Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Oh Dear, Caldwell Turning On Fans Already - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Oh Dear, Caldwell Turning On Fans Already

#41 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:35 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 25 February 2017 - 08:28 PM, said:

Think that should be directed towards the players.

I have a degree of sympathy for him.

Did you see him look towards Carson when the 3rd went in.

I was too busy looking upto the skies asking WTF have I done to deserve this?
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#42 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:47 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 25 February 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

GC Has to carry the can for signing six players, not one of which improved on what we had. Why didn't we sign say three more experienced players who had a clue about fighting for the cause? He has to carry the can for insisting on playing to a system and style not suited to the players on the pitch. As I have said before, asking players without the skills and confidence to play from the back can only lead to one thing at this level, and boy did we see the evidence today. Your loyalty to GC Is laudable, but, contrary to what I have always thought, perhaps dead chickens don't bounce.

Here we go again - and what if none of those experienced players would not sign.
God I hate this league.

#43 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:50 PM

Who were the experienced players Caldwell tried to sign? If you can't name them don't assume they existed. Judge him on the players he has signed.

#44 User is online   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:55 PM

If the mafia is in charge at the end of the season we will struggle to encourage anyone to sign for us , oh wait we have a hard working DOF
Have passport will travel

#45 User is online   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:56 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 25 February 2017 - 08:47 PM, said:

Here we go again - and what if none of those experienced players would not sign.

Don't bother with half of those we signed, and go with Maguire, Beesley, German, Simons, and even Rowley.and Morrison.

#46 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:57 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 25 February 2017 - 08:50 PM, said:

Who were the experienced players Caldwell tried to sign? If you can't name them don't assume they existed. Judge him on the players he has signed.

Caldwell admitted he had little to do with the signings. Knew nowt about them so had to ask others he knew in the game.

They weren't targets, they were cast offs.

#47 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:08 PM

They'll most probably signings that were made in the best interest of business.
Parent clubs paying wages+releasing the bigger earners = a bigger profit margin. Too bad that it's gonna take us down.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#48 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:12 PM

What a shocking admission. He had to rely on others to draw up transfer targets? Big mistake to sack Wilson. Sure he would have done better in the January window and maybe given us at least a hope in hell of staying up, however negative and unappealing it might have been.

#49 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:16 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 25 February 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

GC Has to carry the can for signing six players, not one of which improved on what we had. Why didn't we sign say three more experienced players who had a clue about fighting for the cause? He has to carry the can for insisting on playing to a system and style not suited to the players on the pitch. As I have said before, asking players without the skills and confidence to play from the back can only lead to one thing at this level, and boy did we see the evidence today. Your loyalty to GC Is laudable, but, contrary to what I have always thought, perhaps dead chickens don't bounce.

Fully agree. Forget the goings on in the Boardroom, with the owner, CT, across the road, and rafflegate the Manager picks the team, decides the tactics, and, from what he said at the AGM, the signings.

An experienced manager would have looked at the players we have and from their capabilities tried to formulate tactics around them. GC, instead, seems to have come up with a style of play which, despite 6 new signings, the team doesn't understand or are not capable of playing. He wants to play out from the back but has signed a keeper who dithers in possession, he has a double act of slow-turning centre-backs, his so-called midfield hard man playing out of position at RB, and a young inexperienced RB replacing an experienced LB at LB. Then, in an attempt to strengthen midfield he has give-it-away-a-lot Gardner and the returning Angel. Then he plays a front three so wide apart it's as if they have been told to keep away from each other.

So, let's examine his signings -

Stuckman - does this guy actually give anybody any confidence?
Kakay - I think there is something there but he ain't ready to be put in a team so incapable.
El Fitouri - had a decent 45 minutes then that was it.
Brown - recommended by Gary Rowett - not impressed GC or us yet and, let's be honest, if he can't make a start in this midfield he either isn't good enough or doesn't want to be here.
Grimshaw - started every game but I'm still waiting for him to get started.
Faupala - certainly shouldn't be played wide left but for a tallish lad does he ever win a header?

Basically, imho, GC should have settled for 3 signings - a big ugly CB, a big ugly CM, and a big ugly CF all prepared to fight for the cause.

I have little confidence that GC will win a game with CFC this season or that he knows enough about League 2 to build a team for next season.

#50 User is offline   ArcticSpireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:21 PM

I'll admit it, I wanted him gone but we were wrong to sack Wilson. This boring yes-man is no better than your average Football Manager gamer signing incompetent loan players and then slagging off the fans after dire results cause us to shout out frustrations.

If we have a team to support in the next 5 years or so I'll start wearing a dress to every match. These crooked, nasty and downright awful owners are going to rip our club apart.

This post has been edited by ArcticSpireite: 25 February 2017 - 09:23 PM

Happiness is like a cake. Have too much; and you get sick of it.

#51 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:29 PM

View Postlindave, on 25 February 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

If he wants the negative fans to stay at home then the crowd will be down to about 3200 including away fans. Those sat around us behind GC including me, were not being personal to him or any singular player. They shouted get it sorted GC its embarrassing, try leaving someone up at corners,and stop messing about at the back in front of goal, and bring Ched on. Who can blame anyone for walking out early today, yet again we got a passionless performance from the players and sad to say from GC once the 3rd went in.
The only ones to come out with any credit were Angel, SEB, Gardner and Dennis in patches and Kakay when he came on,why was Jones subbed? Fapuala is not producing the goods I'd rather see German or Beesley given a go.As for our BFG in goal, I've got my doubts that he is any better than the other 2, he's brave that's for sure but seems a bit flat footed and slow to react.(he was motm at Millwall though).Charlie Raglan cant get in either starting line up, but I wish he had been playing today, Evo and Hird had their worst games ever.If we cant score goals then we are down for sure because we need
to win matches.

Disagree about Gardner, thought he was generally very poor. Also Dennis ran about a lot but his first touch was heavy too many times to count. Felt sorry for Kakay and couldn't understand GC's substitution of Jones at all - I actually wonder if DJ had words with GC and the latter didn't like it.

Agree about SEB and, also, thought Simons did more in 10 minutes than Faupala in 80. Felt Mitchell tried as well but the general tactics and experienced players let us down badly. Hird made two mistakes in the first minute and he, Evatt and Stuckman looked so slow and cumbersome and totally out of sorts for the entire match - if players like these don't lead by example what chance have the younger ones got?

#52 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:32 PM

View PostKevinArnottsGoldenBoot, on 25 February 2017 - 08:57 PM, said:

Caldwell admitted he had little to do with the signings. Knew nowt about them so had to ask others he knew in the game.

WELL SAID NOT TARGETS AT ALL CHEAP LOAN PANIC SIGNINGS CALDWELL ASKED GARY ROWETT ABOUT REECE BROWN HED NOT SCOUTED HIM , QUICK PHONE CALL HAVE YOU A CHEAP PLAYER U COULD LOAN US

#53 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 25 February 2017 - 08:56 PM, said:

Don't bother with half of those we signed, and go with Maguire, Beesley, German, Simons, and even Rowley.and Morrison.

Can I change that "half" to "all GC" has signed.

#54 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Was Stuckmann so bad ?

#55 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:34 PM

View PostKevinArnottsGoldenBoot, on 25 February 2017 - 08:57 PM, said:

Never heard him admit but at the AGM he spoke glowingly of each of them. Since then he has blessed us with Stuckman who seems to live up to his name.

#56 User is online   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:36 PM

View Postdtp, on 25 February 2017 - 09:32 PM, said:

Can I change that "half" to "all GC" has signed.

Yeah, in reality. I was trying to be not too negative, in case Caldwell banished me to the golf course every other Saturday.
There again..

#57 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:37 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 25 February 2017 - 09:12 PM, said:

What a shocking admission. He had to rely on others to draw up transfer targets? Big mistake to sack Wilson. Sure he would have done better in the January window and maybe given us at least a hope in hell of staying up, however negative and unappealing it might have been.

I struggle to believe that DW would have done worse than 3 points out of 21 from the run of matches GC has had mostly against teams in the lower levels of the league.

Money wasted in my opinion - the cost of sacking DW and CM plus the future cost of GC??????

#58 User is offline   Jordan 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:37 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 25 February 2017 - 09:32 PM, said:

Was Stuckmann so bad ?

He's a good shot stopper but it looks like he's gonna gift as many goals as he saves to the opposition by faffing about with it at the back. You'd think he'd have learnt after Bury but he put us under pressure on numerous occasions today

#59 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:39 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 25 February 2017 - 09:32 PM, said:

Was Stuckmann so bad ?

He kept the score from being 8-0
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#60 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:44 PM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 25 February 2017 - 09:39 PM, said:

He kept the score from being 8-0

Yeah it's hardly his fault our defence is so terrible. Evatt has been one of the better ones lately but my god did he have a stinker today, that first goal was atrocious, he looked like he was lugging a fridge on his back and their player had no right to get to the ball first, and the last he just casually gave it away, nowt Stuckmann can do about glaring errors like that.
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users