Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: When Evans Is Fit, Who Do You Drop - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

When Evans Is Fit, Who Do You Drop

#1 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:31 AM

For me, Gboly needs benching.
Wether Evans comes in for Gboly or Mitchell comes in for Gboly and someone else is dropped for Evans (don't know who BTW) but Gboly for me has seriously dropped off the pace. Consistently inconsistent

#2 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:37 AM

3 strikers then?

#3 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:40 AM

No one. Dennis and Wilkinson have earned their spots and it's up to Evans to force his way back in the team.
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#4 User is offline   Daz de Spireite 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:41 AM

Wouldnt recommend changing things aslong as Wilkinson can get to last a full match (90 minutes)

#5 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2016 - 11:03 AM

View Postbrianclose, on 30 September 2016 - 10:37 AM, said:

3 strikers then?

I'd like to see that. Dennis a constant thorn, wilkinson target man with goals and Evans with goals playing just off the front two.

Or am I being goal greedy?

#6 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2016 - 11:07 AM

View PostSpireiteFitzy, on 30 September 2016 - 10:40 AM, said:

No one. Dennis and Wilkinson have earned their spots and it's up to Evans to force his way back in the team.

I dint know if the management are thinking of 'when Ched is fit he plays'
Although that may or may not the case, for me, I'd love all three involved

#7 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2016 - 11:11 AM

Evans... the 2 up front at the moment are playing well together and scoring goals

#8 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2016 - 11:13 AM

View Postdanblue, on 30 September 2016 - 11:03 AM, said:

I'd like to see that. Dennis a constant thorn, wilkinson target man with goals and Evans with goals playing just off the front two.

Or am I being goal greedy?

I can't think of any team who plays three strikers in the professional game. I mean three out and out strikers which is what Wilkinson, Dennis and Evans are. It's a non-starter unless we're chasing a game late on I'd say.

#9 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2016 - 11:24 AM

View PostGoku, on 30 September 2016 - 11:13 AM, said:

I can't think of any team who plays three strikers in the professional game. I mean three out and out strikers which is what Wilkinson, Dennis and Evans are. It's a non-starter unless we're chasing a game late on I'd say.

I see what your saying, but I'd have Wilko and Dennis as front 2 with Ched just behind them.
Think about how many opertunities were wasted with balls across front of goal vs Gills other night. I'm thinking Evans mops those up if the other 2 miss the chance. Play off Wilko flick on/knock downs as well as Wilko creating his own chances. Dennis closing down defenders and creating as well as chipping in with goals too. Evans can also smash them in from distance.

#10 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2016 - 11:24 AM

Leave things as they are. If Wilko tires , take him off on 70 mins and bring Ched on.

#11 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2016 - 11:25 AM

Isn't Evans a month or so away? A lot can happen before then. We might be desperate for him back in the side due to injury, loss of form etc.

#12 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 30 September 2016 - 11:43 AM

Evans has generally played in a 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 formation for us thus far so its hard to compare his performance to that of either KD or CW as they've pretty much played together in a 4-4-2.

Ched with either should be a decent pairing, but CE and CW would shade it for me, on current form.

#13 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:46 PM

View Postdanblue, on 30 September 2016 - 11:24 AM, said:

I see what your saying, but I'd have Wilko and Dennis as front 2 with Ched just behind them.
Think about how many opertunities were wasted with balls across front of goal vs Gills other night. I'm thinking Evans mops those up if the other 2 miss the chance. Play off Wilko flick on/knock downs as well as Wilko creating his own chances. Dennis closing down defenders and creating as well as chipping in with goals too. Evans can also smash them in from distance.

You've not said how the rest of the team would play though. 2 up top with Ched as a shadow striker is basically what you're saying so how do the rest of the team line up? 4-1-2-1-2 diamond? No width. You can't use wingers if you're using three strikers I don't think.

#14 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2016 - 01:00 PM

View PostGoku, on 30 September 2016 - 12:46 PM, said:

You've not said how the rest of the team would play though. 2 up top with Ched as a shadow striker is basically what you're saying so how do the rest of the team line up? 4-1-2-1-2 diamond? No width. You can't use wingers if you're using three strikers I don't think.

You're probably right. TBH I said I'd like to see all three incorperated in the starting 11 I ain't thought about rest of team. I am attack minded! Lol
4-3-1-2 off top of my head or 4-3-3 but like you said, no width

#15 User is offline   turrhall 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2016 - 01:09 PM

View PostGoku, on 30 September 2016 - 12:46 PM, said:

In theory, there is nothing wrong with a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond, the width is made up for by the fullbacks bombing forward. Two major problems for this team is that it totally negates Gboly; there's not space for him in the lineup, and Donahue/Maguire aren't suitably attacking - although it could work when Jones is fit again.

I wouldn't be too much in favour of it overall though. Trying to crowbar 3 strikers into the side is silly imo.

#16 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 30 September 2016 - 01:38 PM

I wondered the other night if it's possible to play Evans & Dennis up top with Wilkinson just behind? His link up play looks made for the job.

Would create other issues but worth considering.

#17 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2016 - 01:39 PM

View Postturrhall, on 30 September 2016 - 01:09 PM, said:

In theory, there is nothing wrong with a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond, the width is made up for by the fullbacks bombing forward. Two major problems for this team is that it totally negates Gboly; there's not space for him in the lineup, and Donahue/Maguire aren't suitably attacking - although it could work when Jones is fit again.

I wouldn't be too much in favour of it overall though. Trying to crowbar 3 strikers into the side is silly imo.

I wounldnt go as far to say it was silly. I'm just putting question out there and exploring options for when Evans is fit.
If i'd never saw the team before and they lined up as a front 3 or 1 just behind a front 2, I'd be looking forward to some attacking football and goals.
But, just chewing the fat over options, that's all and you're entitled to you're opinion. :-)

#18 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 30 September 2016 - 01:39 PM

View Posthilly81, on 30 September 2016 - 11:25 AM, said:

Isn't Evans a month or so away? A lot can happen before then. We might be desperate for him back in the side due to injury, loss of form etc.

Yes, it's probably not an option til November. It will be a nice option when it happens.

#19 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 30 September 2016 - 01:42 PM

View Postturrhall, on 30 September 2016 - 01:09 PM, said:

All hypothetic really from being touch and go for a couple of weeks, it's now four weeks.

If Carson is true to his words as reported on here, and he is found guilty again, he might not be back.
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#20 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:46 PM

View Postdanblue, on 30 September 2016 - 10:31 AM, said:

For me, Gboly needs benching.
Wether Evans comes in for Gboly or Mitchell comes in for Gboly and someone else is dropped for Evans (don't know who BTW) but Gboly for me has seriously dropped off the pace. Consistently inconsistent

Bolly has to pull his socks up if he is to get his big money move in January, I'd rather keep Wilko on current form. When Ched is fit, if both the young strikers are on form,I'd push Wilko wider has he has pace,power and skill to take on the defenders and create chances in the box.Play Ched up front with Dennis, then we only have to sort out the defence.
lindave

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users