• You cannot reply to this topic

Halifax Away

#41 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 February 2024 - 02:00 AM

View PostOsborne again, on 18 February 2024 - 07:36 PM, said:

If our players read this forum, they'd have to check and re-check the league table to make sure we're not 20 points adrift at the bottom of the table.

They can water all they want but they’ll be up the creek without a paddle if they think they’re catching us, talk about adrift were the biggest icebergs floating atm.
God I hate this league.

#42 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2024 - 05:48 AM

View PostZigsuk, on 19 February 2024 - 12:14 AM, said:

Is Berry injured?

Yes, done his hammy.

#43 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 19 February 2024 - 11:06 AM

What do we reckon 1800?
JRID

#44 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 19 February 2024 - 11:58 AM

View PostSearch & Destroy, on 19 February 2024 - 11:06 AM, said:

What do we reckon 1800?

1500-1600 is my guess.

#45 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 19 February 2024 - 11:59 AM

Easy distance midweek

#46 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 19 February 2024 - 12:17 PM

View Postwarfey is a spireite, on 19 February 2024 - 11:59 AM, said:

Easy distance midweek

It's not far as the crow flies but it's not a quick journey. You can get most of the way to London on the M1 in the time it takes to get there.

#47 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 19 February 2024 - 12:24 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 19 February 2024 - 12:17 PM, said:

It's not far as the crow flies but it's not a quick journey. You can get most of the way to London on the M1 in the time it takes to get there.

Was going to say similar, its only 70 miles but its not a great journey. Got to get out of town to the M1 one way or another then the chunk of M1 between M18 and Meadowhall which is always crap then decide to go M62 or come off at Barnsley then to finish things off looks like there are multiple roadworks on the way into Halifax according to Google Maps. Saying anything from 90mins to 1hr 45 currently for the journey but at gone 5pm on a Tuesday night it could well be more. Folk not finishing work til 5pm then heading up could be cutting it fine especially with the expected fun caused by them wanting to make it cash only on the day to get in.

Worse journeys to be done but by no means an easy one midweek. Could well be easier next week getting to Barnet as you say.

#48 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 19 February 2024 - 12:30 PM

View PostJonB, on 19 February 2024 - 12:24 PM, said:

Was going to say similar, its only 70 miles but its not a great journey. Got to get out of town to the M1 one way or another then the chunk of M1 between M18 and Meadowhall which is always crap then decide to go M62 or come off at Barnsley then to finish things off looks like there are multiple roadworks on the way into Halifax according to Google Maps. Saying anything from 90mins to 1hr 45 currently for the journey but at gone 5pm on a Tuesday night it could well be more. Folk not finishing work til 5pm then heading up could be cutting it fine especially with the expected fun caused by them wanting to make it cash only on the day to get in.

Worse journeys to be done but by no means an easy one midweek. Could well be easier next week getting to Barnet as you say.

I went with an ex a couple of years ago to see a gig there and coming home accidentally left the 'avoid motorway' option on the sat nav and came an extremely pretty but slow way through the hills. 46 miles only but easily took the best part of 2 hours.

#49 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 19 February 2024 - 12:39 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 19 February 2024 - 12:30 PM, said:

I went with an ex a couple of years ago to see a gig there and coming home accidentally left the 'avoid motorway' option on the sat nav and came an extremely pretty but slow way through the hills. 46 miles only but easily took the best part of 2 hours.

Yep can imagine that was interesting, similar way you'd go to Holmfirth which i've done a couple of times and some fun bits. Probably a bit similar to my journey over the weekend when i went down to a small village in mid wales to see a mate. Got within 2 miles of his place only to find a road closure that wasnt on Google Maps and led to a 12 mile diversion route and the sat nav not handling it very well. Came back yesterday using Apple Maps which did have the road closed but got to a point where it disagreed with the diversion route, followed the sat nav and ended up on some single track B roads in the middle of nowhere!

I'll likely go tomorrow night as other half and daughter away on holiday so i'm home alone and nothing better to do but i'm not looking forward to the drive there as it will likely be a pain in the backside with traffic etc. Nightmare just getting down Chatsworth Road from my house currently due to various road works. Three way lights at Somersall Lane currently before you then have to navigate the fun at West Bars roundabout where the temp lights are rubbish!

#50 User is offline   KevoBMMD 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2024 - 12:58 PM

View Postwarfey is a spireite, on 19 February 2024 - 11:59 AM, said:

Easy distance midweek

The distance is immaterial. It's the roads that count. 1 1/2hrs to 2 hours in a car from Town unless you hit trouble like we did last time and it was 2 hrs 15 minutes.

Our Car full starts in Ripley some time around 4:30pm then in to Chesterfield so it cuts it close

#51 User is offline   Zigsuk 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2024 - 01:48 PM

View PostLincs Spireite, on 19 February 2024 - 05:48 AM, said:

Yes, done his hammy.

That is a huge blow, doubly so with Colclough also being injured. Hope Dobra doesn't join them.

#52 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 19 February 2024 - 01:51 PM

View PostZigsuk, on 19 February 2024 - 01:48 PM, said:

That is a huge blow, doubly so with Colclough also being injured. Hope Dobra doesn't join them.

Sometimes it’s worth reading other threads like the DT one:

Berry missed out on a place in the squad in the defeat to Bromley on Saturday because of a hamstring problem, but assistant manager Danny Webb said he could be back for the Halifax clash.

#53 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 19 February 2024 - 01:52 PM

View PostJonB, on 19 February 2024 - 12:39 PM, said:

Yep can imagine that was interesting, similar way you'd go to Holmfirth which i've done a couple of times and some fun bits. Probably a bit similar to my journey over the weekend when i went down to a small village in mid wales to see a mate. Got within 2 miles of his place only to find a road closure that wasnt on Google Maps and led to a 12 mile diversion route and the sat nav not handling it very well. Came back yesterday using Apple Maps which did have the road closed but got to a point where it disagreed with the diversion route, followed the sat nav and ended up on some single track B roads in the middle of nowhere!

I'll likely go tomorrow night as other half and daughter away on holiday so i'm home alone and nothing better to do but i'm not looking forward to the drive there as it will likely be a pain in the backside with traffic etc. Nightmare just getting down Chatsworth Road from my house currently due to various road works. Three way lights at Somersall Lane currently before you then have to navigate the fun at West Bars roundabout where the temp lights are rubbish!

I think there's a few seats on the bus from the Barrel but goes at 2.

#54 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 19 February 2024 - 01:53 PM

View PostJonB, on 19 February 2024 - 12:24 PM, said:

Use Sheffield ring road then come off M1 at 38.
God I hate this league.

#55 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 19 February 2024 - 01:55 PM

Dobra is a terrific player, but Berry and Colclough are the only players we have with outright pace. We really need one or both of them back as soon as possible.

#56 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 19 February 2024 - 01:58 PM

View PostDIFH, on 19 February 2024 - 01:53 PM, said:

Use Sheffield ring road then come off M1 at 38.

Yep from my side of Chesterfield quite often go through Sheffield to get on by Meadowhall but that is hardly traffic free in an evening.

I'll just wait and see whats happening when i set off and go from there.

#57 User is offline   stainlessstephen 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2024 - 02:08 PM

Daft as it sounds, Halifax isn't a huge journey from Leek. I have 2 options, Glossop then Holmfirth or Stockport then the M60 and M62.

The Glossop route is only 55 miles but its slow.
Mainframe... Uncle Eric is helping police with their enquiries

#58 User is offline   FORZA AZZURRI 

• World Champions 1934*1938** 1982***2006****
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2024 - 02:48 PM

Not done hamstring he felt it in training… he’s travelling tomorrow.
World Champions 1934 1938 1982 2006 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Euro Champions 1968” 2020”

#59 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 19 February 2024 - 07:48 PM

View PostFORZA AZZURRI, on 19 February 2024 - 02:48 PM, said:

Not done hamstring he felt it in training… he’s travelling tomorrow.

Depends on what is meant by ‘done’ hamstring.
If he ‘felt it’ playing on a rough pitch on a cold Feb night probably isn’t best

#60 User is offline   Rogerwillis 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2024 - 08:37 PM

Is Aran Jackson reffing tomorrow?

Share this topic:

• (52 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic