Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: 10 More Rows On The Kop Or Filling A Corner - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

10 More Rows On The Kop Or Filling A Corner

#1 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 27 March 2024 - 07:59 AM

Wonder what’s more cost effective

There will be occasions next year when capacity is reached

Wonder where the cost to benefit threshold is
JRID

#2 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 27 March 2024 - 08:11 AM

View PostSearch & Destroy, on 27 March 2024 - 07:59 AM, said:

Wonder what's more cost effective

Wont happen till we regularly sell out as the cost is too prohibitive.
Discussions will start on ground expansion if it looks like we can get promoted to the championship is my guess.
Would like to see the South stand made like what Walsall have with a built in bar area that allows for Corporate income on non matchdays. This could add another 3000 on to capacity. Also increase the Esat stand size and include corporate boxes. All pie in the sky at the moment.
Have passport will travel

#3 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 March 2024 - 08:19 AM

I'd personally like us to fill in the corners at the South stand end (probably oly doable in SE corner due to police/stadium control box?) as that will help keep the noise in the ground better and make it feel like a proper stadium.

Probably the easiest thing to do I guess?

My absolute dream would be a bigger Kop, safe standing, the works and really make the atmosphere better.

#4 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 27 March 2024 - 08:32 AM

View PostCFC91, on 27 March 2024 - 08:19 AM, said:

I'd personally like us to fill in the corners at the South stand end (probably oly doable in SE corner due to police/stadium control box?) as that will help keep the noise in the ground better and make it feel like a proper stadium.

Probably the easiest thing to do I guess?

My absolute dream would be a bigger Kop, safe standing, the works and really make the atmosphere better.

I dont expect the answer im after but I might as well ask the question - Does anyone know of 3 people that sit together that are relocating from the kop next season? I totally misread the situation and didn't think it would sell out to season ticket holders.
Here we go again!

#5 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 27 March 2024 - 08:51 AM

View PostTrigger, on 27 March 2024 - 08:32 AM, said:

I dont expect the answer im after but I might as well ask the question - Does anyone know of 3 people that sit together that are relocating from the kop next season? I totally misread the situation and didn't think it would sell out to season ticket holders.

Just imagine 10 rows of safe standing at the top
JRID

#6 User is offline   jamie_bolsover 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Town n That, Rock Music, Punk, Folk Music, Ale, Whisky.

Posted 27 March 2024 - 08:52 AM

View PostSearch & Destroy, on 27 March 2024 - 07:59 AM, said:

Wonder what’s more cost effective

Neither are really cost effective - roof off for ten more rows and expensive corner fill - construction inflation has risen above standard inflation since stadium build.

We are a long way away from extending the stadium, as mentioned above, would need to be complete sell outs each week for a sustained period of time and not just end of season games.
"one day, we shall return"

#7 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2024 - 08:59 AM

View PostTrigger, on 27 March 2024 - 08:32 AM, said:

I think there will be some available, but you'll probably have to be bang on it the second those seats are released post the early bird deadline? I know of a couple of people moving out of the Kop (seats not together) because they attend with non ST holder mates and it's hard to get seats together, especially for those who only decide they can make the game last min

#8 User is online   gordon_brittas 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2024 - 09:16 AM

Not going to happen but I’d like to see to see a safe standing corner between the East Stand and Home Kop end.

Like posters have already said it would need every home game to sell out week after week which won’t happen unless we are challenging for promotion.
Management Accepts New Ideas And Criticism...When Im Managaging think MANIAC!!

#9 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 27 March 2024 - 09:17 AM

View PostCFC91, on 27 March 2024 - 08:59 AM, said:

I think there will be some available, but you'll probably have to be bang on it the second those seats are released post the early bird deadline? I know of a couple of people moving out of the Kop (seats not together) because they attend with non ST holder mates and it's hard to get seats together, especially for those who only decide they can make the game last min

Cheers. My lad and his mates won't sit anywhere else so his mates have said they just won't go. They like to make a bit of noise so would be wasted anywhere else in the ground anyway.
Here we go again!

#10 User is online   Looker-on 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2024 - 09:21 AM

A problem with extending the south stand may lie in the fact that that part of the ground suffers most with a lack of sun in freezing weather. You might not want to extend that part of the pitch that gets no sunshine. Better to extend the north stand and make that the kop, perhaps. As folk say, it won't happen until the rest of the ground is regularly filled.
It's nice to be able to Trust again.

#11 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2024 - 09:28 AM

View Postgordon_brittas, on 27 March 2024 - 09:16 AM, said:

Not going to happen but I’d like to see to see a safe standing corner between the East Stand and Home Kop end.

Like posters have already said it would need every home game to sell out week after week which won’t happen unless we are challenging for promotion.

I'd say it would possibly happen if we get promoted again.
L1 - possibly
Championship - definitely

#12 User is offline   LondonBlue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2024 - 09:54 AM

Would rather the Kop was extended upwards and back, creating a bigger end but maintaining the 4 sides. I like the fact our ground isn’t a bowl.

#13 User is online   azul 

• Legend

Posted 27 March 2024 - 10:00 AM

You can tell we have had a good season. Phil Kirk was joking about this in one of his recent interviews
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#14 User is offline   Zigsuk 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2024 - 10:15 AM

As I have said before these dreams of expanding the ground are pie in the sky even if we got into the second division or whatever they call it now. The stadium will rarely be sold out despite what people hope. Occasionally yes, but there will usually be 1 - 2 thousand seats regularly empty as our average max will be about 8000 discounting away support, and many of the fourth division clubs won't bring more than 500.
What really gets me about the stadium is that it is still listed as having a capacity of 10600 or 10400 or whatever but we all know it will never get 10000 again. What I'd like to know is why not. As far as I can recall there have been three gates of over 10k - Rotherham, Bury and Gillingham. Even the various games against the dee dahs didn't ever top 10. If they could do it then why not now? Was it the nonsense at the Bury game that kyboshed the capacity?

This post has been edited by Zigsuk: 27 March 2024 - 10:16 AM

#15 User is offline   Spireite93 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2024 - 10:29 AM

View PostZigsuk, on 27 March 2024 - 10:15 AM, said:

As I have said before these dreams of expanding the ground are pie in the sky even if we got into the second division or whatever they call it now. The stadium will rarely be sold out despite what people hope. Occasionally yes, but there will usually be 1 - 2 thousand seats regularly empty as our average max will be about 8000 discounting away support, and many of the fourth division clubs won't bring more than 500.
What really gets me about the stadium is that it is still listed as having a capacity of 10600 or 10400 or whatever but we all know it will never get 10000 again. What I'd like to know is why not. As far as I can recall there have been three gates of over 10k - Rotherham, Bury and Gillingham. Even the various games against the dee dahs didn't ever top 10. If they could do it then why not now? Was it the nonsense at the Bury game that kyboshed the capacity?

I might be wrong, but those 3 games you mention involved the away sides having the North Stand only, therefore no segregation anywhere around the ground with all available seats on sale. (Was this also the time that non attending season tickets were counted?)

The dee dah games, did they have the North and some of the East, so some segregation?

There is the front 3 rows to consider as well, they are very rarely available unless it's going to sell out with plenty of time to release them

#16 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 27 March 2024 - 10:41 AM

View PostZigsuk, on 27 March 2024 - 10:15 AM, said:

Mansfield was over 10k

Could have been Saturday without TV and if we could have just given BHW the top of N5 with netting below and another Town at the 100 bottom of N5
JRID

#17 User is offline   1982Spireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2024 - 10:44 AM

I think the first thing we need to do before we move to making stands bigger or filling corners in, is how we can better do segregation of fans. Is there anyway we can change the outlay of the North to allow us to host 50% home and 50% away. This way opening up the East and reducing the issues we see there now. With a lot less netting/empty seats.

#18 User is offline   Spireite93 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2024 - 11:04 AM

View Post1982Spireite, on 27 March 2024 - 10:44 AM, said:

I think the first thing we need to do before we move to making stands bigger or filling corners in, is how we can better do segregation of fans. Is there anyway we can change the outlay of the North to allow us to host 50% home and 50% away. This way opening up the East and reducing the issues we see there now. With a lot less netting/empty seats.

Were Boringwood met with the now customary free fairy cakes and a cuppa Saturday?

I don't think the North Stand can be segregated in this way due to the concourse not having anything to separate, the East Stand has built in the partition that can be closed to provide away fans their own facilities

#19 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2024 - 11:07 AM

This will never even be considered unless we are in the Championship for an extended period.

#20 User is offline   tedspireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2024 - 11:14 AM

When I went to club shop yesterday was some concrete steps getting unloaded from a lorry.anyone else see them .

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users