Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Brexit. Would You Change Your Vote? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (32 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Brexit. Would You Change Your Vote? If there is a second referendum Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 December 2018 - 08:58 PM

S+D remind us again - I can't remember if you like or loathe immigrants, Muslims, snowflakes, Europe etc?

I know you have said in the past you loved CHED, Katie Hopkins and Tommy Robinson.

Just want clarification on your view....
;-)

#22 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 11 December 2018 - 09:04 PM

calvin plummers socks, on 11 December 2018 - 08:58 PM, said:

S+D remind us again - I can't remember if you like or loathe immigrants, Muslims, snowflakes, Europe etc?

I know you have said in the past you loved CHED, Katie Hopkins and Tommy Robinson.

Just want clarification on your view....
;-)

So are you changing your vote or not?
East stand second class citizen.

#23 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 11 December 2018 - 10:28 PM

Mr Mercury, on 11 December 2018 - 09:04 PM, said:

So are you changing your vote or not?

Nah

#24 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 11 December 2018 - 10:42 PM

calvin plummers socks, on 11 December 2018 - 10:28 PM, said:

Nah

That's all that was reqd!
East stand second class citizen.

#25 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 11 December 2018 - 10:58 PM

Mr Mercury, on 11 December 2018 - 10:42 PM, said:

That's all that was reqd!

I can't remeber which way I voted

#26 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 12 December 2018 - 07:16 AM

isleaiw1, on 11 December 2018 - 08:54 PM, said:

Ah Shirebrook, which received millions in European grants to provide jobs for the local community - but too many would rather have benefits...

If supermarkets pay more shoppers pay more. Then the workers have less to spend so want wage increases - which fuels inflation and we become uncompetitive and we get unemployment too... great policy, worked well in the 70s.

Protectionism and tariffs just drives a reduction in trade which makes most countries poorer. Look at the old USSR.

Anyway taking Mr Ms comments into account this isn’t the place to disagree - so no change from me.

PS rich landlords - have you seen the latest changes to affect landlords - only ones that get rich are the ones that don’t play by the proper rules, and they probably don’t play by the rules on many things...

Shirebrook have received millions from the EU?

Really

Sorry M
JRID

#27 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:47 AM

And now a leadership challenge; same old Tories, give em enough rope...what a mess.

#28 User is offline   Heavy_Soul 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2018 - 09:11 AM

Misnomer, on 12 December 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

And now a leadership challenge; same old Tories, give em enough rope...what a mess.

She wins the vote tonight- DUP will pull plug
Every need got an ego to feed

#29 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 12 December 2018 - 09:29 AM

Misnomer, on 12 December 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

It certainly is a mess.

I don't have any political allegiance based on historic values. I personally dont trust politicians whichever the side of the fence they are on. Thats just me.

The problem we have had with Brexit as I see it, is when the referendum declared "Leave" all those who championed a Brexit and told us all a pack of lies slid quietly into the background only surfacing to tear strips off those on the front line.

If, heaven forbid, we have a second referendum I still think it will be a "leave". What I would like to see is a cross party group handle the negotiation or re-negotiation of any agreement.

No matter what one single party did, the others would vote against it as that's what British politics does. I think Jeremy Corbyn has his eyes firmly fixed on No 10. If that were to happen, he to would fail in negotiating a deal. (He would reopen all the mines though and Nationalise the Railways and Power).

We made a mistake expecting one party negotiations to work. Brexit isn't about Party Politics in my view its far more important than any political ego.

I would like to see representatives from all parties creating a UK negotiating "team", get their heads together on behalf of the people and sort it out.

#30 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2018 - 09:51 AM

Search and Destroy, on 12 December 2018 - 07:16 AM, said:

Shirebrook have received millions from the EU?

Really

Sorry M

This one to deal with migrants...

http://www.d2n2lep.o...d-in-shirebrook

I suspect Sports Direct warehouse development was part built by EU funds, the business park in Bolsover by the old area offices certainly was.

Even with all of that we are still net contributors - and you could argue that the funds are partly to blame for the lack of skilled jobs around....but there are many examples of funds coming in from EU for specific items. Google is your friend...

Sorry M
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#31 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2018 - 09:53 AM

Quaker, on 12 December 2018 - 09:29 AM, said:

It certainly is a mess.

I don't have any political allegiance based on historic values. I personally dont trust politicians whichever the side of the fence they are on. Thats just me.

The problem we have had with Brexit as I see it, is when the referendum declared "Leave" all those who championed a Brexit and told us all a pack of lies slid quietly into the background only surfacing to tear strips off those on the front line.

If, heaven forbid, we have a second referendum I still think it will be a "leave". What I would like to see is a cross party group handle the negotiation or re-negotiation of any agreement.

No matter what one single party did, the others would vote against it as that's what British politics does. I think Jeremy Corbyn has his eyes firmly fixed on No 10. If that were to happen, he to would fail in negotiating a deal. (He would reopen all the mines though and Nationalise the Railways and Power).

We made a mistake expecting one party negotiations to work. Brexit isn't about Party Politics in my view its far more important than any political ego.

I would like to see representatives from all parties creating a UK negotiating "team", get their heads together on behalf of the people and sort it out.

Its a great idea but if the people in one party cant agree on the way forward, and the people in the other might have but arent telling anyone, it really wont have legs....

Complete mess. Highly likely now to be either a no deal brexit (if no one can sort it) or another referendum in the hope that gives a get out clause...but that may just entrench the bitterness...
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#32 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 12 December 2018 - 10:23 AM

isleaiw1, on 12 December 2018 - 09:53 AM, said:

Its a great idea but if the people in one party cant agree on the way forward, and the people in the other might have but arent telling anyone, it really wont have legs....

Complete mess. Highly likely now to be either a no deal brexit (if no one can sort it) or another referendum in the hope that gives a get out clause...but that may just entrench the bitterness...

Can you imagine the Speaker saying "OK folks, we are having a cross party team of negotiators.... Any volunteers?" They would all sink back, heads down (incl our own Toby) and wait for others to put their hands up. We have cowards for politicians. I may not agree with many things the PM has done, but she has definitely lead from the front with very little support from anyone and stood by her conviction. A single party running with Brexit will fail.

This post has been edited by Quaker: 12 December 2018 - 10:36 AM

#33 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 12 December 2018 - 11:09 AM

isleaiw1, on 12 December 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

This one to deal with migrants...

http://www.d2n2lep.o...d-in-shirebrook

I suspect Sports Direct warehouse development was part built by EU funds, the business park in Bolsover by the old area offices certainly was.

Even with all of that we are still net contributors - and you could argue that the funds are partly to blame for the lack of skilled jobs around....but there are many examples of funds coming in from EU for specific items. Google is your friend...

Sorry M

Not EU money and unfortunately the grant came after Brexit

Fake news
JRID

#34 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 12 December 2018 - 06:47 PM

Well this member of the Metropolitan Elite voted remain.

And seeing pretty much everything promised by non elitists like the multi-millionaire public school educated Reece-Mogg, the multi-millionaire Eton educated Boris Johnson and the middle England former City banker Farage prove to be lies I'm even more of a remainer now.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#35 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:13 PM

Quaker, on 12 December 2018 - 09:29 AM, said:

It certainly is a mess.

You can't reopen mines
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#36 User is offline   Heavy_Soul 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2018 - 09:08 PM

Well that’s a general election on the way
Every need got an ego to feed

#37 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2018 - 09:22 PM

Heavy_Soul, on 12 December 2018 - 09:08 PM, said:

Well that’s a general election on the way

DUP won’t support labour to oust the Tories so don’t be so sure...
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#38 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2018 - 09:26 PM

Search and Destroy, on 12 December 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

Not EU money and unfortunately the grant came after Brexit

Fake news

Does your computer not have google? Do you not live locally? I remember the signs by the old subway across the road at Bolsover pit and by the roundabout at the new industrial site is that homes Sports Direct - and I haven’t lived up there since Brexit...

Like South Wales, teeside and such, north east Derbyshire has been a recipient of EU funds to help develop jobs lost through the decline of traditional industries. My sons masters dissertation was on the subject, I can get bibliography if you really want.

Or you could prove not the case if you want....
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#39 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 12 December 2018 - 10:22 PM

isleaiw1, on 12 December 2018 - 09:26 PM, said:

Does your computer not have google? Do you not live locally? I remember the signs by the old subway across the road at Bolsover pit and by the roundabout at the new industrial site is that homes Sports Direct - and I haven’t lived up there since Brexit...

Like South Wales, teeside and such, north east Derbyshire has been a recipient of EU funds to help develop jobs lost through the decline of traditional industries. My sons masters dissertation was on the subject, I can get bibliography if you really want.

Or you could prove not the case if you want....

You gave me one example (with the help of Google)

And it was shown to be complete rubbish��

You said “Ah Shirebrook, which received millions in European grants to provide jobs for the local community - but too many would rather have benefits...”

I can’t offer any opinion on South Wales, Teeside or Bolsover

Anyway just to check I googled

SHIREBROOK EU GRANTS

Guess what the search result was?

The one link you provided which unfortunately for you, wasn’t an EU grant

This post has been edited by Search and Destroy: 12 December 2018 - 10:27 PM

JRID

#40 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 13 December 2018 - 07:27 AM

Ssshhh

If you listen carefully enough you can hear the superior accountant desperately clicking his keyboard scouring google

Here, try this one

https://www.google.c...n-2017-39973990

Not the Daily Mail either
JRID

Share this topic:

• (32 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users