• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fao Gerbil Boy Rate Topic: -----

#21 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 September 2023 - 02:55 PM

View Posts42blue, on 04 September 2023 - 02:23 PM, said:

Least if he is banned it gives my thumb a rest from scrolling past.

Maybe Earl suffered the same fate? Boy could those boys post some long replies.

They're both as bad as each other hence why I suggested above I'd suspect he wasn't the only one who had received the dreaded email.

As for scrolling, put them both on ignore, then you dont have too.

#22 User is offline   Holmesc1 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 04 September 2023 - 04:07 PM

View Posts42blue, on 04 September 2023 - 02:23 PM, said:

Least if he is banned it gives my thumb a rest from scrolling past.

Maybe Earl suffered the same fate? Boy could those boys post some long replies.

Not sure why the earl would suddenly get banned now, hes been posting the same long political speeches since i joined here. Whilst i dont always agree with him would hardly call him a troll

#23 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

Posted 04 September 2023 - 04:24 PM

View PostHolmesc1, on 04 September 2023 - 04:07 PM, said:

Not sure why the earl would suddenly get banned now, hes been posting the same long political speeches since i joined here. Whilst i dont always agree with him would hardly call him a troll

I said “maybe” only because he’s not posted. Never called him a troll.

Was more in jest….whoooosh
"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

#24 User is offline   Manfred Archie Mac Gerbil 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield
    Racing
    Anagrams
    Puzzles

Posted 04 September 2023 - 04:33 PM

Quaker said:

1693767900[/url]' post='1768466']
I'm guessing he got himself banned.

You’re surprisingly incorrect there Quake.

I’m been exchanging emails with our favourite mod Moondog all weekend and in one of the emails I sent to him I suggested that he banned myself and he refused, he’s proven himself to be an exceptional moderator, a man of steel who refuses to be told what to do by any of us.

He said he’d rather I come back on here on make it clear to everyone that I haven’t been threatened by EOC / Mr Snell which I am happy to do.

Sooooooo I haven’t been threatened by the OP, I got the wrong end of the stick, the EOC is a peaceful reasonable man who doesn’t want to commit any act of violence towards me and I’m apologising for any misunderstanding.

Now hopefully we can get our favourite message board back to rational debate and reasonable discussion.
Let me in!

#25 User is offline   Holmesc1 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2023 - 05:15 PM

View Posts42blue, on 04 September 2023 - 04:24 PM, said:

I said “maybe” only because he’s not posted. Never called him a troll.

Was more in jest….whoooosh

Even if him and mr gerbill were banned they could still re-surface under new names

#26 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 04 September 2023 - 06:50 PM

View PostManfred Archie Mac Gerbil, on 04 September 2023 - 04:33 PM, said:

You’re surprisingly incorrect there Quake.

I’m been exchanging emails with our favourite mod Moondog all weekend and in one of the emails I sent to him I suggested that he banned myself and he refused, he’s proven himself to be an exceptional moderator, a man of steel who refuses to be told what to do by any of us.

He said he’d rather I come back on here on make it clear to everyone that I haven’t been threatened by EOC / Mr Snell which I am happy to do.

Sooooooo I haven’t been threatened by the OP, I got the wrong end of the stick, the EOC is a peaceful reasonable man who doesn’t want to commit any act of violence towards me and I’m apologising for any misunderstanding.

Now hopefully we can get our favourite message board back to rational debate and reasonable discussion.

Thanks for that..

I'll just add I did arrange for your old account to be reset so you could access your historic messages and evidence your allegation, hope we can all now move on

#27 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2023 - 07:52 PM

View Postmoondog, on 04 September 2023 - 06:50 PM, said:

Thanks for that..

I'll just add I did arrange for your old account to be reset so you could access your historic messages and evidence your allegation, hope we can all now move on

Thanks, 'Moondog'.

Been away so missed your messages.

I asked for a retraction and apology and that's what we've had so yeah, hopefully lessons have finally been learned...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#28 User is offline   Holmesc1 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2023 - 08:05 PM

Ah glad the forums double act are sticking around.

This post has been edited by Holmesc1: 04 September 2023 - 08:05 PM

#29 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 05 September 2023 - 08:01 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 04 September 2023 - 07:52 PM, said:

Thanks, 'Moondog'.

Been away so missed your messages.

I asked for a retraction and apology and that's what we've had so yeah, hopefully lessons have finally been learned...

I wonder why the same retraction and apology policy hasn’t been applied elsewhere when requested? That could have saved a lot if animosity.
A new hope.

#30 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 05 September 2023 - 08:19 AM

View PostWooden Spoon, on 05 September 2023 - 08:01 AM, said:

I wonder why the same retraction and apology policy hasn’t been applied elsewhere when requested? That could have saved a lot if animosity.

You've been told directly the answer to that

#31 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2023 - 08:37 AM

I’m waiting for Gerbil to say the “Sooooo….” section he had his fingers crossed so doesn’t count. The most disingenuous post I think there’s ever seen 😂. Seems to have worked though!!

This post has been edited by s42blue: 05 September 2023 - 08:37 AM

#32 User is offline   Manfred Archie Mac Gerbil 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Racing
    Anagrams
    Puzzles

Posted 05 September 2023 - 11:16 AM

s42blue said:

1693903047[/url]' post='1768783']
I'm waiting for Gerbil to say the "Sooooo…." section he had his fingers crossed so doesn't count. The most disingenuous post I think there's ever seen 😂. Seems to have worked though!!

I don’t think you’re helping your friends very much here pal.

Mistakes were made, things were said, emails got exchanged, apologies were made and then accepted.

A few forum members have a lively debate, leave their keyboards and move on with their lives.

And then the forum members who were originally debating come back to the message board, discuss other topics while their own so called ‘friends’ start dragging up the past and want it to start all over again for their own amusement and entertainment I’m guessing.

The sad thing is I probably care more about your ‘friends’ feelings that you do, you’re coming across as 1 of those people who gets offended on behalf of others but the fact is you’re probably not genuinely offended by anything.

I think you’re just bored and you posted that with the sole intention of winding them up and getting them angry again and this sort of behaviour has been happening on many threads on this message board and fortunately the moderators can see through this behaviour.

So maybe think of your friends and fellow town fans who are genuinely struggling with their mental health through these difficult times, you don’t have to look far, just scroll back on this thread as an example and ask yourself if you’re really helping people by making comments like that and then maybe you (and a few others) can apologise to you’re friends for stirring the pot and trying to make them angry again.

✌️
Let me in!

#33 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2023 - 02:03 PM

View PostManfred Archie Mac Gerbil, on 05 September 2023 - 11:16 AM, said:

I don’t think you’re helping your friends very much here pal.

Mistakes were made, things were said, emails got exchanged, apologies were made and then accepted.

A few forum members have a lively debate, leave their keyboards and move on with their lives.

And then the forum members who were originally debating come back to the message board, discuss other topics while their own so called ‘friends’ start dragging up the past and want it to start all over again for their own amusement and entertainment I’m guessing.

The sad thing is I probably care more about your ‘friends’ feelings that you do, you’re coming across as 1 of those people who gets offended on behalf of others but the fact is you’re probably not genuinely offended by anything.

I think you’re just bored and you posted that with the sole intention of winding them up and getting them angry again and this sort of behaviour has been happening on many threads on this message board and fortunately the moderators can see through this behaviour.

So maybe think of your friends and fellow town fans who are genuinely struggling with their mental health through these difficult times, you don’t have to look far, just scroll back on this thread as an example and ask yourself if you’re really helping people by making comments like that and then maybe you (and a few others) can apologise to you’re friends for stirring the pot and trying to make them angry again.

✌️

Wow where to start.

I have no friends on this board. I wouldn’t know any of the posters on here if I passed them on the street or outside the ground. So you definitely have one thing right in that you care more than I do. It’s not sad, it’s the way it is and I have no desire to change this. And you’re right in that I’m not offended by your reply or those of others.

I’ve never gone out of my way to support or denigrate anyone on here. My political views are radically opposed to your new buddy, EoC. I don’t care and I imagine neither does he.

As for winding people up…blimey if that winds people up they should get out more. I do agree the board has become more confrontational..something I’ve included comments on. See “Paul Cook”.

Am I helping by posting? No. I was commenting on your “apology” which I still believe was just so you could back on the board. Don’t worry your secrets safe with me 😉

Enjoy the sun 🦆

#34 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 05 September 2023 - 02:27 PM

View Posts42blue, on 05 September 2023 - 08:37 AM, said:

I’m waiting for Gerbil to say the “Sooooo….” section he had his fingers crossed so doesn’t count. The most disingenuous post I think there’s ever seen 😂. Seems to have worked though!!

I’m thinking Father Jack Hacket!
East stand second class citizen.

#35 User is offline   Manfred Archie Mac Gerbil 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Racing
    Anagrams
    Puzzles

Posted 05 September 2023 - 03:37 PM

s42blue said:

1693922600[/url]' post='1768846']

Am I helping by posting? No. I was commenting on your "apology" which I still believe was just so you could back on the board. Don't worry your secrets safe with me 😉

Translation:

I don’t think EOC should have accepted your apology and I think Moondog should ban you from the message board, but as EOC has accepted your apology and Moondog hasn’t banned you I’m going to take my cyber stick and give this thread a good poke in the hope that it erupts like Krakatoa.

My Thoughts:

You’re so transparent pal, you’ve not got the intellect to manipulate any of the people involved, the only logical reason you have for commenting is a feeble failing attempt to rattle peoples cages that have already put their differences aside.

If you’re that intent on seeing another row then go and start one elsewhere, I don’t see what my apology has to do with you anyway, I was asked to publicly apologise to EOC and make it clear to everyone who reads this message board that I hadn’t been threatened by him and that’s exactly what I did.

Whether you believe it’s sincere or not is entirely irrelevant, I apologised for what I originally posted, the OP accepted the apology, I was happy with the outcome, the OP was happy with the outcome, the moderator was happy with the outcome, everybody involved is satisfied with the outcome apart from you for reasons only known to you although I’ve already speculated previously what they are and as you weren’t involved with this dispute in the first place I suggest you get back to rattling Warfeys cage on the Paul Cook thread because it’s highly unlikely you’ll find anyone on your level down here if that’s all your got in your locker sunbeam.

Let me in!

#36 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2023 - 03:53 PM

View PostManfred Archie Mac Gerbil, on 05 September 2023 - 03:37 PM, said:

Translation:

I don’t think EOC should have accepted your apology and I think Moondog should ban you from the message board, but as EOC has accepted your apology and Moondog hasn’t banned you I’m going to take my cyber stick and give this thread a good poke in the hope that it erupts like Krakatoa.

My Thoughts:

You’re so transparent pal, you’ve not got the intellect to manipulate any of the people involved, the only logical reason you have for commenting is a feeble failing attempt to rattle peoples cages that have already put their differences aside.

If you’re that intent on seeing another row then go and start one elsewhere, I don’t see what my apology has to do with you anyway, I was asked to publicly apologise to EOC and make it clear to everyone who reads this message board that I hadn’t been threatened by him and that’s exactly what I did.

Whether you believe it’s sincere or not is entirely irrelevant, I apologised for what I originally posted, the OP accepted the apology, I was happy with the outcome, the OP was happy with the outcome, the moderator was happy with the outcome, everybody involved is satisfied with the outcome apart from you for reasons only known to you although I’ve already speculated previously what they are and as you weren’t involved with this dispute in the first place I suggest you get back to rattling Warfeys cage on the Paul Cook thread because it’s highly unlikely you’ll find anyone on your level down here if that’s all your got in your locker sunbeam.

Hahaha good one. I don’t want you banned. Really couldn’t care less. Not sure I was rattling Warfey cage at all. But these things are all about perception.

As for the rest you do make me chuckle. Kinda feels like you’ve been manipulated. Thankfully I’m not clever enough. Wasn’t even trying. How clever must I be 😂😂😂

But seriously if you’re offended. I publicly apologise.

#37 User is offline   Manfred Archie Mac Gerbil 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Racing
    Anagrams
    Puzzles

Posted 05 September 2023 - 05:21 PM

s42blue said:

1693929204[/url]' post='1768881']
Hahaha good one. I don't want you banned. Really couldn't care less. Not sure I was rattling Warfey cage at all. But these things are all about perception.

As for the rest you do make me chuckle. Kinda feels like you've been manipulated. Thankfully I'm not clever enough. Wasn't even trying. How clever must I be 😂😂😂

But seriously if you're offended. I publicly apologise.

No need to apologise, as long as we’re all at least trying to keep the peace that’s absolutely fine with me, I apologise if I took things out of proportion.
Let me in!

#38 User is offline   Painted Wagon 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2023 - 09:04 AM

I only read the footy section on this board as a rule but have today dipped into the personal section for the first time. Wow, it needs a sub section of ‘let’s get personal’

#39 User is offline   PontePete 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2023 - 09:13 AM

View PostPainted Wagon, on 09 September 2023 - 09:04 AM, said:

I only read the footy section on this board as a rule but have today dipped into the personal section for the first time. Wow, it needs a sub section of ‘let’s get personal’

We’ve already got one Mr Wagon. Here you go, fill yer boots:

http://www.thecfss.c...opic=71345&st=0
Hater of all things Scab!

#40 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 09 September 2023 - 07:09 PM

Is the resident 🔔end on another enforced holiday ??
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users