• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

British Boxing

#41 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 October 2016 - 10:48 PM

Cleverley is rubbish , never seen so many powderpuff punches he threw arm shots for 6 rounds and never sat down on a shot , he is a shot fighter that has stolen a world title and will be sparked out next time.
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#42 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:54 PM

Chisora every day of the week for me....bad call.
East stand second class citizen.

#43 User is offline   Spired 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:47 AM

re: Chisora v Whyte - Tough call i thought a draw - one of the best heavyweight fights i've seen in years. i expected it to be all grappling with foul play. Really enjoyable.

#44 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:04 AM

Whyte being a matchroom fighter probably decided it? Was a class fight anyway, chisora really rolled back the years and put it on him, loved it.

Whytes chin is one of the best in boxing
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#45 User is offline   NorthWalesSpireite 

• NorthWalesSpireite
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:07 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 10 December 2016 - 11:54 PM, said:

Chisora every day of the week for me....bad call.

Whyte's work rate and the odd big hit just edged it for me

#46 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 11 December 2016 - 02:51 PM

Chisora must've thought he was appearing at last week's WWE TLC PPV rather than the Anthony Joshua PPV in the press conference.
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#47 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2016 - 08:34 AM

View PostSpired, on 11 December 2016 - 12:47 AM, said:

re: Chisora v Whyte - Tough call i thought a draw - one of the best heavyweight fights i've seen in years. i expected it to be all grappling with foul play. Really enjoyable.

I also thought it was a draw

nowt to do with the £20 I had on the draw at 20/1

#48 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:36 PM

There's a story out today I've had to read through a couple of times to actually make sure I understood it!
I know Chris Eubank jnr put Nick Blackwell into a coma with concerns about his life earlier this year. I then read today that Blackwell had awoken from his coma and was making slow progress before having to undergo a further operation next year to replace part of his skull which was removed to relieve bleeding on his brian. I couldn't understand the time line.
Then it slowly dawned that this second, yes second coma, was caused by him illegally sparring under the guide of his trainer, after his initial injury with Eubank jnr..
I suppose some might back him, all I can say is...im disgusted. How many folk desperately need medical treatment for no fault of their own and then you read this..

#49 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 25 December 2016 - 05:02 PM

Merc, his former trainer knew nothing about this. Since the original accident, they have parted company and Blackwell himself has gained his trainers' license.

Blackwell was sparring with "his own" fighter on the understanding that punches would not be full force.

His former trainer has called this for what it is - idiocy - and has stayed away from making further comment, whilst others call for Blackwell's training license to be removed.

#50 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 26 December 2016 - 09:05 AM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 25 December 2016 - 05:02 PM, said:

Merc, his former trainer knew nothing about this. Since the original accident, they have parted company and Blackwell himself has gained his trainers' license.

Blackwell was sparring with "his own" fighter on the understanding that punches would not be full force.

His former trainer has called this for what it is - idiocy - and has stayed away from making further comment, whilst others call for Blackwell's training license to be removed.

I sure a trainer was suspended as well, although as you say, not his original one.

#51 User is offline   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tits!

Posted 22 January 2017 - 06:41 PM

ITV have now decided that the undercard will no longer be free on ITV4, the full card will be Box Office.

ITV have overestimated the Eubank name massively. This isn't the 90's anymore and Jr has already alienated the British public due to himself and his father. Reckon whoever runs this new itv boxing thinks the nation still loves Eubank Sr which is wrong. The casual man in the street will not buy this PPV. The only people that will are your die hard enthusiasts, local journos and the occasional few wanting to see what itv can offer. It'll bomb.

Last nights card was decent, well run and well put together. David Price & Duke McKenzie talking sense as analysts. Richie Woodhall on commentary knows his stuff. So they should of done a year of cards like that, then thrown a decent box office card together. They don't have the names yet. Matchroom has the A tier, Warren has the B tier and itv are gonna be presenting the C tier from leisure centres. Nothing wrong with that, until you start charging £10 and putting it on box office.
@ash_cfc89 - Against Modern Football

#52 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:45 PM

Anyone got a freeview linky thing
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#53 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:21 PM

Amir khan in pole position to fight manny pacquiao, after mp leaves to to his fans to choose with an online vote, poor old glass chin don't stand a chance.

This post has been edited by spireitetoo: 14 February 2017 - 06:22 PM

all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#54 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:57 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 14 February 2017 - 06:21 PM, said:

Amir khan in pole position to fight manny pacquiao, after mp leaves to to his fans to choose with an online vote, poor old glass chin don't stand a chance.

Khan will do anything to avoid Brook.

#55 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:39 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 14 February 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

Khan will do anything to avoid Brook.

Agreed.

I do think Manny has dodged him though. Despite the poll being overwhelmingly in favour of Khan, I think Manny won't want the Khan fight as Amir is too quick for him.
If only....

#56 User is offline   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:37 AM

View PostSkywalker, on 14 February 2017 - 07:39 PM, said:

Agreed.

I do think Manny has dodged him though. Despite the poll being overwhelmingly in favour of Khan, I think Manny won't want the Khan fight as Amir is too quick for him.

Manny is a good fight for Amir. He's slowing with age and hasn't shown any real knockout power in years to trouble AK's whiskers. MP v AK in Macau would be an absolute gold mine for the both of them.

AK has the worst advisors and people around him. He's an intelligent bloke who's made millions and millions but the Canelo fight was suicide. MP is certainly a winnable fight after MP deals with Jeff Horn.

Brook v Spence at Bramall Lane on May 27th will be confirmed this week or early next week for the IBF welter. If he comes through that, I'd love to see him fight the winner of Garcia/Thurman. Unfortunately for Brook, he's been so unlucky with massive fights falling through at the last hurdle. I wouldn't be surprised to see him beat Spence (be a fought fight!) and move up to fight Eubank JR.

#57 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:20 PM

Eubank has just fought at supermiddle, he is far too big for brook.Im slightly worried about Brook he seemed to down tools against Golovkin even though he had the eye injury, im even more worried about him making weight , he struggled before and since then has piled on muscle to fight golovkin, he will have to waste himself to lose another stone and the history of fighters dropping down in weight is very bad.Id make Spence the 1/2 fav with brook 6/4 but i do think spence has fought nomarks the last few times, a washed up algieri and a 42 year old bundu are hardly title challengers....tough tough fight

Eubank has just fought at supermiddle, he is far too big for brook.Im slightly worried about Brook he seemed to down tools against Golovkin even though he had the eye injury, im even more worried about him making weight , he struggled before and since then has piled on muscle to fight golovkin, he will have to waste himself to lose another stone and the history of fighters dropping down in weight is very bad.Id make Spence the 1/2 fav with brook 6/4 but i do think spence has fought nomarks the last few times, a washed up algieri and a 42 year old bundu are hardly title challengers....tough tough fight

#58 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:35 PM

Am i missing something or is julio cesar chavez jnr a massive price to beat cannello..6/1..he is about 5 inch bigger than cannello and has a lot bigger reach, he is not going to just curl up as its on mexicos national day
..i thought he would be 6/4

#59 User is offline   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:40 AM

View Postvet45, on 22 February 2017 - 08:35 PM, said:

Am i missing something or is julio cesar chavez jnr a massive price to beat cannello..6/1..he is about 5 inch bigger than cannello and has a lot bigger reach, he is not going to just curl up as its on mexicos national day
..i thought he would be 6/4

It depends on which Chavez JR turns up. He's a talented boxer, very talented but has the workrate and desire of a 30 stone pig. That being said, those close to him have said this is the hardest he has trained in years, and for once he is actually eating sleeping and breathing boxing. He's close to fight weight already too. 6/1 is a fair reflection based on previous attitude and training camp. Can he pull it off? Doubtful, but it'll be a decent fight with both pressing forwards.

#60 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:40 AM

As an aside Box Nation is now free to air for all BT sports pack customers.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users