Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Barnet Vs Eastleigh - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Barnet Vs Eastleigh

#41 User is offline   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 March 2024 - 10:09 PM

View PostGrassmoorSpireite, on 19 March 2024 - 09:56 PM, said:

591 home 20 away

Surely not

#42 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2024 - 10:17 PM

And of the 20 in the away end there were at least 5 town fans I think. Phil Tooley was there in the away end.

#43 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 20 March 2024 - 04:46 AM

As for the attendance, the only figure I can see is on Eastleigh’s OS match report - 1081, including 82 away fans.

#44 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 20 March 2024 - 08:40 AM

Just seen a town fan who was there on twitter post there were 999 Barnet, 77 Eastleigh and 5 Spireites so that tallys up with what you saw on the Eastleigh site. 999 home fans is pitiful, not like there was any other football local or on TV that other folk would have been watching instead.

#45 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 20 March 2024 - 09:03 AM

View PostJonB, on 20 March 2024 - 08:40 AM, said:

Just seen a town fan who was there on twitter post there were 999 Barnet, 77 Eastleigh and 5 Spireites so that tallys up with what you saw on the Eastleigh site. 999 home fans is pitiful, not like there was any other football local or on TV that other folk would have been watching instead.

You gotta wonder whether Barnet and Bromley, who would have to dig their pitch up, actually want promotion in preference to them being perpetually elite clubs in t'NL. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they both fail in the play offs.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#46 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 20 March 2024 - 09:17 AM

View Postdim view, on 20 March 2024 - 09:03 AM, said:

You gotta wonder whether Barnet and Bromley, who would have to dig their pitch up, actually want promotion in preference to them being perpetually elite clubs in t'NL. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they both fail in the play offs.

Well Barnet are planning for a new ground back in Barnet so that suggests they want to push on. With the new TV deal in the EFL you would think that the financial benefits of that would help pay for the new ground at Barnet and also pay for the pitch at Bromley plus any financial benefits from it. I would suggest that stagnating around the top of the national league would actually see their respective crowds dwindle to be honest as fans get bored of watching them do ok against the same teams but ultimately going nowhere season after season.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users