• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Armand Return??

#41 User is offline   Tips M'Gee 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:football, arty stuff, music, holidays- lots of!

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:54 PM

The Mighty Boosh

Early Doors

Anything with Sharon Horgan in it
Dancers are considered mad by those who cant hear music.

#42 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:58 PM

View PostTips M, on 07 December 2015 - 10:54 PM, said:

The Mighty Boosh

Early Doors

Anything with Sharon Horgan in it

Early Doors is an under rated classic

#43 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:11 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 07 December 2015 - 10:58 PM, said:

Early Doors is an under rated classic

Early doors is great, also a little known Scottish BBC programme called Still Game!
East stand second class citizen.

#44 User is offline   ArcticSpireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:13 AM

View Postfiredodger, on 07 December 2015 - 10:33 PM, said:

Big Bang is very good, maybe goes above cheers as my favourite American sit com

Sorry but I can't sit by and let that fly (and I hope to god you're joking); The Big Bang Theory is THE most abhorrent show I've ever seen in my life. It genuinely sickens me how it's so popular because it is the most brainless, typically American excuse for a comedy in TV history. What exactly do you find funny about it?
Happiness is like a cake. Have too much; and you get sick of it.

#45 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:46 AM

View PostArcticSpireite, on 08 December 2015 - 10:13 AM, said:

Sorry but I can't sit by and let that fly (and I hope to god you're joking); The Big Bang Theory is THE most abhorrent show I've ever seen in my life. It genuinely sickens me how it's so popular because it is the most brainless, typically American excuse for a comedy in TV history. What exactly do you find funny about it?

I like it....its pretty funny and easy to watch. It must have something going for it to be as successful as it is. TV is like that though, not everyone likes everything. Father in Law is often ranting about how poor Friends was although that seemed to do ok and i cant be doing with a lot of the Game of Thrones and some of the other stuff that is knocking about these days.

#46 User is offline   kopblue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:58 AM

. Big bang in 9th series 24 episodes a series suggest it's been a huge success, best comedy from across the pond for me,bazinga

#47 User is offline   ArcticSpireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:28 AM

Oh god, more of you?! My own beloved town fans?! I feel betrayed, I thought we were better than this...

I can understand both sides of the argument for Friends, it is a bit simple and bland but the characters are easy to like and interesting e.t.c. Game of Thrones for me is brilliantly compelling but I understand it's a bit slow and too much or simply boring for some people. I just can't understand for the life of me what's funny or enjoyable about Big Bang.

Best comedy from across the pond for me has to be South Park. Over the years it's evolved from a juvenile, foul mouthed show with easy laughs to a bit of a moral compass. Trey Parker and Matt Stone are some of the most underrated writers of our time imo. The way they deal with things like censorship, religion, prejudice and so on is absolutely genius. They dress a lot of issues up in juvenile settings and stories but there's an insightful message in more or less everything they do.

#48 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:45 AM

Anybody watching the very likeable and funny Bobs Burgers cartoon?
East stand second class citizen.

#49 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:09 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 08 December 2015 - 11:45 AM, said:

Anybody watching the very likeable and funny Bobs Burgers cartoon?

Yes, very funny. Download playboxHD off the Internet to your device and it has all of the 6 seasons on there.

#50 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:46 PM

The only thing it's got going for it is that it's an "easy watch" but it's not particularly funny and the characters are about as two dimensional as it gets.

#51 User is offline   Mr.Sidewalk 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:10 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 07 December 2015 - 11:11 PM, said:

Early doors is great, also a little known Scottish BBC programme called Still Game!

#52 User is offline   Mr.Sidewalk 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:12 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 07 December 2015 - 11:11 PM, said:

If you liked Still Game check out Chewin' the fat - it's the sketch show that SG was taken from

#53 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:19 PM

Humour is an individual thing, not a problem that you don't like it, it's all about personal choice. I find sheldons character very funny, the 'gay' aspect of raj and his friendship with Howard is funny, the whole thing makes me smile.
I've never watched a single minute of game of thrones because it just looks like dungeons and dragonsy type pap to me, but again that's my choice, none of it makes me or you right or wrong!
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#54 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:23 PM

View PostGoku, on 08 December 2015 - 12:46 PM, said:

The only thing it's got going for it is that it's an "easy watch" but it's not particularly funny and the characters are about as two dimensional as it gets.

Two dimensional characters? Mate I'm not Melvyn Bragg, I watch it because it amuses me, I don't look for layers and extra dimensions to the characters, if they are there and they make me laugh then great, but I'm not going to occupy my time looking for them.
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#55 User is offline   Jud 

• One Club Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:38 PM

Limmy? Anyone?
"Tha'd have known if l'd got hold o' thee...."

#56 User is offline   ArcticSpireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:51 PM

View Postfiredodger, on 08 December 2015 - 03:19 PM, said:

Humour is an individual thing, not a problem that you don't like it, it's all about personal choice. I find sheldons character very funny, the 'gay' aspect of raj and his friendship with Howard is funny, the whole thing makes me smile.
I've never watched a single minute of game of thrones because it just looks like dungeons and dragonsy type pap to me, but again that's my choice, none of it makes me or you right or wrong!

Fair do's. It's just so simple and dumb in my opinion, I feel like there's literally no content or actual comedy to it, to the point where it genuinely enrages me how it's so popular lol. I see what you mean about Game of Thrones and I held it off for so long for that exact reason; but it's definitely worth at least a season's try. It's not just the fat, spotty, nerd haven you might think it is (even though I do probably add to that demographic).

This post has been edited by ArcticSpireite: 08 December 2015 - 03:52 PM

#57 User is offline   kopblue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:31 PM

View Postfiredodger, on 08 December 2015 - 03:19 PM, said:

exactly my opinion regarding big bang, game of thrones is OK but like walking dead stretched out a lot.

#58 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:51 PM

how exactly does an armand thread descend into an all-time comedy favourites thread.........????

hang on....we've all seen armand play football, that goes along way to explain it.

This post has been edited by spireitetoo: 08 December 2015 - 04:51 PM

all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#59 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 08 December 2015 - 05:32 PM

View Postkopblue, on 08 December 2015 - 04:31 PM, said:

exactly my opinion regarding big bang, game of thrones is OK but like walking dead stretched out a lot.

Apart from the multi-faceted characters rarely ever simplified as just "good" or "evil" and the fact that George R. R. Martin has created an entire world, entire nations all with their own complex interwoven political and moral intricacies, presumably? That's a bit different from Walking Dead.

Walking Dead is full of obvious "cliffhangers" and characters being thick as owt. Lost interest at the end of Season 3 when "good guys" were dying and I didn't even care to know their names. The two don't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence IMO.

This post has been edited by Goku: 08 December 2015 - 05:35 PM

#60 User is offline   spirette 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Spireite through and through

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:11 AM

View PostJud, on 08 December 2015 - 03:38 PM, said:

Limmy? Anyone?

My other half finds him hilarious. He read his book on holiday and I've never heard him laugh so much. I just don't get it.
Chesterfield FC: League 2 Champions 2010-2011/2013-2014

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users