Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: The End Of Labour? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (141 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The End Of Labour? Rate Topic: -----

#2761 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 16 April 2024 - 01:42 PM

View PostGoku, on 15 April 2024 - 04:34 PM, said:

https://www.thenatio...e-health-firms/

This man is the shadow health secretary…

Blokes a weasel with no principles

I’m surprised Angela Raynor hasn’t been all over this like a rash! Demanding resignations, clarity with tax returns, etc etc, mind you it’s ok on the left of things and she has had her wings clipped a tad recently!
East stand second class citizen.

#2762 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 16 April 2024 - 03:30 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 16 April 2024 - 08:09 AM, said:

I'm far from political, but I do like to see what you all have to say on these matters, and it's fair to say when a Tory minister gets found out on a matter similar to this, there's a proper pile on from a 2 or 3 posters which seem to have gone quiet on this??

The difference is if she is found guilty after the second police investigation then let's not forget she wasn't an MP at the time of the said ctime
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#2763 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 03:40 PM

View Postfishini, on 16 April 2024 - 03:30 PM, said:

The difference is if she is found guilty after the second police investigation then let's not forget she wasn't an MP at the time of the said ctime

What about that with the shadow health secretary...

And would Rayners be brushed off like that with you if she was Tory... ?
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#2764 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 04:54 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 16 April 2024 - 03:40 PM, said:

What about that with the shadow health secretary...

And would Rayners be brushed off like that with you if she was Tory... ?

If she was a Tory the problem would be in the millions and if the Tory had been investigated by the police once they wouldn't have been investigated again. Will she be investigated a third time I wonder. If she's found innocent which I believe she will then I hope she sues for defamation. Have we heard anything from the HMRC yet? Different situation as she wasn't a sitting MP
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#2765 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

Posted 16 April 2024 - 05:07 PM

View Postfishini, on 16 April 2024 - 04:54 PM, said:

If she was a Tory the problem would be in the millions and if the Tory had been investigated by the police once they wouldn't have been investigated again. Will she be investigated a third time I wonder. If she's found innocent which I believe she will then I hope she sues for defamation. Have we heard anything from the HMRC yet? Different situation as she wasn't a sitting MP

Sorry but the amount makes absolutely no difference. Laws apply to all sides and law doesn’t have a “little bit guilty” verdict. As for the “wouldn’t be investigated again”… really? The police and CPS are in the Tories back pocket?

I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s innocent either.
"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

#2766 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 05:41 PM

View Posts42blue, on 16 April 2024 - 05:07 PM, said:

Sorry but the amount makes absolutely no difference. Laws apply to all sides and law doesn’t have a “little bit guilty” verdict. As for the “wouldn’t be investigated again”… really? The police and CPS are in the Tories back pocket?

I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s innocent either.

Agree but why two investigations? Not saying it is but Ł1500 could be a simple mistake. The millions owed in tax by one or two Tories is not a simple mistake it is premeditated theft.
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#2767 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 16 April 2024 - 05:45 PM

One rule for one!

#2768 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 05:52 PM

View Postfishini, on 16 April 2024 - 05:41 PM, said:

Agree but why two investigations? Not saying it is but Ł1500 could be a simple mistake. The millions owed in tax by one or two Tories is not a simple mistake it is premeditated theft.

“ Mr Daly, who is MP for Bury North, is understood to have informed officers of neighbours’ statements allegedly contradicting Ms Rayner’s about whether her property on Vicarage Road, Stockport, was her main home and not her husband’s separate address.

He is reported to have complained that officers did not appear to have looked at the electoral roll or spoken to neighbours.

A police spokesperson said: “We’re investigating whether any offences have been committed.

“This follows a reassessment of the information provided to us by Mr Daly.”

Tory MP doing his “good citizen” role…hmmm. Politicians politicking…

Tbh it’s either pay cgt or not. It’s a simple tax.

Any evasion should be cracked down on.

#2769 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 06:11 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 16 April 2024 - 05:45 PM, said:

One rule for one!

Have you heard something. I haven't heard that she has been found guilty. Where have got your information from. I would love to read it. Then I will condemn her
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#2770 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 06:29 PM

View Posts42blue, on 16 April 2024 - 05:52 PM, said:

“ Mr Daly, who is MP for Bury North, is understood to have informed officers of neighbours’ statements allegedly contradicting Ms Rayner’s about whether her property on Vicarage Road, Stockport, was her main home and not her husband’s separate address.

He is reported to have complained that officers did not appear to have looked at the electoral roll or spoken to neighbours.

A police spokesperson said: “We’re investigating whether any offences have been committed.

You have to ask why this good citizen has taken 9 years to do his duty. Could it have anything to do with the fact that the Tories party is a busted flush and will try anything to divert attention away from that fact. I wonder
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#2771 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 07:57 PM

View Posts42blue, on 16 April 2024 - 05:52 PM, said:

Bizarrely the tax matter isnt the real issue being investigated, its whether she lied on the electoral register.

I'll be very surprised if she didnt make an innocent mistake (yeah, righT) over her CGT and decided that they could avoid paying as they had two houses when they got married...
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#2772 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 09:30 PM

View Postfishini, on 16 April 2024 - 06:29 PM, said:

You have to ask why this good citizen has taken 9 years to do his duty. Could it have anything to do with the fact that the Tories party is a busted flush and will try anything to divert attention away from that fact. I wonder

Hmmm….i think you could be on to something….

#2773 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 18 April 2024 - 03:45 PM

Mr Mercury, on 16 April 2024 - 01:42 PM, said:

I’m surprised Angela Raynor hasn’t been all over this like a rash! Demanding resignations, clarity with tax returns, etc etc, mind you it’s ok on the left of things and she has had her wings clipped a tad recently!

Any comment about today's revelation? Phone calls in the dead of night and known about within the Tory party since January. Your opinion is welcome.
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#2774 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 18 April 2024 - 04:12 PM

fishini, on 18 April 2024 - 03:45 PM, said:

Any comment about today's revelation? Phone calls in the dead of night and known about within the Tory party since January. Your opinion is welcome.

I leave those comments to the ones who comment about those types of things in the Tory party I don’t want to step on any toes or take there ire away from them.
Ooooohhhhhh just seeing that Krankies hubby has been re arrested regarding the investigation into SNP finances…please, please Krankie herself next!
They’re all a bunch of greedy so and so’s arnt they?

Edit, just been reading about the Tory chap in the 5pm edition of the Mail on line, pretty despicable tbh.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 18 April 2024 - 04:26 PM

#2775 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2024 - 05:51 PM

fishini, on 18 April 2024 - 03:45 PM, said:

The one who is under investigation and has had the whip removed....? It seems like many others, he cant be trusted - with party funds. Wonder if he could remember where he lived for the electoral register, could count past one for the council tax discount request, or indeed remembered which house he mainly lived in?

By the way, you seem to have assumed he is guilty but dont make the same assumption over Rayner...is that because she worked for the union and we all know how trustworthy they all are. Have the NUM got Scargill's house back yet?
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#2776 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 25 April 2024 - 04:30 PM

'Apologies to passengers, but to the policy soon arriving at a platform near you will be thirty years too late...'

https://inews.co.uk/...t-sense-3024070
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#2777 User is offline   dart in the crossbar 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2024 - 04:34 PM

The point has been missed on the nationalisation of the railways by the LP in my opinion.

The better point from Labour would be the following.

'How much of your money do you think that the owners of private companies should take for themselves when they are given government contracts to provide you with publci services?'

That, in my humble opinion. is the question that should be asked. The answer ought to lead towards capping of profits for such work or the removal of the opporunity to make in the region of 30% or so out of such work.

#2778 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2024 - 09:30 PM

View Postdart in the crossbar, on 25 April 2024 - 04:34 PM, said:

The point has been missed on the nationalisation of the railways by the LP in my opinion.

The better point from Labour would be the following.

'How much of your money do you think that the owners of private companies should take for themselves when they are given government contracts to provide you with publci services?'

That, in my humble opinion. is the question that should be asked. The answer ought to lead towards capping of profits for such work or the removal of the opporunity to make in the region of 30% or so out of such work.

Has anyone made the comment yet that nationalising will increase efficiency but long term sick in the public sector is going through the roof...

Trains wont be better if we change ownership - nor will water - but only if we find a way to spend more money on them. So what will that be - PFI deals or are we going to add to the debt we already have any just ask the few working to pay more in taxes...

No comments either on the figures for people moving into or out of Scotland since SNP started creating tax bands like they are going out of fashion. But if we want to spend more then like the SNP will have to raise more somehow...
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#2779 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2024 - 09:41 PM

isleaiw1, on 25 April 2024 - 09:30 PM, said:

Has anyone made the comment yet that nationalising will increase efficiency but long term sick in the public sector is going through the roof...

Trains wont be better if we change ownership - nor will water - but only if we find a way to spend more money on them. So what will that be - PFI deals or are we going to add to the debt we already have any just ask the few working to pay more in taxes...

No comments either on the figures for people moving into or out of Scotland since SNP started creating tax bands like they are going out of fashion. But if we want to spend more then like the SNP will have to raise more somehow...

I have to say when asked how he’d solve striking rail workers KS replied “get them in a room, negotiate and come to a solution” is just a set of words. No plan, no detail. What a sad state of affairs. They’ll still win by a mile and I’ll probably vote for them but I have little faith or confidence.

#2780 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 25 April 2024 - 10:03 PM

View Posts42blue, on 25 April 2024 - 09:41 PM, said:

I have to say when asked how he’d solve striking rail workers KS replied “get them in a room, negotiate and come to a solution” is just a set of words. No plan, no detail. What a sad state of affairs. They’ll still win by a mile and I’ll probably vote for them but I have little faith or confidence.

The country has no confidence in them..it’s time for a change, that’s why they’ll get in, it’s going to become an utter shambles. Thankfully I won’t have voted for them. I’ve more regrets voting for that anti semite party under Corbyn prior to voting for Boris in 2019, something I’ve no regrets for at all!

Share this topic:

• (141 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users