Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Nothing Else To Do Whilst The Footie Is Off !!! - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nothing Else To Do Whilst The Footie Is Off !!!

#41 User is offline   plannerj 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:CFC and many other things!

Posted 22 March 2020 - 06:17 PM

Many, many people finding plenty to do in face of the crisis that, actually, affects us all and is likely to affect us all even more seriously very soon. I live on the A6 at Rowsley. Yesterday and today, in particular, there have been hundreds of motorcyclists roaring past our house in both directions. 30 deep queues for fish and chips in Bakewell. The Peacock ph (ever a welcome there!) with a very well patronised beer garden, doing a roaring trade. The landlord must be grateful to all the morons who have so willingly put money into his till. Who needs football when the Peak District is such a fine substitute.

#42 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2020 - 06:32 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 21 March 2020 - 07:24 PM, said:

I recall a penalty shout for them near the very end. How did that look 23 years on?

Even the welsh commentators did not think much to that appeal but were sure we should have had a penalty in the first half

the biggest thing to get my head around in these matches is the back pass being picked up by the keepers

another difference is that when there is a foul the players are just getting up and getting on with it

Todays video flashback match I watched was Liverpool 3 Chelsea 0 at Anfield from 1986

David Speedie being fouled and then giving referee Keith Hackett a V sign and the referee waving play on was an hilarious moment The next match to watch is Luton v Liverpool cup match in 1987 on the plastic pitch and in a blizzard

the matching is starting with the white lines being covered in snow and with a white ball It reallky is a different era

A sobering thought before the programme started was a public information film on the BBC about what was called a world wide killer virus called AIDS

Hmmm

#43 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2020 - 09:21 PM

View Postplannerj, on 22 March 2020 - 06:17 PM, said:

Many, many people finding plenty to do in face of the crisis that, actually, affects us all and is likely to affect us all even more seriously very soon. I live on the A6 at Rowsley. Yesterday and today, in particular, there have been hundreds of motorcyclists roaring past our house in both directions. 30 deep queues for fish and chips in Bakewell. The Peacock ph (ever a welcome there!) with a very well patronised beer garden, doing a roaring trade. The landlord must be grateful to all the morons who have so willingly put money into his till. Who needs football when the Peak District is such a fine substitute.

He needs to lose his license
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#44 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2020 - 09:28 PM

View Postplannerj, on 22 March 2020 - 06:17 PM, said:

So the rule to shut pubs doesnt apply to him - or is he offering up his licence at renewal> dick
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#45 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2020 - 10:12 PM

Very much of the opinion the population of Britain is the most ignorant, selfish and thick in the world. It’s absolutely crazy how many people seemingly don’t give two ****s or are that thick they think this doesn’t affect them.

Let’s hope they don’t spread this virus to any of their loved ones less able to deal with it. And if they themselves fall ill they better hope the NHS isn’t overwhelmed beyond capacity because everyone else has aided the spread of the virus itself.

#46 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 23 March 2020 - 09:08 AM

Wonder when the IOC will bite the bullet and cancel the Olympics - it looks like it is getting close
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#47 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 23 March 2020 - 09:32 AM

View Postazul, on 23 March 2020 - 09:08 AM, said:

Wonder when the IOC will bite the bullet and cancel the Olympics - it looks like it is getting close

Couldn't they move them to Russia?
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#48 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 23 March 2020 - 09:45 AM

View Postclarevoyant., on 23 March 2020 - 09:32 AM, said:

Couldn't they move them to Russia?

Could they do that whilst telling their athletes they're still banned from competition?

#49 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 23 March 2020 - 09:48 AM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 23 March 2020 - 09:45 AM, said:

Could they do that whilst telling their athletes they're still banned from competition?

Twas a touch of sarcasm seemingly due to the KGB not letting the virus pass their borders.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#50 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2020 - 08:15 PM

In my latest VHS player nostalgia match its Luton 0 Liverpool 0 in the FA Cup from 1987 on the plastic pitch

It really is a step back in time with the match starting in a blizzard with a white ball on a snow covered pitch although they did change to an orange ball after 5 minutes

It was the time of Lutons ban on away fans and looking at the ground it does not have changed a deal structurally in the 33 years since the match was played

Mick Harford hit the bar with a remarkable half volley at speed from about 35 yards

Also TWO subs for the first time but only in the FA Cup I think

The second half has just started after Bob Wilson interviewed some freezing fans sat at the ground during halftime

#51 User is offline   stainlessstephen 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2020 - 08:17 PM

Could always get the old Commodore 64 out from the loft, and load up Football Manager on tape, assuming it still works. 20 minutes load time IIRC.

God bless Kevin Toms...
Mainframe... Uncle Eric is helping police with their enquiries

#52 User is offline   stainlessstephen 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2020 - 08:21 PM

View Postwhittman, on 23 March 2020 - 08:15 PM, said:

In my latest VHS player nostalgia match its Luton 0 Liverpool 0 in the FA Cup from 1987 on the plastic pitch

It really is a step back in time with the match starting in a blizzard with a white ball on a snow covered pitch although they did change to an orange ball after 5 minutes

It was the time of Lutons ban on away fans and looking at the ground it does not have changed a deal structurally in the 33 years since the match was played

Mick Harford hit the bar with a remarkable half volley at speed from about 35 yards

Also TWO subs for the first time but only in the FA Cup I think

The second half has just started after Bob Wilson interviewed some freezing fans sat at the ground during halftime

I remember that game, especially the effort from Harford.

Didn't the tie go to a second replay and Luton won 3_0?

#53 User is offline   stainlessstephen 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2020 - 08:24 PM

Another game worth watching via YouTube is Stoke v Tottenham from 1985 - just to view Barry Siddall's one on one vs Garth Crookes.

#54 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2020 - 08:28 PM

View Poststainlessstephen, on 23 March 2020 - 08:21 PM, said:

Don't spoil it for me lol

#55 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2020 - 08:35 PM

View Poststainlessstephen, on 23 March 2020 - 08:24 PM, said:

Another game worth watching via YouTube is Stoke v Tottenham from 1985 - just to view Barry Siddall's one on one vs Garth Crookes.

the problem I find with watching old matches on you tube is that it is difficult not to know the score when setting it up

the beauty of the matches I am watching on VHS tapes after finding a VHS player stored away is that I have not written the scores on the tape sleeves lol

#56 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2020 - 09:04 PM

View Poststainlessstephen, on 23 March 2020 - 08:21 PM, said:

Y

You are probably right lol the first match ended 0=0

#57 User is offline   stainlessstephen 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2020 - 09:05 PM

Now that we are in lockdown old matches on YouTube and dusting down my retro console and computer collection will feature highly on the list of priorities...

#58 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2020 - 09:11 PM

View Poststainlessstephen, on 23 March 2020 - 09:05 PM, said:

Now that we are in lockdown old matches on YouTube and dusting down my retro console and computer collection will feature highly on the list of priorities...

The programme after the cup match which I still kept on the tape were classic tom and jerry cartoons lol

#59 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 24 March 2020 - 06:53 AM

View Postazul, on 22 March 2020 - 09:21 PM, said:

He needs to lose his license

If he didn't for doing time for assaulting a pensioner outside the pub the he won't for this.

#60 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2020 - 07:23 PM

tonights VHS retro match that I have decided to watch is John Duncans testimonial match back in 2002

It was a Saturday afternoon match when Utd split their first team squad and played at Bournemouth and Chesterfield at the same time

The Bournemouth match was live on MUTV at 3pm and our match had a full 90 minutes showing straight after

I was coaching with a non league team at that time so joined MUTV on a months free trial to record the match and then cancelled after the month was up

John Helm and Frank Stapleton are the match commentators

Utds team included such as Keane Van Nistolroy and Folan

Share this topic:

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users