• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Flops - their defence.

#1 User is offline   Jets Fan 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members..
  • Interests:I enjoy watching the famous CFC home and especially away. Apart from that i like to have a laugh in the pub. Oh and i LOVE winding the people on here up. I call it fishing, dangle some maggots, they bite and i reel em in. WWAHAHAHAHA

Posted 19 April 2008 - 06:30 PM

Can anyone cast their minds not too far back to a season when Aaron Downes was awsome? I certainly can!! I also know that a player doesnt go bad over night, we have all seen what Downes is capable off and he has had a off season IMO. He is obviously a confidence player and a lot of weight has been put on his shoulders this season, i was certainly expecting greater things from him as were a lot of other fans. This time he hasnt stepped up to the mark but if attentions are focused somewhere else next season whos to say he cant get back to his best?

Barry Roche is the same, was a great keeper not too long ago , dodgy at crosses yeah but a fantastic shot stopper also low on confidence at the moment!!

Who is responsible for the confidence and morale of the team? The backroom staff not just Rico. Players respond to managers and his staff in different ways also Rico is obviously not a inspirational or motivational manager is he?

If i remember correctly at the start of the season Aaron Downes gave a interview quoting Rico as saying something along the lines of 'we could win promotion to the Championship using the slingshot effect' obviously CFC are not in a position to do this and maybe when the lads realised they couldnt walk the league morale plummeted! Rico should have set his sight lower, if he says a mid-table finish and we r in the play-offs then we r exceeding expectations and everyone is happy and confidence is high!

Andy
Rico....You Suck

#2 User is offline   Bugerov 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 April 2008 - 06:48 PM

View PostClingans Barmy Army, on Apr 19 2008, 07:30 PM, said:

Can anyone cast their minds not too far back to a season when Aaron Downes was awsome? I certainly can!! I also know that a player doesnt go bad over night, we have all seen what Downes is capable off and he has had a off season IMO. He is obviously a confidence player and a lot of weight has been put on his shoulders this season, i was certainly expecting greater things from him as were a lot of other fans. This time he hasnt stepped up to the mark but if attentions are focused somewhere else next season whos to say he cant get back to his best?

Barry Roche is the same, was a great keeper not too long ago , dodgy at crosses yeah but a fantastic shot stopper also low on confidence at the moment!!

Who is responsible for the confidence and morale of the team? The backroom staff not just Rico. Players respond to managers and his staff in different ways also Rico is obviously not a inspirational or motivational manager is he?

If i remember correctly at the start of the season Aaron Downes gave a interview quoting Rico as saying something along the lines of 'we could win promotion to the Championship using the slingshot effect' obviously CFC are not in a position to do this and maybe when the lads realised they couldnt walk the league morale plummeted! Rico should have set his sight lower, if he says a mid-table finish and we r in the play-offs then we r exceeding expectations and everyone is happy and confidence is high!

Andy

No. he was always an inconsistent lightweight

Ok, good players have off games but off seasons? Come on :)
Bring Sakashvili to justice

#3 User is offline   Mr_Tall 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2008 - 06:53 PM

Andy

Barry Roche has never been a great keeper.

#4 User is offline   Jets Fan 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I enjoy watching the famous CFC home and especially away. Apart from that i like to have a laugh in the pub. Oh and i LOVE winding the people on here up. I call it fishing, dangle some maggots, they bite and i reel em in. WWAHAHAHAHA

Posted 19 April 2008 - 06:58 PM

View PostMr_Tall, on Apr 19 2008, 07:53 PM, said:

Barry Roche has never been a great keeper.

lol na he didnt save a unreal amount of 1on1s last season!lol :)
Rico....You Suck

#5 User is offline   Mr_Tall 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:08 PM

View PostClingans Barmy Army, on Apr 19 2008, 07:58 PM, said:

lol na he didnt save a unreal amount of 1on1s last season!lol :)

Is that supposed to be sarcastic? Or are you just stating the obvious? If you seriously believe he saved an 'unreal' amount of one-on-ones last seasons, which I disagree with, what about all the goals he gave away with his terrible positional sense or his total lack of dominating his area (preferring to dither on his line instead or flap hopelessly at a cross that a 'great' keeper would catch easily)?

I've watched Chesterfield and football in general for a long time and, trust me, Barry Roche is not a keeper. Billy Mercer was a great keeper, Barry Roche is not, and, in my opinion never will be.

#6 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:54 PM

Andy

Agree about Downes and Roche, but if iRico had set out with those expectations at the start of the season I can guarantee he`d have been slated for not having enough AMBITION by our resident know-alls. The very ones, of course, who are now slating him for not achieving his targets - in other words, they don't like him, won't give him a chance, and he can't win whatever happens.

#7 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:56 PM

View Postsophocles, on Apr 19 2008, 08:54 PM, said:

Agree about Downes and Roche, but if iRico had set out with those expectations at the start of the season I can guarantee he`d have been slated for not having enough AMBITION by our resident know-alls. The very ones, of course, who are now slating him for not achieving his targets - in other words, they don't like him, won't give him a chance, and he can't win whatever happens.

6 years as an assistant
9 games last season to win the few pionts needed to keep us up
a full season this season to achieve nothing

How many chances do you think he should have then?
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#8 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 19 April 2008 - 08:02 PM

View Postfishini, on Apr 19 2008, 08:56 PM, said:

6 years as an assistant
9 games last season to win the few pionts needed to keep us up
a full season this season to achieve nothing

How many chances do you think he should have then?

More than one season as manager. He did not have full responsibility prior to that, so why don't you make some attempt at balanced criticism as opposed to bigoted victimisation? Thinking about it though, that's asking too much from you.

This post has been edited by sophocles: 19 April 2008 - 08:03 PM

#9 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 19 April 2008 - 08:23 PM

View Postsophocles, on Apr 19 2008, 09:02 PM, said:

More than one season as manager. He did not have full responsibility prior to that, so why don't you make some attempt at balanced criticism as opposed to bigoted victimisation? Thinking about it though, that's asking too much from you.

Apologists don't you just hate them?

So you are happy with the failure of this season then? You are happy for the same again next season? Mediocrity breed mediocrity it's fans like you with their low ambitions and expectations that are holding this club back, for once in your life have slightly higher aims that the anywhere above the bottom 3 is a success mindset. Nobody would mind the clown making mistakes as long as he only made them once and learned from them but he hasn't he keeps making the same mistakes over and over again. His tactics have not improved over the season, he keeps playing players out of position, he keeps playing players who are conistantly failing, he recignises problems on the feild but does not rectify them he birngs personal dislike into the club hence better players not getting a game. Lets not forget that he set the hight of the bar with his 'anything short of promotion etc etc' So by his own words he has failed and as such he should go.
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#10 User is offline   Jets Fan 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2008 - 08:48 PM

View Postfishini, on Apr 19 2008, 09:23 PM, said:

Apologists don't you just hate them?

So you are happy with the failure of this season then? You are happy for the same again next season? Mediocrity breed mediocrity it's fans like you with their low ambitions and expectations that are holding this club back, for once in your life have slightly higher aims that the anywhere above the bottom 3 is a success mindset. Nobody would mind the clown making mistakes as long as he only made them once and learned from them but he hasn't he keeps making the same mistakes over and over again. His tactics have not improved over the season, he keeps playing players out of position, he keeps playing players who are conistantly failing, he recignises problems on the feild but does not rectify them he birngs personal dislike into the club hence better players not getting a game. Lets not forget that he set the hight of the bar with his 'anything short of promotion etc etc' So by his own words he has failed and as such he should go.

Who would cfc get in as manager? who would come? I fully expected promotion this seasonI havent been to many games and i will not be attending any games next season for the simple reason ofthat i refuse to pay the gate prices to stand in a tin shack and watch nothing bt pub football from both teams but as for sacking Rico, im now unsure if its wise! Afterall he did bring some decent loan signings in(hartley aside) Bastians, Rooney, Dowson. Granted they are not the likes of Clingan and O'hara but, L2 they r ok. I have very much canged my opinions on CFC and i have learnt to live with the fact tha they wll never achive anything. Remember Vicar Lane wasnt built in a day!!!
Rico....You Suck

#11 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2008 - 08:53 PM

View PostClingans Barmy Army, on Apr 19 2008, 09:48 PM, said:

Who would cfc get in as manager? who would come? I fully expected promotion this seasonI havent been to many games and i will not be attending any games next season for the simple reason ofthat i refuse to pay the gate prices to stand in a tin shack and watch nothing bt pub football from both teams but as for sacking Rico, im now unsure if its wise! Afterall he did bring some decent loan signings in(hartley aside) Bastians, Rooney, Dowson. Granted they are not the likes of Clingan and O'hara but, L2 they r ok. I have very much canged my opinions on CFC and i have learnt to live with the fact tha they wll never achive anything. Remember Vicar Lane wasnt built in a day!!!

another rubbish line spouted by many - who would want to come here?

FACT - there are only 92 League Managers jobs available

FACT - there are more than 92 people who want to be league managers

FACT - there are some very talented managers or would be managers who haven't got jobs as managers

Macclesfield managed to get Paul Ince

If the job was advertised properly and we ran proper interviews we would get a good response

and on Downes, he has never been any good, has always made too many mistakes and will never be a footballer, sooner we get rid the better. Roche is a shot stopper, and by no means a great keeper!

#12 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 19 April 2008 - 08:55 PM

View Postsophocles, on Apr 19 2008, 09:02 PM, said:

Skipping over your, by now, expected abuse, just how long do you think Richardson should be given? Exactly where should we draw a line in the sand? Just what do you constitute as failure and at which point would you begin to call for change?

All we've heard so far is your condemnation of genuine Town fans who have a different opinion to yourself, where does that end and your condemnation of those running the Club begin?
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#13 User is offline   antony hawkins 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:04 PM

View PostClingans Barmy Army, on Apr 19 2008, 09:48 PM, said:

Who would cfc get in as manager? who would come? I fully expected promotion this seasonI havent been to many games and i will not be attending any games next season for the simple reason ofthat i refuse to pay the gate prices to stand in a tin shack and watch nothing bt pub football from both teams but as for sacking Rico, im now unsure if its wise!

Afterall he did bring some decent loan signings in(hartley aside) Bastians, Rooney, Dowson

. Granted they are not the likes of Clingan and O'hara but, L2 they r ok. I have very much canged my opinions on CFC and i have learnt to live with the fact tha they wll never achive anything. Remember Vicar Lane wasnt built in a day!!!

Yes he did bring in some decent loan players like Maloney, Bastiens & Rooney but Richardson dropped them but continues to pick loan players like Hartley who has been poor.

#14 User is offline   Jets Fan 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:22 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Apr 19 2008, 09:55 PM, said:

Skipping over your, by now, expected abuse, just how long do you think Richardson should be given? Exactly where should we draw a line in the sand? Just what do you constitute as failure and at which point would you begin to call for change?

All we've heard so far is your condemnation of genuine Town fans who have a different opinion to yourself, where does that end and your condemnation of those running the Club begin?

Abuse was expected and i used to be a abuser myself lol, longer than 1 season maybe if we are no better off halfway tru next season change manager but there is a current trend of getting rid of managers after short amounts of time. I think this season is a failure BIG TIME but he has had one crack of the whip!! I just think we shouldnt swap Rico just yet cos at this level most managers are pi*s poor. Just give him more than one season, anyways when did all you CFC fans grow a back bone? lololol
A town fan is a town fan and we all have different ways of supporting our club as for those running the club....they are Bunkum and its a real shame we hav a bunch of mokeys on the board Maybe Rico will extend his probaly limited contacts next season and bring in some great loanees.
Rico....You Suck

#15 User is offline   Jets Fan 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:33 PM

View Postcompton st kid, on Apr 19 2008, 10:04 PM, said:

Afterall he did bring some decent loan signings in(hartley aside) Bastians, Rooney, Dowson

Yes he did bring in some decent loan players like Maloney, Bastiens & Rooney but Richardson dropped them but continues to pick loan players like Hartley who has been poor.

Do yu attend training every day? Maybe he drops them because they have attitudes or r late for training.

View PostCartman, on Apr 19 2008, 09:53 PM, said:

FACT - there are some very talented managers or would be managers who haven't got jobs as managers

If the job was advertised properly and we ran proper interviews we would get a good response

and on Downes, he has never been any good, has always made too many mistakes and will never be a footballer, sooner we get rid the better. Roche is a shot stopper, and by no means a great keeper!

Name one?

View PostCartman, on Apr 19 2008, 09:53 PM, said:

who was Player of the year last year by the way?
Rico....You Suck

#16 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:33 PM

View Postsophocles, on Apr 19 2008, 08:54 PM, said:

I assume by 'know-alls' you refer to all those who have a different opinion to yours.

#17 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:36 PM

View PostClingans Barmy Army, on Apr 19 2008, 10:33 PM, said:

Do yu attend training every day? Maybe he drops them because they have attitudes or r late for training.

Name one?

who was Player of the year last year by the way?

Or maybe he drops them cos he is clueless

Ray Mathias

Some useless Aussie cos everyone has a rubbish season, that player of the tear award means nowt, he was still rubbish

#18 User is offline   Jets Fan 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:49 PM

View PostCartman, on Apr 19 2008, 10:36 PM, said:

Or maybe he drops them cos he is clueless

Ray Mathias

Some useless Aussie cos everyone has a rubbish season, that player of the tear award means nowt, he was still rubbish

hahaha no it doesnt i mean Ronaldo is POTY for MAN U but he s a rite pile of Sh*t. Kaka is also not worth the boots he plays in and neither is Messi, i guess ur right player of the year really does mean nothin!!! Wot a idiot u are!

I bet Rico thinks A.Rooney is awsome in training i know ill drop him next game! U prat!! Ray Mathias elighten us oh wise one.....seen him on football manager have u? :lol:
Rico....You Suck

#19 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:55 PM

View PostClingans Barmy Army, on Apr 19 2008, 10:49 PM, said:

hahaha no it doesnt i mean Ronaldo is POTY for MAN U but he s a rite pile of Sh*t. Kaka is also not worth the boots he plays in and neither is Messi, i guess ur right player of the year really does mean nothin!!! Wot a idiot u are!

I bet Rico thinks A.Rooney is awsome in training i know ill drop him next game! U prat!! Ray Mathias elighten us oh wise one.....seen him on football manager have u? :unsure:

Ray Mathias is assistant manager at MK Dons

are you a bit special? have you been sniffing glue? I said The player of the year award for OUR terrible season last term meant nothing as they were all useless anyway, do you want me to make the text bigger so you can understand?

Richardson is a joke and the sooner he is gone the better

#20 User is offline   Jets Fan 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:07 PM

View PostCartman, on Apr 19 2008, 10:55 PM, said:

Ray Mathias is assistant manager at MK Dons

are you a bit special? have you been sniffing glue? I said The player of the year award for OUR terrible season last term meant nothing as they were all useless anyway, do you want me to make the text bigger so you can understand?

Richardson is a joke and the sooner he is gone the better

Yeah i am special thats why im pulling u up on every wrong aspect of ur post!lol
Assistant manager of MK how ambitious LOL u dik!!
Terrible season last season? wot do u expect from CFC? I also thought it was a terrible season but THE CLUB HAS NO MONEY BECAUSE IT HAS A MINUTE FAN BASE!!! Derrrrr so without money wot can we do?

I dont sniff glue either im not from birdholme lol :unsure:
Rico....You Suck

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users