• You cannot reply to this topic

Cookies Just Said It

#21 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 August 2023 - 06:55 PM

Our problem today goes way beyond a dodgy defence

The central midfielders were AWOL and the ‘3’ after the first 30 minutes were useless and as for our front man……

The balance of his subs bench is farcical.

Some of his signings this year look costly mistakes. They could be next years concrete boots
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#22 User is online   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 26 August 2023 - 07:05 PM

View Postmartatcross, on 26 August 2023 - 05:21 PM, said:

Maybe try a tactic of giving the ball to the striker

Revolutionary!! Not been done this season yet.

#23 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 26 August 2023 - 07:09 PM

Jacobs done nowt ,just like thatcrock from Plymouth,quiggery waste of time ,what's he do today?fans that went,we need a hold up striker ,not a 5ft9 grigg ,who is hardly on fire.

#24 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 26 August 2023 - 07:10 PM

View Postmartatcross, on 26 August 2023 - 05:21 PM, said:

Maybe try a tactic of giving the ball to the striker

Let’s start with not giving the ball to the opposition The move on to that idea
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#25 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 26 August 2023 - 07:12 PM

Transfer policy has been crackers ,signed Curtis and the lad from Alfreton...God knows why,we have 4 left sided forwards and we still play quigley upfront, I will repeat that,quigley up front as our major signing grigg who only gets 5 touches a game can't play twice( he is on a 3 year deal),meanwhile it's the same old same old in defence and let's face it cook never had Horton on the bench last year
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#26 User is offline   DerbySpireite59 

• DerbySpireite57
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2023 - 08:03 PM

View Postdtp, on 26 August 2023 - 05:34 PM, said:

Or, strikers!!!

But, first of all, I believe he stated at the end of last season that we only needed a few incomings. I took this as meaning 3 or 4. Instead, I believe, he's made closer to 8 signings which includes a couple of keepers both of whom could be first choices elsewhere. But, no defenders.

He knew his budget. He should have known what we needed. He made the signings based on what he felt we needed. He has made signings that haven't even made the bench yet. Now, we need players out before any come in. What a surprise. But, not as big a surprise as him not bolstering the defence in the close season.

The two players you refer to are young Bailey and Harley. Hiw much of the salary budget do you think they're being given?
"No one is 100% good, nor 100% evil"

#27 User is offline   DerbySpireite59 

• DerbySpireite57
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2023 - 08:08 PM

View PostBonnyman, on 26 August 2023 - 07:12 PM, said:

Transfer policy has been crackers ,signed Curtis and the lad from Alfreton...God knows why,we have 4 left sided forwards and we still play quigley upfront, I will repeat that,quigley up front as our major signing grigg who only gets 5 touches a game can't play twice( he is on a 3 year deal),meanwhile it's the same old same old in defence and let's face it cook never had Horton on the bench last year
So there's all your complaints. Where are your solutions?
"No one is 100% good, nor 100% evil"

#28 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2023 - 08:30 PM

View Postdim view, on 26 August 2023 - 05:08 PM, said:

If Asante had his long term injury problem resolved by a relatively minor operation several weeks ago, then he should be good to go (in both senses of the phrase) by now.

He’s cutting hair mate he’s about to become a trained barber

#29 User is offline   1978blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield Fc , Football in general . Music-Oasis , Queen and Pink Floyd. My Family and gardening.

Posted 26 August 2023 - 08:53 PM

View PostPontePete, on 26 August 2023 - 05:12 PM, said:

FFS we don’t need any new personnel other than maybe a CH, we need our 4 coaches (yes 4!!) who I assume are on a decent whack each, to coach the obvious talent we have into a team that can create enough chances to win a game.

We need clean sheets aswell. We haven't looked like keeping one yet. Clean sheets aswell as goals win you titles. This defence is nowhere near good enough.

#30 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 26 August 2023 - 09:13 PM

View PostDerbySpireite59, on 26 August 2023 - 08:08 PM, said:

So there's all your complaints. Where are your solutions?

Well it's simple,let's start analyzing the effectiveness of players we have in the positions they play,you can have 11 players on a pitch on paper good enough to beat a side but if you putsquare pegs in round holes you can't perform to 100percent so those 11 players become like 10.

So this is my theory, we have to get out this league ,we have not invested in defence but have invested in attackers,one of the problems is the 2 behind the 4 ,for me naylor has had a short sharp shock,he must have thought he would run the show coming down from the championship but he has failed to put his stamp on a game perhaps he is a water carrier but he must raise his game because he has dropped down 3levels,I'd put the most experienced player next to him JONES and drop banks ,he isn't a player to do the necessary things to get out this league same goes for oldaker,not good enough,look at our most successful side we had Doyle we had the lad who signed for hull whose name escapes me but the 2 players everyone talks about were Ryan and morsy,we don't need fancy dans we don't need players with socks down their legs we need two players to grab hold of a game and keep us ticking while protecting the back 4.
Secondly we need colclough left,he either plays left or as a striker in a jack Lester role,we don't even think about quigley he can't play football,bring him on to hassle defenders or just get rid
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#31 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 26 August 2023 - 10:11 PM

View PostBonnyman, on 26 August 2023 - 09:13 PM, said:

Well it's simple,let's start analyzing the effectiveness of players we have in the positions they play,you can have 11 players on a pitch on paper good enough to beat a side but if you putsquare pegs in round holes you can't perform to 100percent so those 11 players become like 10.

So this is my theory, we have to get out this league ,we have not invested in defence but have invested in attackers,one of the problems is the 2 behind the 4 ,for me naylor has had a short sharp shock,he must have thought he would run the show coming down from the championship but he has failed to put his stamp on a game perhaps he is a water carrier but he must raise his game because he has dropped down 3levels,I'd put the most experienced player next to him JONES and drop banks ,he isn't a player to do the necessary things to get out this league same goes for oldaker,not good enough,look at our most successful side we had Doyle we had the lad who signed for hull whose name escapes me but the 2 players everyone talks about were Ryan and morsy,we don't need fancy dans we don't need players with socks down their legs we need two players to grab hold of a game and keep us ticking while protecting the back 4.
Secondly we need colclough left,he either plays left or as a striker in a jack Lester role,we don't even think about quigley he can't play football,bring him on to hassle defenders or just get rid

Sam Clucas
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#32 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 26 August 2023 - 10:23 PM

View PostJohnnyspireite7, on 26 August 2023 - 10:11 PM, said:

Sam Clucas

Clucas came from the stags, Liam Cooper came from Hull, he may be mixing the clubs up... ?
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#33 User is online   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2023 - 10:32 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 26 August 2023 - 10:23 PM, said:

Clucas came from the stags, Liam Cooper came from Hull, he may be mixing the clubs up... ?

He said signed for Hull not from them, he’s right.

#34 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 26 August 2023 - 10:38 PM

View PostFit as a Nelson, on 26 August 2023 - 10:32 PM, said:

He said signed for Hull not from them, he’s right.

He did... my bad, .. too much vodka, trying to numb that result .
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#35 User is offline   Spireite93 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2023 - 01:21 AM

What a sorry sorry thread, we lose a game and we need a new starting 11.

The truth I'd we aren't going to ddk what we have done before and get 100 plus points

So we either battle it out in a poor division and get a couple more points thN the side below us or we go through the play offs

I presume Jacobs was brought in on a reasonable deal that hasn't broken the bank but any new defender relies on us getting rid if one of the 3 guys we don't have a role for

#36 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2023 - 03:59 AM

This is absolutely on the money. Loads stood round us whilst leaving the ground saying the same thing, and in the pub afterwards. Naylor disappointing for me so far.
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#37 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2023 - 05:20 AM

View PostSpireite93, on 27 August 2023 - 01:21 AM, said:

What a sorry sorry thread, we lose a game and we need a new starting 11.

The truth I'd we aren't going to ddk what we have done before and get 100 plus points

So we either battle it out in a poor division and get a couple more points thN the side below us or we go through the play offs

I presume Jacobs was brought in on a reasonable deal that hasn't broken the bank but any new defender relies on us getting rid if one of the 3 guys we don't have a role for

I think the issue goes beyond yesterday. The same things happened in every game so far, we get ahead, don’t kill the game off, take our foot off the gas, appear to think we can cruise through the rest of it, invite teams onto us, they grow in confidence and the inevitable happens

We set ourselves up alright but the in game management and our ethos beyond that is poor. We should have gone for the jugular yesterday, as we should against Dorking, Oxford and Oldham when on top. We did at Fylde, and still did all of the above and let them back into it

#38 User is offline   meowdmucker 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2023 - 07:12 AM

100% agree re our two central midfielders. At times Oldaker was at walking pace with apparently no interest in getting involved. Yes, on the ball he's a decent player but he rarely gets forward. Once he passed he more or less stops. Almost like 'ive done my bit' I'll have a rest now'. Most of his passes are sideways or backwards. He wouldn't be my first choice. I've not seen enough of Naylor but he's certainly not stood out in the games I've watched. Banks appears not to be able to tackle or challenge effectively for a header but does at least want the ball and has a good pass in him. Because of this he needs a grafter at the side of him. However, imo, we need two grafters who can link our defence and forwards. They should be the busiest two in the team linking our dodgy defence to the forwards. They should be running the show not watching it.

#39 User is offline   plannerj 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC and many other things!

Posted 27 August 2023 - 07:31 AM

View Postmeowdmucker, on 27 August 2023 - 07:12 AM, said:

100% agree re our two central midfielders. At times Oldaker was at walking pace with apparently no interest in getting involved. Yes, on the ball he's a decent player but he rarely gets forward. Once he passed he more or less stops. Almost like 'ive done my bit' I'll have a rest now'. Most of his passes are sideways or backwards. He wouldn't be my first choice. I've not seen enough of Naylor but he's certainly not stood out in the games I've watched. Banks appears not to be able to tackle or challenge effectively for a header but does at least want the ball and has a good pass in him. Because of this he needs a grafter at the side of him. However, imo, we need two grafters who can link our defence and forwards. They should be the busiest two in the team linking our dodgy defence to the forwards. They should be running the show not watching it.

You must have been watching different games to me. I think Naylor has been excellent and I wouldn’t fault him. In my 7 viewings of the team since the start of pre-season, he has been by far the best of the new signings. Not seen much to enthuse about in the rest, so far.

#40 User is offline   BlueRodneyFern 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 27 August 2023 - 07:43 AM

View Postplannerj, on 27 August 2023 - 07:31 AM, said:

You must have been watching different games to me. I think Naylor has been excellent and I wouldn’t fault him. In my 7 viewings of the team since the start of pre-season, he has been by far the best of the new signings. Not seen much to enthuse about in the rest, so far.

I would bring Mike jones to sit in front of the back four and Naylor who has been excellent play him further forward and for once play on the front foot we have players to scare the living daylights out of any opposition

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users