Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: exibition this morn - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

exibition this morn

#21 User is offline   h again 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:12 PM

View PostSpireiteDel, on Feb 23 2008, 10:58 PM, said:

I didn't get to go as I was at work in Deedah land however, after watching the video on website I was really impressed (and this is coming from someone who didn't want to give up Saltergate or terracing).

I can't see how parking would be a major problem. Most of parking round ground is street parking anyway, which would be exactly same down there.

Good to see the new development so well-presented. It'll be just like everywhere else with vast open spaces for cars and very little on an intimate or 'human' scale - think Milton Keynes. However, I suppose it's the way things have to be these days. One thing's for sure - you don't want to be trying to get out of the football club car park onto Sheffield Road after the game. It's going to take absolutely hours unless the plod will provide some sort of traffic control.

#22 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 24 February 2008 - 05:31 AM

View Posth again, on Feb 23 2008, 11:12 PM, said:

Good to see the new development so well-presented. It'll be just like everywhere else with vast open spaces for cars and very little on an intimate or 'human' scale - think Milton Keynes. However, I suppose it's the way things have to be these days. One thing's for sure - you don't want to be trying to get out of the football club car park onto Sheffield Road after the game. It's going to take absolutely hours unless the plod will provide some sort of traffic control.

I though it was a superb stadium
A new hope.

#23 User is offline   Dronny Spireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:45 AM

View Posth again, on Feb 23 2008, 11:12 PM, said:

They're on about putting traffic lights there
SPIREITE TILL I DIE

#24 User is offline   Paul Fisher 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:55 AM

View PostMr.Spireite, on Feb 23 2008, 08:05 PM, said:

People do work usually during the week, Saturday is the usual big shop day for a good proportion of people and it is a valid point.

Personally looking at the site plans in the DT it's all very tight and to me there looks like a lack of on site parking for Tescos as well, all very strange.....

Sorry thats ruhbarb.....times change Saturday is no longer the BIG SHOP day people change times change....24hr seven day shopping is the norm..so its not a valid point is not a grip with reality the sooner people realise that we live in a commercial 24hr world the better...

Your argument many moons ago that the ground couldn't be expanded if needs be has fell to ground I have seen....

#25 User is offline   Bugerov 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:58 AM

View Postdeath, on Feb 24 2008, 05:31 AM, said:

Shame they cant make adjustments to the ends behind the goals. Could they not save money on the away end by installing fewer seats (possibly making it a family stand) ... and spend the saving on kop terracing? If any changes reduced the overall capacity to 9000 that would not be a problem, as it can be expanded by filling in the corners if the need ever arises
Bring Sakashvili to justice

#26 Guest_spireiteblue_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:25 PM

View Postdalekpete, on Feb 23 2008, 10:56 PM, said:

I can only think of one but it depends where the park-and-ride car park goes. If it is on the auction site, the existing Tescos or Pearsons then it will make a significant difference. Much of the land beyond Dema is industrial or commercial. While the exhibition has been on I have had to park around that area. There are lots of small private car parks in concerns that don't work on a Saturday. There are also hundreds of yards of streets with no residences on them. For example, if we opened tomorrow I would park on Pottery Lane East.

I don't know anyone who is a regular at the Rec that actually pays to park. For more than a decade I have utilised the car park of a business that is closed when we play. Others park on the streets in Newbold or used other "private" car parks.

Comparing the Rec and the new Rec I think that in terms of casual parking the new site offers more opportunities.

I asked about the park and ride and the guy from the council wasn't sure about it but it was one of the things they were looking at,he also said a lot of the local schools ie Peter Websters could be used on match days,maybe they could expand the small car park at the bottom of Stand Road park i didn't ask but it could be done i suppose.

I have never paid to park at games at the Rec i always park on Hawksley Avenue and away from ppls houses and i would hope and expect ppl to park sensibly at the new stadium.

#27 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:27 PM

The automated ticket barriers were brilliant and so easy to use as well.

#28 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:30 PM

View Postspireiteblue, on Feb 24 2008, 12:27 PM, said:

The automated ticket barriers were brilliant and so easy to use as well.

& so easy to fiddle.

#29 User is offline   Dronny Spireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:32 PM

Automated ticket barriers ? ;)
SPIREITE TILL I DIE

#30 User is offline   Scampi 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:35 PM

View PostDronny Spireite, on Feb 24 2008, 12:32 PM, said:

Automated ticket barriers ? ;)

We are possibly having these

#31 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:36 PM

View Postmr. smith, on Feb 24 2008, 12:30 PM, said:

& so easy to fiddle.

So you can use any barcode then or did you climb over.

Interestingly season ticket holders at Bramhall Lane have a credit card type thing for getting into there stadium so the Wilson Bowden guy said and it works well.

View PostScampi, on Feb 24 2008, 12:35 PM, said:

Costs will probably mean no.

#32 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:49 PM

View Postspireiteblue, on Feb 24 2008, 12:36 PM, said:

So you can use any barcode then or did you climb over.

Interestingly season ticket holders at Bramhall Lane have a credit card type thing for getting into there stadium so the Wilson Bowden guy said and it works well.

got them at sheff utd. couple of lads i know have bought kids tickets every game this season & got in.

#33 User is offline   Scampi 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:49 PM

View Postspireiteblue, on Feb 24 2008, 12:36 PM, said:

Just going on what ive been told

#34 User is offline   Dronny Spireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:50 PM

View PostScampi, on Feb 24 2008, 12:35 PM, said:

Nice one, i thought they were those barcode things.

MK had them and they worked pretty well

Only problem is, Like mr.smith says they are so easy to fiddle
SPIREITE TILL I DIE

#35 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:00 PM

So did I. I was referring to the vast, windy desert all round it, totally given over to car parks.

#36 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:05 PM

View Posth again, on Feb 24 2008, 07:00 PM, said:

So did I. I was referring to the vast, windy desert all round it, totally given over to car parks.

Thats a good thing though isnt it? easy access for fans who drive to the game? (and a few £ extra for the club)
A new hope.

#37 User is offline   Spartan141 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:58 PM

View PostSpireiteDel, on Feb 23 2008, 10:58 PM, said:

I didn't get to go as I was at work in Deedah land however, after watching the video on website I was really impressed (and this is coming from someone who didn't want to give up Saltergate or terracing).

I can't see how parking would be a major problem. Most of parking round ground is street parking anyway, which would be exactly same down there.

def not a problem like others have said there is plenty or sites and road prking at the back round brim road north and the bottom of racecoarse south twin bridge areas and then there is upper newbold stand road cricketers pub end salisbury av ect no worrieds at all every one can find parking when its bonfire night down at stand road cant they ...so there ya go

#38 User is offline   Spartan141 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2008 - 09:00 PM

View Postblueblah, on Feb 24 2008, 08:58 PM, said:

def not a problem like others have said there is plenty or sites and road prking at the back round brim road north and the bottom of racecoarse south twin bridge areas and then there is upper newbold stand road cricketers pub end salisbury av ect no worrieds at all every one can find parking when its bonfire night down at stand road cant they ...so there ya go

allso there might be licensed parking across from the ground (private) in the small industrial site were partco ect are get a good 80 cars in there tooooo and theres other opertunists that will open up parking to ern a bob or two

#39 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 24 February 2008 - 09:25 PM

View Postdeath, on Feb 24 2008, 07:05 PM, said:

Thats a good thing though isnt it? easy access for fans who drive to the game? (and a few £ extra for the club)

I'm not going to get into a long discussion on the built environment - this isn't the place. Suffice it to say that vast and soulless environments given over 90% to car parks are a disaster, environmentally and culturally.

#40 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!

Posted 24 February 2008 - 09:33 PM

:blink: Council ought to open Stand Road park up for parking on matchdays and make a killing!
Many a good tune

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users