Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Team Ernie Stewarding Fund - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Team Ernie Stewarding Fund

#261 User is offline   Zorro 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 July 2016 - 06:38 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 01 July 2016 - 05:25 PM, said:

First of all a big pat on the back for your efforts, 'Z'.

However it seems we're already seeing Turner's story unravel, in terms of his apparent denial of involvement with the Development School and the claim he's simply some naïve victim doing his best for the Club.

This is the same Chris Turner who was equally 'naive' when fronting a failed bid for Wednesday, spending months and an unknown amount of CFC money embracing Alnassar, doing the same with Bingham and peddling false excuses and platitudes to the media regarding PPP.

And of course there's nothing stopping Turner totally divorcing himself from his and Sutcliffe's enterprise or even demanding the former non league player's exit.

I'm more than happy to take part in another face-to-face but I fear it'll only end in yet more questions and contradictions than answers.

Chris, I have followed with interest for years regarding the activities of the club and posts regarding concerns and noises that crop up within the club. I note your concerns, Mike's concerns and other posters.

There are some very strong allegations and accusations coming from the fans and you already have held a meeting with CT, LS & KF.
You state that you would fear the answers from your questions and other posters have stated that they would not accept the answers that were given, so why should I have a meeting with the people you have a problem with?

I am already trying to set a meeting up with other board members (which Nigel & Mike are aware of).
The allegations will be presented to the board who may not be able to give the immediate answers, but I can assure you and all the other fans that a thorough investigation will take place and the outcome will be eventually posted in here.

On another note, I am looking forward to the new season and I would like to conclude all the meetings before the season starts.
I would also think that we could get a closure on all issues before the season starts.

Z
"You've never had it so good!!!"

#262 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:37 PM

View PostZorro, on 01 July 2016 - 06:38 PM, said:

Chris, I have followed with interest for years regarding the activities of the club and posts regarding concerns and noises that crop up within the club. I note your concerns, Mike's concerns and other posters.

There are some very strong allegations and accusations coming from the fans and you already have held a meeting with CT, LS & KF.
You state that you would fear the answers from your questions and other posters have stated that they would not accept the answers that were given, so why should I have a meeting with the people you have a problem with?

I am already trying to set a meeting up with other board members (which Nigel & Mike are aware of).
The allegations will be presented to the board who may not be able to give the immediate answers, but I can assure you and all the other fans that a thorough investigation will take place and the outcome will be eventually posted in here.

On another note, I am looking forward to the new season and I would like to conclude all the meetings before the season starts.
I would also think that we could get a closure on all issues before the season starts.

Do you actually think there is any chance the Club will PUBLICALLY admit to mistakes. If they do I will personally admit that at times I might have gone over the top! I won't hold my breath!

Z

#notapennymore

#263 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:56 PM

View PostZorro, on 01 July 2016 - 06:38 PM, said:

Z

Do you actually think there is any chance the Club will PUBLICALLY admit to mistakes. If they do I will personally admit that at times I might have gone over the top! I won't hold my breath!
#notapennymore

#264 User is offline   Zorro 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 July 2016 - 01:04 PM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 01 July 2016 - 11:56 PM, said:

Yes

Z
"You've never had it so good!!!"

#265 User is online   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 July 2016 - 02:27 PM

View PostZorro, on 02 July 2016 - 01:04 PM, said:

Yes

Z

For me the game is up regarding the Sheffield mafia,I will never trust a word they say,why cant Turner have an incentive based on our league position rather than a percentage of any transfer fee?Sorry if it's not want you want to hear Zorro and I applaud you in your efforts but we need new owners ASAP if there are any out there.

This post has been edited by musclelove: 02 July 2016 - 02:29 PM

#266 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:46 AM

£3,073 now

amazing effort

#267 User is offline   longeatonspireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Photography, cooking, holidays

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:00 PM

View Postmusclelove, on 02 July 2016 - 02:27 PM, said:

For me the game is up regarding the Sheffield mafia,I will never trust a word they say,why cant Turner have an incentive based on our league position rather than a percentage of any transfer fee?Sorry if it's not want you want to hear Zorro and I applaud you in your efforts but we need new owners ASAP if there are any out there.

Can you hear me mother? Careful what you wish for.
FASTER....FITTER....STRONGER

#268 User is online   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2016 - 01:09 PM

View Postlongeatonspireite, on 05 July 2016 - 12:00 PM, said:

Can you hear me mother? Careful what you wish for.

I wish for owners who are town fans.

#269 User is offline   longeatonspireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2016 - 01:17 PM

View Postmusclelove, on 05 July 2016 - 01:09 PM, said:

I wish for owners who are town fans.

A Chesterfield businessman/woman with 8-10 million to spare who is a town fan. Very wishful..."pigs and fly" come to mind.

#270 User is offline   Mosschops8 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2016 - 01:48 PM

Here's an update Spireites.....there's lots of ideas in the pipeline for Team Ernie, one being getting the road next to The Proact named after Dad. Team Ernie have been to the club today & met with Derbyshire Times who have taken photos and running a story on this.
Also a lot of fans have suggested getting a statue of Dad at the club....we would LOVE this to happen & here's where you guys come in......
On Tuesday 12th July at The Proact we will be announcing the total amount raised for Dad's charity game...again with the Derbyshire Times present.
After the stewards bill is paid there will be well over £1000 left over, that you amazing fans have raised.
As a family we would love this to be used if and when we get the go ahead for Dad's statue.....what I'm asking now if there is anyone who would object to this PLEASE let me know.
It isn't our money to make this decision & totally understand if this is not what you Spireites want.
Again thanks for all your love & support.
Sarah xx

#271 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 05 July 2016 - 01:51 PM

I'd be amazed if anyone disagreed with this option.....

#272 User is offline   longeatonspireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2016 - 02:00 PM

View PostJonB, on 05 July 2016 - 01:51 PM, said:

I'd be amazed if anyone disagreed with this option.....

Spot on for me.

#273 User is offline   nattyfred 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2016 - 02:11 PM

View PostMosschops8, on 05 July 2016 - 01:48 PM, said:

Here's an update Spireites.....there's lots of ideas in the pipeline for Team Ernie, one being getting the road next to The Proact named after Dad. Team Ernie have been to the club today & met with Derbyshire Times who have taken photos and running a story on this.
Also a lot of fans have suggested getting a statue of Dad at the club....we would LOVE this to happen & here's where you guys come in......
On Tuesday 12th July at The Proact we will be announcing the total amount raised for Dad's charity game...again with the Derbyshire Times present.
After the stewards bill is paid there will be well over £1000 left over, that you amazing fans have raised.
As a family we would love this to be used if and when we get the go ahead for Dad's statue.....what I'm asking now if there is anyone who would object to this PLEASE let me know.
It isn't our money to make this decision & totally understand if this is not what you Spireites want.
Sarah xx

Does this mean the DT have been forgiven & are now welcome at the Proact?
I speak three languages fluently...........English, Derbyshire & Bolx

#274 User is online   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2016 - 02:32 PM

View Postlongeatonspireite, on 05 July 2016 - 01:17 PM, said:

A Chesterfield businessman/woman with 8-10 million to spare who is a town fan. Very wishful..."pigs and fly" come to mind.

I will keep buying the lottery tickets then.

#275 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 05 July 2016 - 02:33 PM

Sarah xx

Hi Sarah

My offer to run the Chesterfield Half marathon on behalf of Dementia UK still stands, but equally I'd be more than happy to do it on behalf of the statue fund, should that get the green light (although I doubt you'd struggle to raise the necessary funds either way).

#276 User is offline   S43_Spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Footy, Computers and Holidays in Florida

Posted 05 July 2016 - 02:48 PM

Sarah xx

I would have no problem whatsoever with this idea :)
#StopGoing

#277 User is online   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 05 July 2016 - 03:02 PM

Sarah xx

The question you need to be asking is if any supporters know of an artist who would sculpt a statue, how much.
Asking if it's OK to have the statue is pretty much a foregone conclusion already.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#278 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 05 July 2016 - 03:10 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 05 July 2016 - 03:02 PM, said:

The question you need to be asking is if any supporters know of an artist who would sculpt a statue, how much.
Asking if it's OK to have the statue is pretty much a foregone conclusion already.

I think she was asking that the money already donated was used towards funding the statue, not for permission to have one.

That will be down to the council and the club I'd imagine.

#279 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!

Posted 05 July 2016 - 03:29 PM

View Postnattyfred, on 05 July 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

Does this mean the DT have been forgiven & are now welcome at the Proact?

:rolleyes: I doubt it.With how the club is being run the DT would have a field day if they got hold of a bit of goss. :wacko:
Many a good tune

#280 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 05 July 2016 - 03:41 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 05 July 2016 - 02:33 PM, said:

Hi Sarah

My offer to run the Chesterfield Half marathon on behalf of Dementia UK still stands, but equally I'd be more than happy to do it on behalf of the statue fund, should that get the green light (although I doubt you'd struggle to raise the necessary funds either way).

Count me in too, 'SS'.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

Share this topic:

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users