• You cannot reply to this topic

Dear Danny.

#61 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 October 2016 - 08:20 PM

View PostBenno Spire, on 23 October 2016 - 08:09 PM, said:

Are the players responding to Danny? Has he still got the dressing room?

We lack height, pace and muscle and then throw in no creativity in the middle and that's somewhere where we are

This post has been edited by Ernie Ernie Ernie: 23 October 2016 - 08:22 PM

#62 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 23 October 2016 - 08:29 PM

View Postdtp, on 23 October 2016 - 05:13 PM, said:

The multi-million striker should have buried his header from a peach of a cross delivered by Ariyibi in the first half and that might just have made a difference to the result.

Same striker slipped on his backside when another chance came his way late on, however, this chance was to late to make any difference.

We were outclassed by a team full of confidence - I can accept that.

What I struggle to accept was the performance of the officials which simply wasn't good enough and I am surprised that nobody else appears to have mentioned this as the referee came in for quite a bit of abuse during the game.

Unfortunately, for me, the previous match I attended was against Gillingham and it seemed in that game that the man in the middle was on a mission to deny us the 3 points we thoroughly deserved.

Anderson blatantly had his shirt pulled for quite a period of time in the penalty area yesterday but the official only chose to see Tom break loose and call that a foul, yet, for the slightest of "pulls" against Gillingham hawkeye in the middle couldn't wait to give a penalty when not a single player on their side was appealing for it. No wonder players and fans get frustrated with such inconsistencies.

There were a couple of other incidents in their penalty area, yesterday, which I dread to think what the referee's decision would have been if it had been in our box - these concerned the 2 occasions when Donohue and Ariyibi went down. In the middle of the park we saw a two-handed push in the back ignored followed by Madden handling the ball after the slightest of contacts from Hird given as a foul to them. Sorry, but I expect better from the officials.

if these things truly balance themselves out then we have a lot of decisions in the Bank to come our way already this season.

The officiating was very poor yesterday Dawson got away with a hell of alot and clearly subbed at the right time (homework done on the ref)
The major decision the ref got wrong amongst many, was prior to the free kick leading to their first goal we SHOULD have had a free kick in font of the dugouts for a for a double aerial challange on Liddle. I've no idea what he (ref) was looking at, unfortunately neither did one or two of our players, leaving us slightly off the pace resulting in conceding the fatel free kick. Oh well these things even themselves out
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#63 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:59 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 23 October 2016 - 03:11 PM, said:

Anyone like to try and give a positive of Danny leaving - think you'll struggle.

Now the dust has settled I'm going to bump this question to see if anyone has got a sensible answer.
God I hate this league.

#64 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:34 PM

From a quote in today's The Sun match report Danny Wilson said "It could be me that falls by the wayside"

Is Danny starting to realise what a pickle this is becoming?

#65 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:35 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 24 October 2016 - 01:59 PM, said:

Now the dust has settled I'm going to bump this question to see if anyone has got a sensible answer.

He's not going anywhere Dave... Well, not yet. IF and when he does, CM will be given the job and I'm not sure what that will achieve.
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#66 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:51 PM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 24 October 2016 - 02:35 PM, said:

He's not going anywhere Dave... Well, not yet. IF and when he does, CM will be given the job and I'm not sure what that will achieve.

If Danny goes Morgan has too as well, he's not very popular with the fans.Robinson would be a good shout for me even with the squad of players we have available.
lindave

#67 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:57 PM

View Postlindave, on 24 October 2016 - 03:51 PM, said:

If Danny goes Morgan has too as well, he's not very popular with the fans.Robinson would be a good shout for me even with the squad of players we have available.

I couldn't see Robinson coming here. At MK he had good money to spend/use. He'd be looking at a similar size club either bottom half championship to try push on or a 'sleeping giant' say like Pompy/Coventry kinda of thing- where cash available, bigish crowd and potential to push on.

#68 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 24 October 2016 - 04:02 PM

View Postdanblue, on 24 October 2016 - 03:57 PM, said:

I couldn't see Robinson coming here. At MK he had good money to spend/use. He'd be looking at a similar size club either bottom half championship to try push on or a 'sleeping giant' say like Pompy/Coventry kinda of thing- where cash available, bigish crowd and potential to push on.

Robinson's stock is much higher than a L1/L2 yo yo club

#69 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 24 October 2016 - 04:38 PM

Given talk at the time said Evans' signing was very much down to DW, who'd maintained a relationship with him throughout his jail time, how much of a factor will that be in any equation?
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#70 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:28 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 24 October 2016 - 04:38 PM, said:

Given talk at the time said Evans' signing was very much down to DW, who'd maintained a relationship with him throughout his jail time, how much of a factor will that be in any equation?

He''s rock solid safe. Now can we keep to my point, has anyone got a positive to DW exiting the club.

This post has been edited by Dave In Footie Heaven: 24 October 2016 - 06:28 PM

God I hate this league.

#71 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:29 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 24 October 2016 - 06:28 PM, said:

He''s rock solid safe. Now can we keep to my point, has anyone got a positive to DW exiting the club.

Clubs normally win the next game following s mangers exit?
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#72 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:20 PM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 24 October 2016 - 06:29 PM, said:

Clubs normally win the next game following s mangers exit?

Come on people, there were direct calls on here to sack Danny. Will those posters tell us your reasoning for that call and how that is a positive move.

No one's offered a positive yet, only attempted humour.
God I hate this league.

#73 User is offline   baldyblu 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:35 PM

I'll give you a reason why he should go.his signings have failed to do the business.liddle,his marquee signing is one of the worst midfielders ever to wear a town shirt,Mitchell,Nolan,Dennis,Anderson,Filton all dw signings.also where's the ability to motivate these under performing players.dont give me the injury card,Anderson Lloyd clubs have injuries.hes gotta go my friend.

All clubs that should say (stupid predictive text)

#74 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:38 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 24 October 2016 - 07:20 PM, said:

Come on people, there were direct calls on here to sack Danny. Will those posters tell us your reasoning for that call and how that is a positive move.

No one's offered a positive yet, only attempted humour.

There isn't a positive, unless he walks we can't afford to pay him off. I think if the situation continues as it is, he will resign

#75 User is offline   BlueDay 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:42 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 22 October 2016 - 06:58 PM, said:

I'm old enough to remember you earning the reputation of Town legend as a player.

I've seen you in Town often enough to understand what a friendly, approachable and dignified bloke you are.

Your reputation as a manager speaks for itself, only enhanced by rescuing us last season.

And now the time has come to perform one last service on behalf of our club and the town it represents.

Please resign.

Not because I doubt your ability, not because I blame you for our current plight and certainly not because I dislike you as a person.

Resign because it would focus attention upon the people really responsible for the shambles on Sheffield Road.

Those who've overseen bewildering losses, scandal after scandal, the club's name being dragged into the gutter and only a litany of >ahem< 'contradictions' to explain it.

You don't deserve them, mate, but more than that they don't deserve the quiet, decent professionalism you embody.

100% CFC; 100% DW; 0% Turner & Co.

3 words - "Wow, spot on!"

#76 User is offline   BlueDay 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:46 PM

View Postmartatcross, on 23 October 2016 - 09:07 AM, said:

After 47 years of Chesterfield I have never felt more detached from the club. The senior management are about to ruin the club they don't listen and don't care. I am a shareholder bought with money I couldn't afford when our team needed it's fans. Sadly I believe we are further back now than we were then.

Ditto on all those points, except for me 46 years!

#77 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:55 PM

View Postbaldyblu, on 24 October 2016 - 07:35 PM, said:

I'll give you a reason why he should go.his signings have failed to do the business.liddle,his marquee signing is one of the worst midfielders ever to wear a town shirt,Mitchell,Nolan,Dennis,Anderson,Filton all dw signings.also where's the ability to motivate these under performing players.dont give me the injury card,Anderson Lloyd clubs have injuries.hes gotta go my friend.

All clubs that should say (stupid predictive text)

You are missing the point - we sack DW and have to pay him off. We then replace BUT WE ARE LEFT WITH THE SAME SQUAD.

Where''s the positive in that.
God I hate this league.

#78 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:58 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 24 October 2016 - 07:55 PM, said:

You are missing the point - we sack DW and have to pay him off. We then replace BUT WE ARE LEFT WITH THE SAME SQUAD.

Where''s the positive in that.

Just a question David, did you say the same thing, this time last season?

#79 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 25 October 2016 - 10:13 AM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 24 October 2016 - 07:58 PM, said:

Just a question David, did you say the same thing, this time last season?

Expand on that.
God I hate this league.

#80 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 25 October 2016 - 03:06 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 25 October 2016 - 10:13 AM, said:

Expand on that.

Did you say the same last December about Dean Saunders what you are saying now about Danny Wilson? I.E. did you say the following last year?

We sack DS and have to pay him off. We then replace BUT WE ARE LEFT WITH THE SAME SQUAD.

Where''s the positive in that?

This post has been edited by Spire-Heights: 25 October 2016 - 03:08 PM

Share this topic:

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users