• You cannot reply to this topic

Fylde Match

#61 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 January 2020 - 06:17 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on 25 January 2020 - 06:11 PM, said:

It's never Dentons day. Most overhyped player we have. Handy for defending corners and that's about it.

Nobody hypes him up never mind over hypes, but some have defended him from moronic criticism. He is a good option to have from the bench imo. Service is the bigger issue.

#62 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 25 January 2020 - 06:28 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 25 January 2020 - 06:17 PM, said:

Nobody hypes him up never mind over hypes, but some have defended him from moronic criticism. He is a good option to have from the bench imo. Service is the bigger issue.

And the fact he is man handled all the time with no protection from the referee
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#63 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 25 January 2020 - 06:32 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 25 January 2020 - 06:08 PM, said:

Linesman stood watching em, never flagged, and obviously never gave the ref any advice, Denton was getting ragged all over everytime we got a corner, never got a thing.

He also missed every offside including the one for their goal. Did he flag for anything.
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#64 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2020 - 06:33 PM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 25 January 2020 - 06:06 PM, said:

Crap officiating yet again. The ref totally missed their man pinning Denton to the floor.

That player pinning Denton was Lewis Montrose who agreed to come here for the last season at Saltergate then told Sheridan he had changed his mind so we ripped up the contract

I am not making it an excuse for not winning but the linesman on the main stand side reached a new level in inaptitude for this season and there have been some shockers

How he did not see Montrose wrestling Denton to the ground in the penalty area beggars belief but on the other hand he had to have seen it but was too weak to make the decision

The time he took to give us a throw in deep in their half in the second half was so laughable you had to be actually witnessing it to believe it

On the match itself we needed a second goal when on top in the first half following Smiths left foot screamer into the bottom corner because they came into it as the match wore on and overall they probably deserved a point in the end

Juan had to make more saves than their keeper which probably gives more of an indication of how the match went and he was our man of the match imo

If the Jordan Sinnott news is true then that is shocking news and condolences to his family

RIP

#65 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 25 January 2020 - 06:37 PM

View Postwhittman, on 25 January 2020 - 06:33 PM, said:

That player pinning Denton was Lewis Montrose who agreed to come here for the last season at Saltergate then told Sheridan he had changed his mind so we ripped up the contract

I am not making it an excuse for not winning but the linesman on the main stand side reached a new level in inaptitude for this season and there have been some shockers

How he did not see Montrose wrestling Denton to the ground in the penalty area beggars belief but on the other hand he had to have seen it but was too weak to make the decision

The time he took to give us a throw in deep in their half in the second half was so laughable you had to be actually witnessing it to believe it

On the match itself we needed a second goal when on top in the first half following Smiths left foot screamer into the bottom corner because they came into it as the match wore on and overall they probably deserved a point in the end

Juan had to make more saves than their keeper which probably gives more of an indication of how the match went and he was our man of the match imo

If the Jordan Sinnott news is true then that is shocking news and condolences to his family

RIP

not dead.....on life support.
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#66 User is offline   Nitrous Oxide 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2020 - 06:39 PM

From where I sit their goal should've been flagged for offside. But they probably deserved a point. Not sure how Denton didn't get more free kicks or a penalty. More holding than a wrestling match.

#67 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 25 January 2020 - 06:42 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 25 January 2020 - 06:08 PM, said:

Linesman stood watching em, never flagged, and obviously never gave the ref any advice, Denton was getting ragged all over everytime we got a corner, never got a thing.

I get tired of hearing this. Do people really think that our hairy asssed battering ram is always 'choir boy' innocent? The games in which he has a mans' battle with his markers (it's mostly one behind one in front) in which they pull, elbow, and shove 7 bells out of each other with the ref letting everything go are always the most entertaining. I thought it was a rate good game today, a mans' game. That's why Mandeville couldn't compete.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#68 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2020 - 06:42 PM

View PostJohnnyspireite7, on 25 January 2020 - 06:37 PM, said:

not dead.....on life support.

Thanks that at least gives hope that something positive might still happen for him

Keep fighting Jordan he always gave 100% when playing for us I think and he was not helped with that ankle injury at the time

#69 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 25 January 2020 - 06:54 PM

Well said - everyone who defends him knows his limitations

What I don’t understand, if he is so crap, why did Fylde always have a minimum of 2 fouling him and why aren’t we able exploit this doubling up elsewhere on the pitch.

I reckon we should send him out with weakened stitching on his shirt and he’d be wearing a bib after 10 minutes.
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#70 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 25 January 2020 - 06:56 PM

View PostNitrous Oxide, on 25 January 2020 - 06:39 PM, said:

From where I sit their goal should've been flagged for offside. But they probably deserved a point. Not sure how Denton didn't get more free kicks or a penalty. More holding than a wrestling match.

Not offside. When the ball was played through Yarney tried to play him off and mistimed it completely. All Yarney's fault, apart from the fact that Mandeville never put the tackle in on the halfway line.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#71 User is offline   Exharboroughspireite 

• ExHarboroughspireite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2020 - 06:58 PM

Elephant in the room is Denton’s inability to fight, muscle and compete for a ball. There is nothing about him, no backside, shoulder or upper body strength to shove off defenders. Where’s the aggression?

#72 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 25 January 2020 - 06:59 PM

View Postfishini, on 25 January 2020 - 06:32 PM, said:

He also missed every offside including the one for their goal. Did he flag for anything.

I don’t think he put his flag up once

How those idiots missed the defender pinning him to the ground by his throat for 10 seconds just because he blocked scrambled effort was unbelievable
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#73 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 25 January 2020 - 07:03 PM

I don't agree with you, ex harborough. I also thought he put himself about a lot today and laid off a number of passes really well in and around the box. Not enough crosses for him to attack close to goal as usual, mostly stuff with his back to goal, but I doubt he'd be starting if Fondop was fit and I wouldn't argue with that.

This post has been edited by Spire-Power: 25 January 2020 - 07:04 PM

#74 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 25 January 2020 - 07:05 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 25 January 2020 - 07:03 PM, said:

I don't agree with you, ex harborough. I also thought he put himself about a lot today and laid off a number of passes really well in and around the box. Not enough crosses for him to attack close to goal as usual, mostly stuff with his back to goal, but I doubt he'd be starting if Fondop was fit and I wouldn't argue with that.

Wasn't Fondop banned not injured?
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#75 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 25 January 2020 - 07:06 PM

View PostJohnnyspireite7, on 25 January 2020 - 07:05 PM, said:

Wasn't Fondop banned not injured?

Yes banned.I meant available.

#76 User is online   Chewy 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2020 - 07:09 PM

View PostExharboroughspireite, on 25 January 2020 - 06:58 PM, said:

Elephant in the room is Denton’s inability to fight, muscle and compete for a ball. There is nothing about him, no backside, shoulder or upper body strength to shove off defenders. Where’s the aggression?

Every goal kick, corner, free kick they surrounded him with 2 or 3 players dragging his shirt locking his arms.. Jumping into him. It was laughable the refs non action to all this. F all to do with Tom's strength.. Is that honestly how you saw it?

#77 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 25 January 2020 - 07:09 PM

View PostNitrous Oxide, on 25 January 2020 - 06:39 PM, said:

Fylde deserved a point no doubt and they seemed to have more and better chances to win it.

#78 User is online   Chewy 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2020 - 07:10 PM

Every goal kick, corner, free kick they surrounded him with 2 or 3 players dragging his shirt locking his arms.. Jumping into him. It was laughable the refs non action to all this. F all to do with Tom's strength.. Is that honestly how you saw it?

#79 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2020 - 07:12 PM

Spot on. Never seen such a unit of a player be so feeble and get bullied about so much. Yet another weak immobile passenger that needs releasing at the end of the season if we’re to progress at all.

#80 User is online   Chewy 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2020 - 07:15 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on 25 January 2020 - 06:11 PM, said:

It's never Dentons day. Most overhyped player we have. Handy for defending corners and that's about it.

Did you go Matt? I'm defending Tom today.. Ref took god forsaking brown stuff stupidity to a new level and not a good one.

Share this topic:

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users