• You cannot reply to this topic

First Signing

#21 User is offline   dazcarrlegend 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 May 2023 - 07:54 PM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 13 May 2023 - 05:58 PM, said:

New keeper. Average but not good enough.

Fitzy was superb today, first goal aside. Great with the ball at his feet, commanding in his box. Second goal was a fluke.

Personally I think he is the best we have had since Tommy

#22 User is offline   To the Winchester 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2023 - 08:03 PM

View Postdazcarrlegend, on 13 May 2023 - 07:54 PM, said:

Fitzy was superb today, first goal aside. Great with the ball at his feet, commanding in his box. Second goal was a fluke.

Hahahahahahahahaha

#23 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 13 May 2023 - 08:38 PM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 13 May 2023 - 05:58 PM, said:

New keeper. Average but not good enough.

And how well did the County keeper do today?
Give your head a wobble

#24 User is offline   Spireiteboy155 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2023 - 09:28 PM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 13 May 2023 - 06:53 PM, said:

Shocking goals to concede. If we had a decent keeper we are league 2. Simple as that. Therefore get rid.

I bet you stroked yourself into heaven when their winning penalty went in.
Why do you even pretend to be one of us?

#25 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2023 - 09:45 PM

View Postdanblue, on 13 May 2023 - 08:38 PM, said:

And how well did the County keeper do today?
Give your head a wobble

Slocombe? Exactly. Gifted us one goal, gave us a superb change of another just before with the indirect free kick, and did little to redeem himself.

#26 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2023 - 10:12 PM

View PostSpireiteboy155, on 13 May 2023 - 06:06 PM, said:

Fitz has done well but I’d agree that’s he not a TOP keeper.

The issue today wasn’t him though.
Cook’s negative substitutions cost us that. It almost did last week (and he admitted as much) but didn’t learn today.

negative substitutions? in the main part we made subs because players were struggling so had to make changes, cook was urging team to push forward at every turn.
as for fitz, not a good day for him today

#27 User is offline   Spireite93 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2023 - 10:25 PM

I haven't seen the free kick back yet so don't want to place too much blame but it seems like a mistake that has cost us when we were a couple of minutes away, however it's the story of our season, cut out these silly mistakes and we push for the title this year with almost of mot over 100 points.

Fitz has been the better of the 2 keepers we've had this season, we saw how iffy Slocombe was today (maybe nerves) but these players are in this league for a season and with the greatest respect to Fitz, if we do want to go and win it next year, we possibly need better. I'd be more than happy with him as backup, but I doubt he'd be pleased about that

I'm a massive Cook fan and will defend him to the hilt but taking off Dallas and Colclough today blew my mind, in my opinion Dobra should have gone off but then he produced that goal which possibly justified Cooks decision to leave him on somewhat

Was crying out for McCallum to come on with 5 minutes left of extra time given he's taken a few penalties this season.

2nd half, we just sat back soooo much! Think we had one chance from Colclough, we could have afforded to push a bit more and try and get a 2nd, we were defending that lead almost from the moment we got it and it was inevitable we were gonna break at some point, I'm surprised it took so long.

Huge praise for Grimes and to a lesser extent Palmer. Defended with their lives today.

I'm proud! All the talk pre match was how County deserve to go up with 107 points and some expected a rollover, we matched them today and we didn't even play as well as we could have which I think is the disappointing thing, we absolutely had them on toast for the first part of that first half and a second goal would have killed it for them but we never got it in normal time

#28 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2023 - 05:29 AM

View Postdazcarrlegend, on 13 May 2023 - 07:54 PM, said:

hogwash - he cost us the game, had nothing to do and then committed a howler to give them a goal - poor punch for second as well

Simply not good enough and never has been, shame as we had a proven keeper at this level but the fans decided to make it difficult to play him and called him a clown due to one incident in the first game of the season

#29 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 14 May 2023 - 05:57 AM

View PostPiemuncher, on 13 May 2023 - 06:49 PM, said:

Fitz has been top drawer, we are not going to get any better

Why aren’t we?
A new hope.

#30 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 14 May 2023 - 07:07 AM

Course we can. He has cost us promotion. He didn’t get near a penalty. If we want to go up ideally we want a better keeper.

#31 User is offline   LondonBlue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2023 - 07:09 AM

View PostGoku, on 14 May 2023 - 07:07 AM, said:

Course we can. He has cost us promotion. He didn’t get near a penalty. If we want to go up ideally we want a better keeper.

He looked massively short of confidence for the pens didn’t he. I never felt he would save one. For me, Fitz came in last minute this season and overall he’s done better than I expected. I’d happily have him here next year but as a number 2. I’d go and try and get Ryan Boot from Solihull. Can understand people saying Ashmore but he’s a shot stopper and Cookie wants a sweeper, can’t see Ashmore running 30 yards off his line to clear a through ball can you? Blokes about 22 stone.

#32 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2023 - 07:11 AM

View PostCartman, on 14 May 2023 - 05:29 AM, said:

hogwash - he cost us the game, had nothing to do and then committed a howler to give them a goal - poor punch for second as well

Simply not good enough and never has been, shame as we had a proven keeper at this level but the fans decided to make it difficult to play him and called him a clown due to one incident in the first game of the season

We can analyse Fitz's performance yesterday as much as we like but over the season he has been way way ahead of Covolan.

Fitz is just as much a proven keeper at NL level as Covolan is too and it wasn't just one incident as to why the crowd made it difficult for him either. When he got back into the team we went on a poor run of results.

That said, I do feel Cook now has an opportunity to improve on this department of the team with Covolan's loan expiring and Fitz being out of contract.

#33 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 14 May 2023 - 07:30 AM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 13 May 2023 - 06:53 PM, said:

Shocking goals to concede. If we had a decent keeper we are league 2. Simple as that. Therefore get rid.

Well given that you said we would limp into the play offs you complete tool, we exceeded your prediction by a country mile.

Can you either stop being so blimey negative next season or preferably just **** off altogether.

#34 User is offline   Nickycw 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2023 - 08:13 AM

View Postspireitenag, on 13 May 2023 - 07:49 PM, said:

Hate to say it.
Nathan Ashmore would be the man for me.

No chance he comes here IMO after all the drama we’ve had with him

#35 User is offline   Rodney's Moustache 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2023 - 08:18 AM

He's cost us the game today and he's made four errors that led to goals in the last five games. Torquay, Bromley and two today. keep him as back up and sign Grant Smith if we can,

#36 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2023 - 08:20 AM

View PostSpireite93, on 13 May 2023 - 10:25 PM, said:

I haven't seen the free kick back yet so don't want to place too much blame but it seems like a mistake that has cost us when we were a couple of minutes away, however it's the story of our season, cut out these silly mistakes and we push for the title this year with almost of mot over 100 points.

Fitz has been the better of the 2 keepers we've had this season, we saw how iffy Slocombe was today (maybe nerves) but these players are in this league for a season and with the greatest respect to Fitz, if we do want to go and win it next year, we possibly need better. I'd be more than happy with him as backup, but I doubt he'd be pleased about that

I'm a massive Cook fan and will defend him to the hilt but taking off Dallas and Colclough today blew my mind, in my opinion Dobra should have gone off but then he produced that goal which possibly justified Cooks decision to leave him on somewhat

Was crying out for McCallum to come on with 5 minutes left of extra time given he's taken a few penalties this season.

2nd half, we just sat back soooo much! Think we had one chance from Colclough, we could have afforded to push a bit more and try and get a 2nd, we were defending that lead almost from the moment we got it and it was inevitable we were gonna break at some point, I'm surprised it took so long.

Huge praise for Grimes and to a lesser extent Palmer. Defended with their lives today.

I'm proud! All the talk pre match was how County deserve to go up with 107 points and some expected a rollover, we matched them today and we didn't even play as well as we could have which I think is the disappointing thing, we absolutely had them on toast for the first part of that first half and a second goal would have killed it for them but we never got it in normal time

As you say he will not want to be a back up keeper. Look when he was back up to Covolan, he spat his dummy out and wanted to go to Scunthorpe of all teams. So if he is not number 1 keeper he will be gone for sure. I think better are out there.

What an atmosphere we created at the national stadium, I still have a hoarse voice.

We were well on top first half and it's a pity we couldn't put them to the sword before half time. But going in at just 1 up you just know their manager will have told them to go all guns blazing second half and throw the kitchen sink at us. As it proved they were all over us and it was only a question of time before they went level. Just that little bit of something lacking to finish teams off.

I would like to think Dallas will stay but no doubt he will be off to a league 2 team. If he does stay I would like to sign someone like Mc.Callum as those 2 seemed to gel as a strike pair.

#37 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 14 May 2023 - 08:36 AM

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=BizdS1NTaYw

Keepers error far worse than I though
A new hope.

#38 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 14 May 2023 - 08:36 AM

View Postspireitenag, on 13 May 2023 - 07:49 PM, said:

Hate to say it.
Nathan Ashmore would be the man for me.

A top keeper even though he is a nob I'd have him here. My no.1 signing would be Dallas.
lindave

#39 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2023 - 08:44 AM

View PostWooden Spoon, on 14 May 2023 - 08:36 AM, said:

Their manager said they KNEW Fitz leaves big big gaps, so targeted him.

#40 User is offline   Nickycw 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2023 - 08:48 AM

View PostWooden Spoon, on 14 May 2023 - 08:36 AM, said:

Eesh. Not good at all. Didn’t realise he flapped at the second one too

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +