Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Oh Dear, Caldwell Turning On Fans Already - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Oh Dear, Caldwell Turning On Fans Already

#21 User is offline   meowdmucker 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:23 PM

Well what on earth is there to be positive about. You know what I might just stay at home.

#22 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:26 PM

Pretty misguided comments

What does he expect with the Bunkum we are watching

#23 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:36 PM

If anyone is actually positive about events on the pitch (never mind off it) they must be pretty dim.

My response today would have probably been a half hearted boo at half time and leaving at about 60 minutes.

#24 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:39 PM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 25 February 2017 - 06:16 PM, said:

Out of the last three managers, Saunders was probably the best one and that tells you everything.

Your talking crap. He started this mess.

GC is right, we don't need negative supporters but what he's got to realise is we've been enduring these poor as f**k performances since we knocked on the door of the championship.
We are pi**ed off as it is and when we have to see performances like that today then we are going to react to it negatively.
When Cooky left, he left us with a "footballing" side that when players were sold, they were replaced with overpriced crocks and hoofers. Danny Wilson came in and never really added any real quality to the team already here. We went from promotion contenders to relegation favourites in one summer then in the following seasons we have had to endure dour displays, criticism of our support aswell as the soap opera from across the road (not crossroads) and to top it all off we had our Chairman walk out at our agm without a care in the world.
GC has gotta realise that it's not because of him that concerns/boos are being aired but if he carries on saying things like that then he's gonna find out quickly that they will be.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#25 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:40 PM

View Postjonnythespireite, on 25 February 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

As for Caldwell? An idealist trying to make dog and duck FC play tiki taka...

Caldwell has my deepest sympathy, but his lack of experience is showing. He's only got to look at Sheridan's and Clarke's style to realise why the likes of Oldham & Bury are doing a job on the opposition and grinding out results.

#26 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:40 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 25 February 2017 - 06:39 PM, said:

GC is right, we don't need negative supporters but what he's got to realise is we've been enduring these poor as f**k performances since we knocked on the door of the championship.
We are pi**ed off as it is and when we have to see performances like that today then we are going to react to it negatively.
When Cooky left, he left us with a "footballing" side that when players were sold, they were replaced with overpriced crocks and hoofers. Danny Wilson came in and never really added any real quality to the team already here. We went from promotion contenders to relegation favourites in one summer then in the following seasons we have had to endure dour displays, criticism of our support aswell as the soap opera from across the road (not crossroads) and to top it all off we had our Chairman walk out at our agm without a care in the world.
GC has gotta realise that it's not because of him that concerns/boos are being aired but if he carries on saying things like that then he's gonna find out quickly that they will be.

Lol. It give us something else to debate on this Bunkum day didn't it. Good post
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#27 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:42 PM

When Cooky left, he left us with a "footballing" side that when players were sold, they were replaced with overpriced crocks and hoofers. Danny Wilson came in and never really allowed to add any real quality to the team already here. We went from promotion contenders to relegation favourites in one summer then in the following seasons we have had to endure dour displays, criticism of our support aswell as the soap opera from across the road (not crossroads) and to top it all off we had our Chairman walk out at our agm without a care in the world.

Let's get at least one thing in perspective. I bet if Danny had the right investment from above things may have been different.
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#28 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:48 PM

GC Has to carry the can for signing six players, not one of which improved on what we had. Why didn't we sign say three more experienced players who had a clue about fighting for the cause? He has to carry the can for insisting on playing to a system and style not suited to the players on the pitch. As I have said before, asking players without the skills and confidence to play from the back can only lead to one thing at this level, and boy did we see the evidence today. Your loyalty to GC Is laudable, but, contrary to what I have always thought, perhaps dead chickens don't bounce.

This post has been edited by 60s 70s Spireite: 25 February 2017 - 06:48 PM

#29 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:48 PM

If he wants the negative fans to stay at home then the crowd will be down to about 3200 including away fans. Those sat around us behind GC including me, were not being personal to him or any singular player. They shouted get it sorted GC its embarrassing, try leaving someone up at corners,and stop messing about at the back in front of goal, and bring Ched on. Who can blame anyone for walking out early today, yet again we got a passionless performance from the players and sad to say from GC once the 3rd went in.
The only ones to come out with any credit were Angel, SEB, Gardner and Dennis in patches and Kakay when he came on,why was Jones subbed? Fapuala is not producing the goods I'd rather see German or Beesley given a go.As for our BFG in goal, I've got my doubts that he is any better than the other 2, he's brave that's for sure but seems a bit flat footed and slow to react.(he was motm at Millwall though).Charlie Raglan cant get in either starting line up, but I wish he had been playing today, Evo and Hird had their worst games ever.If we cant score goals then we are down for sure because we need
to win matches.
lindave

#30 User is offline   s43spire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:53 PM

View Postlindave, on 25 February 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

If he wants the negative fans to stay at home then the crowd will be down to about 3200 including away fans. Those sat around us behind GC including me, were not being personal to him or any singular player. They shouted get it sorted GC its embarrassing, try leaving someone up at corners,and stop messing about at the back in front of goal, and bring Ched on. Who can blame anyone for walking out early today, yet again we got a passionless performance from the players and sad to say from GC once the 3rd went in.
The only ones to come out with any credit were Angel, SEB, Gardner and Dennis in patches and Kakay when he came on,why was Jones subbed? Fapuala is not producing the goods I'd rather see German or Beesley given a go.As for our BFG in goal, I've got my doubts that he is any better than the other 2, he's brave that's for sure but seems a bit flat footed and slow to react.(he was motm at Millwall though).Charlie Raglan cant get in either starting line up, but I wish he had been playing today, Evo and Hird had their worst games ever.If we cant score goals then we are down for sure because we need
to win matches.

I was agreeing with your post until I read Gardner and credit he is one of the worst players we have had in last few years

#31 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:00 PM

View Posts43spire, on 25 February 2017 - 06:53 PM, said:

I was agreeing with your post until I read Gardner and credit he is one of the worst players we have had in last few years

I meant it to say he only played well in patches, the last 3 games he has been appalling in midfield.
lindave

#32 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:04 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 25 February 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

GC Has to carry the can for signing six players, not one of which improved on what we had. Why didn't we sign say three more experienced players who had a clue about fighting for the cause? He has to carry the can for insisting on playing to a system and style not suited to the players on the pitch. As I have said before, asking players without the skills and confidence to play from the back can only lead to one thing at this level, and boy did we see the evidence today. Your loyalty to GC Is laudable, but, contrary to what I have always thought, perhaps dead chickens don't bounce.

I thought people want to keep Hird precisely because he does have that skill? I'll have to wait for the pictures but my impression was that he was at fault with 3 of the goals. I hope Peak is wrong and that he has not in fact won himself a contract for next year and that he has simply signed a waiver. Meanwhile, our best young defensive prospect is playing for Fylde AFC. Turner out!!.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#33 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:13 PM

View Postdim view, on 25 February 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

I thought people want to keep Hird precisely because he does have that skill? I'll have to wait for the pictures but my impression was that he was at fault with 3 of the goals. I hope Peak is wrong and that he has not in fact won himself a contract for next year and that he has simply signed a waiver. Meanwhile, our best young defensive prospect is playing for Fylde AFC. Turner out!!.

First goal. Evatt/ Hird .
Second goal. Keeper. Clear the fkin thing!
Third goal. Hird. Played a hospital ball to Gardner ( aka the league 1 zizou)
Fourth goal. Evatt.
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#34 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:16 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 25 February 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

"GC has to carry the can for signing six players, not one of which improved on what we had" I'm not sure that's entirely true. Remember our CE.., oops DoF, worked very hard on deadline day..god I despise him for taking a wage out of our club.
East stand second class citizen.

#35 User is offline   ossi 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:19 PM

Was it 7 wins 1 draw

1 draw Check
7 Wins ??

#36 User is offline   Humpalumpa 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:23 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 25 February 2017 - 05:50 PM, said:

When will this sorry sad state ever end?

In the conference very soon or even worse, lower down with AFC Chesterfield
The pride of Derbyshire

#37 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:11 PM

View Postossi, on 25 February 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

Was it 7 wins 1 draw

1 draw Check
7 Wins ??

we can't string 7 passes together nevermind 7 wins

#38 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:14 PM

Ashley Carson replied on Facebook.

I will listen to the interview and pass comments and my thoughts tomorrow. This evening after the afternoon we have all had to endure I am going to try to have a few hours not thinking about things too much.

I am totally with you all and pretty much echo your thoughts.

Like me, I guess another ruined weekend
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#39 User is offline   Toddhopper. 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:25 PM

Things are very unlikely to improve until there has been a complete clear out of players who have a terminal losing attitude. I would suggest that beyond Tommy Lee (if he's ever fit again) there is no one worth keeping. I'm not saying they're all bad players but they've clearly given up & can't wait to leave.
Obviously the poison going through the club is just as apparent off the field & the sooner we have new owners the more likely we'll turn things round in the next year or two. The longer Allen & Turner are here the worse the malaise will get.

#40 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:28 PM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 25 February 2017 - 05:58 PM, said:

He wants to try watching that rubbish. He also want to try and ask the some of the why they're not putting all they have into the game.

Think that should be directed towards the players.

I have a degree of sympathy for him.

Did you see him look towards Carson when the 3rd went in.

View PostSpire-Heights, on 25 February 2017 - 06:16 PM, said:

Out of the last three managers, Saunders was probably the best one and that tells you everything.

About his time at Liverpool ? And how good he is.
God I hate this league.

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users