• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Kabby

#41 User is offline   1978blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Chesterfield Fc , Football in general . Music-Oasis , Queen and Pink Floyd. My Family and gardening.

Posted 01 February 2024 - 08:13 PM

View Postbucko, on 01 February 2024 - 08:08 PM, said:

Kabby should get a great reception when he returns. He was excellent for us and was in the form of his life until that shocking tackle.

IMO he would of broken all scoring records in a season and we would of been back in the EFL.

He deserved his move , its just a shame he's not got back to his best and may not do so again.

Agree with all that👍

#42 User is offline   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2024 - 08:13 PM

View Postdanblue, on 01 February 2024 - 08:07 PM, said:

From a CFC point of view, an unbelievable bit of business.

His goals per minutes was still really good and nobody could understand why he was only getting on for the last 20 mins of games when we had already passed opponents to death, it’s clear as day now what Cook was doing with him. We’ve robbed Peterborough.

#43 User is online   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2024 - 08:17 PM

View PostHoneyTrippa, on 01 February 2024 - 07:33 PM, said:

Whats the chance of him ending up at Oldham. Kabby and Dallas up front.

Not happy with six strikers (Norwood, Fondop, Reid, Willoughby, Dallas, Nuttall,) they’ve signed a 7th in Joe Garner.

#44 User is offline   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2024 - 08:20 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 01 February 2024 - 08:17 PM, said:

Not happy with six strikers (Norwood, Fondop, Reid, Willoughby, Dallas, Nuttall,) they’ve signed a 7th in Joe Garner.

35 year old Joe Garner. Was outstanding for PNE in the league 1 play offs season. Cook has managed all three of Norwood, Garner and obviously Dallas before, rest of their strikers are rubbish

#45 User is offline   LondonBlue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 01 February 2024 - 08:24 PM

View PostBlue5, on 01 February 2024 - 07:34 PM, said:

Putting to one side some of the stuff that went off, I still struggle with his performance when he came on against West Brom. Compare his 15 minute walkabout versus the impact our substitutions have had this year and I don't think I need to say anymore.

A lot of Kabby's colleagues realised very early on how Paul Cook and regular first team football could add value to their careers. The rest is history I'm afraid.

Agree with your point re. West Brom but I’m afraid to say he started the game and his pathetic stroll about was far longer than 15 minutes. It was only when we shoved Asante up top in the second half that we started to create chances.

#46 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2024 - 08:28 PM

View PostLondonBlue, on 01 February 2024 - 08:24 PM, said:

Agree with your point re. West Brom but I’m afraid to say he started the game and his pathetic stroll about was far longer than 15 minutes. It was only when we shoved Asante up top in the second half that we started to create chances.

I was on about the initial game up here.

#47 User is offline   LondonBlue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 01 February 2024 - 08:31 PM

View PostBlue5, on 01 February 2024 - 08:28 PM, said:

I was on about the initial game up here.

Ah, fair enough. The away game was even worse.

#48 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 01 February 2024 - 08:38 PM

Looks like desperation is setting in.
God I hate this league.

#49 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2024 - 09:04 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 01 February 2024 - 06:55 PM, said:

I wonder if it was the step up in training that he couldn't handle.
Berry said that the step up here from Macclesfield (yes, I know they're a good two leagues below us) was a lot to get his head around. Well, we don't know just how much JR concentrated on fitness so when Cooky eventually had the chance to work with him, he didn't have the effort in him. It would definitely be the same at Peterborough and Fleetwood in the EFL as well.

It's not hypocrosy when certain posters were saying whilst he was still here that he wasn't putting the efforts in.

Despite him being our leading scorer when he left and for a while afterward that season.

This post has been edited by dtp: 01 February 2024 - 09:24 PM

#50 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2024 - 09:22 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 01 February 2024 - 07:54 PM, said:

What did he give us? Promotion? A trip to Wembley?
Naff all. He scored lots of goals in a team that was built around him and when Cooky came in it wasn't going to be done that way and he couldn't (or wouldn't) put the efforts in to make it work for both parties.

It seems to me that certain fans/posters point to one, yes one, poor performance against West Brom and decide Kabby wasn’t putting the effort in. The team as a whole performed poorly that day. Every player I have ever watched play has had bad performances or gone missing. The same fans/posters readily disregard the fact that Kabby was still our top scorer for several weeks after he left that season which tends to suggest he wasn’t doing too badly in the minutes he played or that he wasn’t trying.

However, the injury he suffered was horrendous and I doubt he’ll ever get back to where he was before it. As such, put yourself in his place, and I’m pretty sure you would take the best offer available to you to try and gain some financial security having realised how quickly your career could be ended.

I’ve nothing but sympathy for the lad and wish him well. Luke Garrard knows him and his game well and if anyone is capable of nurturing Kabby along the way then he might be just that man.

#51 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 01 February 2024 - 10:42 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 01 February 2024 - 06:24 PM, said:

I feel a chant of Spireite reject would suffice.

I’ve nowt against Tshimanga.
These go to eleven.

#52 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 01 February 2024 - 10:47 PM

View Postdtp, on 01 February 2024 - 09:22 PM, said:

It seems to me that certain fans/posters point to one, yes one, poor performance against West Brom and decide Kabby wasn’t putting the effort in. The team as a whole performed poorly that day. Every player I have ever watched play has had bad performances or gone missing. The same fans/posters readily disregard the fact that Kabby was still our top scorer for several weeks after he left that season which tends to suggest he wasn’t doing too badly in the minutes he played or that he wasn’t trying.

However, the injury he suffered was horrendous and I doubt he’ll ever get back to where he was before it. As such, put yourself in his place, and I’m pretty sure you would take the best offer available to you to try and gain some financial security having realised how quickly your career could be ended.

I’ve nothing but sympathy for the lad and wish him well. Luke Garrard knows him and his game well and if anyone is capable of nurturing Kabby along the way then he might be just that man.

Completely agree. The ignorant criticism of his 'attitude' is purely subjective and absolutely disgraceful, and I will be applauding him if he appears against us, as well as wishing him a full recovery from his horrendous injuries.

#53 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 01 February 2024 - 10:50 PM

Has Neil Warnock gone back there?
These go to eleven.

#54 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 01 February 2024 - 10:54 PM

Willoughby has joined Ayr United on loan for the rest of the season. He’ll probably do well there. Not scored at Oldham at all despite high expectations.
These go to eleven.

#55 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 01 February 2024 - 10:54 PM

View Postsophocles, on 01 February 2024 - 10:47 PM, said:

Completely agree. The ignorant criticism of his 'attitude' is purely subjective and absolutely disgraceful, and I will be applauding him if he appears against us, as well as wishing him a full recovery from his horrendous injuries.

I thought his treatment of cfc was disgraceful.
East stand second class citizen.

#56 User is offline   Jud 

• One Club Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2024 - 12:39 AM

It's probably not a huge exaggeration to say that things ended a little sour with Kabby, but I absolutely hold no grudges. If I'd any specific emotion where hes concerned, it'd probably be pity. I can't think of any ex Town players that I'd actively deride, to be honest. Gerrard, maybe. Although, to be fair, we're unlikely to ever see him on a football pitch unless he was walking across it to an ice cream van parked on the other side.
"Tha'd have known if l'd got hold o' thee...."

#57 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2024 - 12:43 AM

Can’t see how anyone could think bad of Kabby

He was amazing and then got a horrific injury, wasn’t the same when he came back and to be fair we were lucky to get the fee we did for him

Hope the lad does well and can get back to his best and if he plays against us he deserves a decent reception

#58 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 02 February 2024 - 04:31 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 01 February 2024 - 10:54 PM, said:

I thought his treatment of cfc was disgraceful.

Good example of the ignorance and subjective judgement I was referring to. I have a feeling that such an attitude is held by a small minority of fans, and will be drowned out by a large majority if and when he appears at our stadium.

#59 User is offline   Brookie 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My Dad took me to my first game at Saltergate age 5, he never did say what I'd done wrong, been hooked ever since

Posted 02 February 2024 - 08:05 AM

Kabby is a good goal poacher but for me his problem is that he does not put a shift in for the team which means he would never fit into a Paul Cook side. That attitude prevented him from getting a chance at higher grade football earlier in his career and has ultimately found him out.
Compare Kabby to Grigg who drags defenders around making space for his teammates to exploit as well as steadily chipping in with goals, I know who I would rather have in the team.

This post has been edited by Brookie: 02 February 2024 - 08:06 AM

#60 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 02 February 2024 - 08:09 AM

View PostBrookie, on 02 February 2024 - 08:05 AM, said:

Kabby is a good goal poacher but for me his problem is that he does not put a shift in for the team which means he would never fit into a Paul Cook side. That attitude prevented him from getting a chance at higher grade football earlier in his career and has ultimately found him out.
Compare Kabby to Grigg who drags defenders around making space for his teammates to exploit as well as steadily chipping in with goals, I know who I would rather have in the team.

Couldn’t disagree more with this. Tshimanga used to play up top on his own and run the channels. Obviously he phoned it in towards the end but pre-injury he was the definition of a grafter.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users