Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Wilson Has Go To Go. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wilson Has Go To Go.

#61 User is offline   Tyrion 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:57 AM

Both are as bad as each other!

When we beat MK the 2 subs came on and changed the game, since then both havent featured.
Mitchell has been given a decent run, winning a few pens and showing some potential, yet gets taken off while the ever missing Aryibi stays on the pitch.
Wilson is killing confidence in some of our squad with these decisions

#62 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:05 AM

View Postfiredodger, on 05 December 2016 - 08:46 AM, said:

You are going to have to justify that, in what earthly way can dean Saunders be considered a 'way better' manager than Danny Wilson?
And it shows how pathetic and self serving the football world is when you see Saunders turning up time and again as a pundit, then to see the rest of the panel nodding away at his wisdom and insight! Makes my bottom laugh.

I think we have to consider the 'Turner effect' on both managers. Turner has effectively done nowt to help Wilson, whereas he endorsed huge expenditure - 30% of one year's transfer income over budget - for Saunders. All of that money was wasted and in my opinion the one remaining credential Turner claims to have, his football knowledge, went down the Swanee. Hird, SEB, Angel, O'Neil all no use at all to Wilson.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#63 User is offline   brockwell-spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:19 AM

View Postdim view, on 05 December 2016 - 09:05 AM, said:

I think we have to consider the 'Turner effect' on both managers. Turner has effectively done nowt to help Wilson, whereas he endorsed huge expenditure - 30% of one year's transfer income over budget - for Saunders. All of that money was wasted and in my opinion the one remaining credential Turner claims to have, his football knowledge, went down the Swanee. Hird, SEB, Angel, O'Neil all no use at all to Wilson.

Not defending Saunders record as a manager but just because he's done badly in lower league management doesn't mean he doesn't have anything to add as a pundit on higher level football given his playing career.

It does astound me that managers who regularly fail do seem to end up regularly getting other management jobs mind you.

#64 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:26 AM

View Postbrockwell-spireite, on 05 December 2016 - 09:19 AM, said:

Not defending Saunders record as a manager but just because he's done badly in lower league management doesn't mean he doesn't have anything to add as a pundit on higher level football given his playing career.

It does astound me that managers who regularly fail do seem to end up regularly getting other management jobs mind you.

True that I guess- Gary Neville- excellent pundit- awful record as manager

Basically any player who looks like he can wash himself and is reasonably articulate can make it as a pundit somewhere (even Jamie Carragher has done so inexplicably)!

#65 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:44 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 05 December 2016 - 09:26 AM, said:

True that I guess- Gary Neville- excellent pundit- awful record as manager

Basically any player who looks like he can wash himself and is reasonably articulate can make it as a pundit somewhere (even Jamie Carragher has done so inexplicably)!

I think JC provides the best insight of all of 'em. Shame about his delivery.

#66 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:42 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 04 December 2016 - 05:43 PM, said:

But the million dollar question is are the injuries caused by his archaic and ill thought out training (in particular pre-season)?

Is that what he does? Purchase has been here a while now so you would have thought if he had anything to bring we would have seen results by now.
Not much Wilson could do about some of the injuries either, Martinez came with a history of knee problems and I'm not sure Danny will have even seen him kick a ball yet, jones broken bone in a game then medical cock ups, is tommy lees injury a goalkeeping wear and tear issue?
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#67 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:46 AM

View Postbrockwell-spireite, on 05 December 2016 - 09:19 AM, said:

No you have a point there, it's the utter mind numbing nonsensical drivel that Saunders comes out with that means he has nothing to add as a pundit.
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#68 User is offline   brockwell-spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:53 AM

View Postfiredodger, on 05 December 2016 - 10:46 AM, said:

No you have a point there, it's the utter mind numbing nonsensical drivel that Saunders comes out with that means he has nothing to add as a pundit.

Ex Liverpool player means that you seem to get these gigs on TV and the football media as a whole.

The Neville, manager pundit example is a good one.

The pundit that amazes me is Garth Crooks... he is stealing a living if you ask me! Oh and Michael Owen...

#69 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:59 AM

The main problem at our football club sits several rows further back from the dugout.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#70 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:04 AM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 05 December 2016 - 10:59 AM, said:

The main problem at our football club sits several rows further back from the dugout now sits at home.

I think this amendment is a more accurate Chris.
#notapennymore

#71 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:30 AM

View Postbrockwell-spireite, on 05 December 2016 - 10:53 AM, said:

Ex Liverpool player means that you seem to get these gigs on TV and the football media as a whole.

The Neville, manager pundit example is a good one.

The pundit that amazes me is Garth Crooks... he is stealing a living if you ask me! Oh and Michael Owen...

Yep Garth Crooks is a very strange one. A dinosaur from a bygone age

View Postfiredodger, on 05 December 2016 - 10:42 AM, said:

Is that what he does? Purchase has been here a while now so you would have thought if he had anything to bring we would have seen results by now.
Not much Wilson could do about some of the injuries either, Martinez came with a history of knee problems and I'm not sure Danny will have even seen him kick a ball yet, jones broken bone in a game then medical cock ups, is tommy lees injury a goalkeeping wear and tear issue?

Yep the impact injuries etc are not always a fitness issue of course.
Soft tissue usually are.

Purchase will only do as directed by the manager and chief coach- he will try to say what needs to be done but very often not always listened to...

#72 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:33 AM

View PostBrookie, on 05 December 2016 - 07:48 AM, said:

If I was a manager looking for a job I would give Town a wide berth, a probable relegation on the CV would not look good even if a points penalty for administration, which at the moment is a possibility, was partially responsible.

One can only hope that the long term injury list clears up soon and this helps to set up a run that, fingers crossed, results in safety plus we avoid admin.

Whatever happens I think we need to look long and hard at the managerial position in the summer. My opinion of Danny is that he is a good manager and at least he has tried to find a way of playing that gets the best out of what he has got but maybe he has been around the blocks too often and we need to find a young guy with fresh ideas and enthusiasm. It could blow up in our faces but what have we got to lose, I would rather go down with a fight rather than Saturdays lacklustre display.

That's a crumb of comfort. ;) I think Wilson has screwed up big style.

#73 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:59 AM

View Postdim view, on 05 December 2016 - 09:05 AM, said:

I assume you mean Herd Dim not Hird. I bet Danny wishes he had Saunder's budget to play with.

This post has been edited by Bowzer spirey: 05 December 2016 - 12:00 PM

#74 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:22 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 05 December 2016 - 11:30 AM, said:

Yep the impact injuries etc are not always a fitness issue of course.
Soft tissue usually are.

Purchase will only do as directed by the manager and chief coach- he will try to say what needs to be done but very often not always listened to...

If this is the case then why even bother having a fitness coach? Surely you're just being apologetic because you backed him from the start and injuries have only multiplied terribly since his appointment

This post has been edited by Goku: 05 December 2016 - 12:22 PM

#75 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:41 PM

View PostGoku, on 05 December 2016 - 12:22 PM, said:

If this is the case then why even bother having a fitness coach? Surely you're just being apologetic because you backed him from the start and injuries have only multiplied terribly since his appointment

A very good question
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#76 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:11 PM

View PostGoku, on 05 December 2016 - 12:22 PM, said:

It is a god question if they are not used properly- (and it sounds like they aren't)!
Same with analysts- if data isn't used properly don't have them!

Same also with CEO's I guess- if they are shi-ite don't have one.

And I said that Purchase had a good credentials and cv (but so has Ebanks-Blake and he is about as useful as my Aunty Bessy

#77 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:30 PM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 05 December 2016 - 11:59 AM, said:

I assume you mean Herd Dim not Hird. I bet Danny wishes he had Saunder's budget to play with.

S**t. Yep, sorry.

#78 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:31 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 05 December 2016 - 04:11 PM, said:

It is a god question if they are not used properly- (and it sounds like they aren't)!
Same with analysts- if data isn't used properly don't have them!

Same also with CEO's I guess- if they are shi-ite don't have one.

And I said that Purchase had a good credentials and cv (but so has Ebanks-Blake and he is about as useful as my Aunty Bessy

good point, we went for over a hundred years without a ceo.

#79 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:10 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 05 December 2016 - 04:11 PM, said:

When has it been heard that the fitness coach is not used properly?

You say "it sounds like they aren't" - who is saying this and when has it been said?

#80 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:14 PM

View Postdtp, on 05 December 2016 - 05:10 PM, said:

When has it been heard that the fitness coach is not used properly?

You say "it sounds like they aren't" - who is saying this and when has it been said?

The people who have been questioning reg payers fitness repeatedly on this very forum in the last season.
The ones that say we have no pace, lack physical strength, look overweight and look very tired in the last 15 minutes of games (where a lot of goals have been conceded).

I haven't been much this season but from what I've been reading that seems pretty much the general opinion...

You disagree?

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users