• You cannot reply to this topic

Alfreton Stream

#81 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 July 2021 - 07:39 PM

View PostTiptoe thru the Cross St, on 17 July 2021 - 06:50 PM, said:

We fielded a fairly strong team and conceded 3 goals at Alfreton which is pretty amazing. Were there any obvious deficiencies in defence and midfield that explain all those goals or should we dismiss it and put it down to having unfit players?

The Team looked very sharp for 70% of the game, we had 2 trialists playing at the back neither looked owt sparkling. Thought trialist keeper was slow and should have saved goal 2. Khan gave away a silly penalty. We have players to bring in so not too much to worry about.

View Postborn in 1866, on 17 July 2021 - 07:11 PM, said:

JR tweeted that Clarke's been ill

Thank You.

View PostTiptoe thru the Cross St, on 17 July 2021 - 07:29 PM, said:

Fair enough. I hope the keepers we have lost aren't better than their replacements.

We've lost 2 top keepers which is a pity.

lindave

#82 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2021 - 07:54 PM

We fielded a fairly strong team and conceded 3 goals at Alfreton which is pretty amazing. Were there any obvious deficiencies in defence and midfield that explain all those goals or should we dismiss it and put it down to having unfit players?

That is the problem of just seeing that we have conceded 3 goals at Alfreton without actually being at the match to see how it developed

There are too many reasons why the score was as it was to be too concerned at this stage of the season

If we go to Aldershot and concede 3 then there might be reasons to be a little concerned

Even then it is how you finish the season not how you start

#83 User is offline   bucko 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2021 - 07:58 PM

Mccourt the only CFC player to play full 90 mins looked very fit, always wanted the ball, in energy sapping heat.

Khan looks quality

Payne looked sharp, always looking to get in behind.
Slight worry was he was holding his thigh apllying ice to it after coming off at half time , hopefully a precaution.

Miller and King very energetic and quick.

Grimes , looked solid, and decent in the air.

Loach didn't have to do a lot, looked to be caught out for the 2nd goal.

2 trialist defenders were not up to scratch and unfortunately the trialist forward looked like he pulled his hamstring so don't think we will see them all again.

Good to see Denton back on the grass and doing what Denton does best, scored a cracking header and helped out with a number of defensive headers.

For a game played in that heat , we played with decent intensity and will be good for the fitness build up to the new season.

Result wise , doesn't matter👍👍

#84 User is offline   SuperJackyLester 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2021 - 08:17 PM

People criticising the result. Aren't these games all about the pre season. All about fitness and getting minutes on the pitch. Results are absolutely nothing to worry about. They only lost 1 nil to sheff Wednesday. No doubt this board will start to panic and say its season over lol as that is what this board does. Minutes and games are what we need and we saw a few trialists. Job done.

#85 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 17 July 2021 - 08:17 PM

View Postazul, on 17 July 2021 - 06:20 PM, said:

Now that he featured in the first preseason game and will presumably have a full preseason, a loan makes no sense whatsoever

I think he was being mardy when he said it. Made even less sense when he claimed the same plan was in place for Asante.

#86 User is offline   born in 1866 

• DOH !!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2021 - 08:18 PM

Or put it down to this:

"Everyone is working hard and will be going into games tired until the midway point of pre-season"
"It's that simple" © Paul Cook 2012

#87 User is offline   Neilo Blanco 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 17 July 2021 - 09:15 PM

Fire everyone, move the team to Albuquerque, Rowe Out!!! I'd rather lose these then games that matter! I want to know who the two right sided Centre Back trialists are. The one in the first half way better then the lad in the second.

#88 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 17 July 2021 - 09:23 PM

View Postlindave, on 17 July 2021 - 07:39 PM, said:

The Team looked very sharp for 70% of the game, we had 2 trialists playing at the back neither looked owt sparkling. Thought trialist keeper was slow and should have saved goal 2. Khan gave away a silly penalty. We have players to bring in so not too much to worry about.

Thank You.

We've lost 2 top keepers which is a pity.

Loach was in goal for goal number 2 but you are right he was slow down to it.

And it looks like we have a goalkeeper that doesn't like claiming high balls again judging to his static display when they were bombarding us with high balls in the first half
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#89 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 17 July 2021 - 09:25 PM

Not excited for Loach’s first mistake and the inevitable backlash whichll follow

#90 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 17 July 2021 - 09:40 PM

View PostTiptoe thru the Cross St, on 17 July 2021 - 04:56 PM, said:

You've got yer blue tinted glasses on! Only a friendly but 3 conceded.... didn't Alfreton wilt in the heat too?!

It was Alfreton's 3rd pre season game as apose to our 1st, so yea we might have run out of legs a bit sooner... but I'm not gunna throw a downer on it, as we played decent football, and dominated the best part of the game, things can only get better
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#91 User is offline   Mr_Tall 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2021 - 10:15 PM

View Postazul, on 17 July 2021 - 09:23 PM, said:

Loach was in goal for goal number 2 but you are right he was slow down to it.

And it looks like we have a goalkeeper that doesn't like claiming high balls again judging to his static display when they were bombarding us with high balls in the first half

Agreed. He doesn't seem to be a keeper who dominates his area when high balls are coming in. I don't recall him even trying to come off his line to catch a ball. Hopefully he'll improve.

#92 User is offline   kopblue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2021 - 10:56 PM

View PostMr_Tall, on 17 July 2021 - 10:15 PM, said:

Agreed. He doesn't seem to be a keeper who dominates his area when high balls are coming in. I don't recall him even trying to come off his line to catch a ball. Hopefully he'll improve.

His nickname at Hartlepool was super glue apparently as he was stuck to the line

#93 User is offline   The Rev. 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Writer; Football: Boxing: Supporting the Spireites.

Posted 17 July 2021 - 11:18 PM

A number of things stood out for me today, McCourt's fitness & positive play going forward; Tyson's loss of any mojo he once had; Payne looking a far better prospect than the recently departed trio of strikers (oops... recently departed two striker's - forgot Mitchell was away on international duty); the trialist who got the first goal and later went off looked lively - as did King and Khan (apart for the silly foul for the penalty) - and Miller looked OK but didn't really get too involved, whilst Grimes had a decent debut. But what stood out most of all was Loach's reluctance to come off his line and command his box, which I think highlights the pressing need to sign another 'keeper, not least to provide competition for the number 1 spot between the sticks.

#94 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2021 - 04:16 AM

View PostThe Rev., on 17 July 2021 - 11:18 PM, said:

A number of things stood out for me today, McCourt's fitness & positive play going forward; Tyson's loss of any mojo he once had; Payne looking a far better prospect than the recently departed trio of strikers (oops... recently departed two striker's - forgot Mitchell was away on international duty); the trialist who got the first goal and later went off looked lively - as did King and Khan (apart for the silly foul for the penalty) - and Miller looked OK but didn't really get too involved, whilst Grimes had a decent debut. But what stood out most of all was Loach's reluctance to come off his line and command his box, which I think highlights the pressing need to sign another 'keeper, not least to provide competition for the number 1 spot between the sticks.

Spot on how I saw it too. It worries me that Loach is nowhere near as good as Smith who I rated highly. Need another decent keeper urgently.

#95 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2021 - 05:27 AM

View PostLincs Spireite, on 18 July 2021 - 04:16 AM, said:

Spot on how I saw it too. It worries me that Loach is nowhere near as good as Smith who I rated highly. Need another decent keeper urgently.

Baffling signing if so (I know we are one game in). I thought Smith was a good keeper at this level so even more annoying we’ve let him go now as can’t imagine he was a big Warner coming in from Wealdstone

#96 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2021 - 06:32 AM

View PostLincs Spireite, on 18 July 2021 - 04:16 AM, said:

The lads not even played a full game yet and already the knives are out. Textbook.

#97 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2021 - 06:34 AM

View PostCFC91, on 18 July 2021 - 05:27 AM, said:

Baffling signing if so (I know we are one game in). I thought Smith was a good keeper at this level so even more annoying we’ve let him go now as can’t imagine he was a big Warner coming in from Wealdstone

Big earner *

#98 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2021 - 06:42 AM

View Posthilly81, on 18 July 2021 - 06:32 AM, said:

The lads not even played a full game yet and already the knives are out. Textbook.

Got to say it how we see it though. No good sitting on hands and saying nowt.

#99 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 18 July 2021 - 07:40 AM

View PostLincs Spireite, on 18 July 2021 - 06:42 AM, said:

Got to say it how we see it though. No good sitting on hands and saying nowt.

Rowe wouldn’t. He’d furlough him and sign someone better.

#100 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2021 - 08:38 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 18 July 2021 - 07:40 AM, said:

Rowe wouldn’t. He’d furlough him and sign someone better.

wonder if we could see monty again if he overcomes his injury?

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users