Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Robertson, Ward & Niven - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Robertson, Ward & Niven

#21 Guest_MP-Spire_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:52 AM

View Postbluespireite, on Feb 24 2008, 12:12 AM, said:

Brentford's performance was 'p poor' because we helped make it so. Give the lads some credit.

What did we do to stop them playing? They couldn't play and thankfully, their front two were a couple of donkeys. We were marginally better, but we shouldn't concern ourselves with performances now, just winning a game is a bonus.

#22 User is offline   bluespireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:55 AM

View PostMP-Spire, on Feb 24 2008, 06:52 AM, said:

What did we do to stop them playing? They couldn't play and thankfully, their front two were a couple of donkeys. We were marginally better, but we shouldn't concern ourselves with performances now, just winning a game is a bonus.

Clearly we did something right because they arrived on the back of being undeafeated in nine so I presume they coiuld play then and their front two weren't donkeys either. Get off the lads back and give credit where it is due.

#23 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:07 AM

View PostMurrayBu, on Feb 23 2008, 06:14 PM, said:

I'm playing devil's advocate here, but;

Did the inclusions of Hartley, Kerry & Dowson emphasise Robertson's, Niven's & Ward's shortcomings today?

I thought that they all offered something a bit less one-dimensional, but are they the 'long-term' answers?

richardson had to play all 3 else it would have ben a wasted time signing them,i heard that the sunderland pairing were decent types,as for the 3 that missed out well it is a fact that niven and robertson are not good enough,niven has had a really poor season ,the way he plays the game he can only get worse as the years go on imo,robertson isnt the answer for town either,he is weak and slow from a standing start ,probably why players get round the back of him,as for ward well he will be ok,but needed dropping as his play has started to go downhill the more fustrated he gets with his lack of goals
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#24 User is offline   carlT 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2008 - 09:09 AM

View Postspireiteluke, on Feb 23 2008, 07:29 PM, said:

Some spelling lessons might be needed for you, lol but yes I agree Ward shouldve been brought on rather than Fletcher and also Niven shouldve started rather than Winter.

I think the reson for introducing Fletch was that their big man at the back was carrying an injury, and thoughts would have been to exploit that, it didnt quite work but to me it was good thinking?

#25 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2008 - 09:17 AM

View Postbonnyman, on Feb 24 2008, 08:07 AM, said:

richardson had to play all 3 else it would have ben a wasted time signing them,i heard that the sunderland pairing were decent types,as for the 3 that missed out well it is a fact that niven and robertson are not good enough,niven has had a really poor season ,the way he plays the game he can only get worse as the years go on imo,robertson isnt the answer for town either,he is weak and slow from a standing start ,probably why players get round the back of him,as for ward well he will be ok,but needed dropping as his play has started to go downhill the more fustrated he gets with his lack of goals

I liked Hartleys strenght but I to perosnally think Robbo is a better left back for us, having said that it's only one showing for the new lad and with Robbo definately out for a while we have time to see him more.

I to thought the game went against us more after Fletch came on and I would also have stretched them with the introduction of Wardy! It was crying out for him to rum at um as they were commited to getting something out of the game! Fletch and Jack where never going to do this in a million years and this was proved as I don't think we had a shot in the 2nd half, which in turn invited pressure on us, with Bazza saving us on a couple of occasions! Nearly made a clanger in the 1st half infront of the kop though, but reacted quick to snuff out the danger.

I also agree with MP, it was a very dull poor game with neither side mustering much in the way of chances! But the three positives I take from the game are that we took all three points for the first time in long time lol, battled as a team (at long last) and I got to see us win on my birthday :( 21 yesterday :D :blink:
#notapennymore

#26 User is offline   chloe 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:06 AM

View Postspireiteluke, on Feb 23 2008, 07:29 PM, said:

Some spelling lessons might be needed for you, lol but yes I agree Ward shouldve been brought on rather than Fletcher and also Niven shouldve started rather than Winter.

excuse me does it matter if i can spell or not if i made the point and u understud then really does it matter we are on here trying to talk for the best of chesterfield football club not on how i can spell i am sorry but you are pathetic everybody has a down fall and spelling is mine is that ok for you

#27 Guest_MP-Spire_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:41 AM

View Postbluespireite, on Feb 24 2008, 07:55 AM, said:

Clearly we did something right because they arrived on the back of being undeafeated in nine so I presume they coiuld play then and their front two weren't donkeys either. Get off the lads back and give credit where it is due.

Show me where I've been on their backs.

#28 User is offline   Mr Blue Sky 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Football, pub, football, pub, football, pub etc

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:43 AM

View Postchloe, on Feb 24 2008, 10:06 AM, said:

excuse me does it matter if i can spell or not if i made the point and u understud then really does it matter we are on here trying to talk for the best of chesterfield football club not on how i can spell i am sorry but you are pathetic everybody has a down fall and spelling is mine is that ok for you

yes but you said all that right lol, apart from understood. lol only jokin :blink:

#29 User is offline   chloe 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:03 PM

View Postcfc-ash, on Feb 24 2008, 10:43 AM, said:

yes but you said all that right lol, apart from understood. lol only jokin ;)

haha bless you lol thanks i thank all the people that have stuck up for me :D

#30 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2008 - 05:34 PM

1)Robertson getting injured is no big loss - could be a blessing in disguise (His so called defending is awfull)

I thought the lad Hartley was solid if not spectacular but did a job.

2)Ward & Niven have under performed big time this season and therefore they need some time on the bench. How many goals has Ward scored this season 5 or 6 from your second striker this is not good enough.

Niven has not had many games where he has dominated the midfield and has had a poor season.

Yesterday game

Positives

3 Points
Clean Sheet

Overall a very scrappy game but we will take the points.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users