• Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Chesterfield
    Racing
    Anagrams
    Puzzles

Posted 31 October 2023 - 03:57 PM

calvin plummers socks said:

1698767007[/url]' post='1781254']
Anyone who voted for Boris Johnson must feel like the worlds biggest bell end today

Anybody who actually abided by those ridiculously draconian lockdown rules must feel like a total idiot.

Full respect to everyone who called out that bollux from the beginning.

Anybody who thought any of that (or those ridiculously flimsy masks) were necessary must feel like an absolute plonker today.
Let me in!

#14602 User is online   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 October 2023 - 05:28 PM

View Postazul, on 31 October 2023 - 03:40 PM, said:

Couldn’t resist searching for that classic - had it down to one of three posters and I wasn’t disappointed

The same one who insisted Hancock deserved a knighthood?

But anyway, we today learned that many of those surrounding Boris the Liar were privately echoing what many on here were saying in public, and he/his government were so dysfunctional it was at one point being run by a bloke who used to follow Cameron around dressed as a chicken.

A chicken.

In fact in the months when pictures of hospitals being overwhelmed across Europe should've shocked the buffoon into action, he either didn't care or believed he could bluff and bluster his way through the Pandemic as he'd done Brexit.

Said it before and I'll say it again: the entitled ex Etonian and his cronies should be charged with manslaughter...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#14603 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 31 October 2023 - 05:38 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 31 October 2023 - 05:28 PM, said:

The same one who insisted Hancock deserved a knighthood?

But anyway, we today learned that many of those surrounding Boris the Liar were privately echoing what many on here were saying in public, and he/his government were so dysfunctional it was at one point being run by a bloke who used to follow Cameron around dressed as a chicken.

A chicken.

In fact in the months when pictures of hospitals being overwhelmed across Europe should've shocked the buffoon into action, he either didn't care or believed he could bluff and bluster his way through the Pandemic as he'd done Brexit.

Said it before and I'll say it again: the entitled ex Etonian and his cronies should be charged with manslaughter...

Given his comments about letting old people die they’d definitely be at least moral grounds for manslaughter charges.

Totally and utterly obscene
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#14604 User is online   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 31 October 2023 - 06:05 PM

Apparently today's 'Mail had barely a handfull of paragraphs of yesterdays' evidence on summat like page fourteen. With not a single mention of the bloke they're paying hundreds of thousands to peddle fact free gibberish for them's 'let old folks die' comments.

The same old folk who constitute most of it's readership, of course.

And whilst I'm not gonna abuse my faculties by tuning in to GeeBeebies, the fact they featured a couple of climate change denying cranks trashing Labour's green policy whilst everyone else covered the UK economy's Kwar crash tells us they'll be just as desperate to ignore stuff like this...

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=f0qfjS8grhI

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 31 October 2023 - 06:16 PM

#14605 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 31 October 2023 - 06:17 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 30 October 2023 - 07:20 AM, said:

So whilst both Boris the Liar and Sunak's 'Whatsapp' messages remain conveniently AWOL, key figures are to offer evidence to the Covid enquiry this week.

Including Dominic Cummins.

And attempts to smear the bloke then closest to the disgraced Johnson have already begun, with the Mail's Andrew Pierce leading the right wing race regurgitating the Barnard Castle episode.

Which of course he and they at best dismissed, or at worst sneeringly endorsed at the time.

It'll also be interesting to see what those since honoured by the ex Etonian have to say. Not that that fact'll influence their testimony in any way...

“Attempts to smear the bloke closest to the disgraced Johnson have already begun”, would this be the same bloke who you regularly ridiculed and questioned his honesty over the Barnard Castle trip? Just type Barnard Castle into the search bar on this thread and the posts are there.
Mind you he’s singing from your hymn sheet now so alls honest and above board, glorious!

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 31 October 2023 - 06:24 PM

East stand second class citizen.

#14606 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 31 October 2023 - 06:49 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 31 October 2023 - 06:17 PM, said:

“Attempts to smear the bloke closest to the disgraced Johnson have already begun”, would this be the same bloke who you regularly ridiculed and questioned his honesty over the Barnard Castle trip? Just type Barnard Castle into the search bar on this thread and the posts are there.
Mind you he’s singing from your hymn sheet now so alls honest and above board, glorious!

I thought Cummings testimony was relatively innocuous (he was too busy defending his back passage). It’s all the other testimony that is seriously exposing what a vile creature Boris is.

Just a pity Boris can’t find his messages, I’m sure they would vindicate him😂
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#14607 User is online   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 31 October 2023 - 07:16 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 31 October 2023 - 06:17 PM, said:

Please don't embarrass yourself like this, pal.

Cummings lied through his teeth over his Barnard Castle lawbreaking. Jaw droppingly so. As I'm sure was recognised by every non Bozo cultist on here.

But if we're revisiting what folk said back then, shall we also focus on your posts? Which I'm equally sure went something like 'I believe him/who cares anyway/would be worse under Labour'.

Either way there's one unavoidable fact emerging: many around Johnson - not just Cummins - were saying in private what many observers were saying in public. The man was a "shopping trolley", a blithering buffoon crashing around without any real purpose and leaving a trail of chaos behind him. Worse still he refused to take the virus seriously, believed he could bluff and bluster and blagg his way through it, then was at least incompetent or at worst criminally callous.

Inevitably resulting in countless unnecessary deaths.

Look, mate; I get how deep the hole you've dug yourself into with these years of championing the ex Etonian really is. However as a mate it's still not too late to accept how wrong you've been and admit his corruptions. Moral, financial, personal and political.

Alexander Boris DePheffel Johnson is already disgraced. Damaged beyond hope of return. To the point of possibly/hopefully facing charges at some future date. Okay, those who've invested so much in him might still pay obscene amounts to peddle his egotistical delusions. But seriously - don't become one of a dwindling number of denial quoting cranks nodding mindlessly in agreement to them...

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 31 October 2023 - 07:25 PM

#14608 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 31 October 2023 - 07:25 PM

Mate you can embarrass me and look back through my old posts and quote them all you want it really wouldn’t bother me at all or make any difference. All I’m saying is you thought Cummings was lying then but now his words gospel. I find that curious.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 31 October 2023 - 07:27 PM

#14609 User is online   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 31 October 2023 - 08:11 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 31 October 2023 - 07:25 PM, said:

Mate you can embarrass me and look back through my old posts and quote them all you want it really wouldn’t bother me at all or make any difference. All I’m saying is you thought Cummings was lying then but now his words gospel. I find that curious.

Awww, mate, this is beyond desperate.

As it was when you tried the same tactic during Cummings' 'Partygate' revelations.

It wasn't me who said they were "gospel", it was Boris the Liar's previous. Followed by the Old Bill. Then followed by a cross party Parliamentary committee.

Before finally being followed by most the country and his own MP's.

And now it's not me saying the current stuff is "gospel" either. It's again Johnson's previous. Alongside those closest to him. Alongside more or less everyone else who's given evidence, too.

So sorry pal, but sticking fingers in ears, squeezing eyes tight shut and accusing others of some sorta double standards isn't gonna make the last few years go away...

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 31 October 2023 - 08:13 PM

#14610 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 31 October 2023 - 09:49 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 31 October 2023 - 08:11 PM, said:

Awww, mate, this is beyond desperate.

As it was when you tried the same tactic during Cummings' 'Partygate' revelations.

It wasn't me who said they were "gospel", it was Boris the Liar's previous. Followed by the Old Bill. Then followed by a cross party Parliamentary committee.

Before finally being followed by most the country and his own MP's.

And now it's not me saying the current stuff is "gospel" either. It's again Johnson's previous. Alongside those closest to him. Alongside more or less everyone else who's given evidence, too.

So sorry pal, but sticking fingers in ears, squeezing eyes tight shut and accusing others of some sorta double standards isn't gonna make the last few years go away...

It’s not desperate, I post what view I want when I want, I don’t feel the need to appease folk, i don’t feel the need to have a captive audience, i don’t feel the need to stick rigidly to one agenda that can equally equate to digging yourself in a hole and making you look desperate, I can put fingers in ears, I can cover my eyes, nobody can change the past in whatever subject, I’m just happy to be able to recognise that. Ultimately I’m happy to be free of constraint, it’s a good place to be on here.

#14611 User is online   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 01 November 2023 - 06:48 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 31 October 2023 - 09:49 PM, said:

It’s not desperate, I post what view I want when I want, I don’t feel the need to appease folk, i don’t feel the need to have a captive audience, i don’t feel the need to stick rigidly to one agenda that can equally equate to digging yourself in a hole and making you look desperate, I can put fingers in ears, I can cover my eyes, nobody can change the past in whatever subject, I’m just happy to be able to recognise that. Ultimately I’m happy to be free of constraint, it’s a good place to be on here.

You could've replaced this entire reality defying outburst with three simple words.

I...was...wrong...

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 01 November 2023 - 06:51 AM

#14612 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 01 November 2023 - 07:23 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 01 November 2023 - 06:48 AM, said:

You could've replaced this entire reality defying outburst with three simple words.

I...was...wrong...

More chance of seeing a three legged green unicorn riding a unicycle singing rule brittania
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#14613 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 01 November 2023 - 08:40 AM

View Postfishini, on 01 November 2023 - 07:23 AM, said:

More chance of seeing a three legged green unicorn riding a unicycle singing rule brittania

You know me too well.

#14614 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2023 - 08:45 AM

Spending on the Covid-19 inquiry is running at over £1m a week.

Cumulative spend as of June 2023 is £38m.

Clearly one of the lessons of the pandemic won’t be ‘let’s not spaff money around like confetti’
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#14615 User is offline   Bobby Darling 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2023 - 09:00 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 31 October 2023 - 09:49 PM, said:

We have tussled on here but what little I know of your character suggests you’re way above Johnson as a person. Johnson is a horrible human being and that translates into his politics. Psychologically he has the profile of a psychopath. Like many psychopaths he conned a lot of people including several wives. Several intelligent posters on here blathered on about his ‘charisma”. You’re right, you’ve no need to be remiss about championing him in the past but at least despise the bloke now. He’s not very nice.

#14616 User is offline   dart in the crossbar 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2023 - 11:53 AM

View Postazul, on 31 October 2023 - 12:24 PM, said:

It will be interesting as this week progresses how the testimony at the enquiry maps onto what people were saying on this thread in the early stages.

The real box office will be Boris’ appearance. I’m expecting it will be an absolute train wreck. However I can’t wait for it to get into the dodgy contracts. That could do real damage to the government as opposed to just reminding people of the governmental chaos.

IMHO, there's a doctorate waiting for someone who tracks the changing focus of discussion changing views etc of the various posters on this thread and the moving general concensus. As a piece of social history, it's very much worthy of documenting. I'm not trying to be a smarta@@e by the way, I genuinely beleive this. It should be securely saved, at the very least.

The same poster, taking a different perspective on events.

April 1st

'Looking at the pictures of the Underground taken yesterday at Acton

Trains absolutely rammed, and they wonder why London is at the epicentre.

I’m sticking to one walk a day from my home where I can walk for an hour or two without seeing a soul, and these thick Londoners just out and about packed on trains spreading it

As per normal, London thinks it’s better than the rest of us '

#14617 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 01 November 2023 - 04:26 PM

View PostManfred Archie Mac Gerbil, on 29 October 2023 - 08:19 PM, said:

No I’m not anti vax at all, I’m a concerned citizen, concerned that over 3 years ago the public were coerced into taking an untested experimental vaccine and since time has passed plenty of otherwise fit healthy people are suddenly keeling over with cardiac arrests and suchlike.

The trouble with conspiracy theorists is that they feel superior and smarter than most people but just come over as rather foolish and egotistical
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#14618 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 01 November 2023 - 04:59 PM

View PostBobby Darling, on 01 November 2023 - 09:00 AM, said:

We have tussled on here but what little I know of your character suggests you’re way above Johnson as a person. Johnson is a horrible human being and that translates into his politics. Psychologically he has the profile of a psychopath. Like many psychopaths he conned a lot of people including several wives. Several intelligent posters on here blathered on about his ‘charisma”. You’re right, you’ve no need to be remiss about championing him in the past but at least despise the bloke now. He’s not very nice.

The one thing I will say, and this covid inquiry is as much about dog eat dog and face saving as it is about actually finding pity answers, he was the PM so the buck stopped with him.

#14619 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 01 November 2023 - 05:04 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 01 November 2023 - 04:59 PM, said:

The one thing I will say, and this covid inquiry is as much about dog eat dog and face saving as it is about actually finding pity answers, he was the PM so the buck stopped with him.

After championing the blonde Buffon for years will you now recognise he is a dispicable excuse for a human being?
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#14620 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 01 November 2023 - 05:15 PM

View Postfishini, on 01 November 2023 - 05:04 PM, said:

After championing the blonde Buffon for years will you now recognise he is a dispicable excuse for a human being?

I said the buck stopped with him during his time as PM, I don’t know the bloke personally, although I’d imagine he’d be good company over a bottle or two, so I can’t vouch for what he’s like personally, and tbh I don’t take much notice of a bloke like Cummings.

Share this topic:

• (733 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users