• You cannot reply to this topic

Current Squad

#21 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 January 2021 - 01:20 PM

View Postdim view, on 21 January 2021 - 12:29 PM, said:

That's what I think. Perhaps the only one who might be in demand is Denton.

Aha!
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#22 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 21 January 2021 - 01:24 PM

Not too sure we've many BR (before Rowe) players who'd be in demand to be taken by better placed clubs than us.

#23 User is offline   Paul Fisher 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2021 - 01:31 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 21 January 2021 - 01:24 PM, said:

Not too sure we've many BR (before Rowe) players who'd be in demand to be taken by better placed clubs than us.

off memory, we 've only sold one since leaving the football league, Charlie Carter.

#24 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 21 January 2021 - 01:32 PM

James Rowe now has a full and perfectly workable 11 that could play (with a sub keeper now) from his own signings alone.

It really is remarkable.

#25 User is offline   monte 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2021 - 01:40 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 21 January 2021 - 01:32 PM, said:

James Rowe now has a full and perfectly workable 11 that could play (with a sub keeper now) from his own signings alone.

It really is remarkable.

Makes Sense given how bad most of the other lot were before Rowe. I'd have released the lot after last year, but Glad we've kept hold of Hollis (now)

#26 User is online   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2021 - 01:44 PM

View Postphiltooleycfss, on 21 January 2021 - 12:37 PM, said:

I think he means that there may be a surprise outgoing that will convey an 'I didn't see that one coming' sort of comment! I think the 'in' door will also rapidly change to an 'out' door in the next few days. New pragmatic wage levels means a two in, one out generally provides a positive budget movement as well.

Phil

Yeah I think that’s it. The big earners are your Rowley, Weston, Evans perhaps so if we get one or two of those off the books then we’re laughing

#27 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 21 January 2021 - 01:47 PM

View PostCFC91, on 21 January 2021 - 01:44 PM, said:

Yeah I think that’s it. The big earners are your Rowley, Weston, Evans perhaps so if we get one or two of those off the books then we’re laughing

If Gunning and Hollis work as his first choice CB pairing (Gunning is a CB isn't he?) then with back up already, Evans could be free to leave.

#28 User is online   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2021 - 01:52 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 21 January 2021 - 01:47 PM, said:

If Gunning and Hollis work as his first choice CB pairing (Gunning is a CB isn't he?) then with back up already, Evans could be free to leave.

I don’t see why we’d sign Gunning personally with Hollis, Evans, Maguire, Yarney, Carline already capable of playing there unless the plan was to move one out. Hollis has been great, Maguire won’t be going, he sighed Carline so it’s a toss up between Evans or Yarney for me. Yarney a versatility will help him perhaps too..

#29 User is offline   philtooleycfss 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2021 - 01:55 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 21 January 2021 - 01:47 PM, said:

Hollis and Gunning were the CB partners when we lost at FGR to mathematically end our EFL stint.

#30 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 21 January 2021 - 02:03 PM

View PostCFC91, on 21 January 2021 - 01:52 PM, said:

I don’t see why we’d sign Gunning personally with Hollis, Evans, Maguire, Yarney, Carline already capable of playing there unless the plan was to move one out. Hollis has been great, Maguire won’t be going, he sighed Carline so it’s a toss up between Evans or Yarney for me. Yarney a versatility will help him perhaps too..

Heard a rumour last season Yarney was, and probably still is our best paid player.

I'd be aghast if any outfits that might want him could afford the figure I heard...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#31 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 21 January 2021 - 02:13 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 21 January 2021 - 02:03 PM, said:

Heard a rumour last season Yarney was, and probably still is our best paid player.

I'd be aghast if any outfits that might want him could afford the figure I heard...

Likely to be on more than Weston who many seem to think is the best paid on his Martin Allen contract?

#32 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2021 - 02:36 PM

on the keeping front, i'd suggest this shows rowe is a manager who won't tolerate things for too long, letheran had done well in respect of the clean sheets, but that performance at solihull was poor, clearly he can't take a risk with coddington and he was very honest about wharton last night in his interview, so once again he's moved to make sure he has 2 keepers in smith and Pryzbek who he can rely upon. wouldn't be that surprised is letheran was one of the next out the door.

#33 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 21 January 2021 - 05:55 PM

There's a new concentration on working the ball forward from the 'keeper, even in last night's horrible conditions. I hope it's not going to mean the end of Denton as the target for nearly everything, but it may be significant. I'd be sorry to see him go 'cos he gives us the option of by-passing a crowded defence, but he's the only one we might get a fee for in these hard times.

#34 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 21 January 2021 - 06:11 PM

View Posth again, on 21 January 2021 - 05:55 PM, said:

There's a new concentration on working the ball forward from the 'keeper, even in last night's horrible conditions. I hope it's not going to mean the end of Denton as the target for nearly everything, but it may be significant. I'd be sorry to see him go 'cos he gives us the option of by-passing a crowded defence, but he's the only one we might get a fee for in these hard times.

I hate the playing it from your own 6yd box it put us under pressure straight away because we dont have the quickest CB in the league. ( couldnt understand why Wharton / Hollis persisted with this in storm force winds, we nearly got Hollis caught out in possession a couple of times..I was having kittens). We need Tom partnering Asante / Denanga?, Manderville / Rowley dont have that killer instinct i the box).
lindave

#35 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2021 - 07:39 PM

View Posth again, on 21 January 2021 - 05:55 PM, said:

In my view it's essential we keep Denton. He occupies the opposition defence can pass well with his feet knows where the net is AND helps out in defence.

To go, for me would be Letheren, Yarney and Evans .

#36 User is online   bucko 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2021 - 07:54 PM

From Phil’s report he mentions Letherhan , Taylor and Denton as the 3 suffering from COVID

If I’m correct in the FA Trophy you can name 7 subs yet we named 5 last night.

Not in the squad that I believe to be fit and available

Buchanan,J.Smith,Boden, Butterfield,

Are these 4 about to go out the door?

This post has been edited by bucko: 21 January 2021 - 08:25 PM

#37 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2021 - 08:00 PM

View Postlindave, on 21 January 2021 - 06:11 PM, said:

I hate the playing it from your own 6yd box it put us under pressure straight away because we dont have the quickest CB in the league. ( couldnt understand why Wharton / Hollis persisted with this in storm force winds, we nearly got Hollis caught out in possession a couple of times..I was having kittens). We need Tom partnering Asante / Denanga?, Manderville / Rowley dont have that killer instinct i the box).

I agree with you, I don't like this idea of playing a goal kick to a CB in front of goal in our own penalty area. If we are going to play it out from the back why not play the first ball wide first?

Regarding this so called killer instinct in front of goal though I feel both Asante and Denton miss far too many chances. We should have killed a few teams off before HT in a number of games but allowed chance after chance go begging. Then, I've yet to see Dinanga have a pop at goal and if you don't get into positions to score then more often than not you won't.

Rowley took up some excellent attacking positions last night, I thought their keeper did very well in the one on one and if that had been Tommy Lee we would have been praising him. The one he put into the side netting he could have done better with but it was a tightish angle with the wind behind but, eh, Asante has missed far easier chances than that never mind Denton. Disappointing for me was that we don't even have a chance, never mind a miss, for Dinanga to talk about. Don't get me wrong I really hope Dinanga cones good because his pace alongside Asante could upset a fair few CB pairings.

#38 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 21 January 2021 - 08:05 PM

View Postbucko, on 21 January 2021 - 07:54 PM, said:

From Phil’s report he mentions Leatherland, Taylor and Denton as the 3 suffering from COVID

If I’m correct in the FA Trophy you can name 7 subs yet we named 5 last night.

Not in the squad that I believe to be fit and available

Buchanan,J.Smith,Boden, Butterfield,

Are these 4 about to go out the door?

I'd say they are the one's wanted out of the door plus Letheran and possibly Evans as I see Gunning replacing him

#39 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 21 January 2021 - 08:23 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 21 January 2021 - 01:20 PM, said:

Aha!

I would imagine the same.
East stand second class citizen.

#40 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 21 January 2021 - 08:28 PM

View Postmoondog, on 21 January 2021 - 08:05 PM, said:

I'd say they are the one's wanted out of the door plus Letheran and possibly Evans as I see Gunning replacing him

I thought Rowe was a fan of Evans after their time together at Aldershot?
East stand second class citizen.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users