Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Cant get to Blathers testimonial - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cant get to Blathers testimonial

#1 User is offline   Hoare (400) 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 12:58 PM

Cant get to Blathers testimonial, so I am going to send 20 quid to his fund instead, does anyone know who and where to send a cheque to please??

Hoare (400)

#2 User is offline   onlyonefinfolan 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2007 - 05:25 PM

mikeb@sensegroup.co.uk

That was the e mail given when appealling for helpers - I think it's his brother Mike - he'll tell you

#3 User is offline   Doctor66 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:31 PM

View PostHoare (400), on Jul 19 2007, 01:58 PM, said:

Cant get to Blathers testimonial, so I am going to send 20 quid to his fund instead, does anyone know who and where to send a cheque to please??
Hoare (400)

Thanks for this gesture. If you email me at mikeb@sensegroup.co.uk then I will give you the address. I am sure Steven will want to send you something, perhaps a signed testimonial brochure?

Steven is looking forward to the match now and we seem to have got everything ready but it has been hard work. Just hope the weather is fit and a few turn out.

Cheers on Stevens behalf,
Michael Blatherwick

#4 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:33 PM

View PostDoctor66, on Jul 19 2007, 10:31 PM, said:

Thanks for this gesture. If you email me at mikeb@sensegroup.co.uk then I will give you the address. I am sure Steven will want to send you something, perhaps a signed testimonial brochure?

Steven is looking forward to the match now and we seem to have got everything ready but it has been hard work. Just hope the weather is fit and a few turn out.

Cheers on Stevens behalf,
Michael Blatherwick

Is he going to play for a few minutes?

#5 User is offline   Doctor66 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:53 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on Jul 19 2007, 10:33 PM, said:

Is he going to play for a few minutes?

His back is pretty bad and he cant do anything that would potentially make it worse. He would love to play and get stuck in but is a bit worried about the whole event, getting the game on hasnt been easy. Phil Tooley (who has been a massive help) and I are trying to talk him into it, even if it is literally to kick the match off and then get off the pitch.

#6 User is offline   Bugerov 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:22 PM

View PostDoctor66, on Jul 19 2007, 10:53 PM, said:

His back is pretty bad and he cant do anything that would potentially make it worse. He would love to play and get stuck in but is a bit worried about the whole event, getting the game on hasnt been easy. Phil Tooley (who has been a massive help) and I are trying to talk him into it, even if it is literally to kick the match off and then get off the pitch.

Floods forecast. Wonder what happens if pitch is unplayable. Does Blathers miss out or is it rearranged?
Bring Sakashvili to justice

#7 Guest_spireiteblue_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:25 PM

View Postlatewinner, on Jul 19 2007, 11:22 PM, said:

Floods forecast. Wonder what happens if pitch is unplayable. Does Blathers miss out or is it rearranged?

I don't know how bad it is going to rain but that pitch has been noted as one of the best for drainage,i don't see there being a problem with it.

#8 User is offline   Mr Brooks 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC<br />Golf<br />England

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:14 AM

View PostDoctor66, on Jul 19 2007, 10:53 PM, said:

Lets hope so......

ALL THE BEST BLATHERS
HE SCORES FROM THE LEFT HE SCORES FROM THE RIGHT
SUPA JACK LESTER WILL MAKE YOU LOOK S..TE

#9 User is offline   Mr.Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:42 AM

I can't get either......other coimmitments.

Really wanted to go....

#10 User is offline   Balearic Mac 

• If you see it, say it...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:48 AM

View PostMr.Spireite, on Jul 20 2007, 09:42 AM, said:

I can't get either......other coimmitments.

Really wanted to go....

Tore a hamstring playing cricket last week so Blathers can count on a few quid from me now.
"and a pair of those Geoff Mitchell glasses, please."

#11 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:08 AM

View PostBalearic Mac, on Jul 20 2007, 09:48 AM, said:

Tore a hamstring playing cricket last week so Blathers can count on a few quid from me now.

Do you want to borrow my walking stick :D ,i feel i will be the only one there :(

#12 User is offline   Doughnut 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:08 AM

View PostBalearic Mac, on Jul 20 2007, 09:48 AM, said:

Nasty. I managed to tear the muscles in my side whilst bowling last season. As I got to the coil position I heard several noises that sounded like twigs breaking, next thing I know I'm on the floor holding onto my sides in a fair bit of pain. I was out for 3 weeks, no cricket, no weights, no running or anything remotely physical. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

#13 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:27 AM

Two Forest fans have replied to a post i put on there rivals,both not coming,one excuse the weather and yes the other 1pm kick off,i really hope we have a decent turn out for Blathers,they are not having any official coaches,due to lack of interest,i hope they fill up there cars....

#14 User is offline   Balearic Mac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:34 AM

View PostDoughnut, on Jul 20 2007, 11:08 AM, said:

Nasty. I managed to tear the muscles in my side whilst bowling last season. As I got to the coil position I heard several noises that sounded like twigs breaking, next thing I know I'm on the floor holding onto my sides in a fair bit of pain. I was out for 3 weeks, no cricket, no weights, no running or anything remotely physical. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

I also pulled a muscle in my side whilst bowling - somewhere just below the rib cage and it hurts to cough, sneeze or laugh. Thank God the miserable summer has kept the hayfever at bay.

I'm seriously wondering if the 21 year break between overs has perhaps been a little too long..

#15 User is offline   marlons curtains 

• Key Player
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:37 AM

View Postspireiteblue, on Jul 20 2007, 11:27 AM, said:

Two Forest fans have replied to a post i put on there rivals,both not coming,one excuse the weather and yes the other 1pm kick off,i really hope we have a decent turn out for Blathers,they are not having any official coaches,due to lack of interest,i hope they fill up there cars....

Worried about weather? get em to play it out here in Paphos..... bloody boiling... nice to get into internet cafe for some decent air on...

And now its live commentary on World, thats Marlons saturday afternoon in Paphos sorted... beats the Troodos Mountains...... :D
Posted Image

#16 Guest_MP-Spire_*

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:07 AM

View PostBalearic Mac, on Jul 20 2007, 11:34 AM, said:

I also pulled a muscle in my side whilst bowling - somewhere just below the rib cage and it hurts to cough, sneeze or laugh. Thank God the miserable summer has kept the hayfever at bay.

I'm seriously wondering if the 21 year break between overs has perhaps been a little too long..

Jesus, listen at sicknote!

#17 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:12 AM

View Postmarlons curtains, on Jul 20 2007, 11:37 AM, said:

Worried about weather? get em to play it out here in Paphos..... B****Y boiling... nice to get into internet cafe for some decent air on...

And now its live commentary on World, thats Marlons saturday afternoon in Paphos sorted... beats the Troodos Mountains...... :D

Don't forget the booze Si,you jammy so an so :(

#18 User is offline   Balearic Mac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:20 AM

View PostMP-Spire, on Jul 20 2007, 12:07 PM, said:

Jesus, listen at sicknote!

Can't disagree with you there...

It doesn't seem like 5 minutes ago when I used to listen to senior players moaning about their aches and pains. Now I'm the undisputed leader of their club....

#19 User is offline   Coups 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:ermm...... Football

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:41 AM

View Postmarlons curtains, on Jul 20 2007, 11:37 AM, said:

Worried about weather? get em to play it out here in Paphos..... B****Y boiling... nice to get into internet cafe for some decent air on...

And now its live commentary on World, thats Marlons saturday afternoon in Paphos sorted... beats the Troodos Mountains...... :(

Isn't Paphos where the boring farts go, Ayia Napa is where the lively stuff is...... sums you up Si :D
just bounce if you love the town

#20 User is offline   Doughnut 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:54 AM

View PostBalearic Mac, on Jul 20 2007, 11:34 AM, said:

:D Ha ha, you're probably right but you've no excuses... 21 years is ample time to warm up! Who do you play for?

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users