Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: exibition this morn - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

exibition this morn

#1 User is offline   Spartan141 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 February 2008 - 01:26 PM

had a drive down this morning to have a dekka ....got to say it was a smart exhibition and welll set out..i was well impressed...apart from most of the people down there was oap complaining at the parking problems......its no wonder this town will never move fowards into the future it ll end up being a retirement villiage..for sure..... having earwigged for a half an hour i just had to get out of there before i had a blow out at someone lol christ i hope this one goes through planning i could nt wait another 10 yrs

#2 Guest_spireiteblue_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 February 2008 - 01:31 PM

View Postblueblah, on Feb 23 2008, 01:26 PM, said:

had a drive down this morning to have a dekka ....got to say it was a smart exhibition and welll set out..i was well impressed...apart from most of the people down there was oap complaining at the parking problems......its no wonder this town will never move fowards into the future it ll end up being a retirement villiage..for sure..... having earwigged for a half an hour i just had to get out of there before i had a blow out at someone lol christ i hope this one goes through planning i could nt wait another 10 yrs

One woman off our street was same,she said i won't be doing any shoping when there's a match on,she doesn't have to lol its open 7 days a week,it is not exactly easy to shop now is it really so whats the difference,some ppl just like to moan for the sake of it.

#3 Guest_MP-Spire_*

Posted 23 February 2008 - 01:34 PM

View Postspireiteblue, on Feb 23 2008, 01:31 PM, said:

One woman off our street was same,she said i won't be doing any shoping when there's a match on,she doesn't have to lol its open 7 days a week,it is not exactly easy to shop now is it really so whats the difference,some ppl just like to moan for the sake of it.

You've got to be respectful of their feelings. I certainly wouldn't want a Tesco & a Football Stadium on the back of the mansion :-P

#4 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 23 February 2008 - 05:46 PM

View PostMP-Spire, on Feb 23 2008, 01:34 PM, said:

You've got to be respectful of their feelings. I certainly wouldn't want a Tesco & a Football Stadium on the back of the mansion :-P

We had a factory there for years so it won't be much difference,we already have a Tescos in this area,maybe it is a good thing for local people that there isn't much parking at the new stadium they will just have to find another way to get there,it won't hurt em will it.

#5 User is offline   forevablue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2008 - 07:43 PM

View PostMP-Spire, on Feb 23 2008, 01:34 PM, said:

Has someone suggested Walton Lodge as a site lol? I am sure Steve will be able to adequately defend any planning applications there!

#6 User is offline   Mr.Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2008 - 08:05 PM

People do work usually during the week, Saturday is the usual big shop day for a good proportion of people and it is a valid point.

Personally looking at the site plans in the DT it's all very tight and to me there looks like a lack of on site parking for Tescos as well, all very strange.....

#7 User is online   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket, Doctor Who and criminal justice.

Posted 23 February 2008 - 08:10 PM

View PostMr.Spireite, on Feb 23 2008, 08:05 PM, said:

People do work usually during the week, Saturday is the usual big shop day for a good proportion of people and it is a valid point.

Personally looking at the site plans in the DT it's all very tight and to me there looks like a lack of on site parking for Tescos as well, all very strange.....

Did you spot that the Tesco carpark covers virtually the whole of their site? The store is on stilts and so there are 960 spaces 30% up on the current store.

Our spaces are 2500% greater...
Peter Whiteley

#8 User is offline   Dronny Spireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2008 - 08:35 PM

Cant wait till they start building :D

Once the funding gap is sorted, The extra revenue per year will be very encouraging

This post has been edited by Dronny Spireite: 23 February 2008 - 08:38 PM

SPIREITE TILL I DIE

#9 User is offline   the enemy within 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:town
    the wonderful world of northern soul

Posted 23 February 2008 - 09:28 PM

no prob. for me parking my daughter lives in newbold :D also work for steel company that builds tescos around the country let you know when we start this one
spireites and northern soul a state of mind and a way of life . k.t.f.

#10 User is offline   Mr.Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:22 PM

View Postdalekpete, on Feb 23 2008, 08:10 PM, said:

Did you spot that the Tesco carpark covers virtually the whole of their site? The store is on stilts and so there are 960 spaces 30% up on the current store.

What percentage of "public" parking within 1 mile of Saltergate have we lost ?

#11 User is online   JonB 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:22 PM

...some ppl just like to moan for the sake of it.

I know....a lot of them seem to spend every other saturday on the Kop at Saltergate!!

#12 User is offline   Mr.Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:23 PM

View Postdalekpete, on Feb 23 2008, 08:10 PM, said:

You mean, player, sponsors & Staff is greater, not supporters parking......

#13 Guest_MP-Spire_*

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:26 PM

View PostMr.Spireite, on Feb 23 2008, 10:23 PM, said:

??????????????

How many spaces do the Club have at the minute, 15 ish in the main car park + St Marys? You'll be able to choose your spot at the new place!

#14 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:27 PM

There is only 12 spaces at Saltergate so it must be an improvement at the new stadium,wouldn't you say.

#15 User is online   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:30 PM

Supporters' potentially parking has certainly risen expotentionally...
Peter Whiteley

#16 User is offline   Mr.Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:32 PM

View PostMP-Spire, on Feb 23 2008, 10:26 PM, said:

??????????????

How many spaces do the Club have at the minute, 15 ish in the main car park + St Marys? You'll be able to choose your spot at the new place!

How many "public" car parks are near the proposed new stadium ?

#17 Guest_MP-Spire_*

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:38 PM

View PostMr.Spireite, on Feb 23 2008, 10:32 PM, said:

Public car parks make money for the Council, not the football club.

#18 User is offline   Red Rose Blue 

• Trialist
  • PipPip

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:49 PM

Got to say the plans looked fantastically exciting, bit concerned about the parking. Of curse it has more parking than Saltergate but Saltergate is town centre loads of parking and far easier to get to by public transport, but the film showing the facilities just made you wish it was there now.

Opportunity of a lifetime for the club, I wonder if they ought to be trying to get a little more of the site reserved for parking, maybe 600 spaces for the club and 750 for tesco's would be better, or reduce the space for the offices and have more parking, we can't afford for the application to be turned down and nor can Tesco's or the developers, try and negotiate a bit tougher Barrie.

#19 User is online   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:56 PM

I can only think of one but it depends where the park-and-ride car park goes. If it is on the auction site, the existing Tescos or Pearsons then it will make a significant difference. Much of the land beyond Dema is industrial or commercial. While the exhibition has been on I have had to park around that area. There are lots of small private car parks in concerns that don't work on a Saturday. There are also hundreds of yards of streets with no residences on them. For example, if we opened tomorrow I would park on Pottery Lane East.

I don't know anyone who is a regular at the Rec that actually pays to park. For more than a decade I have utilised the car park of a business that is closed when we play. Others park on the streets in Newbold or used other "private" car parks.

Comparing the Rec and the new Rec I think that in terms of casual parking the new site offers more opportunities.
Peter Whiteley

#20 User is offline   SpireiteDel 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:58 PM

I didn't get to go as I was at work in Deedah land however, after watching the video on website I was really impressed (and this is coming from someone who didn't want to give up Saltergate or terracing).

I can't see how parking would be a major problem. Most of parking round ground is street parking anyway, which would be exactly same down there.
139 Saltergate

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users