Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: After A Few Days To Calm Down - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

After A Few Days To Calm Down

#1 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:13 AM

I am still disgusted at the disgraceful performance from so called professional footballers on Saturday

I left after their 3rd goal but had seen enough to decide it was probably as bad a Town display as I had ever seen (and I went to most games when Rushbury was in charge)

After a few decent results I did not expect such a capitulation against a well organised but not great League 2 side

Two centre halves, one currently contracted to a premier league club and one with premier league experience let themselves be bullied and out fought by a wrestler! I've seen the negativity around Anderson here but Evatt was just as bad when trying to deal with Big Bayo (see 3rd goal) - they should both be embarrassed!

Then again, what hope do the defence have when we have simply no midfield, the three we pick 2 from to play centre mid (O'Neil, Nolan, Dimaio) would make a poor conference midfield! Just not good enough and exposes the back 4 whilst creating nothing for the forwards

Mitchell looked as if he was trying and could have had a penalty yet it withdrawn whilst the enigma that is Boly stays on! Beesley works hard but doesn't look to be up to the required standard yet (why not play Dennis) and Evans is obviously a class above but gets no help at all

Only players I thought did half ok were Donohoe and Liddle - both not in their correct positions

Not sure what Wilson was thinking, but the players must take most of the blame for what was a truely terrible and humiliating performance

And I had to endure it in the kop listening to the biggest load of nonsense coming from the idiots behind me, Boly was amazing apparently and didn't deserve to be on the losing side! Anyone who is any good was described as a 'proper baller' and this was mixed in with other assorted nonsense such as the assertion that we were playing 3 at the back from the start despite it being quite obvious we had Anderson and Evatt in the middle and Liddle and Donohoe as full backs!

Also, the attendance was terrible, shows that making it cheap does not guarantee a good crown, realise it's near Christmas but 3600? A sign of things to come though if performances remain the same

#2 User is offline   peakblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:39 AM

I thought the rushbury/randal days were bad but recently its getting close if not worse.
Wilson should go but who's in charge to sort it?

#3 User is offline   Norton Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:all things Spireites - and Liverpool

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:21 AM

Bring back Paul Cook, all is forgiven... :ninja:

#4 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:30 AM

View Postpeakblue, on 05 December 2016 - 10:39 AM, said:

I thought the rushbury/randal days were bad but recently its getting close if not worse.
Wilson should go but who's in charge to sort it?

I don't remember us losing by such huge margins all the time 0-3 1-4 0-5 etc... Rushbury, in my view worked wonders on such a poor budget. I know it wasn't pretty
Wilson has to take the blame for signing such lightweights.

#5 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:32 AM

View PostCartman, on 05 December 2016 - 10:13 AM, said:

I am still disgusted at the disgraceful performance from so called professional footballers on Saturday

I left after their 3rd goal but had seen enough to decide it was probably as bad a Town display as I had ever seen (and I went to most games when Rushbury was in charge)

After a few decent results I did not expect such a capitulation against a well organised but not great League 2 side

Two centre halves, one currently contracted to a premier league club and one with premier league experience let themselves be bullied and out fought by a wrestler! I've seen the negativity around Anderson here but Evatt was just as bad when trying to deal with Big Bayo (see 3rd goal) - they should both be embarrassed!

Then again, what hope do the defence have when we have simply no midfield, the three we pick 2 from to play centre mid (O'Neil, Nolan, Dimaio) would make a poor conference midfield! Just not good enough and exposes the back 4 whilst creating nothing for the forwards

Mitchell looked as if he was trying and could have had a penalty yet it withdrawn whilst the enigma that is Boly stays on! Beesley works hard but doesn't look to be up to the required standard yet (why not play Dennis) and Evans is obviously a class above but gets no help at all

Only players I thought did half ok were Donohoe and Liddle - both not in their correct positions

Not sure what Wilson was thinking, but the players must take most of the blame for what was a truely terrible and humiliating performance

And I had to endure it in the kop listening to the biggest load of nonsense coming from the idiots behind me, Boly was amazing apparently and didn't deserve to be on the losing side! Anyone who is any good was described as a 'proper baller' and this was mixed in with other assorted nonsense such as the assertion that we were playing 3 at the back from the start despite it being quite obvious we had Anderson and Evatt in the middle and Liddle and Donohoe as full backs!

Also, the attendance was terrible, shows that making it cheap does not guarantee a good crown, realise it's near Christmas but 3600? A sign of things to come though if performances remain the same

I think FA guidelines allow the punching repeatedly of anyone using the term 'proper baller'
(For future reference)

#6 User is offline   The Peoples Champion 

• Broadswordcallingdannyboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:32 AM

Cartman

Remember Swindon Away with a few of us Tyler etc .......

4-0 and not one shot and Rushbury brought his Son on to replace Chris Brandon .......

Never ever thought I would see as bad ....... EVER .........

However Saturday was on a par and like you have refused to post for a couple of days to take away the 'knee jerk ' reaction

Simply unacceptable on every level mate

Not even angry anymore just ver very sad

#7 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:48 AM

I left at 3-0 too. A mate I was sat with did too and I've not known him leave any game early, ever. Actually one of our group left before the third, correctly judging it to be a dreadful afternoon at that point.

#8 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:54 AM

View PostThe Peoples Champion, on 05 December 2016 - 11:32 AM, said:

Cartman

Remember Swindon Away with a few of us Tyler etc .......

4-0 and not one shot and Rushbury brought his Son on to replace Chris Brandon .......

Never ever thought I would see as bad ....... EVER .........

However Saturday was on a par and like you have refused to post for a couple of days to take away the 'knee jerk ' reaction

Simply unacceptable on every level mate

Not even angry anymore just ver very sad

that was one of the games I was thinking of - as bad as we were then, we were worse on Saturday

#9 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:00 PM

View PostCartman, on 05 December 2016 - 11:54 AM, said:

that was one of the games I was thinking of - as bad as we were then, we were worse on Saturday

I remember Cambridge 4-1 with Rushbury in charge. Remembering him ranting on the radio.

#10 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:17 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 05 December 2016 - 11:48 AM, said:

I left at 3-0 too. A mate I was sat with did too and I've not known him leave any game early, ever. Actually one of our group left before the third, correctly judging it to be a dreadful afternoon at that point.

Only ever left a game early once before Saturday...a Rushbury game if I remember rightly. Took my son on Saturday..."can we go Dad?" (at 0-3, he's 9 and normally very pragmatic but knew there was no way back) "when they score the 4th" was my reply..... all rise.

Dreadful. I don't mind being beaten...but at least care and put some effort in.

And Aryibi....don't get me started...
"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

#11 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:44 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 05 December 2016 - 11:32 AM, said:

I think FA guidelines allow the punching repeatedly of anyone using the term 'proper baller'
(For future reference)

Does that include the rubbish tautology 'top top' before player or manager, cos that one really gets on my nerves!
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#12 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:46 PM

View PostJohnnyspireite7, on 05 December 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

Does that include the rubbish tautology 'top top' before player or manager, cos that one really gets on my nerves!

thought it was only Harry Redknapp who used that!

Absolute Baller was another stupid term used by the idiots behind me

#13 User is offline   Somerset Spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:47 PM

View PostJohnnyspireite7, on 05 December 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

Anything that's "© Paul Merson" needs to be outlawed. "Worldie", etc. Eeeuuw.
Riding the blue & white roller-coaster since 1989

#14 User is offline   Stents 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:47 PM

Glad I couldn't make it on Saturday as I've never left a game early and by the sounds of things that could of been the one!

#15 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:54 PM

View PostStents, on 05 December 2016 - 12:47 PM, said:

Glad I couldn't make it on Saturday as I've never left a game early and by the sounds of things that could of been the one!

The only CFC game I have ever left early was Plymouth at home in 97 (I was ill). Did I miss anything?

#16 User is offline   Crack 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:58 PM

Could be a good crowd for us next season if we go down. Don't fancy our chances of staying up without several new faces fitting straight in.

#17 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 05 December 2016 - 01:06 PM

Lets hope Danny picks the same XI tomorrow night, and gives them the chance to show us they do have some passion and fight.

#18 User is offline   SALTERGATE 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:00 PM

Nothing will ever be as bad as:

https://en.wikipedia...son?wprov=sfla1

#19 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:06 PM

View PostSALTERGATE, on 05 December 2016 - 04:00 PM, said:

That Stoke away game still gives me nightmares

#20 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:16 PM

View PostSALTERGATE, on 05 December 2016 - 04:00 PM, said:

I seem to remember that 3-0 defeat to Wrexham being pretty awful as well...was that the one when some foreign lad up front for them got a hattrick?

This post has been edited by JonB: 05 December 2016 - 04:16 PM

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users