Woking Fc Tv coverage

#21 User is offline   OneDecentLester 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 August 2023 - 10:14 AM

Brookie, on 17 August 2023 - 09:58 AM, said:

I note Oxford haven’t released highlights yet which is probably why we have not

Rochdale played them Saturday and published the highlights on their YouTube on the Sunday, a full day before Oxford did, so I don’t think that’s the case, we’re just slow getting stuff out. I’m not sure why people are getting all defensive over people saying that, it’s a very fair criticism.

#22 User is offline   SpireRam 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2023 - 10:26 AM

moondog, on 17 August 2023 - 09:00 AM, said:

Our head of media is part time

Made this point before but it's an absolute shambles that a club of our size doesn't have a full-time communications manager. Even Solihull have one ffs.

It's one of the first things I'd have done if I was the Kirks. There's no consistency with our communication both internally and externally and at times can look very unprofessional.

FWIW I think the young lads do a great job and are only part-time so this isn't a pop at them, it's the overall structure.

This post has been edited by SpireRam: 17 August 2023 - 10:27 AM

#23 User is offline   OneDecentLester 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2023 - 10:33 AM

SpireRam, on 17 August 2023 - 10:26 AM, said:

Made this point before but it's an absolute shambles that a club of our size doesn't have a full-time communications manager. Even Solihull have one ffs.

It's one of the first things I'd have done if I was the Kirks. There's no consistency with our communication both internally and externally and at times can look very unprofessional.

FWIW I think the young lads do a great job and are only part-time so this isn't a pop at them, it's the overall structure.

Completely agree

#24 User is offline   prolurker 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2023 - 10:37 AM

SpireRam, on 17 August 2023 - 10:26 AM, said:

I HATE this expression so I'm sorry in advance, but that position is still a 'job for the boys'

#25 User is offline   Surrey Spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2023 - 10:47 AM

Toddhopper., on 17 August 2023 - 10:03 AM, said:

God forbid anyone has to wait for ANYTHING these days!

We know there is no patience.

You only have to look at some of the regs on here...

"Greggs is crap, he hasn't scored 10 after 3 games" kinda mentality.

#26 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2023 - 10:49 AM

Nah it's not even about patience, it's comparing the resource we have vs other clubs at our level and asking why we are unable to do something as simple as taking a highlights package and uploading it to the club's YouTube channel. Stop this backwards mentality, if other clubs with lesser resources do it, we should be able to do it. Simple as that.

#27 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 17 August 2023 - 10:50 AM

Toddhopper., on 17 August 2023 - 10:03 AM, said:

God forbid anyone has to wait for ANYTHING these days!

What I'd be happy with is a simple tweet (or whatever it's called) or announcement on 1866 after a match saying what the timeline for putting highlights and interviews up will be. I'm quite prepared to accept that different obstacles arise, delaying production. Footage for one friendly never did appear, which is a shame because the dialogue on here about the game got a bit feisty and a decent debate would have ensued.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#28 User is online   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 17 August 2023 - 11:02 AM

Goku, on 17 August 2023 - 10:49 AM, said:

Nah it's not even about patience, it's comparing the resource we have vs other clubs at our level and asking why we are unable to do something as simple as taking a highlights package and uploading it to the club's YouTube channel. Stop this backwards mentality, if other clubs with lesser resources do it, we should be able to do it. Simple as that.

Exactly. The aim should be to be the best in the league in all areas. Highlights videos are an ideal channel to showcase what this club has to offer.

#29 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 17 August 2023 - 11:21 AM

Goku, on 17 August 2023 - 10:49 AM, said:

It's not even club v club resources anymore, young kids with their phones are creating superior content and discussion points etc.

The club in many ways still think it's 1993 which when you look at those in charge is no massive surprise.

Certainly when Man United needed a new Chief Exec, running a local Spar was top of their wishlist.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#30 User is offline   ronpowellsbutler 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Irony

Posted 17 August 2023 - 12:37 PM

On there now !

#31 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 17 August 2023 - 12:38 PM

For Saturday matches there is an embargo until the TNT Sports highlights show has finished before any highlights are allowed to be put out.
If we are away, we are reliant on getting the footage from the home club to produce the highlights.

#32 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 17 August 2023 - 12:40 PM

Highlights now available on Oxford's YT: https://www.youtube....h?v=amLHEKORvjU

#33 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 17 August 2023 - 01:02 PM

Goku, on 17 August 2023 - 12:40 PM, said:

Highlights now available on Oxford's YT: https://www.youtube....h?v=amLHEKORvjU

what a poor goal to concede. Our defence had plenty of time to reorganise after Palmer's error. That's twice now that our subtle plan for Naylor to drop into the back 4 when Grimes isn't in position has failed. Is Baldrick on the payroll?
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#34 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 17 August 2023 - 01:07 PM

dim view, on 17 August 2023 - 01:02 PM, said:

what a poor goal to concede. Our defence had plenty of time to reorganise after Palmer's error. That's twice now that our subtle plan for Naylor to drop into the back 4 when Grimes isn't in position has failed. Is Baldrick on the payroll?

You'd expect somebody with Naylor's experience to look around and position himself better before the cross comes in. Disappointing.

#35 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 17 August 2023 - 01:16 PM

valemadness, on 17 August 2023 - 12:38 PM, said:

For Saturday matches there is an embargo until the TNT Sports highlights show has finished before any highlights are allowed to be put out.

I'm fairly sure that doesnt apply anymore, also we are talking about highlights from a Tuesday night.

I think you need another operation. I know a few surgeons who would be happy to remove your lips from the club's ring piece.

#36 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

Posted 17 August 2023 - 01:22 PM

Town_Fan, on 17 August 2023 - 01:16 PM, said:

I'm fairly sure that doesnt apply anymore, also we are talking about highlights from a Tuesday night.

I think you need another operation. I know a few surgeons who would be happy to remove your lips from the club's ring piece.

There’s really no need to be so insulting. Pathetic.

As they say if you resort to insults…
"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

#37 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 17 August 2023 - 01:35 PM

s42blue, on 17 August 2023 - 01:22 PM, said:

There’s really no need to be so insulting. Pathetic.

As they say if you resort to insults…

It's not an insult just highlighting those who pathetically defend the club no matter what. Of course its in here interest to, she's just admitted the club have sorted her out with some special tickets for Altrincham.

Bet she didn't have to email the club and hope for a response.

#38 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

Posted 17 August 2023 - 01:53 PM

Town_Fan, on 17 August 2023 - 01:35 PM, said:

It's not an insult just highlighting those who pathetically defend the club no matter what. Of course its in here interest to, she's just admitted the club have sorted her out with some special tickets for Altrincham.

Bet she didn't have to email the club and hope for a response.

Really? Surgeon, lips, ring piece….

Or it looks like VM offered the options how to get what you require. If I were her I wouldn’t bother trying to help you.
"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

#39 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 17 August 2023 - 02:30 PM

s42blue, on 17 August 2023 - 01:53 PM, said:

Really? Surgeon, lips, ring piece….

Or it looks like VM offered the options how to get what you require. If I were her I wouldn’t bother trying to help you.

She doesnt help, she twists the truth to fit a pro club rhetoric. She's wrong half the time anyway, she's literally in this thread saying incorrect things about Vanarama highlight policy.

We now see the reason she does this, the club sort her out with special tickets. This has been my point from the start, why are you so keen to defend the club having their favourites? Is your nose in the trough also?.

#40 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 August 2023 - 02:43 PM

Town_Fan, on 17 August 2023 - 02:30 PM, said:

She doesnt help, she twists the truth to fit a pro club rhetoric. She's wrong half the time anyway, she's literally in this thread saying incorrect things about Vanarama highlight policy.

We now see the reason she does this, the club sort her out with special tickets. This has been my point from the start, why are you so keen to defend the club having their favourites? Is your nose in the trough also?.

Stop being a bell end, lad.

Share this topic:

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users