be in the form of a restaurant but that hasn’t been finally confirmed as yet.

Planning permission has been granted for a small Indian restaurant and takeaway on Welbeck Road.

Hopefully sooner rather than later the White Swan will be developed and the Town Council has a range of plans to improve the town and make it an even better place to visit and stay for a while.

A hidden secret is the Old Bolsover Yard which has had a complete refurbishment during the last lockdown and this is well worth a visit for a tea/coffee, bite to eat and some shopping with a covered area in the case of inclement weather.

Bolsover has the advantage of free parking and a range of local shops as well as the Co-op and Morrisons for a relaxed shopping experience.

In May a free magazine will be delivered to every household within Bolsover and a few outlying areas which has been organised by the Town Council in conjunction with Heron publications who already provide this service in Dronfield, Wingerworth, parts of Chesterfield and the S8 post code area in Chesterfield. This will be a valuable way of getting information to people, particularly those who do not have ready access to the internet and it will be produced every two months.

The Town Council has regular meetings with local businesses, the District and County Council and our MP with the aim of ensuring that the town can grow and thrive as we move out of this extremely difficult period.

There is a large amount of housing development taking place in the town to cater for all price ranges from affordable housing to properties in the £350k to £500k price bracket.

Hopefully all of this will help to ensure that the town centre can thrive and that more business opportunities will arise as the population and diversity of the town grows.

Cheers Paul.

👍

#65 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2021 - 06:27 PM

forevablue said:

1618678850[/url]' post='1575452']
I am really pleased that this discussion has taken place regarding Bolsover. I have only lived here for 7 years but I grew up at Mastin Moor which, whilst it makes me a complete outsider, isn't that far away!

The Bella Blu was purchased at auction recently and again it is being renovated; I understand that part of the building will be in the form of a restaurant but that hasn't been finally confirmed as yet.

Cheers Paul.

Where will, housing be in the town centre?
A new hope.

#66 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2021 - 07:38 PM

View Postforevablue, on 17 April 2021 - 05:00 PM, said:

Cheers Paul.

Good man. I still love coming back and expect at some stage I will be back for good - house prices certainly a lot more palatable than in the SE.....

I fear for the co-op now Morrisons has opened - especially as Co-op strategy seems to be convenience store led these days. That will be a big unit to be stood idle if it ever is. Getting the Swan redeveloped and something back in Bella Blu will be good, and an Indian does seem to be one thing missing. Trying to work out where it might go - the old dental unit that is being rebuilt?

Bolsover stands to become a real commuter town which can be an issue with a transitory population but with the castle to bring in tourists and commuters on decent money bringing spending power it could do well in the coming years, that might be why I'm looking for a rental property in the town, just need to wait for the current bubble in prices to burst!
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#67 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2021 - 07:40 PM

View PostDEATH, on 17 April 2021 - 06:27 PM, said:

Where will, housing be in the town centre?

Top end of moor lane, past Moorfield school, between Oxcroft Lane and Hill Top / Shuttlewood Rd, on the allotment off oxcroft lane, across to back of welbeck road, and presumably on the site of the old hospital now its closed.
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#68 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 17 April 2021 - 08:21 PM

View PostPontePete, on 17 April 2021 - 08:23 AM, said:

Whoever spireite1983 is that’s posted on the Chesterfield thread on scabsnet - hats off to you sir!

A joyous read https://www.stagsnet...9994&start=7025

I’ll gladly buy you a pint for that when we return.

It was you wasn’t it?

#69 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2021 - 08:48 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 17 April 2021 - 07:40 PM, said:

Top end of moor lane, past Moorfield school, between Oxcroft Lane and Hill Top / Shuttlewood Rd, on the allotment off oxcroft lane, across to back of welbeck road, and presumably on the site of the old hospital now its closed.

Yes that about covers it.

View Postisleaiw1, on 17 April 2021 - 07:38 PM, said:

Good man. I still love coming back and expect at some stage I will be back for good - house prices certainly a lot more palatable than in the SE.....

I fear for the co-op now Morrisons has opened - especially as Co-op strategy seems to be convenience store led these days. That will be a big unit to be stood idle if it ever is. Getting the Swan redeveloped and something back in Bella Blu will be good, and an Indian does seem to be one thing missing. Trying to work out where it might go - the old dental unit that is being rebuilt?

Bolsover stands to become a real commuter town which can be an issue with a transitory population but with the castle to bring in tourists and commuters on decent money bringing spending power it could do well in the coming years, that might be why I'm looking for a rental property in the town, just need to wait for the current bubble in prices to burst!

Sorry to disappoint current bubble showing no signs of bursting.

[quote name='forevablue' timestamp='1618678850' post='1575452']

Cheers Paul.
Interesting update.

#70 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2021 - 08:58 PM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 17 April 2021 - 08:48 PM, said:

Sorry to disappoint current bubble showing no signs of bursting.

Well as the stamp duty holiday continues (along with furlough) of course it wont. Lets revisit in Q4 this year and Q1 and 2 next year.

I mean its a double edged sword as prices going down affects me too but as I have no intention of selling yet, being able to buy cheaper would be good. And for my son, who wants to get on the ladder at some stage...
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#71 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2021 - 09:15 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 17 April 2021 - 08:58 PM, said:

Well as the stamp duty holiday continues (along with furlough) of course it wont. Lets revisit in Q4 this year and Q1 and 2 next year.

I mean its a double edged sword as prices going down affects me too but as I have no intention of selling yet, being able to buy cheaper would be good. And for my son, who wants to get on the ladder at some stage...

It will be interesting. Tbh I think prices have gone mad in Chesterfield like many other areas.

#72 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2021 - 09:18 PM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 17 April 2021 - 09:15 PM, said:

It will be interesting. Tbh I think prices have gone mad in Chesterfield like many other areas.

My house in Chesterfield has gone up in value by a bigger percentage than my house down south in last 3 years. I think my Mums house in Bolsover beats both. ut when my son is facing a one bed flat at over £350k I consider the world completely mad...
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#73 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2021 - 09:20 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 17 April 2021 - 09:18 PM, said:

My house in Chesterfield has gone up in value by a bigger percentage than my house down south in last 3 years. I think my Mums house in Bolsover beats both. ut when my son is facing a one bed flat at over £350k I consider the world completely mad...

Absolutely

#74 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 17 April 2021 - 09:40 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 17 April 2021 - 09:18 PM, said:

£350k in Bolsover?
Wow (although I’ve never been to Bolsover- it’s possibly beautiful)?

#75 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 17 April 2021 - 09:42 PM

calvin plummers socks said:

1618695603[/url]' post='1575532']
£350k in Bolsover?
Wow (although I've never been to Bolsover- it's possibly beautiful)?

You’ve never been to Boza? Seriously?

But don’t think that 350k in Boza is the norm, it isn’t.
A new hope.

#76 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2021 - 09:57 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 17 April 2021 - 09:40 PM, said:

£350k in Bolsover?

No, he works in central London and is looking within the London boundaries (London help to buy is more generous!)
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#77 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2021 - 10:00 PM

View PostDEATH, on 17 April 2021 - 09:42 PM, said:

But don’t think that 350k in Boza is the norm, it isn’t.

The new houses opposite Oxcroft Lane cemetery are in that sort of price band, there are a few others up Welbeck Road that break that level and some over £500k but most seem to be £200k to £250k for a detached property and £110k to £160k for terraced.
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#78 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 17 April 2021 - 10:08 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 17 April 2021 - 09:40 PM, said:

£350k in Bolsover?

The £350k flat is clearly not Bolsover.

#79 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 18 April 2021 - 05:57 AM

View PostDEATH, on 17 April 2021 - 09:42 PM, said:

[/size.

No never - what am I missing?

#80 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 18 April 2021 - 07:31 AM

View Postisleaiw1, on 17 April 2021 - 07:40 PM, said:

They have already done most of that on the old knocker factory and the council depot will probably be next. When he said town centre I was thinking more like dykes or hornscroft - not that the town centre is very big. The car park next to the BT building or opposite the library next to the dentist magbe?

If the co op did close that site and it’s car park could be used, stone built new one to keep the same town centre character
A new hope.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users