Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Troubled gascoigne - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Troubled gascoigne

#1 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 February 2008 - 12:37 PM

desperately sad to read of his demise in the papers,gazza will allways be a hero of mine,supremely talented and put the fun back in football,a legend of a player for England,who will ever forget those tears and linekars reaction to the bench...pray he can get through the troubled times
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#2 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2008 - 01:01 PM

View Postbonnyman, on Feb 23 2008, 12:37 PM, said:

desperately sad to read of his demise in the papers,gazza will allways be a hero of mine,supremely talented and put the fun back in football,a legend of a player for England,who will ever forget those tears and linekars reaction to the bench...pray he can get through the troubled times

Can't see him ever being able to turn his life around. It's a real shame he is where he is, as he's one of the greatest players ever to wear the 3 lions.

I hope I'm wrong and I do wish him well in his recovery.

Here IMO is his finest moment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSHX0TVO2ZU...feature=related
If only....

#3 User is offline   SalvadorDarley 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2008 - 02:47 PM

View PostSkywalker, on Feb 23 2008, 01:01 PM, said:

Can't see him ever being able to turn his life around. It's a real shame he is where he is, as he's one of the greatest players ever to wear the 3 lions.

I hope I'm wrong and I do wish him well in his recovery.

Here IMO is his finest moment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSHX0TVO2ZU...feature=related

A terrible shame. Too many have had too much out of him and not given anything back. Lets hope Keegan can help out like he's suggested.

#4 User is offline   Hoare (400) 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2008 - 05:00 PM

View PostSalvadorDarley, on Feb 23 2008, 02:47 PM, said:

A terrible shame. Too many have had too much out of him and not given anything back. Lets hope Keegan can help out like he's suggested.

Greedy footballers all deserve everything that comes to them, even the really thick ones like gascoigne. Dont have an ounce of sympathy for him, or others like him

Hoare (400)

#5 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 23 February 2008 - 05:21 PM

View PostHoare (400), on Feb 23 2008, 05:00 PM, said:

Greedy footballers all deserve everything that comes to them, even the really thick ones like gascoigne. Dont have an ounce of sympathy for him, or others like him
Hoare (400)

i tend to judge them on their ability,gascoigne could do things with a ball that gave you butterflies when you watched simply awesome at his peak........perhaps he was greedy,he certainly isnt intelligent but who is an idiot like yourself to judge

#6 User is offline   Hoare (400) 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2008 - 05:24 PM

View Postbonnyman, on Feb 23 2008, 05:21 PM, said:

i tend to judge them on their ability,gascoigne could do things with a ball that gave you butterflies when you watched simply awesome at his peak........perhaps he was greedy,he certainly isnt intelligent but who is an idiot like yourself to judge

And how many league titles, world cups,european championship medals did the genius gascoigne win then???

Hoare (400)

#7 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 23 February 2008 - 05:28 PM

View PostHoare (400), on Feb 23 2008, 05:24 PM, said:

And how many league titles, world cups,european championship medals did the genius gascoigne win then???

Hoare (400)

i think you will find football is a team game

#8 User is offline   PositiveOmen 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Newbold Lad. Professional Actor and Student Support at a College. Home and Away. Supported since 2001.

Posted 23 February 2008 - 05:34 PM

View PostHoare (400), on Feb 23 2008, 05:24 PM, said:

Hoare (400)

So if trophies make a player, then are you saying that heskey is better than shearer?
Carson Out.

#9 User is offline   Hoare (400) 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2008 - 05:45 PM

View PostPositiveOmen, on Feb 23 2008, 05:34 PM, said:

So if trophies make a player, then are you saying that heskey is better than shearer?

If you new someone who won the lottery, then years later moaned about being skint after blowing it all, would you feel sorry for them? I wouldnt, and in the same vein thats why I have no sympathy for poor hard done to people like gascoigne.

Hoare (400)

#10 User is offline   PositiveOmen 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Newbold Lad. Professional Actor and Student Support at a College. Home and Away. Supported since 2001.

Posted 23 February 2008 - 05:50 PM

View PostHoare (400), on Feb 23 2008, 05:45 PM, said:

If you new someone who won the lottery, then years later moaned about being skint after blowing it all, would you feel sorry for them? I wouldnt, and in the same vein thats why I have no sympathy for poor hard done to people like gascoigne.
Hoare (400)

He doesnt moan that hes skint :( hes depressed, and had a disorder where he became transfixed with game consoles. Its people like merson that have money problems, he owes alot to sky.
Carson Out.

#11 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 23 February 2008 - 05:57 PM

View PostHoare (400), on Feb 23 2008, 05:45 PM, said:

Hoare (400)

to compare the 2 scenarios shows your lack of intelligence.Gascoigne is like a backward child,he is unintelligent,but he has a gift for football,in his head football is like his favourite toy,he cannot bare to be without it,as soon as his body denied him the ability to do what he loved the most he was heading in a downward spiral of deppression ,the man is ill,he is nothing like a stupid lottery winner who fritters it away.
To say you have no sympathy for gazza because he is thick,is like saying you have no sympathy for stephen hawkins because he is sh it at football

#12 User is offline   If Carlsberg Made Chairmen 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2008 - 07:14 PM

Hoare (400)

erm hello!!!!

Mental illness is different 2 being thick.

Any1 on this forum who critizes a guy whos just been sectioned under the mental health act please PM me 4 a face 2 face discussion.

Thanx
President HubbardPosted Image

#13 User is offline   NG15Blue 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2008 - 07:38 PM

Hoare (400)

I have no sympathy for greedy DIY men or gambling addicts
" If we can't beat these"

#14 User is offline   CFC - S43 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2008 - 07:42 PM

Hoare (400)

PRICK

#15 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 23 February 2008 - 08:04 PM

You all have sympathy for him because he was a footballer and a hero in your eye's. He has fallen from grace just like Besty did, but he was given a second chance and still drank himself to death. they are/were both suffering mental illness of one type or another.

Mental illness takes many different forms and effect people in very different ways, lots of illnesses effect nobody other than the sufferer themselves IE gascoigne and besty as examples and as such these types seem to warrant our sympathy and attract statements such as 'they can't/couldn't help themselves' Which to a certain degree is true. Other mental illnesses take on a more sinister persona and some have very tragic consequences, take for example the nurse (can't remember her name) who killed the children on her ward because she suffered fro the mental illness Münchhausen syndrome by proxy. She couldn't help doing what she did anymore than gascoinge and besty could help doing what they did. Would/should society feel the same sympathy for her? Or should she be reviled and executed?
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#16 User is offline   If Carlsberg Made Chairmen 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2008 - 08:13 PM

FACT its now 2008

Ctitizing SOMEBODY or ANYBODY (famous or otherwise) who suffers from mental illness is EXACTLY the same as chasticing sum1 who suffers from CERABAL PALSY, CANCER, DOWN SYNDROME or any other illness.
Anybody who has family or friends who suffer from any of the above illness. Ask yerselves how u would like it if sum1 fingerpointed at 1 of them. Fingerpointing and judging mentally ill people is NO different at all.

#17 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 23 February 2008 - 08:21 PM

View PostTwo Mass, on Feb 23 2008, 08:13 PM, said:

FACT its now 2008

Ctitizing SOMEBODY or ANYBODY (famous or otherwise) who suffers from mental illness is EXACTLY the same as chasticing sum1 who suffers from CERABAL PALSY, CANCER, DOWN SYNDROME or any other illness.
Anybody who has family or friends who suffer from any of the above illness. Ask yerselves how u would like it if sum1 fingerpointed at 1 of them. Fingerpointing and judging mentally ill people is NO different at all.

But we judge people with mental illness who commit serious crimes, do we not? Have you ever met anyone who has sympathy for a victim of mental illness who has mudered?
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#18 User is offline   If Carlsberg Made Chairmen 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2008 - 08:26 PM

View Postfishini, on Feb 23 2008, 08:21 PM, said:

But we judge people with mental illness who commit serious crimes, do we not? Have you ever met anyone who has sympathy for a victim of mental illness who has mudered?

Fish; a murderer is a murderer. Anybody who suffers from any illness could murder sum1.
And yes i have met people who have sympathy 4 mentally ill people that have murdered.
Like any case all murder-cases r different, mentally ill or otherwise.

This is gettin off-topic now anyway.
I jus wanna wish Gazza all the best, hope he pulls through it n every1 with an ounce of humanity feels for him.

#19 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 23 February 2008 - 08:46 PM

:D :D :excl:
http://www.thesun.co...ticle832281.ece

#20 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 23 February 2008 - 08:48 PM

View PostTwo Mass, on Feb 23 2008, 08:26 PM, said:

Fish; a murderer is a murderer. Anybody who suffers from any illness could murder sum1.
And yes i have met people who have sympathy 4 mentally ill people that have murdered.
Like any case all murder-cases r different, mentally ill or otherwise.

This is gettin off-topic now anyway.
I jus wanna wish Gazza all the best, hope he pulls through it n every1 with an ounce of humanity feels for him.

Just wanted to point out the double standards thats all, I live with mental illness all my life as both my sons are disabled
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users