Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Head Of Recruitment - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Head Of Recruitment Interviews next week

#61 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:56 PM

View Postjack bauer, on 28 March 2017 - 09:34 PM, said:

quite liked lemon as a player, found this https://www.youtube....h?v=D9Zt3TzlTyw

Didn't he win goal of the season with a long range strike against Doncaster?
Have passport will travel

#62 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:58 PM

View PostBenno Spire, on 28 March 2017 - 09:56 PM, said:

Didn't he win goal of the season with a long range strike against Doncaster?

Didn't he also score a worldie against Barnet?

#63 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:59 PM

I'd hazard a guess that this position was what Mark Rankine was here for at the weekend.

#64 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:22 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 28 March 2017 - 09:58 PM, said:

Didn't he also score a worldie against Barnet?

The away strike at Doncaster was the only highlight in a game where the majority of town fans were more interested in the noise coming from Donny racecourse where a Dragster rally was taking place!
East stand second class citizen.

#65 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:17 PM

Another good interview by Karen:

http://chesterfieldp...c_00001325.html

From that I have my doubts if Branston has done his homework on the club and some of the individuals currently involved.

Secondly, as an ex player like Turner, will he be able to calculate the liability of a contract offer before a player is presented with it? I have my doubts.

Given that AC was looking for someone who wasn't agent friendly, appointing GB surely goes against that given his background. Perhaps the club could confirm if Branston has severed all agent related roles and whether or not he will continue to be registered as an intermediary.

This post has been edited by freelander2: 03 April 2017 - 01:19 PM

#66 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:55 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 03 April 2017 - 01:17 PM, said:

Another good interview by Karen:

http://chesterfieldp...c_00001325.html

From that I have my doubts if Branston has done his homework on the club and some of the individuals currently involved.

Secondly, as an ex player like Turner, will he be able to calculate the liability of a contract offer before a player is presented with it? I have my doubts.

Given that AC was looking for someone who wasn't agent friendly, appointing GB surely goes against that given his background. Perhaps the club could confirm if Branston has severed all agent related roles and whether or not he will continue to be registered as an intermediary.

Yep, good interview.
I'm getting a strong vibe from that that he's inherited a contractual mess. Well there's a surprise then.

This post has been edited by dim view: 03 April 2017 - 01:55 PM

Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#67 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:18 PM

Joe Rawson's interview from Peak FM
https://audioboom.co..._source=twitter

#68 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:26 PM

So listening to this it was Caldwell's decision to appoint Branston. Perhaps the Manager can confirm that.

Then much of what he says suggests he's actually adopting Turner's role. Overseeing scouting? Contracts? Admin? PR? Youth? So exactly what experience or qualifications does he possess for that role? Is knowledge of accountancy and business amongst them? Or is Carson just repeating the same costly mistakes of the past.

And is it true Branston was, perhaps still is closely associated with an agency? Someone in a prominent position at CFC once again facing a possible conflict of interest? I believe that needs watching very, very carefully.

He also skipped pretty quickly over his time at Notts - fifteen months when he allegedly recruited sixteen players all of whom had then to be paid off. Were any of those players from that agency?

To his credit he makes many positive noises about the Club, but I couldn't help feeling it was the kinda 'presentation-speak' he referred to at the top of the interview.

Oh, and by the way; the Crooked Spire isn't a chapel, Guy.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#69 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:31 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 03 April 2017 - 02:26 PM, said:

So listening to this it was Caldwell's decision to appoint Branston. Perhaps the Manager can confirm that.

Then much of what he says suggests he's actually adopting Turner's role. Overseeing scouting? Contracts? Admin? PR? Youth? So exactly what experience or qualifications does he possess for that role? Is knowledge of accountancy and business amongst them? Or is Carson just repeating the same costly mistakes of the past.

And is it true Branston was, perhaps still is closely associated with an agency? Someone in a prominent position at CFC once again facing a possible conflict of interest? I believe that needs watching very, very carefully.

He also skipped pretty quickly over his time at Notts - fifteen months when he allegedly recruited sixteen players all of whom had then to be paid off. Were any of those players from that agency?

To his credit he makes many positive noises about the Club, but I couldn't help feeling it was the kinda 'presentation-speak' he referred to at the top of the interview.

One of the biggest donkeys ever to be seen at Saltergate. I can remember him completely seeing the red mist after baiting from the crowd!
"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

#70 User is offline   brockwell-spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:44 PM

One of the plus points with Paul Lemon was I believe he has been working in accountancy for a while alongside scouting which might have proved useful.

#71 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:52 PM

Like you, I'm a bit puzzled how we can make the Director of Football post redundant and then create a Director of Recruitment and Development. It will be interesting to see if Turner complains.

Does the 'Development' bit imply that Branston is going to manage Mark Smith and his section?

What is the name of the Agency you refer to?

#72 User is offline   Zorro 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:54 PM

View Postbrockwell-spireite, on 03 April 2017 - 02:44 PM, said:

One of the plus points with Paul Lemon was I believe he has been working in accountancy for a while alongside scouting which might have proved useful.

Paul Lemon was a smokescreen, AC put it out that Paul Lemon was favourite to be appointed, I might think the same happened with Tony Mowbray before GC was appointed. I wouldn't dismiss the idea that certain individuals have received text messages and 'gossip' to trap the individual when the story appears on here or Fb. I wonder who is holding the text messages ;)

Z
"You've never had it so good!!!"

#73 User is offline   Zorro 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:56 PM

View Postdim view, on 03 April 2017 - 02:52 PM, said:

Like you, I'm a bit puzzled how we can make the Director of Football post redundant and then create a Director of Recruitment and Development. It will be interesting to see if Turner complains.

Does the 'Development' bit imply that Branston is going to manage Mark Smith and his section?

What is the name of the Agency you refer to?

I thought Guy Branston was a member of Lee Philpotts team at LPM Football Agents.

Z
"You've never had it so good!!!"

#74 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:57 PM

Here we go: http://www.lpm-footballagents.com/

Guy Branston is clearly listed as a member of the LPM 'team'.

#75 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 03 April 2017 - 03:03 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 03 April 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

Here we go: http://www.lpm-footballagents.com/

Guy Branston is clearly listed as a member of the LPM 'team'.

Ta.
I see he has provided an email address. Could we all prevail on your good self to ask him directly how he will handle conflict of interest?

#76 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 03 April 2017 - 03:57 PM

View PostZorro, on 03 April 2017 - 02:56 PM, said:

I thought Guy Branston was a member of Lee Philpotts team at LPM Football Agents.

Z

Here we B****Y go again, are there any jobs in football where self interest cannot be manipulated.
God I hate this league.

#77 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 03 April 2017 - 03:58 PM

View Postdim view, on 03 April 2017 - 03:03 PM, said:

Ta.
I see he has provided an email address. Could we all prevail on your good self to ask him directly how he will handle conflict of interest?

No problem. Done. Though please understand any reply will be confidential unless GB states otherwise.

#78 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:00 PM

Which would have ruled him out of course.

#79 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:04 PM

AC would have panicked when PL posted on Facebook about his interview so would have worries that he had loose lips, is my guess why he was overlooked, but also think rumours could have been deliberately sent out to identify leaks.
The truth is out there but some people are scared of the truth
Have passport will travel

#80 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:17 PM

View PostBenno Spire, on 03 April 2017 - 04:04 PM, said:

AC would have panicked when PL posted on Facebook about his interview so would have worries that he had loose lips, is my guess why he was overlooked, but also think rumours could have been deliberately sent out to identify leaks.
The truth is out there but some people are scared of the truth

Agree, an error of judgment for PL to do that, sad that he let his enthusiasm for the job get the better of him.

Carson said on Twitter saturday night GB got the nod because he had better contacts. Somebody pointed out AC being one of them (GB is one of AC'S 35 Facebook friends) which resulted drew a "???"

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users