• You cannot reply to this topic

More Gossip.

#61 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:03 PM

View PostBigBlue, on 24 May 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

Roy of the Rovers was a hot shot, not someone that scores 3 times in a season. Hope it may actually be another forward coming in.

Hotshot Hamish was a hotshot - there's a clue in the name.

Roy was the dynamic, blonde, god like talisman of Melchester Rovers..............
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#62 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:25 PM

View PostBigBlue, on 24 May 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

He knew where the net was at that level, he will be more suited to the league we find ourselves in now, I can see him getting somewhere near the 20 goal mark.

He might have scored a few more this season if we had managed to get the ball into the opponents area a bit more

#63 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:09 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 24 May 2017 - 01:13 PM, said:

The weeks other signing may excite some. :unsure:

Simple question - does it excite you?

#64 User is offline   tomjoad 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bruce Springsteen Southside Counting Crows Abbot ale and LMS no 8s!

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:10 PM

#65 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:16 PM

Its Donal I bet 😂
Here we go again!

#66 User is offline   Heart of a Niven 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:09 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 24 May 2017 - 12:48 PM, said:

Matty Koslyo, as rumoured previously, fits the bill better

Fits the bill as in he's a Full Contact player?

#67 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:09 PM

View PostTrigger, on 24 May 2017 - 03:16 PM, said:

Its Donal I bet 😂

http://www.thecfss.c...1
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#68 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:09 PM

View PostHeart of a Niven, on 24 May 2017 - 04:09 PM, said:

Fits the bill as in he's a Full Contact player?

Of course he is. Quelle surprise.

This post has been edited by 60s 70s Spireite: 24 May 2017 - 05:10 PM

#69 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:17 PM

View Posth again, on 23 May 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

Not that inferior, if results against them are anything to go by. Alright, skill levels are generally slightly lower, but the beggers still run just as fast, and we've lost the only bit of pace in the defence.
It's no good wishing for another Ryan/Morsy combination in midfield, who could break up play, shield the defence, and launch attacks.The quality of the midfielders we've got means that if they're having to shield the defence they aren't going to do much else - as we've seen for two seasons now by the lack of players getting in and around the opposition penalty box. The defence has to have the pace, particularly, and awareness to give the midfield the option of piling men forward, and on top of that it has to stand firm when under the cosh and from set pieces, another big, long-standing weakness. I can see nothing at the moment to suggest that's going to happen, or that the lessons of the past two seasons have been taken on board.
Still, early days. I wouldn't be relying too much on our opponents being inferior though but.

Perhaps you could clarify what you mean by 'sorting' the defence.

Three at the back? Four? Maybe five? Sitting deep or further forward? A sweeper in front or behind?

Or are you focussing upon the personnel. If so please name names - including why you think the two new recruits aren't up to the job.

#70 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:45 PM

View PostTrigger, on 24 May 2017 - 03:16 PM, said:

Its Donal I bet 😂

He would bring a creative dimension to the midfield so I'm not against this signing. However, I await the midfield general/enforcer; a player with bustle, power and tenacity and some experience that is essential imo

#71 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:53 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 24 May 2017 - 05:17 PM, said:

Perhaps you could clarify what you mean by 'sorting' the defence.

Three at the back? Four? Maybe five? Sitting deep or further forward? A sweeper in front or behind?

Or are you focussing upon the personnel. If so please name names - including why you think the two new recruits aren't up to the job.

I will. Wor it boils down to is that Sam Hird has no future at CH imo. With Wiseman we've got another Dean Holden. Nowt fancy, but pace, height, aggression.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#72 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Its fair to say i have a passing interest in chesterfield fc!

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:58 PM

View Postjonnythespireite, on 24 May 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

Hotshot Hamish was a hotshot - there's a clue in the name.

Roy was the dynamic, blonde, god like talisman of Melchester Rovers..............

So which one are we signing?
BRITISH BY BIRTH - ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

#73 User is offline   Blue95 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:07 PM

View Postdim view, on 24 May 2017 - 05:53 PM, said:

I will. Wor it boils down to is that Sam Hird has no future at CH imo. With Wiseman we've got another Dean Holden. Nowt fancy, but pace, height, aggression.

Dean Holden had pace?
Who put the ball in the Mansfield net? Super Jackie Lesterrrr

#74 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:11 PM

My original contribution contained a reference to Rodger Wylde leaving the Club accompanied by a rumour there'd been some sort of cock-up on the Club's part extending that process.

Because of it's sensitive nature I was happy to delete that comment when asked to do so.

Ashley Carson's since been in touch and has given me permission to post our exchange for which I'm grateful.

'Chris
Your Gossip is not helping, it just stirs up more negativity.

I sign off players deals, purely on a financial basis. I do not pick or choose players. Drew is a player on the back burner, if has not got a club then he may be worth a punt, but is not top of Gary's list.

I personally would not sign him.

Gary cancelled Roger's contract, not me. He had a discussion with Roger. I now have to sort a termination package. That is where we are at. Roger is still required for now to conduct medicals on the new signings.

No other problems. As always getting rid of people is near easy, especially when they have not done anything wrong.

I have no problem with you posting FACT, but your posting is simply not accurate.'

Fair enough, Ashley.

As I've always made abundantly clear the rumours I post are nothing more than that - just gossip I hear from various sources. What's more I'm always happy to clarify and/or apologise if mistaken, so I'd have no hesitation passing on your comments - if that's what you'd like - just as I immediately deleted the tittle-tattle concerning Rodger.

As for 'negativity', though, I think anything I or others post pales into insignificance compared to the numerous scandals, financial issues, player/staff/Boardroom exits, questionable appointments and, of course, lousy results that've led to the Club's demise.

Sorry to be blunt, Ashley, but get that stuff right and no one would be really bothered what's said on 'Bob's Board'.

Chris.

'Thank you for your response.

But Chris all your gossip is wrong and slanted at inaccuracies against me. This has to stop. I a, or prepared to be constantly used as a target when all I am trying to do is turn the club round.

I honestly believe that with the new signings we can have a very good season next year.

Two more signings this week.

I am happy for you to disclose contents, thank you for asking.

Sadly you are stuck with me and as there are no immediate investors, it will probably be for at least another couple of years.

I take on the chin the fact that I have been on the board during all the problems, but. It there alone. Where are all the others???

I try not to read BB, but I do think you are just too biased and quick to shoot me.

What about the Ched deal and David Brooks, I believe those two deals are fantastic for the club, all my work, but sadly no praise but hey I guess I would be scared if that happened.

Rant over
Ashley'

Perhaps the reason you feel posts, including any rumours of mine, are biased against you, Ashley, is because you're the only bloke really left running things. Plus our fans are in a very, very bad place given everything that has, and continues to happen. I wonder if you realise exactly how much suspicion and resentment there is amongst the many Spireites with whom I interact.

Let's be straight with one-another - it doesn't help when you appoint a former Assay Office employee on more money than his predecessor only for another applicant to contradict your version of events.

And without wanting to be a smart-ass you can't say player deals are nowt to do with you then claim credit for Evans' exit. Meanwhile supporters deciding whether or not to buy season tickets aren't gonna get excited over a youngster for whom we're essentially providing experience from which a disliked rival will benefit.

I'm interested in your estimate of being here 'at least a couple more years', too. How can you be so sure? Has Dave decided as much?

Anyway, I can only repeat what I've said; I'll always make it clear any tittle-tattle is merely just that and leave it for folks to accept or ignore it at their leisure. Just as I'll always be prepared to retract and apologise should I cross any kind of line.

PS: just to be civilised, you're happy for me to post your original reply word-for-word - okay? Plus the stuff about being here for a couple more years?

PPS: for what it's worth - and believe it or not - I'm actually on your side when it comes to taking action against genuinely abusive attacks.

Chris.

'Chris
As long as you portray positive gossip too I am happy.

Yes the Australians have. It responded for 4 weeks now and so we have considered that avenue closed.

DA does now not expect to seep whilst we are in League 2 so that is at least one more year, then let's see, but that is a long way off.

We may stay in this league for. Ore than one season.

I have told my side of the story regarding the Kit Man, I am no liar.

The Ched deal was mine and all deals going forward are signed off by me.

Season ticket sales really picked up this week.

Ashley'

Fair play to Ashley Carson for fighting his corner and allowing this discussion to be made public.

#75 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:24 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 24 May 2017 - 06:11 PM, said:

My original contribution contained a reference to Rodger Wylde leaving the Club accompanied by a rumour there'd been some sort of cock-up on the Club's part extending that process.

Because of it's sensitive nature I was happy to delete that comment when asked to do so.

Ashley Carson's since been in touch and has given me permission to post our exchange for which I'm grateful.

'Chris

I sign off players deals, purely on a financial basis. I do not pick or choose players. Drew is a player on the back burner, if has not got a club then he may be worth a punt, but is not top of Gary's list.

Gary cancelled Roger's contract, not me. He had a discussion with Roger. I now have to sort a termination package. That is where we are at. Roger is still required for now to conduct medicals on the new signings.

No other problems. As always getting rid of people is near easy, especially when they have not done anything wrong.

I have no problem with you posting FACT, but your posting is simply not accurate.'

Fair enough, Ashley.

As I've always made abundantly clear the rumours I post are nothing more than that - just gossip I hear from various sources. What's more I'm always happy to clarify and/or apologise if mistaken, so I'd have no hesitation passing on your comments - if that's what you'd like - just as I immediately deleted the tittle-tattle concerning Rodger.

As for 'negativity', though, I think anything I or others post pales into insignificance compared to the numerous scandals, financial issues, player/staff/Boardroom exits, questionable appointments and, of course, lousy results that've led to the Club's demise.

Sorry to be blunt, Ashley, but get that stuff right and no one would be really bothered what's said on 'Bob's Board'.

Chris.

But Chris all your gossip is wrong and slanted at inaccuracies against me. This has to stop. I a, or prepared to be constantly used as a target when all I am trying to do is turn the club round.

I honestly believe that with the new signings we can have a very good season next year.

Sadly you are stuck with me and as there are no immediate investors, it will probably be for at least another couple of years.

I take on the chin the fact that I have been on the board during all the problems, but. It there alone. Where are all the others???

I try not to read BB, but I do think you are just too biased and quick to shoot me.

What about the Ched deal and David Brooks, I believe those two deals are fantastic for the club, all my work, but sadly no praise but hey I guess I would be scared if that happened.

Rant over
Ashley'

Perhaps the reason you feel posts, including any rumours of mine, are biased against you, Ashley, is because you're the only bloke really left running things. Plus our fans are in a very, very bad place given everything that has, and continues to happen. I wonder if you realise exactly how much suspicion and resentment there is amongst the many Spireites with whom I interact.

Let's be straight with one-another - it doesn't help when you appoint a former Assay Office employee on more money than his predecessor only for another applicant to contradict your version of events.

And without wanting to be a smart-ass you can't say player deals are nowt to do with you then claim credit for Evans' exit. Meanwhile supporters deciding whether or not to buy season tickets aren't gonna get excited over a youngster for whom we're essentially providing experience from which a disliked rival will benefit.

I'm interested in your estimate of being here 'at least a couple more years', too. How can you be so sure? Has Dave decided as much?

Anyway, I can only repeat what I've said; I'll always make it clear any tittle-tattle is merely just that and leave it for folks to accept or ignore it at their leisure. Just as I'll always be prepared to retract and apologise should I cross any kind of line.

PS: just to be civilised, you're happy for me to post your original reply word-for-word - okay? Plus the stuff about being here for a couple more years?

PPS: for what it's worth - and believe it or not - I'm actually on your side when it comes to taking action against genuinely abusive attacks.

Chris.

'Chris

Yes the Australians have. It responded for 4 weeks now and so we have considered that avenue closed.

DA does now not expect to seep whilst we are in League 2 so that is at least one more year, then let's see, but that is a long way off.

Ashley'

Fair play to Ashley Carson for fighting his corner and allowing this discussion to be made public.

Congratulations ashley, on allowing sheff utd to use cfc as their bitch.
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#76 User is offline   Blue95 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:25 PM

'Chris

Fair enough, Ashley.

Chris.

Rant over
Ashley'

Chris.

'Chris

Ashley'

'I do not pick or choose players'
'Ched Evans and Brookes me me me'
Just the one anomaly so far
Who put the ball in the Mansfield net? Super Jackie Lesterrrr

#77 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:26 PM

Is that a knock on your door Chris??
#notapennymore

#78 User is offline   Looker-on 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:35 PM

Ashley'

Well, if they're not bothered anymore, it won't hurt to tell us who they were.
It's nice to be able to Trust again.

#79 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:04 PM

I find this very disconcerting. Why would Cary C sack somebody who Ashley believes has done nothing wrong?
This doesn't add up.

Contradictory stories about injuries and treatments abound, especially in the posh seats. Perhaps we can be told the truth.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#80 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:16 PM

View Postdim view, on 24 May 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

Perhaps we can be told the truth.

Good luck with that one.
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

Share this topic:

• (22 Pages)