Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: The Quest For 7000. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Quest For 7000. Will we reach the promised land?

#101 Guest_NOKIN_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 19 March 2015 - 08:32 PM

View Postdim view, on 19 March 2015 - 08:23 PM, said:

Who has made that allegation apart from Fishini?. Ashley has said there is nowt spare as some debts have been repaid and other expenses have crawled out of the woodwork, and CT has said we are trading in the black.

That's brilliant then, all is well. 👍

#102 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:17 PM

View PostNOKIN, on 19 March 2015 - 07:24 PM, said:

I'm not saying the averages are bad, I think the attendances are excellent. What worries me a bit it that the chairman wanted an average of 7k this season and clearly, 7k is no where near enough to keep the club on a financial even keel. Many areas of the business need to be improved, not just the attendance.

At an average of 7k we are doing very well, very well indeed but I can't see that figure increasing without some drastic focus on bringing punters in and keeping hold of them.

Maybe if the club included ST holders in the attendance, regardless of whether they turned up, the average would be above 7k. It would certainly be higher than what it is.

#103 User is offline   Nerima Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Yumeka
    Tahn
    The Universe & Life
    Learning & growth
    Animals
    アニメ・漫画
    Japanese music

Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:58 AM

View Postdim view, on 19 March 2015 - 05:52 PM, said:

They are for Satdays. It's more to do with having fanless opponents in midweek.

More to do with fewer fans being able to travel due to work/school commitments (including home fans) or inconvenience at getting back, I'd wager. If we were playing a decent sized team, like Preston, as someone else pointed out, they'd bring far fewer - best to play some crud on a weekday night who would not bring many anyway than lose out on a lot more from a better supported team (especially if not that local).

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 19 March 2015 - 07:47 PM, said:

Our attendance the other night was double that of both Oldham & Colchester and a fair amount bigger that other clubs you'd consider a similar size to us.

Was surprised to hear this and checked it. Sorry for doubting you - that evening there were only 3 games with more fans than at the Proact and 7 with fewer - in league 1 (shows what midweek games can do to you!) How times have changed since the days of Randall and Rushbury as manager when we were one of the lowest supported clubs in the division and if we got over 3000, I thought the floodgates had opened!
頑張れ日本!!!

#104 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:49 AM

at least 10% of season ticket holders do not attend home matches. Obviously different people every week, but David Jones said the club would rather people pass their ST on to someone else for the match they can't attend and get people in, than the seat be empty.

#105 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:32 AM

View Postlindave, on 19 March 2015 - 08:30 PM, said:

Unless its impossible to get to the game for whatever reason, I can't understand why a season ticket holder would decide not to go to a home game. Like somebody has already said on here, its a roller coaster ride watching Town at times and very frustrating.But I'm not one of them that can keep away it's in the blood, but sorry I just can understand why anyone would want to stay away.The club has no future without us the fans, there's nothing worse than seeing empty seats all over the place.The school deals have been brilliant and have helped to keep the ground buzzing with hundreds of lively kids sporting Club colours that's the way forward,attracting young families with affordable prices.

because football isn't everything and people often have better things to do?

#106 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:35 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 20 March 2015 - 06:49 AM, said:

at least 10% of season ticket holders do not attend home matches. Obviously different people every week, but David Jones said the club would rather people pass their ST on to someone else for the match they can't attend and get people in, than the seat be empty.

If we have 4000+ ST holders and 10%+ dont attend on average then at least 400 could be added to the average, bumping it up from 6,850 to 7,250.

#107 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 20 March 2015 - 02:09 PM

View Postdim view, on 19 March 2015 - 08:23 PM, said:

Who has made that allegation apart from Fishini?. Ashley has said there is nowt spare as some debts have been repaid and other expenses have crawled out of the woodwork, and CT has said we are trading in the black.

well the proof of the pudding will be in the eating, so to speak, and we will be able to see in the next set of accounts..........By the above logic, (less the fee paid for Clucas) the debt should be reduced by the amount received in transfers, minus the extra expenses, and if we are trading in the black from month to month and there is a surplus this may even cover the hidden expenses.

I don't believe for one minute the debt will be reduced by anything like £1,500,000...............do you?

View PostSpire-Power, on 20 March 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

If we have 4000+ ST holders and 10%+ dont attend on average then at least 400 could be added to the average, bumping it up from 6,850 to 7,250.

it would be interesting to see the average tickets sold per game over the season in comparison to the number of people who attended.
A new hope.

#108 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:09 PM

it would be interesting to see the average tickets sold per game over the season in comparison to the number of people who attended.
[/quote]

Dont know if the club collate this info. Maybe its easier to record an attendance figure based on that day's total ST card and paper ticket swipes rather than checking how many non ST holders attended. This assumes the technology can differentiate between the two categories of customer.

#109 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:00 AM

Did anyone ask how the 10% figure compared with other clubs?

#110 Guest_mikethespire_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:13 AM

This is a strange one.

Whilst, of course, this happens I assumed that they were technically non transferable.

So if I cannot attend a game but my brother ( who is not a season ticket holder but goes to a lot of games ) takes my season ticket instead of buying one is this not bad for the club's finances?

I checked the club's terms and conditions for season tickets

"Season tickets are not transferable and are issued for your sole use and you should not resell, assign or transfer the season ticket or the benefit of it to any other person without consent of the club."

This post has been edited by mikethespire: 21 March 2015 - 03:23 AM

#111 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 21 March 2015 - 08:22 AM

I may be wrong but I'd guess that plenty of unused ST's are cheap children's ones.

#112 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 21 March 2015 - 08:31 AM

View PostGoku, on 20 March 2015 - 11:32 AM, said:

because football isn't everything and people often have better things to do?

Well I can't think of anything better.lol.
lindave

#113 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 21 March 2015 - 08:47 AM

View PostSpire-Power, on 20 March 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

Took the words right out of my mouth..thats a v good point for the next fans forum!
East stand second class citizen.

#114 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 21 March 2015 - 08:48 AM

View Postfreelander2, on 21 March 2015 - 12:00 AM, said:

Did anyone ask how the 10% figure compared with other clubs?

Would these figures be readily to hand, or even in the public domain at all?
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#115 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 21 March 2015 - 09:08 AM

[/quote]

Dont know if the club collate this info. Maybe its easier to record an attendance figure based on that day's total ST card and paper ticket swipes rather than checking how many non ST holders attended. This assumes the technology can differentiate between the two categories of customer.
[/quote]

I would guess than a lot of the non attending season ticket holders are the kids in the family stand as unless it's a big game there are always large spaces in there. Especially on the midweek scol nights

#116 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:47 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 21 March 2015 - 08:48 AM, said:

Would these figures be readily to hand, or even in the public domain at all?

I wouldn't have thought so.

But it shouldn't stop us picking up the phone to other clubs to see how many of their ST holders miss games & how it compares with the 10% quoted earlier in thread.

#117 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 22 March 2015 - 03:33 PM

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would guess than a lot of the non attending season ticket holders are the kids in the family stand as unless it's a big game there are always large spaces in there. Especially on the midweek scol nights
[/quote]

It should be a simple press on the computer keyboard to show how many ST holders do not go through the turn styles - but our system has obvious short comings and that can come in handy when deflecting embarrassing questions.
God I hate this league.

#118 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 22 March 2015 - 09:39 PM

The club know every game which tickets have and haven't been used (including ST's).

Not sure what they can do with the info though.

#119 User is offline   LuSiVe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:26 AM

I'm assuming the attendance figures are used in part to show how many people advertising reaches and the potential for food sales etc, and as such counting people that aren't there isn't helpful.

#120 User is online   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:08 AM

View Postfreelander2, on 21 March 2015 - 12:47 PM, said:

I wouldn't have thought so.

But it shouldn't stop us picking up the phone to other clubs to see how many of their ST holders miss games & how it compares with the 10% quoted earlier in thread.

heyup.
I can't think of a single reason why it would be worth paying somebody to do that. If they did, and discovered a definite trend, what actions are possible?.

The quality data is the names and addresses of people who attend a lot of matches but don't have ST's. They are targets. I doubt though whether there is enough payroll cash for a quality collator/analyser/marketing bod. Perhaps students could do it for them. We used to have a super CFSS address database. That needs collating with the Supporters Club database, the Shareholder database, the ST Holder database, and the non ST regular attender database from the online sales to give us some proper marketing ammo.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

Share this topic:

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users