• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spelling (again)

#21 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:13 AM

View Postmoondog, on 05 December 2010 - 09:14 AM, said:

Keith but you responded to the posting in question 5 hours earlier with a smiley !

If you aren't happy with any posting use the report to mods facility

Report to mods then you just prolong it and get accused of running to the powers that be,no thanks,i would sooner they grow up and act like adults,i may have a long wait there seems to be a queue of them wanting to have a go and it is wearing a bit thin,i am amazed this thread has run as long as it has to be honest,it is a message board you get typos and wasn't Denny in the middle of moving house,working and keeping this board going at the same time,i am surprised there wasn't more errors.....

#22 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:13 AM

View PostHaslandboi, on 05 December 2010 - 11:08 AM, said:

He is quite free to report me if he wishes, as are you. It works exactly the same.

Who will take action, if action is required?
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#23 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:16 AM

He is quite free to report me if he wishes, as are you. It works exactly the same.

I have got nothing to report you for ?

#24 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:18 AM

how the hell does someone that comes across as an argumentative pompous a-hole, get to be a mod anyway,

i would have thought mods were s'pose to keep more of a low key, rather than wind folk up.??
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#25 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:19 AM

View Postazul, on 05 December 2010 - 11:13 AM, said:

Who will take action, if action is required?

Well the admins are Denny, aspireite and... there's another one but I don't think he frequents this board anymore. Can't remember his name though :blush:

I'd imagine they would.

I have got nothing to report you for ?

In which case can we please end this feud? I'm sure nobody else finds it interesting to read.

how the hell does someone that comes across as an argumentative pompous a-hole, get to be a mod anyway,

i would have thought mods were s'pose to keep more of a low key, rather than wind folk up.??

You're not really getting anywhere by flaming me mate.

I've never been a low key kinda guy and that's not what is required to be a mod. Like I always say, if you honestly have a problem with my position on this forum then PM Denny or one of the other admins and state why.

I'll let the people I've spoken to here reply and then I'll close this thread, as the spelling issue has been corrected.

#26 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:29 AM

View PostDema Reborn, on 05 December 2010 - 11:13 AM, said:

Report to mods then you just prolong it and get accused of running to the powers that be,no thanks,i would sooner they grow up and act like adults,i may have a long wait there seems to be a queue of them wanting to have a go and it is wearing a bit thin,i am amazed this thread has run as long as it has to be honest,it is a message board you get typos and wasn't Denny in the middle of moving house,working and keeping this board going at the same time,i am surprised there wasn't more errors.....

I think on balance it's currently worth keeping this thread as maybe it will lead to an end of the public bickering.

There is the other option (preferred) of sending direct PM's to resolve issues directly, from what you have said HB has attempted to do this with you, why not respond in kind ?

I will delete Clarevoyant's joke if you genuinely thought it was offensive/getting at you (just report it) but your initial reaction seems to indicate you took it in the spirit it was meant.

#27 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:32 AM

View Postmoondog, on 05 December 2010 - 11:29 AM, said:

There is the other option (preferred) of sending direct PM's to resolve issues directly, from what you have said HB has attempted to do this with you, why not respond in kind

This is exactly what I mean. If anyone has a problem with me or any other mod please report it or sent a pm to someone in a higher position to avoid spamming this forum up? If you do actually have a problem and aren't just doing it for the attention then you won't mind taking it behind closed doors to someone higher up on the food chain as opposed to writing it in threads where everyone and their dog can put their 2penneth in.

#28 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:36 AM

View Postmoondog, on 05 December 2010 - 11:29 AM, said:

I think on balance it's currently worth keeping this thread as maybe it will lead to an end of the public bickering.

There is the other option (preferred) of sending direct PM's to resolve issues directly, from what you have said HB has attempted to do this with you, why not respond in kind ?

I will delete Clarevoyant's joke if you genuinely thought it was offensive/getting at you (just report it) but your initial reaction seems to indicate you took it in the spirit it was meant.

do you really think so MD, this board has in recent times become nothing more than a slang fest with posters trading insults on almost all threads,

the sooner we get back to winning ways the better everyone was happy then and the board was a much nicer place,

and i still believe the -/+ rating system has alot to do with it, if it is to stay can it be modified so that if someone -/+ rates a post they have to add a comment as to why?? if it was anonimous(spelled wrong i know) it wouldn't be abused as much.

#29 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:39 AM

View Postspireitetoo, on 05 December 2010 - 11:36 AM, said:

do you really think so MD, this board has in recent times become nothing more than a slang fest with posters trading insults on almost all threads,

the sooner we get back to winning ways the better everyone was happy then and the board was a much nicer place,

and i still believe the -/+ rating system has alot to do with it, if it is to stay can it be modified so that if someone -/+ rates a post they have to add a comment as to why?? if it was anonimous(spelled wrong i know) it wouldn't be abused as much.

I take your point and agree but as this is arguably a specific thread on postings standards maybe it's worthy of debate, so those in question get to know what the wider audience think

#30 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:45 AM

View Postspireitetoo, on 05 December 2010 - 11:36 AM, said:

He's probably right, I really don't wanna be arguing with people on here, all I wanna do is talk about CFC and it seems every topic at the minute is about anything but CFC. I'm sure most people feel the same.

The + and - thing could do with tweaking to be honest. If you could leave a reason anonymously (without your username being shown) it might not be a bad idea but leaving it with the person's username being shown would make things worse. I post on another forum which does this and there is a lot more slanging matches than on here. This, in general, is a very calm-natured forum compared to others I frequent.

To be honest though you can't really say this:

and then call for calm, that is a provocative statement and I've never had any problems with you so it seems like an attack out of the blue. But like I say, if you think that then you know who to PM ;)

#31 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:47 AM

View PostHaslandboi, on 05 December 2010 - 11:45 AM, said:

He's probably right, I really don't wanna be arguing with people on here, all I wanna do is talk about CFC and it seems every topic at the minute is about anything but CFC. I'm sure most people feel the same.

The + and - thing could do with tweaking to be honest. If you could leave a reason anonymously (without your username being shown) it might not be a bad idea but leaving it with the person's username being shown would make things worse. I post on another forum which does this and there is a lot more slanging matches than on here. This, in general, is a very calm-natured forum compared to others I frequent.

To be honest though you can't really say this:

and then call for calm, that is a provocative statement and I've never had any problems with you so it seems like an attack out of the blue. But like I say, if you think that then you know who to PM ;)

read it again, i never said thats WHAT you are i said its how you COME ACROSS, was not a personal attack its just the way you word posts and the use of the smileys ;)

This post has been edited by spireitetoo: 05 December 2010 - 11:49 AM

#32 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:52 AM

Okay fair enough :)

#33 User is offline   Meldrew 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:59 AM

Blimey, first post I've ever started as well. Better lie low for a while. :wub:

#34 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:31 PM

View PostMeldrew, on 05 December 2010 - 11:59 AM, said:

Blimey, first post I've ever started as well. Better lie low for a while. :wub:

To give yourself a chance try to "breath in"

If anyone should misconstrue this post it was said with a hint of humour and no offence intended
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#35 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:40 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 05 December 2010 - 12:31 PM, said:

If anyone should misconstrue this post it was said with a hint of humour and no offence intended

Fair enough but it had already been done and a specially made thread to do it,stick to football and you cannot go far wrong,i don't see other posters being treated the way i am,if you or anyone else doesn't like me use the ignore feature,i cannot and will not sit by and be ridiculed by ppl that don't know me....

#36 User is offline   Meldrew 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:45 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 05 December 2010 - 12:31 PM, said:

"Breathe" :rolleyes:

None taken.

#37 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:46 PM

View PostDema Reborn, on 05 December 2010 - 12:16 AM, said:

And i see Hasland Boi has selective deletion like i have already told him,posts like this should have gone ages ago but i suppose he will have an answer an excuse,why is this board full of (insert what you want ) and to think i helped clare get on the bridge bus,why do i waste my time when i get treated like this by ppl who do not know me,delete this by all means HB but don't patronise me with your private crap...

Bl@@@y hell if this was taken out of context then I apologise. I generally come on here for a laugh and banter (I think that's the new buzz word) because getting in to serious debate on here generally ends up with name calling and I tend to agree with one of the main protagonists most of the time anyway

Back to subject I did post my thanks to you for your help a few weeks ago and reiterate that this was posted in fun sorry
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#38 User is offline   If Carlsberg Made Chairmen 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:21 PM

View PostHaslandboi, on 05 December 2010 - 11:19 AM, said:

I've never been a low key kinda guy and that's not what is required to be a mod.

Good god, I had to rub my eyes at the latest moderator, still to come; Warfey types in English, Fishini takes over the Barrie Hubbard fan club, Darren Brown takes over the christmas club, we`re gonna hold a whip round for Mansfield Town.... :D
President HubbardPosted Image

#39 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:02 PM

View PostIf Carlsberg Made Chairmen, on 05 December 2010 - 01:21 PM, said:

Good god, I had to rub my eyes at the latest moderator, still to come; Warfey types in English, Fishini takes over the Barrie Hubbard fan club, Darren Brown takes over the christmas club, we`re gonna hold a whip round for Mansfield Town.... :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

and carlsberg develops a sense of humour, excellent post!

#40 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:50 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 05 December 2010 - 04:02 PM, said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

and carlsberg develops a sense of humour, excellent post!

Even better still a sense of reality. Or is that expecting a little too much?
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users