Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Derbyshire Times Latest - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (835 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Derbyshire Times Latest

#2521 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:12 AM

If Tommy is still a doubt for next season then I'd certainly see if a deal could be reached with Stuckman!
East stand second class citizen.

#2522 User is offline   RGS 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:45 AM

Fylde boss reviews Maguire loan spell

http://www.derbyshir...spell-1-8465501

#2523 User is offline   RGS 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:49 PM

Some interesting thoughts from Caldwell on the club sale and Ched Evans https://m.facebook.c...780701645499685

#2524 User is offline   RGS 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:56 PM

Caldwell on the club sale and why he doesn't expect one imminently

http://www.derbyshir...-soon-1-8469741

#2525 User is offline   Wooly 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:16 PM

View PostRGS, on 31 March 2017 - 02:56 PM, said:

Caldwell on the club sale and why he doesn't expect one to happen "Just Like That"

Attached File  Gary Cooper.jpg (147.95K)
Number of downloads: 45
Choo Choo

#2526 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:26 PM

View PostRGS, on 31 March 2017 - 02:56 PM, said:

Caldwell on the club sale and why he doesn't expect one imminently

http://www.derbyshir...-soon-1-8469741

At least we now have something to praise Caldwell for, going public and sharing the view about the totally unrealistic asking price for the club.

#2527 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:31 PM

I don't do 'Facebook' so can't log on - but is it true Caldwell's said there's no way Allen'll get his asking price?

And if so, as bluntly as that or with certain contexts?

Because if he really has openly questioned the owner's approach I can only conclude he wants the Club to sack him.

Bizarre team selection and tactics? Criticising the fans? The recent no-show to an event booked weeks in advance?

I wonder if he's realised the shambolic kinda mess he's got himself into and decided the only way he can get out retaining any hint of his reputation is by forcing CFC to fire his ass.

At which point he might play the martyr.

Or am I just misinterpreting the whole sorry scenario...

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 31 March 2017 - 03:33 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#2528 User is offline   Wooly 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:37 PM

What do you need Facebook for when it's on the DT Website?

And what you on about "You don't do Facebook"? I just looked and you posted a beach scene photo on there on Wednesday. Unless that's a different bloke with the same name as you who also supports Chesterfield?

:lol:

This post has been edited by Wooly: 31 March 2017 - 03:45 PM

Choo Choo

#2529 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:45 PM

View PostWooly, on 31 March 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

What do you need Facebook for when it's on the DT Website?

And what you on about "You don't do Facebook". You posted a beach scene photo on there on Wednesday. Unless that's a different bloke with the same name as you who also supports Chesterfield?

:lol:

You sad prat !

Not only trolling on here,you're actually stalking folks off this board on other social media sites.

Get yourself a life fella !

#2530 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:46 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 31 March 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

I don't do 'Facebook' so can't log on - but is it true Caldwell's said there's no way Allen'll get his asking price?

Because if he really has openly questioned the owner's approach I can only conclude he wants the Club to sack him.

Bizarre team selection and tactics? Criticising the fans? The recent no-show to an event booked weeks in advance?

I wonder if he's realised the shambolic kinda mess he's got himself into and decided the only way he can get out retaining any hint of his reputation is by forcing CFC to fire his ass.

Caldwell doesn't expect the club to be sold soon, perhaps within the next 2/3 years even, as the asking price is unrealistic.
Caldwell expects Evans to be at the club next season. Evans is committed to CFC.
Caldwell didn't play Jones, Sadiq etc in reserves as at this stage he didn't think fitness was important but wanted themsquad to be kept together for training/bonding.
Caldwell non committal on who the head of recruitment will be.
He has met Liam Graham and knows who he is. Says it's important for him to get fit.

So, the club accept an offer for Evans, Wigan test the water, Caldwell resigns over losing his main striker and he returns to the DW?

#2531 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:50 PM

It did cross my mind if he didn't have the security of a one year rolling contract he wouldn't have said it, but it still remains good that he did. The criticism of the fans for me was a storm in tea cup I was actually impressed with him refusing to take the hint from Carson that he ought to apologise. Stating he'd advise Carson to keep away from social media was for me also a positive.

I'll post up the link to the interview on a seperate thread rather than clog up Graham's news thread with debate

Discussion thread

http://www.thecfss.c...showtopic=59953

#2532 User is offline   RGS 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:55 PM

Evans may play bit part tomorrow but Caldwell expects full contribution next season

http://www.derbyshir...eason-1-8469900

#2533 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2017 - 04:09 PM

View PostRGS, on 31 March 2017 - 03:55 PM, said:

Evans may play bit part tomorrow but Caldwell expects full contribution next season

http://www.derbyshir...eason-1-8469900

Is that a good thing or a bad thing as he hasn't impressed this season ?

#2534 User is offline   RGS 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:40 PM

Ten big questions faced by Gary Caldwell today, including Ian Evatt, Dan Jones, El Fitouri, social media and Paul Lemon

http://www.derbyshir...press-1-8470139

#2535 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:36 PM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 31 March 2017 - 04:09 PM, said:

Is that a good thing or a bad thing as he hasn't impressed this season ?

Exactly, his full contributions have hardly been positive since after the first few games. He's looked lost. A big part is down to the useless midfield but Dennis has shown that there is opportunity there for the striker who puts the effort in and makes his own chances every now and then.

He should be benchwarming behind Dennis next year.
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#2536 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:51 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 31 March 2017 - 03:45 PM, said:

You sad prat !

Not only trolling on here,you're actually stalking folks off this board on other social media sites.

Get yourself a life fella !

Got that right, Nige.

We know this crank is a product of one of the more, shall we say 'limited' gene pools in the area - he's recently admitted being some sort of country yokel whilst trolling the 'Personal' section. Which is all kinda ironic, really, given the Staglets' penchant for parroting the Forest majority in Mansfield's 'sheep' taunts - yet this goes some way beyond his weird-assed fixation with our forum.

And yeah, there actually is a 'Facebook' contributing Spireite who shares my name.

But hey, I guess that's not too unusual when you've a fanbase slightly larger than one man and his dog (d'y'see what I did there?)...

#2537 User is offline   another fine mess 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:05 PM

Here's keeping fingers crossed.

#2538 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:09 PM

View PostThe Black Triangle, on 31 March 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

Caldwell doesn't expect the club to be sold soon, perhaps within the next 2/3 years even, as the asking price is unrealistic.
Caldwell expects Evans to be at the club next season. Evans is committed to CFC.
Caldwell didn't play Jones, Sadiq etc in reserves as at this stage he didn't think fitness was important but wanted themsquad to be kept together for training/bonding.
Caldwell non committal on who the head of recruitment will be.
He has met Liam Graham and knows who he is. Says it's important for him to get fit.
So, the club accept an offer for Evans, Wigan test the water, Caldwell resigns over losing his main striker and he returns to the DW?

View Postmoondog, on 31 March 2017 - 03:50 PM, said:

It did cross my mind if he didn't have the security of a one year rolling contract he wouldn't have said it, but it still remains good that he did. The criticism of the fans for me was a storm in tea cup I was actually impressed with him refusing to take the hint from Carson that he ought to apologise. Stating he'd advise Carson to keep away from social media was for me also a positive.

I'll post up the link to the interview on a seperate thread rather than clog up Graham's news thread with debate

Discussion thread.

http://www.thecfss.c...showtopic=59953

Okay, thanks 'M' and 'TBT'.

I was in a bit of a hurry this afternoon, so when I tried to check out what I'd heard only to be met by a 'Facebook' access page on the given link I posted my request rather than pursue it.

But you seem to've given some sort of context to Caldwell's quotes.

I still think it's strange for the Manager, infact any manager to be so forthright in terms of club politics, though.

So is Caldwell displaying strength of character or a calculated indifference towards his Town future?

Or am I once again being far too cynical and suspicious...

#2539 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2017 - 08:22 AM

Yet, I'd have thought the opposite Chris.

In my opinion, if a manager resigned as a matter of principal stating he couldn't see eye to eye with the hierarchy or accept the amateurish way in which the club is run he would gain more brownie points than if he was sacked and then tried to make out that is what he had been angling for.

At least Caldwell demonstrated he is his own man and is prepared to say what he thinks. Yes, this might upset a few people, and he does have a reputation for doing so, but the real question he needs to demonstrate he has an answer to is about how successful he/we will be next season and, by that, ultimately he will be judged.

This post has been edited by dtp: 01 April 2017 - 08:57 AM

#2540 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 01 April 2017 - 08:56 AM

Judgement is an ongoing process.
As it stands he has been a disaster

Share this topic:

• (835 Pages)
  • +
  • « First