• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Beer, town, decent boozers

Posted 23 December 2023 - 12:23 PM

View PostSearch & Destroy, on 23 December 2023 - 12:01 PM, said:

Why wouldn't they open it?

There's the other half of E3 too I think

I agree, but stewarding, first aiders, etc etc will no doubt be a concern. Just playing devil’s advocate here…I don’t know why they don’t open em up sooner.

#23 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 December 2023 - 01:03 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 22 December 2023 - 10:39 PM, said:

A starting point is that attendances across all leagues have been showing an increase year on year.
But there is no doubt this is some of the best times we’ve had in years. The football and entertainment is off the scale.

Since Covid attendances are up, but for us the DA AC exit has been a big factor.
God I hate this league.

#24 User is offline   Jud 

• One Club Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 December 2023 - 01:04 PM

View PostExharboroughspireite, on 23 December 2023 - 08:01 AM, said:

The community trust with their frequent adult for £10 and kids for £3 is a really good idea to attract younger supporters. I coach an u8 side and half of them watch town on a regular basis. All have town kits and other merchandise. It's good for the future.

I'm ao glad they're providing these kind of offers. I do wonder whether, as we get older, do we forget what it was that made us Town fans? My mates growing up in the 90s tended to be either Man Utd fans or the offspring of Wednesday or Blades fans, which was understandably passed on to them like some kind of inherited ailment. Few of them ever went to games, of course. What got me hooked was seeing Town play and even though we lost that first game, that was me. I know we're battling against bigger monsters these days what with you being able to follow Man City on TikTok and whatnot, but nothing claims the footballing hearts of youngsters like actually going to games. Offers to get the kids in should be an absolute no-brainer and kudos to those in charge for looking at the big picture.
"Tha'd have known if l'd got hold o' thee...."

#25 User is offline   gordon_brittas 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 December 2023 - 01:05 PM

Just a thought, any chance of a portacabin with toilets and catering for away fans near the score board, and block the entrance back on the concourse to away so home has all the stand? Means the segregation could be moved really tight in when the travelling numbers are less than 100?
Management Accepts New Ideas And Criticism...When Im Managaging think MANIAC!!

#26 User is offline   HaslandBlue58 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:CFC,Travel,Real Ale,Music

Posted 23 December 2023 - 06:37 PM

View Posterniemossity, on 23 December 2023 - 11:58 AM, said:

Gonna be an increasing amount of disappointed walk ups if our success continues. Not sure if the club hold back any tickets for these, but with only 270 odd tickets left for today, if they don’t open N5 up then some folk will not be happy. Not everyone does social media.

I have been a season ticket holder for years,so my reply is not about availability,but it is about your last comment re social media.
I am painfully aware that social media rules most walks of life, but the club need to be aware that they do have a large number of older fans do not know how/do not want to be involved with an area that can be full of pitfalls for the inexperienced, perhaps a dedicated thread on Bob's Board for quick access and updates?

#27 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 December 2023 - 06:45 PM

View PostJud, on 23 December 2023 - 01:04 PM, said:

I'm ao glad they're providing these kind of offers. I do wonder whether, as we get older, do we forget what it was that made us Town fans? My mates growing up in the 90s tended to be either Man Utd fans or the offspring of Wednesday or Blades fans, which was understandably passed on to them like some kind of inherited ailment. Few of them ever went to games, of course. What got me hooked was seeing Town play and even though we lost that first game, that was me. I know we're battling against bigger monsters these days what with you being able to follow Man City on TikTok and whatnot, but nothing claims the footballing hearts of youngsters like actually going to games. Offers to get the kids in should be an absolute no-brainer and kudos to those in charge for looking at the big picture.
Wednesday and Blades fans - interestingly, two lots pf parents with their kids sat near me today - one Wednesday , appropriately in their blue and white scarves, and the other United. I told the Wednesday lads at the end that they ought to switch to us - their mum wasn't against it - she said nice stadium, and easier for them from Barlow. How times have changed - we couldn't get Chesterfield kids to watch us a few seasons back.

This post has been edited by boot: 23 December 2023 - 06:46 PM

#28 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 December 2023 - 06:59 PM

View Postboot, on 23 December 2023 - 06:45 PM, said:

Wednesday and Blades fans - interestingly, two lots pf parents with their kids sat near me today - one Wednesday , appropriately in their blue and white scarves, and the other United. I told the Wednesday lads at the end that they ought to switch to us - their mum wasn't against it - she said nice stadium, and easier for them from Barlow. How times have changed - we couldn't get Chesterfield kids to watch us a few seasons back.

#29 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 23 December 2023 - 09:09 PM

View PostHaslandBlue58, on 23 December 2023 - 06:37 PM, said:

I have been a season ticket holder for years,so my reply is not about availability,but it is about your last comment re social media.
I am painfully aware that social media rules most walks of life, but the club need to be aware that they do have a large number of older fans do not know how/do not want to be involved with an area that can be full of pitfalls for the inexperienced, perhaps a dedicated thread on Bob's Board for quick access and updates?

Bobs Board is social media lol

#30 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 December 2023 - 09:11 PM

My word there are some whining people…I was in the big long queue getting into the east stand today & there were two old women moaning because they have season tickets & shouldn’t be stood in a queue waiting to get in! I turned around & said, everyone is in the same boat & you’ll get in….she said ‘but I’m a season ticket holder!’….i said..so am I & you don’t hear me moaning do you!…. So turned around and ignored me!

What is it with some of these ST holders that feel they should be entitled to privilege!!

#31 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 23 December 2023 - 09:21 PM

View PostWaller is my hero, on 23 December 2023 - 09:11 PM, said:

My word there are some whining people…I was in the big long queue getting into the east stand today & there were two old women moaning because they have season tickets & shouldn’t be stood in a queue waiting to get in! I turned around & said, everyone is in the same boat & you’ll get in….she said ‘but I’m a season ticket holder!’….i said..so am I & you don’t hear me moaning do you!…. So turned around and ignored me!

What is it with some of these ST holders that feel they should be entitled to privilege!!

We’re there big long queues to get into any other are of the ground other than the South entrance to the East Stand we’re 2/3 of the stand is crammed in to accommodate a couple of hundred Aldershot fans.?
East stand second class citizen.

#32 User is offline   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 December 2023 - 09:25 PM

That was Gordon and Walton

#33 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 23 December 2023 - 09:32 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 23 December 2023 - 09:21 PM, said:

We’re there big long queues to get into any other are of the ground other than the South entrance to the East Stand we’re 2/3 of the stand is crammed in to accommodate a couple of hundred Aldershot fans.?

Yea there was long queues to get into the North end of the west stand too..
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#34 User is offline   NOFX 

• get on up feed the ducks with a bun
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:dwarf wrestling

Posted 23 December 2023 - 09:59 PM

Yeah we all used to roll up at saltergate at ten to three , times have changed.

#35 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 December 2023 - 10:00 PM

View PostFit as a Nelson, on 23 December 2023 - 09:25 PM, said:

That was Gordon and Walton

I was in the North

#36 User is offline   paulwardle 

• PMW
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 December 2023 - 06:42 AM

View PostExharboroughspireite, on 23 December 2023 - 08:01 AM, said:

The community trust with their frequent adult for £10 and kids for £3 is a really good idea to attract younger supporters. I coach an u8 side and half of them watch town on a regular basis. All have town kits and other merchandise. It's good for the future.

#37 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 December 2023 - 07:22 AM

View Post6 Pint Spireite, on 23 December 2023 - 10:29 AM, said:

I think it’s the consistency of winning! For the past 3 seasons we’ve been right in the mixer all season winning a majority of games. It keep people on the hook and interested.

Weird theory too…but actually has football become a good value for money afternoon? When we first dropped down, paying £20 five years ago felt like an insult for football at this level. Whereas now, with how prices on everything else have gone, there’s not a lot you can get for £20. Compared to everything else, football ticket prices haven’t inflated along with the trend.

Weird theory, I know, I await my execution at the hands of the usual firing squad

Exactly, success breeds success, I have been a season ticket holder through the dark days of Saunders and Caldwell and I can tell you there were times when I could have thrown my season ticket on the pitch at half time it was that bad. Any walk ups certainly wouldn't want to return after watching that.

People are not fools, they can see quality on the pitch and want to return to see that quality week after week. We are lucky to have Paul Cook who knows how to assemble a team of quality players and get them playing to win every week. Enjoy this feeling while it lasts folks.

Merry Christmas to all our fans and let's have a great New Year.

This post has been edited by Lincs Spireite: 24 December 2023 - 07:25 AM

#38 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 December 2023 - 07:49 AM

It’s got nothing to do with them being season ticket holders. It’s because they are entitled dîckheads.

#39 User is offline   Bluekent 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 December 2023 - 08:36 AM

View Posthilly81, on 24 December 2023 - 07:49 AM, said:

It’s got nothing to do with them being season ticket holders. It’s because they are entitled dîckheads.

Yep some people just don’t like waiting their turn , happens in every walk of life. Was a little annoying on the east stand side tho with 2 of the turnstiles not working but everyone seemed to get in so no biggy really.

#40 User is offline   Sussex Spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Town, Harvey's Old Ale, Weller, Lewes FC and Levante FC

Posted 24 December 2023 - 09:56 AM

Another 8,000 plus home fans yesterday. Good turnout.
Growing old is unavoidable, growing up is optional

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users