• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

May Who next? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:40 AM

May resigns, well it had to happen. Without doubt the worst leader PM in my life time.

So who next?Boris? Leadsome? Macvey?

Will a general election follow? It should because the government and indeed parliament, is in total disarray.

This post has been edited by DEATH: 24 May 2019 - 09:49 AM

A new hope.

#2 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:47 AM

View PostDEATH, on 24 May 2019 - 09:40 AM, said:

May resigns, well it had to happen. Without doubt the worst leader PM in my life time.

Will a general election follow? It should because the government and indeed parliament, is in total disarray.

Hmmm, I can think of one who lasted less time and did less...
R
And the one who set the issue of the welfare state that we cant afford but seemed like a good idea in the boom years, as well as taking us to a war that was not justified...

Heath was pretty ****. So was Foot. In fact lets be honest, its been a real race for the bottom for a long time.... and could get worse yet... Johnson, Gove, Rudd, Raab, Hunt, and then we might end up with a GE and get good old Jeremy...

Busy making contact with former colleagues who now work abroad to see if any jobs going!
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#3 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:34 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 24 May 2019 - 11:47 AM, said:

Hmmm, I can think of one who lasted less time and did less...
R
And the one who set the issue of the welfare state that we cant afford but seemed like a good idea in the boom years, as well as taking us to a war that was not justified...

Heath was pretty ****. So was Foot. In fact lets be honest, its been a real race for the bottom for a long time.... and could get worse yet... Johnson, Gove, Rudd, Raab, Hunt, and then we might end up with a GE and get good old Jeremy...

Busy making contact with former colleagues who now work abroad to see if any jobs going!

Foot was never PM was he?
East stand second class citizen.

#4 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 24 May 2019 - 04:04 PM

My personal preference would be Rory Stewart. A man of few words, quiet disposition, and yet very definitely not a person to be urinessd about. Fabulous record of service to the country (see Wikki).

Johnson is a buffoon who will surely succumb to yet another scandal before voting day.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#5 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 24 May 2019 - 04:09 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 24 May 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

Foot was never PM was he?

Nope. Failed to beat the bitch in 83 (Callaghan was PM in 79) and was replaced by Kinnock as leader just after the 83 election.
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#6 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:19 PM

Are any of the contenders in favour of a second vote?

#7 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:19 PM

dim view said:

1558713840[/url]' post='1468935']
My personal preference would be Rory Stewart. A man of few words, quiet disposition, and yet very definitely not a person to be urinessd about. Fabulous record of service to the country (see Wikki).

Johnson is a buffoon who will surely succumb to yet another scandal before voting day.

Agreed about Boris, he’s an oaf
A new hope.

#8 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:24 PM

dim view said:

1558718372[/url]' post='1468950']
Are any of the contenders in favour of a second vote?

I don’t know, but if they did it would be political suicide within the blue party
A new hope.

#9 User is offline   Halcyon 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:25 PM

View Postdim view, on 24 May 2019 - 04:04 PM, said:

Agreed. I am not a Tory supporter but I follow Stewart on Twitter because he is absolutely sound on foreign policy and the EU.

#10 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 24 May 2019 - 07:04 PM

May's leaving speech was a toe curling exercise in utter hypocrisy.

Or perhaps staggering delusion.

Whilst she spoke of supposed successes before blubbing self pitying tears people left homeless by her government lay in doorways not a few hundred yards away. Or visited food banks. Or fell further into debt just to pay essential household bills.

I wonder how many ordinary folk have cried genuine tears because of that same government's decisions.

Because let's be clear - she's a Tory born into a cosseted life who then campaigned for, voted for and implemented policies that benefitted the wealthy yet devastated countless lives. Austerity? Windrush? Vans telling folk to 'Go Home'? Tens of thousands fewer coppers? NHS cuts? Education cuts? The list is endless.

Meanwhile claiming her response to the Grenfell tragedy as some sort of positive bordered on disgusting.

She only became Tory leader because her opponents behaved like rats in a bag. Then after calling an election simply because she thought she'd walk it - despite repeatedly stating the opposite - proved an utterly robotic, personality free zone who literally ran from face-to-face encounters. Worse still when faced with securing Brexit without a majority chose to pander to the ERG and bribe the DUP rather than seek cross party agreement. Whilst the woman who trotted out the 'Strong and Stable' mantra - to the point of becoming a laughing stock for doing so - was too weak and wobbly to axe a Boris Johnson twice sacked for lying who regularly wrote columns criticising her leadership (picking up a cool quarter million which he described as' peanuts' in the process, of course).

The very people who later scuppered her attempts to push Brexit through Parliament.

Remember, if all those who so often advocated Norway/Canada/Swiss/have-our-cake-and-eat-it options during the Referendum campaign had actually stood by their own words Britain would now be out of the EU.

So another Tory PM exits stage left because of Europe. Or to be precise, the hatred that party's largely pale, stale and male membership have for it. They wanted to leave and they got to leave. But that wasn't good enough; it had to be a 'leave' that suited their nationalistic prejudices - some might ay closet racism - and left Britain without any links to the EU whatsoever. Even if the very people they always quote during election campaigns - the CBI, the Institute of Directors, the Governor of the Bank of England and assorted leaders of business - are adamant that'll hammer the economy.

And here's what I'd say to all those whose last refuge is sticking fingers in ears, squeezing eyes tight shut and shouting 'Democracy!' when confronted by the above. It wasn't any establishment conspiracy controlling these events, it as around sixty Brextremist MP's who ignored not just one, not just two, but three democratic votes to demand the exit of a British Prime Minister. It was a secretive collection of 'men in grey suits' otherwise known as the Tory 1922 committee. It was a few tens of thousands of Tory Party members.

Brextremists, secretive figures and privileged people who'll decide who could quite possibly be PM for the next two and a half years - indeed the very destiny of our country.

Yeah, power to the people...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#11 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 24 May 2019 - 07:44 PM

Brexit has people from all political spectrums, on both sides of the argument, leave and romain.

It’s transgresses domestic party politics.

Austerity, or May as Home Secretary cutting the police wasnt a brexit issue, it’s a Tory policy.

A new hope.

#12 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:40 PM

Personally I hope it's someone who pushes for a hard Brexit.
East stand second class citizen.

#13 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:05 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 24 May 2019 - 08:40 PM, said:

Wouldn’t the so called Norway plus tick most peoples boxes?
A new hope.

#14 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:20 PM

View PostDEATH, on 24 May 2019 - 07:44 PM, said:

Brexit has people from all political spectrums, on both sides of the argument, leave and romain.

It’s transgresses domestic party politics.

Austerity, or May as Home Secretary cutting the police wasnt a brexit issue, it’s a Tory policy.

Or a requirement of Blair giving everybody who wanted them a **** load of benefits we couldn’t afford.

Life is about cause and effect - don’t look for the symptom look for the root cause.

Can you imagine if the choice is Johnson, Corbyn or some nonentity in charge of LibDems... time to emigrate....
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#15 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:24 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 24 May 2019 - 08:40 PM, said:

But whoever is in charge the numbers in Parliament mean that won’t pass. I suspect the only solution is either a GE - very high risk - or a second ref which doesn’t allow remain as a clear option (not sure how you would phrase it but “which of the following would you choose: no deal, May’s deal, neither” and see how it goes, make 66% the target for it to be implemented and see what happens...

Change of leader to me changes very little - the house and the vote seem to be at odds...
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#16 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 25 May 2019 - 04:52 AM

View Postisleaiw1, on 24 May 2019 - 09:20 PM, said:

Or a requirement of Blair giving everybody who wanted them a **** load of benefits we couldn’t afford.

Life is about cause and effect - don’t look for the symptom look for the root cause.

Can you imagine if the choice is Johnson, Corbyn or some nonentity in charge of LibDems... time to emigrate....

I’m fairly certain that you would still live a pretty successful life and see out the rest of your life comfortably regardless of who is in charge of the country given your successful career

#17 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2019 - 04:54 AM

View PostDEATH, on 24 May 2019 - 05:19 PM, said:

Agreed about Boris, he’s an oaf

Very kind of you. He's a huge, self-serving, misogynistic, racist, c u n t of a human being.

#18 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 25 May 2019 - 07:23 AM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 24 May 2019 - 07:04 PM, said:

May's leaving speech was a toe curling exercise in utter hypocrisy.

Or perhaps staggering delusion.

Whilst she spoke of supposed successes before blubbing self pitying tears people left homeless by her government lay in doorways not a few hundred yards away. Or visited food banks. Or fell further into debt just to pay essential household bills.

I wonder how many ordinary folk have cried genuine tears because of that same government's decisions.

Because let's be clear - she's a Tory born into a cosseted life who then campaigned for, voted for and implemented policies that benefitted the wealthy yet devastated countless lives. Austerity? Windrush? Vans telling folk to 'Go Home'? Tens of thousands fewer coppers? NHS cuts? Education cuts? The list is endless.

Meanwhile claiming her response to the Grenfell tragedy as some sort of positive bordered on disgusting.

She only became Tory leader because her opponents behaved like rats in a bag. Then after calling an election simply because she thought she'd walk it - despite repeatedly stating the opposite - proved an utterly robotic, personality free zone who literally ran from face-to-face encounters. Worse still when faced with securing Brexit without a majority chose to pander to the ERG and bribe the DUP rather than seek cross party agreement. Whilst the woman who trotted out the 'Strong and Stable' mantra - to the point of becoming a laughing stock for doing so - was too weak and wobbly to axe a Boris Johnson twice sacked for lying who regularly wrote columns criticising her leadership (picking up a cool quarter million which he described as' peanuts' in the process, of course).

The very people who later scuppered her attempts to push Brexit through Parliament.

Remember, if all those who so often advocated Norway/Canada/Swiss/have-our-cake-and-eat-it options during the Referendum campaign had actually stood by their own words Britain would now be out of the EU.

So another Tory PM exits stage left because of Europe. Or to be precise, the hatred that party's largely pale, stale and male membership have for it. They wanted to leave and they got to leave. But that wasn't good enough; it had to be a 'leave' that suited their nationalistic prejudices - some might ay closet racism - and left Britain without any links to the EU whatsoever. Even if the very people they always quote during election campaigns - the CBI, the Institute of Directors, the Governor of the Bank of England and assorted leaders of business - are adamant that'll hammer the economy.

And here's what I'd say to all those whose last refuge is sticking fingers in ears, squeezing eyes tight shut and shouting 'Democracy!' when confronted by the above. It wasn't any establishment conspiracy controlling these events, it as around sixty Brextremist MP's who ignored not just one, not just two, but three democratic votes to demand the exit of a British Prime Minister. It was a secretive collection of 'men in grey suits' otherwise known as the Tory 1922 committee. It was a few tens of thousands of Tory Party members.

Brextremists, secretive figures and privileged people who'll decide who could quite possibly be PM for the next two and a half years - indeed the very destiny of our country.

Yeah, power to the people...

morning. Great read, although such an analysis would get poor marks academically as you have not compared and contrasted (yep, the favourite phrase in exam papers) the Tory way to the ways of the other Parties. Are they more democratic? Is it just the Associations/members who have a say?

#19 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 25 May 2019 - 07:37 AM

Misnomer said:

1558760067[/url]' post='1468976']
Very kind of you. He's a huge, self-serving, misogynistic, racist, c u n t of a human being.

Without a shadow of doubt, everything Boris does is designed solely to enhance the career and fortunes of Boris.

A new hope.

#20 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 25 May 2019 - 07:47 AM

View PostDEATH, on 25 May 2019 - 07:37 AM, said:

Without a shadow of doubt, everything Boris does is designed solely to enhance the career and fortunes of Boris.

I'm surprised that Rees-Mogg is so openly backing him. JRM has his own problems but he must be capable of thinking through the consequences of the support. Bad tactics.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users