Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Brexit. Would You Change Your Vote? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (32 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Brexit. Would You Change Your Vote? If there is a second referendum Rate Topic: -----

#621 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 May 2019 - 09:47 AM

I’m not sure buffoon is an apt description, I’d say more crafty, calculating and dangerous.

#622 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2019 - 11:11 AM

View PostGoku, on 25 May 2019 - 09:47 AM, said:

I’m not sure buffoon is an apt description, I’d say more crafty, calculating and dangerous.

Completely agree, everything about him is an act. Even the name ‘Boris’

His friends and family call him ‘Al’

For what it’s worth, I think he’ll nominally run in the leadership election then concoct a reason to drop out because he’s well aware that Brexit will very likely finish the next PM as well (and probably the one after that)
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#623 User is offline   dart in the crossbar 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2019 - 11:12 AM

Johnson is alleged to have said / written

cheering crowds of flag-waving piccaninnies

the tribal warriors will all break out in watermelon smiles to see the big white chief

ancestral dislike of the British empire (Obama)

For 10 years we in the Tory Party have become used to Papua New Guinea-style orgies of cannibalism and chief-killing

Consider Uganda, pearl of Africa, as an example of the British record. The British planted coffee and cotton and tobacco, and they were broadly right. If left to their own devices, the natives would rely on nothing but the instant carbohydrate gratification of the plantain.The best fate for Africa would be if the old colonial powers, or their citizens, scrambled once again in her direction; on the understanding that this time they will not be asked to feel guilty.

And one comment I would make is I think an awful lot of money and an awful lot of police time now goes into these historic offences and all this mullarkey (child sex abuse investigations)

You know, £60m I saw was being spaffed up a wall on some investigation into historic child abuse and all this kind of thing. What on earth is that going to do to protect the public now?

#624 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 26 May 2019 - 02:54 PM

View Postdart in the crossbar, on 25 May 2019 - 11:12 AM, said:

Johnson is alleged to have said / written

cheering crowds of flag-waving piccaninnies

the tribal warriors will all break out in watermelon smiles to see the big white chief

ancestral dislike of the British empire (Obama)

For 10 years we in the Tory Party have become used to Papua New Guinea-style orgies of cannibalism and chief-killing

Consider Uganda, pearl of Africa, as an example of the British record. The British planted coffee and cotton and tobacco, and they were broadly right. If left to their own devices, the natives would rely on nothing but the instant carbohydrate gratification of the plantain.The best fate for Africa would be if the old colonial powers, or their citizens, scrambled once again in her direction; on the understanding that this time they will not be asked to feel guilty.

And one comment I would make is I think an awful lot of money and an awful lot of police time now goes into these historic offences and all this mullarkey (child sex abuse investigations)

You know, £60m I saw was being spaffed up a wall on some investigation into historic child abuse and all this kind of thing. What on earth is that going to do to protect the public now?

No 'alleged' needed, my friend.

All that - and more - is on the record.

To extend the discussion it's all part of the cult-ish nature of early twenty first century politics.

Trump, Corbyn, Farage, Johnson and Reece-Mogg have a band of slavishly loyal acolytes who'll ignore even the ugliest of behaviour to champion their man.

Indeed I watched a report the other evening covering Brexit Party rallies, occasions that had middle aged folk chanting Farage's name with glazed eye adoration like teenage fans of the latest boy band. Then, worryingly, the mention of Sky News had them booing. Sky News. That bastion of the Left owned by...Rupert Murdoch. Okay, it might not've been as bad as a Trump rally where journalists have been physically attacked but troubling all the same. And it's all part of the right wing agenda to dismiss facts - including the likes of Trump, Johnson and Farage's own well documented words - as fake news. In he same way 'Nigel' repeatedly ducked and dodged questions from Andrew Marr whilst accusing the BBC of bias.

In the same way anyone deemed 'off message' by Corbyn's followers is similarly trashed.

Hopefully there're still enough decent Tories to prevent Johnson attaining the position he's spent a lifetime coveting. Though if reports of UKIP infiltration are to be believed - given credibility by many 'one nation' Tories saying they'd voted for other candidates in the Euro elections (yeah, why aren't ERG members being interrogated and having the whip withdrawn as they are?) - many middle class church going members who repeatedly tout 'family values' will elect a bloke with the morals of a seedy second hand car salesman.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#625 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 26 May 2019 - 03:41 PM

dart in the crossbar said:

1558775854[/url]"]1558775854[/url]' post='[url="tel:[url="tel:1468988"]1468988[/url]"]1468988[/url]']the legendary diplomat that is Boris Johnson for a start
Can you point out where I have I supported Boris?

This post has been edited by DEATH: 26 May 2019 - 03:59 PM

A new hope.

#626 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:56 PM

DEATH said:

1558885307[/url]' post='1469082']
Can you point out where I have I supported Boris?

“Dart in the crossbar”

Can you substantiate or retract your statement in post #614 where you insinuate I have been an advocate of bashing “Johnny foreigner”

A new hope.

#627 User is offline   Halcyon 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 May 2019 - 08:58 PM

View PostDEATH, on 28 May 2019 - 09:56 PM, said:

“Dart in the crossbar”

Can you substantiate or retract your statement in post #614 where you insinuate I have been an advocate of bashing “Johnny foreigner”

How come all these Brexit threads end up being all about DEATH rather than Brexit?

#628 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 29 May 2019 - 10:26 PM

View Postpompeyfan, on 29 May 2019 - 08:58 PM, said:

How come all these Brexit threads end up being all about DEATH rather than Brexit?

Because he argues his point better than most and is always ready to offer a full explanation of his arguments and view points?
East stand second class citizen.

Share this topic:

• (32 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users