Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Just Back..my Thoughts - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Just Back..my Thoughts

#1 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:09 PM

First half, I thought we looked nervy with a lot of wayward passes...Kearns wasn't in the game & (IMO) Richards needed to get involved more...we get the goal & it settled us down.
Second half, we completely dominated & controlled a very poor dagenham team, who looked liked they were already on holiday mode...we should, SHOULD have won by a lot more!! & that is the frustrating thing about us, killing teams off!! Especially when we all had our hearts in our mouths when they missed an absolute sitter!!! Richards was brilliant in the second half....really needs a goal to go in off his backside or something.
Good professional performance & puts all the pressure on fleetwood to win their games now.

Man of the match......darikwa....I thought he was fantastic all day...if he had scored after he danced through their defence..wow!

I was sat next to a couple from clacton on sea...he only came along to check on his investment!! Had a £400e/w bet in chesterfield to get promoted

#2 User is offline   needdm 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:48 PM

Sorry, but Richards was terrible.

#3 User is online   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:51 PM

View Postneeddm, on 21 April 2014 - 07:48 PM, said:

I don't know what game you watched, but it wasn't the one I did.
A new hope.

#4 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:54 PM

Richards won everything in the second half & created chances for others...had two great efforts, but should have put away the knock down from Doyle

#5 User is offline   PositiveOmen 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Newbold Lad. Professional Actor and Student Support at a College. Home and Away. Supported since 2001.

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:37 PM

The people that thought Richards were terrible today, are the people who scream at him when he doesn't run for a ball that's been lofted 30ft in front of him.

Heard a guy shout out, 'See! Armands done more in 10 minutes that Rico did in the whole of the game!'

But I guess there's always got to be stupid people, otherwise, how would we create sit coms, etc.
Carson Out.

#6 User is offline   Cheshunt Spireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:50 PM

I thought Richards was better than Doyle today. Got stuck in, made some decent flick ons and was a real pain for the Daggers defence. He was unlucky to have been subbed.

#7 User is offline   essexspireman 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

View Postdeath, on 21 April 2014 - 07:51 PM, said:

or me

#8 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:53 PM

View PostCheshunt Spireite, on 21 April 2014 - 08:50 PM, said:

I thought Richards was better than Doyle today. Got stuck in, made some decent flick ons and was a real pain for the Daggers defence. He was unlucky to have been subbed.

He was having a full on battle with their centre half....caused them big problems when the ball was fired into him.

#9 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:05 PM

View PostCheshunt Spireite, on 21 April 2014 - 08:50 PM, said:

Good post match interview with Richards today.
He is quite self deprecating about his current strike rate. 'More training needed'.
He seems a very happy chap and well up for the next two matches.

#10 Guest_itsc_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:24 PM

Have to say I thought Richards was great today really put the effort in and was knackered when he came off.

Not sure which game that post on here was watching but obviously didn't go to the game.

I heard a few people shouting at Rico, they have no idea.

Rico went up for every header against their centre back with loads of flick ons for Doyle

He just needs a goal and I'm sure he will get a few but if he keeps playing like he does Doyle will be scoring more.

Darikwa's run through would have been goal of the season if he had out it in the back of the net.

On to burton

#11 User is offline   Humpalumpa 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:31 PM

View Postdeath, on 21 April 2014 - 07:51 PM, said:

Agreed
The pride of Derbyshire

#12 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:00 PM

The 500+ Town fans there today seemed to disagree with you judging by the ovation he got leaving the field.

#13 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:01 PM

We didn't break sweat today and we didn't need to Dagenham were a very poor side and we should have beat them by more goals,Richards missed two glorious chances but we didn't need to take them because we scored a goal Doyle again and it became evident that it was going to be enough,if we had left at 5 o clock and left Daggers still playing they would not have scored today,great result great response from Friday and a sound footing for Burton on Sunday where a win will guarantee us promotion......enjoyed today early start long trek but well worth it 533 Spireites there in a poor home crowd but the locals would rather spend at least £750 a season watching West Ham,bizarre that but that came from one of there supporters,West Ham that is.....

#14 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:07 PM

View PostDema Reborn, on 21 April 2014 - 10:01 PM, said:

We didn't break sweat today and we didn't need to Dagenham were a very poor side and we should have beat them by more goals,Richards missed two glorious chances but we didn't need to take them because we scored a goal Doyle again and it became evident that it was going to be enough,if we had left at 5 o clock and left Daggers still playing they would not have scored today,great result great response from Friday and a sound footing for Burton on Sunday where a win will guarantee us promotion......enjoyed today early start long trek but well worth it 533 Spireites there in a poor home crowd but the locals would rather spend at least £750 a season watching West Ham,bizarre that but that came from one of there supporters,West Ham that is.....

Stayed down there for the weekend at friends who live on Rockwell Road (where the away coaches parked).

My mate supports West Ham and made his first ever visit to Dagenham's ground today.

#15 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:10 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 21 April 2014 - 10:07 PM, said:

Stayed down there for the weekend at friends who live on Rockwell Road (where the away coaches parked).

My mate supports West Ham and made his first ever visit to Dagenham's ground today.

We were talking to some in Romford but it is the reason Dagenham get poor gates,good away end and good to see there players going round clapping there support,we have got it good up here at the side of teams like these.....

#16 User is offline   DMU Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:14 PM

Richards was excellent today. Ran himself into the ground for the cause. Gave their CB a torrid time. Unlucky not to bag. It just shows what he could be for us if he gets a run of games without a break or injury.

Got a well deserved ovation when he went off.

I'm happy for anyone to have an opinion but I'm struggling to take anyone seriously who was actually there today who couldn't see he had a decent game. Some people don't want to give him a chance and have already made up their mind and can't wait to have a dig the moment he doesn't sprint 30 yards for a dead ball that's going for a goal kick. The same can be said for Doyle who I personally didn't think was great today but he's scored 4 in 5 now so I'm happy to give credit where it's due for goalscoring.

People have those that they love to hate and won't accept it when those players play well.

For what it's worth as someone who's criticised Darikwa this year he was really good today both going forwards and back
Up the Blues

#17 User is offline   BodieUK 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:30 PM

That was the best game Richards has had for us in a long time

Yes he did have two clear cut chances - missed them but very unlucky in the process. He troubled their defence immensely today, as did Doyle

He won't be here next season that's pretty much certain, but if he performs in the final two like he did today he will leave with my best wishes. Unless he's against us where he usually does the business!
Twitter: Bodie0402

#18 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Its fair to say i have a passing interest in chesterfield fc!

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:42 AM

[quote name='DMU Blue' timestamp='1398118445' post='999317']Richards was excellent today. Ran himself into the ground for the cause. Gave their CB a torrid time. Unlucky not to bag. It just shows what he could be for us if he gets a run of games without a break or injury.Got a well deserved ovation when he went off. I'm happy for anyone to have an opinion but I'm struggling to take anyone seriously who was actually there today who couldn't see he had a decent game. Some people don't want to give him a chance and have already made up their mind and can't wait to have a dig the moment he doesn't sprint 30 yards for a dead ball that's going for a goal kick. The same can be said for Doyle who I personally didn't think was great today but he's scored 4 in 5 now so I'm happy to give credit where it's due for goalscoring.People have those that they love to hate and won't accept it when those players play well.For what it's worth as someone who's criticised Darikwa this year he was really good today both going forwards and back[/quoteI

I thought we played well yesterday, a very gritty professional performance against an average dagenham side.

In respect of individual performances Darikwa had a great game and i am really looking forward to drew returning so Tendayi can play in a more advanced role as he genuinely has the pace to trouble defences. I also thought Smith had an outstanding game closely followed by Evatt.

Gardner had an excellent first half for me and although he had run a bit out of steam was unlucky to be substituted first as i would have probably taken off Kearns who was average for me. Though to be fair to Cook he got the substitutions right!

Hird and Ryan both had solid games.

Now on to the forwards. Sorry but I just do not see how people thought Richards had a great game. The sitter he missed aside he hardly won a header and couldnt be bothered to chase the ball when it was eminently gettable on numerous occasions. He looks every inch a player with no confidence going through the motions......and Nando did do more in 15 minutes than he did in 75!

Nando was great when he came on. Won every header, provided a real physical presence and chased everything....including tracking back harrying his man and winning a vital defensive header.

Now on to Doyle, who i am still not totally convinced about but performances like yesterday are winning me over. He covered every blade of grass, had some really great touches, created 2 top moves and most importantly stuck the ball in the onion bag again!

All in all a great day out and whilst the away numbers were low the noise they created was top notch.....well done lads!

Ps: just a quick note on daggers and their fans in general. They were very friendly congratulating us at the end when we walked past and the pint in the social club was excellent, i for one wish them well as they are performing miracles on the gates they get.

This post has been edited by Middle East: 22 April 2014 - 08:49 AM

BRITISH BY BIRTH - ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

#19 User is offline   stocko_93 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:49 AM

I didnt go to the game so I cant possibly comment on how Richards played. But if he did have an immense game then i take my hat off to him for all the stick he has been getting!! But I've seen a few comments which say that he did have "two clear cut chances" which im afraid is what it boils down to for a striker unless they are providing assists which he didnt.

#20 User is offline   DMU Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:52 AM

View PostMiddle East, on 22 April 2014 - 08:42 AM, said:

Now on to the forwards. Sorry but I just do not see how people thought Richards had a great game. The sitter he missed aside he hardly won a header and couldnt be bothered to chase the ball when it was eminently gettable on numerous occasions. He looks every inch a player with no confidence going through the motions......and Nando did do more in 15 minutes than he did in 75!

Must have had your eyes closed. Richards won everything in the air and destroyed their CB, held it up well and linked up play nicely.

It always makes me laugh when fans are screaming abuse at players for not chasing down the ball, despite the fact the player is returning from an offside position having chased the goalie down. That's the only time in the match I remember Richards not busting a gut a right on que a minority of people exploded with typical anti Richards abuse

I hope people watch the extended highlights on player and are able to see Richards contribution. After getting lots of stick all season he deserves plaudits yesterday.
Up the Blues

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users