• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cook Live On 1866

#41 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 February 2024 - 08:49 PM

ST holder at Liverpool.. oh well, we have a cross to bear...
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#42 User is offline   Charlie Rickshaw 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 09 February 2024 - 09:37 PM

Count ourselves very lucky to have Paul Cook. Passionate about his football and plays the game as it should be played. Enjoy the football while he remains here at the club.

#43 User is offline   philtooleycfss 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2024 - 10:27 PM

View PostFit as a Nelson, on 09 February 2024 - 07:05 PM, said:

No it’s today, they’re just useless

Very sorry the start of the show was not to your satisfaction and that we are useless. We were limited on time to get a perfect set up in a new 'studio' as I'd been at my brother in law's funeral, my co-presenter was ill and the sound engineer's daughter is preparing for a major operation in a few days. Clearly, as volunteers, our efforts are not good enough. We'll try harder next time.

Phil

#44 User is offline   Alan Birch 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2024 - 10:44 PM

View Postphiltooleycfss, on 09 February 2024 - 10:27 PM, said:

Very sorry the start of the show was not to your satisfaction and that we are useless. We were limited on time to get a perfect set up in a new 'studio' as I'd been at my brother in law's funeral, my co-presenter was ill and the sound engineer's daughter is preparing for a major operation in a few days. Clearly, as volunteers, our efforts are not good enough. We'll try harder next time.

Phil

Well said Phil, and I'm genuinely sorry to hear of the personal difficulties you'e got on your plate.

#45 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 09 February 2024 - 10:50 PM

Phil

He didn’t know that when he posted and given the advertising of it then maybe it wasn’t out of order to expect things to work?
Of course things didn’t seem to go to plan for your mentioned reasons but they were unknown at the time to the listeners.
Of course the criticism in hindsight seems over the top but listeners were unaware of these things and most felt frustrated.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 09 February 2024 - 10:51 PM

East stand second class citizen.

#46 User is offline   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2024 - 10:52 PM

Phil

Apologies Phil, I enjoyed it once it got going.

View PostMr Mercury, on 09 February 2024 - 10:50 PM, said:

He didn’t know that when he posted and given the advertising of it then maybe it wasn’t out of order to expect things to work?
Of course things didn’t seem to go to plan for your mentioned reasons but they were unknown at the time to the listeners.
Of course the criticism in hindsight seems over the top but listeners were unaware of these things and most felt frustrated.

No you’re absolutely right. It was a bit harsh me calling them useless though as I listen to 1866 pre and post match every single game.

This post has been edited by Fit as a Nelson: 09 February 2024 - 11:00 PM

#47 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 09 February 2024 - 10:57 PM

View PostFit as a Nelson, on 09 February 2024 - 10:52 PM, said:

No you’re absolutely right. It was a bit harsh me calling them useless though as I listen to 1866 pre and post match every single game.

Like I said, nobody knew of the above mentioned issues so though some criticism say have been overly keen it could be expected given the rarity of hearing our manager in a live interview. To use that as a stick to beat someone who is totally unaware of the problems is equally unfair.
East stand second class citizen.

#48 User is offline   philtooleycfss 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2024 - 10:59 PM

Thanks, apologies very much accepted. Raw nerves for me after the funeral, should never post when not at full capacity!

Phil

#49 User is offline   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2024 - 11:04 PM

View Postphiltooleycfss, on 09 February 2024 - 10:59 PM, said:

Thanks, apologies very much accepted. Raw nerves for me after the funeral, should never post when not at full capacity!

Phil

Bloodyhell, shortest disagreement ever in BB history.

#50 User is offline   Blue95 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2024 - 11:11 PM

Great interview Phil you do a superb job and 1866 is very much appreciated for us far and wide
Who put the ball in the Mansfield net? Super Jackie Lesterrrr

#51 User is online   Vivo 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2024 - 11:31 PM

Great interview Phil you do a superb job and 1866 is very much appreciated for us far and wide. Exactly this for me too Phil. Keep up the good work.

#52 User is offline   HaslandBlue58 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC,Travel,Real Ale,Music

View Postphiltooleycfss, on 09 February 2024 - 10:59 PM, said:

Phil

Condolences Phil, some of us have been in similar situations and unfortunately the older we get the more often we face these situations.
I would venture some of these comments are more due to the overall communication failings from the club than to your output personally.
Anyone with any knowledge of CFC is well aware of your input and commitment to the cause and would not question your passion,but it is becoming increasingly obvious from different threads that there is a lot needing improving in communication between club and fans.

#53 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

View PostDMU Blue, on 09 February 2024 - 07:55 PM, said:

Hard to believe we aren’t the top wage bill though. We have 22 players who could all climb into most clubs first 11 at this level and you can’t imagine we have many “cheap” players within that.

Good interview this. Worth a listen

Cook previously said when he came to club we had something like 38 players.
When Oldham signed the centre forward from Barnsley the Barnsley manger said they couldn’t compete with what Oldham had offered. Although I suspect some of what he meant was th 3 year deal, but if he’s in the reputed 5k plus a week that was some chunk of money

#54 User is offline   Jud 

• One Club Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2024 - 11:39 PM

This is so very refreshing to read, FAAN. Don't see many mature interactions on here, kudos to you both.
"Tha'd have known if l'd got hold o' thee...."

#55 User is offline   ronpowellsbutler 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Irony

Posted 09 February 2024 - 11:39 PM

We are very lucky to have people like PT freely giving up their time for their love of the club.
The bit of confusion at the start was no big deal.
Whilst on, I doff my cap towards Tooley’s Take. Always a great read.

#56 User is offline   HaslandBlue58 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC,Travel,Real Ale,Music

Posted 09 February 2024 - 11:45 PM

View Postronpowellsbutler, on 09 February 2024 - 11:39 PM, said:

We are very lucky to have people like PT freely giving up their time for their love of the club.
The bit of confusion at the start was no big deal.
Whilst on, I doff my cap towards Tooley’s Take. Always a great read.

Seconded.

#57 User is offline   Fact Checker 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2024 - 06:00 AM

Anybody who didn’t get chance to catch this last night, you’re in for an absolute treat when it’s released. One of the best interviews I’ve heard in a long time.
Firstly, Paul Cook… wow. He’s just infectious. I came away feeling more passionate about football than ever before. There are very few managers in any industry as passionate, educated, energetic and driven as him - we all know this already, but we’re incredibly blessed to have him with us. He’s also a top guy, giving credit to everyone but himself.
I didn’t realise he was only given 19 games at Ipswich. There’s no wonder he has a bee in his bonnet about managers being given time - he’s built the base for their success IMO.
Secondly, Phil Tooley - fantastic interviewing. Yes, there were some sound issues at first, but your questioning and interaction with him helped him open up about all parts of his life - his family, past jobs, playing days, friendships, etc.
Very proud to have these two part of our club.

#58 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 10 February 2024 - 07:12 AM

Phil

I enjoyed it and it sounded like Cookie did too. He only swore once - can you do a 'late night' one post-season where anything goes? ;-)

This post has been edited by Westbars Spireite: 10 February 2024 - 07:14 AM

#59 User is online   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 10 February 2024 - 08:57 AM

Thoroughly enjoyable, well gone PT and the team, and thanks to Paul Cook.
I thought one thing to come out of the interview was no hint that promotion this season is the end game for Cook, he wants to oversee our return to our rightful place. For me, that’s at least League One.

#60 User is offline   johnd51 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2024 - 09:00 AM

View PostFit as a Nelson, on 09 February 2024 - 08:03 PM, said:

What about Welling away?

Cheeky.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic