• You cannot reply to this topic

The Pitch

#21 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 January 2024 - 09:04 PM

View PostSecurity66, on 27 January 2024 - 07:57 PM, said:

See my edited post above, the full ravages of winter hadn’t taken hold by November & December.

Precisely. So blaming the problem on SUFC’s schedule might not be fair.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#22 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 27 January 2024 - 09:16 PM

A bit of pitch info that I was made aware of.Grass will only grow when the temperature is above 7 degrees Celsius , therefore heat lamps are required to keep the grass growing over winter. I am aware of one premier league club paying up to £500000 a month to keep these on constantly. To keep the optimum moisture content for the roots of the grass plant it would help to install a sub air system which would cost up to 6 million to install. If the pitch is not draining very well it would benefit from hollow coring and top dressing with sand, especially if signs of black layer are present. If any nematodes are present in the turf this will weaken the grass roots. At the moment I prefer the clubs investment in the team but very pleased with the investment in the training ground which has surely contributed in the success so far this season. Hopefully the groundsman has a copy of the performance quality standards for football pitch Maintenance they are following.
Have passport will travel

#23 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2024 - 09:17 PM

[quote name='isleaiw1' timestamp='1706388946' post='1799798']
I am sure a pitch is better if never played or trained on... however, given we dont have endless funds and we have to try and get as much income as we can, if we stop that we have to get it elsewhere... so as I said, what are you suggesting to replace it? It may also have been part of the deal that brought Freckleton in...so judge the whole package of deal not one part of it...

feel free, as long as we can keep up with which user name you are using this time. Why anyone would want or need multiple user names is beyond me....
[/quot

League 2 football with bigger away crowds and TV money should go a long way to replacing whatever monies Sheff Utd pay us for renting our pitch out.
I’ll ask the question again,I wonder what the manager’s views are on the renting out of our pitch bearing in mind he loves as near perfect as possible playing surface to play his style of football.
Regarding using multiple usernames, you really should get your facts right as I have had my current username for as long as I care to remember.

This post has been edited by Security66: 27 January 2024 - 09:24 PM

#24 User is offline   1978blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield Fc , Football in general . Music-Oasis , Queen and Pink Floyd. My Family and gardening.

Posted 27 January 2024 - 09:21 PM

View PostBenno Spire, on 27 January 2024 - 09:16 PM, said:

A bit of pitch info that I was made aware of.Grass will only grow when the temperature is above 7 degrees Celsius , therefore heat lamps are required to keep the grass growing over winter. I am aware of one premier league club paying up to £500000 a month to keep these on constantly. To keep the optimum moisture content for the roots of the grass plant it would help to install a sub air system which would cost up to 6 million to install. If the pitch is not draining very well it would benefit from hollow coring and top dressing with sand, especially if signs of black layer are present. If any nematodes are present in the turf this will weaken the grass roots. At the moment I prefer the clubs investment in the team but very pleased with the investment in the training ground which has surely contributed in the success so far this season. Hopefully the groundsman has a copy of the performance quality standards for football pitch Maintenance they are following.

It would help Ian if at the end of the game we could see the groundsman working on the pitch , there's usually the other chap but never the groundsman , surely he should be on there starting to repair the pitch straight away!

#25 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2024 - 09:23 PM

View Post1978blue, on 27 January 2024 - 09:21 PM, said:

It would help Ian if at the end of the game we could see the groundsman working on the pitch , there's usually the other chap but never the groundsman , surely he should be on there starting to repair the pitch straight away!

At top level clubs the groundsmen get the rotary mowers out at the end of the game and this smashes up and spreads out any divots for immediate benefit of the pitch and helps stand the grass up.

#26 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2024 - 09:23 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 27 January 2024 - 07:18 PM, said:

We have heat lamps, why aren’t we using them then?

I’d imagine cost. Them things nail electricity and we all know how expensive that has become.

#27 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2024 - 09:30 PM

View Postdim view, on 27 January 2024 - 09:04 PM, said:

Precisely. So blaming the problem on SUFC’s schedule might not be fair.

My point is playing 2 games at the beginning of February won’t give the pitch any recovery time.

This post has been edited by Security66: 27 January 2024 - 09:31 PM

#28 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 27 January 2024 - 09:37 PM

View PostSecurity66, on 27 January 2024 - 09:30 PM, said:

My point is playing 2 games at the beginning of February won’t give the pitch any recovery time.

Your point was that SUFC games have caused the damage, and I think that’s unlikely. CFC has already rescheduled 1 of their games in Jan and will surely do it again if it’s sensible.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#29 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2024 - 09:39 PM

View Postdim view, on 27 January 2024 - 09:37 PM, said:

Your point was that SUFC games have caused the damage, and I think that’s unlikely. CFC has already rescheduled 1 of their games in Jan and will surely do it again if it’s sensible.

Obviously they alone haven’t

This post has been edited by Security66: 27 January 2024 - 09:42 PM

#30 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2024 - 09:41 PM

View PostSecurity66, on 27 January 2024 - 09:17 PM, said:

View Postisleaiw1, on 27 January 2024 - 08:55 PM, said:

I am sure a pitch is better if never played or trained on... however, given we dont have endless funds and we have to try and get as much income as we can, if we stop that we have to get it elsewhere... so as I said, what are you suggesting to replace it? It may also have been part of the deal that brought Freckleton in...so judge the whole package of deal not one part of it...

feel free, as long as we can keep up with which user name you are using this time. Why anyone would want or need multiple user names is beyond me....

League 2 football with bigger away crowds and TV money should go a long way to replacing whatever monies Sheff Utd pay us for renting our pitch out.
I’ll ask the question again,I wonder what the manager’s views are on the renting out of our pitch bearing in mind he loves as near perfect as possible playing surface to play his style of football.
Regarding using multiple usernames, you really should get your facts right as I have had my current username for as long as I care to remember.

But what about increased wages and other operating costs from being in L2 and dealing with more fans? being selective again... as for Cookie, maybe he has been told its either the blades youngsters and an extra player or neither... and accepted one for the other? Either way. its working for him so far...

So are you saying you only post under one name and have only ever posted under one name? If so I apologise for mistaking you for our other security operative, probably born in 66, who used other names....
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#31 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2024 - 09:48 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 27 January 2024 - 09:41 PM, said:

But what about increased wages and other operating costs from being in L2 and dealing with more fans? being selective again... as for Cookie, maybe he has been told its either the blades youngsters and an extra player or neither... and accepted one for the other? Either way. its working for him so far...

So are you saying you only post under one name and have only ever posted under one name? If so I apologise for mistaking you for our other security operative, probably born in 66, who used other names....

Neither you or I know how much we are being paid by Sheff Utd so neither of us can have the definitive answer.
Apology accepted re multiple usernames.

#32 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 27 January 2024 - 09:49 PM

View Post1978blue, on 27 January 2024 - 09:21 PM, said:

They can do that Sunday, how early do you think they start on match day.
God I hate this league.

#33 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2024 - 09:55 PM

View PostDIFH, on 27 January 2024 - 09:49 PM, said:

Divots fixed within 1 hour will repair within 48 hours, divots repaired after 24 hours can take 2-4 weeks to repair I have read somewhere.

#34 User is offline   1978blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield Fc , Football in general . Music-Oasis , Queen and Pink Floyd. My Family and gardening.

Posted 27 January 2024 - 10:21 PM

View PostDIFH, on 27 January 2024 - 09:49 PM, said:

Don't be daft , how many times do you see on the TV matches where the groundsmen are straight on treating the pitch . Crikey if the groundsman thinks like you no wonder the pitch is in a state!!

#35 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2024 - 11:06 AM

View PostSecurity66, on 27 January 2024 - 09:17 PM, said:

I would think that the manager is reasonably pleased with the fact that we have an above average points return playing home games on the pitch under discussion resulting in us dropping just 2 points with only 7 more league games to play on it. The same pitch being capable of being played on when numerous others were postponed contributing to us extending the points gap from our rivals. Had the pitch not been in good enough condition and matches been postponed because of the adverse weather would the league table look like it does now?

#36 User is offline   DOUGLAS JARDINE 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2024 - 11:18 AM

View PostSecurity66, on 27 January 2024 - 09:30 PM, said:

Mate I get it but FFS we are 16 points clear with 2 games in hand it obviously is not stopping us

Lighten up

#37 User is offline   gloucestershireblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC

Posted 28 January 2024 - 11:18 AM

Their manager described the pitch as difficult. Only good news is that we are only playing twice on it in the next 4 weeks, hopefully help it recover a little bit.

#38 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 28 January 2024 - 11:55 AM

View Postgloucestershireblue, on 28 January 2024 - 11:18 AM, said:

Their manager described the pitch as difficult. Only good news is that we are only playing twice on it in the next 4 weeks, hopefully help it recover a little bit.

Bit rich considering the ploughed field they have….

#39 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2024 - 12:19 PM

View Postdtp, on 28 January 2024 - 11:06 AM, said:

I would think that the manager is reasonably pleased with the fact that we have an above average points return playing home games on the pitch under discussion resulting in us dropping just 2 points with only 7 more league games to play on it. The same pitch being capable of being played on when numerous others were postponed contributing to us extending the points gap from our rivals. Had the pitch not been in good enough condition and matches been postponed because of the adverse weather would the league table look like it does now?

I also think the manager would be delighted with the points return as it’s absolutely astonishing but it doesn’t mean he’s happy with the playing surface.
We have had no postponements because of the sheer hardwork of the groundsmen who’s job have being made a lot more difficult by the extra games being played on it.

#40 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2024 - 12:22 PM

View PostDOUGLAS JARDINE, on 28 January 2024 - 11:18 AM, said:

Mate I get it but FFS we are 16 points clear with 2 games in hand it obviously is not stopping us

Lighten up

Sorry for having a opinion.

[quote name='DOUGLAS JARDINE' timestamp='1706440689' post='1799912']

Lighten up
[/quote

This post has been edited by Security66: 28 January 2024 - 12:25 PM

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users