Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: I`VE HAD ENOUGH (message for all you so called fans) - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I`VE HAD ENOUGH (message for all you so called fans) LAY OFF AND SUPPORT THE CHAIRMAN, MANAGER AND TEAM NOW

#41 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:38 PM

View Postspireiterob, on Feb 14 2008, 04:34 PM, said:

Yes just slight isnt :D

Im a real fan and can see where we are going absolutely nowhere under Rico, supporting the guy won't help with his tactics and motivational skills, we need him out now!

:ninja: Wont happen mate, get over it, support the team for rest of season, then we shall see!
Many a good tune

#42 User is offline   belpercfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:39 PM

View PostBlueRover52, on Feb 14 2008, 04:38 PM, said:

:ninja: Wont happen mate, get over it, support the team for rest of season, then we shall see!

A Spireite is for life not just Christmas!

#43 Guest_spireiteblue_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:43 PM

View Postbelpercfc, on Feb 14 2008, 04:39 PM, said:

A Spireite is for life not just Christmas!

Thats a dog :ninja: and they get treated better than a spireite...

#44 User is offline   spireite boy 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Watching the blues

Posted 14 February 2008 - 05:07 PM

I for one dont want Rico out, He has more experience then Scott Sellars :(
Im just a spireite from mansfield

#45 User is offline   belpercfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 05:10 PM

View Postspireite boy, on Feb 14 2008, 05:07 PM, said:

I for one dont want Rico out, He has more experience then Scott Sellars :(

Right.

#46 User is offline   BigBlue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 05:12 PM

Without us so called "negative fans" the club would cease to exist, bet Hubbard would like 500 or so Chesterfield Pyjama and Bed set fans only turning up every week. Even Geoff Mitchell is getting a bit fed up and has thrown his rosy glasses away. I have paid thousands of pounds watching this club over the years and sure some people have paid alot more, so they have a right to be critical when we see the club floundering as it is now.

This post has been edited by philspire: 14 February 2008 - 05:12 PM

#47 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 14 February 2008 - 05:27 PM

View Postphilspire, on Feb 14 2008, 05:12 PM, said:

Without us so called "negative fans" the club would cease to exist, bet Hubbard would like 500 or so Chesterfield Pyjama and Bed set fans only turning up every week. Even Geoff Mitchell is getting a bit fed up and has thrown his rosy glasses away. I have paid thousands of pounds watching this club over the years and sure some people have paid alot more, so they have a right to be critical when we see the club floundering as it is now.

id have nicky law back tommorow,the one thing that allways used to strike me about him was his presence,he had an authorotive air about him,he allways struck me as a hardliner,i doubt he would tolerate,players who are clearly overweight like roche and leven,whether he would come is another matter but i would bet heavily that we wouldnt be in this predicament with him at the helm
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#48 User is offline   Brimington Barry 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 05:41 PM

View PostTwo Mass, on Feb 14 2008, 11:31 AM, said:

I hope REAL fans are noticing that the 2 people on this thread that are SUPPORTING the team through thick n thin are the 1s that are being abused with comments such as "clueless buffoon"
We`re in FEBRUARY and going thru a slight blip and 2 points off the play-offs and SO-CALLED fans are turning their backs on the team. These are the same fans that will then be moaning when our better players leave at the and of the season or refuse to sign new contracts.
I`m a true CFC fan unlike the pessamistic people who jumped on my thread and I am NOT GOING TO APOLOGISE FOR SUPPORTING THE CLUB I LOVE and like trickytrev jus said, we`re very lucky 2 still have a club 2 support and thanx to people like Mr Hubbard we`re getting new investment and a new stadium in future instead of goin the same was as Scarboro.

So you love the club....what do you want, a medal?

How dare you suggest, that other people don't by comparison?

Where do you get off berating people in this pompous and sanctemonious manner?

People pay good money and if they feel shortchanged they'll moan

This is a discussion board for more than Propaganda

If that's a problem then tough luck and welcome to 2008

Perhaps you and all your friend are wasting your time talking to the Spireite proletariat? :(

Perhaps we're beneath your evident (and eminent) Derbyshire divinity? ;)

Baz
God is not obliged to keep the promises of mankind

#49 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 14 February 2008 - 05:59 PM

View Postphilspire, on Feb 14 2008, 05:12 PM, said:

Of course fans have a right, even a duty, to be critical - so when do you expect this lot to start. Abuse of the "They're all rubbish" "Rico is c**p" variety is not criticism - it's simply a knee-jerk reaction to last night's result, and as such unworthy of people who call themselves supporters. You'll find very little else on here though, and anybody who dares to put his head above the parapet and be positive gets called names by the usual suspects.
So what happened last night? Rico started with almost the team that beat Hereford and which nobody could quibble with. He started with a 4-4-2, most peoples choice of formation. They came out of the blocks quickly and didn't let the game drift, as has happened before, and they worked hard and fought for the ball. So is anybody complaining about selection, tactics or work-rate? They came up against a very expensive and quick side with two of the highest scorers in the league and dealt with them fairly comfortably until a pair of individual defensive howlers ruined all the good work. Their heads didn't drop, though mine did, and Rico did the right thing in bringing on Fletcher to improve the supply to Lester and Ward, following it with Winter in place of the new guy, who was obviously tiring. Correct substitutions, even I would have to admit, though he's made some horrible mistakes in the past. Then we threw it away by missing a penalty, largely because of a bit of psychological warfare which the referee should be chucked of the register for allowing.
So it was a very tight game, nobody got any time on the ball as usual in this division, but even more so, and the usual defensive mistakes cost us. A decent performance against a team with many times our spending power and which, with a tiny bit of luck we could have won. But to read these boards you'd think we'd been rolled over by a far superior side because of the total incompetence of the players and management. Let's get real - criticise by all means, but do it constructively and not out of your personal sense of frustration. If you claim to be a fan you at least owe the team and manager that.

#50 User is offline   Essex_Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:07 PM

View PostTwo Mass, on Feb 14 2008, 11:31 AM, said:

I hope REAL fans are noticing that the 2 people on this thread that are SUPPORTING the team through thick n thin are the 1s that are being abused with comments such as "clueless buffoon"
We`re in FEBRUARY and going thru a slight blip and 2 points off the play-offs and SO-CALLED fans are turning their backs on the team. These are the same fans that will then be moaning when our better players leave at the and of the season or refuse to sign new contracts.
I`m a true CFC fan unlike the pessamistic people who jumped on my thread and I am NOT GOING TO APOLOGISE FOR SUPPORTING THE CLUB I LOVE and like trickytrev jus said, we`re very lucky 2 still have a club 2 support and thanx to people like Mr Hubbard we`re getting new investment and a new stadium in future instead of goin the same was as Scarboro.

A BLIP he says...1 win since Christmas isnt a blip mate its attrocious to be honest! When was the last Clean Sheet?
Essex Spireite

#51 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:17 PM

Hereford?

#52 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:19 PM

View PostTwo Mass, on Feb 14 2008, 10:06 AM, said:

I dont start many threads but its about time I started 1 and put a few things straight to you so called CFC fans.
Me, the chairman, the management, playing staff and genuine fans are absolutley appalled by some of the negativity surrounding our club at the moment which is being created by many (not all) of our so called fans.
How is attacking Mr Hubbard, Rico and the players going 2 help us achieve our goal of promotion this season.
I`m pig-sick of fans telling Mr Hubbard to hit the panic button and sack an up and coming young manager who has suffered a few bad performances, the latest 1 against a team that has out-spent every other club in league 2 put together. This is after a few weeks ago when we beat Hereford 4-0 live on sky sports when every fan got behind the team (probably for the cameras benefit) and after the game all the fans we`re talking like we were world beaters, we still have the same team and manager that performed that nite + the other amazing performances against Wrexham, etc.
I`m sick of these negative "fans" havin a go at a chairman that keeps faith in his managers. I know the smartarses r gonna mention last season when we went down under big Mac but what else could uncle Barrie realistically do? He kept faith with a manager who saved kept us in the 3rd tier of English football season after season on a shoe string budget and refused to sack Mac during the same season he knocked Wolves, Man City n West Ham out of the Carling Cup n losing on penalties after out playing Charlton and then during the transfer window we lose our 2 best players; Kev Hurst n Caleb Folan who incidentally it was mainly down 2 Mac n Rico why he signed the contract extension that got the club a considerable transfer fee. And then to make matters worse Mac signs 1 of the best young prospects in the lower divisons (Jamie Ward) who almost immedietly gets injured.
Now all I`m hearin is for uncle Barrie to sack Rico (who is town through n through) and some of the suggestions of his replacement are ludicrous, for example on another thread i`m reading Nicky Law, John Duncan, Martin Allen and Paul Simpson. Well the 1st 2 suggestions are possible (i dont think Nicky Law would turn it down) but both would be taking the club even further backwards. As for Paul Simpson n Martin Allen they r just plain ridiculous. Simpson expects league 1 at least and Mad Dog would be completly out of place here and has no loyalty at all to any club he`s managed and both would command a higher wage than our management budgit will allow. The only other suggestion I saw was Danny Wilson, I aint gonna flame the bloke that said this because he does have an affinity for the club and fans (god knows why, listenin 2 sum of em lately) but realistically we`re only ever gonna get Danny Wilson if n when he gets the boot at Hartlepool.
Now please people, do not disrespect out chairman who is doing the best he can for the club and fans, he is working tirelessly behind the scenes trying 2 achieve our goal of a new stadium and new investment (most of his work goes unnoticed) And please stop getting on Rico n the players backs, especially Barry Roach who has been affected by it the most, how would u like it if u were at work and sum1 verbally abused u and ur family?? The moron in question got away with just a V sign, if it had happened 2 me the thug would still be on the floor now!! Yet u people have turned on our goal-keeper, he may not be the greatest keeper but hes always given 100% n did not deserve that or the abuse hes been getting lately as he has become visably shaken by it all n for the 1st time in 30 years I actually felt ashamed 2 come from this Chesterfield and be associated with the club.
So please, if u want to achieve a play off position and a wembley victory, start getting behind the chairman, manager and team IMMEDIETLY. We havent become a bad side over nite and we CAN turn things around with the fans SUPPORT and by STICKING TOGETHER.

PS any1 that responds 2 my thread in a negative way is doing the club more harm than good!!!

Your mistake is that you think those who are slagging off Rico don't have the club at heart. WRONG! We are all supporters who put thousands of pounds into following our club around the country. That's what I call caring.

#53 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:22 PM

View Posth again, on Feb 14 2008, 12:34 PM, said:

Stick to your guns, son. I'd have to disagree with you on some points, but one of you is worth ten of the miserable sods whose default position is whingeing. That was a respectable and hard-working performance last night against a team whose resources we can only dream about, but instead of a sensible discussion, all we get is dolly-throwing.

Well, even Rico has called us 'also-rans.'

#54 User is offline   SpireKop 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Football, Gym, Bit more football.

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:29 PM

View PostBalearic Mac, on Feb 14 2008, 10:26 AM, said:

Incoherent tripe. We'd still have Dave Rushbury at the helm with muppets like you.

How dare you! He's my lecturer :(
Blue Army, Blue Army!

#55 User is offline   Brimington Barry 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:31 PM

You'll find very little else on here though, and anybody who dares to put his head above the parapet and be positive gets called names by the usual suspects.

So this board displeases you? Then what are you doing here?

So what happened last night? Rico started with almost the team that beat Hereford and which nobody could quibble with. He started with a 4-4-2, most peoples choice of formation. They came out of the blocks quickly and didn't let the game drift, as has happened before, and they worked hard and fought for the ball. So is anybody complaining about selection, tactics or work-rate? They came up against a very expensive and quick side with two of the highest scorers in the league and dealt with them fairly comfortably until a pair of individual defensive howlers ruined all the good work

So let's cut to the chase shall we? We werent good enough against promotion rivals and that's what it comes down to.....we weren't good enough home or way against Grimsby either come to think of it.

Then we threw it away by missing a penalty, largely because of a bit of psychological warfare which the referee should be chucked of the register for allowing.

Oh so it's the ref's fault is it? It's nothing to do with the fact that Leven should have been professional enough to overcome such gamesmanship?

So it was a very tight game

Do you mean after 87 minutes?,

nobody got any time on the ball as usual in this division

They had plenty of time on the ball, from my seat

the usual defensive mistakes cost us

Yes and they'll probably cost us promotion per se, if we persist in that manner (if promotion isn't already receding rapidly as we speak).

A decent performance

Still second best all night, no matter what

against a team with many times our spending power

Agreed , but...

1) we knew that before kick-off
2) This the team we turned over 3-2 circa late August/ early Speptember

with a tiny bit of luck we could have won

Ever heard the expression 'you make your own luck in this game?' It's true to a great extent

But to read these boards you'd think we'd been rolled over by a far superior side

We were....but can I watch the game from where you sit or stand though? Evidently we're title contenders from there

because of the total incompetence of the players and management

We were second best to nearly every ball and shocking on occasion with it too

you know...you can spin this any way you will, we still lost the game

The way the management are performing presently incidentally, I don't owe them anything, (particularly as I've paid for my season ticket months ago). In fact they owe me and many other supporters a winning team and results on the field...LR isn't paid to produce/excuse or manage substandard football and that's the bottom line, whatever your spin

Baz

#56 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:38 PM

View PostBrimington Barry, on Feb 14 2008, 06:31 PM, said:

You'll find very little else on here though, and anybody who dares to put his head above the parapet and be positive gets called names by the usual suspects.

So this board displeases you? Then what are you doing here?

So what happened last night? Rico started with almost the team that beat Hereford and which nobody could quibble with. He started with a 4-4-2, most peoples choice of formation. They came out of the blocks quickly and didn't let the game drift, as has happened before, and they worked hard and fought for the ball. So is anybody complaining about selection, tactics or work-rate? They came up against a very expensive and quick side with two of the highest scorers in the league and dealt with them fairly comfortably until a pair of individual defensive howlers ruined all the good work

So let's cut to the chase shall we? We werent good enough against promotion rivals and that's what it comes down to.....we weren't good enough home or way against Grimsby either come to think of it.

Then we threw it away by missing a penalty, largely because of a bit of psychological warfare which the referee should be chucked of the register for allowing.

Oh so it's the ref's fault is it? It's nothing to do with the fact that Leven should have been professional enough to overcome such gamesmanship?

So it was a very tight game

Do you mean after 87 minutes?,

nobody got any time on the ball as usual in this division

They had plenty of time on the ball, from my seat

the usual defensive mistakes cost us

Yes and they'll probably cost us promotion per se, if we persist in that manner (if promotion isn't already receding rapidly as we speak).

A decent performance

Still second best all night, no matter what

against a team with many times our spending power

Agreed , but...

1) we knew that before kick-off
2) This the team we turned over 3-2 circa late August/ early Speptember

with a tiny bit of luck we could have won

Ever heard the expression 'you make your own luck in this game?' It's true to a great extent

But to read these boards you'd think we'd been rolled over by a far superior side

We were....but can I watch the game from where you sit or stand though? Evidently we're title contenders from there

because of the total incompetence of the players and management

We were second best to nearly every ball and shocking on occasion with it too

you know...you can spin this any way you will, we still lost the game

The way the management are performing presently incidentally, I don't owe them anything, (particularly as I've paid for my season ticket months ago). In fact they owe me and many other supporters a winning team and results on the field...LR isn't paid to produce/excuse or manage substandard football and that's the bottom line, whatever your spin

Baz

dont take any notice of barry hubards so called glove puppet,he only goes because he gets a freebie,hes probably never chucked a penny over the turnstiles,he has been on here before and he talks out of his ar sehole
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#57 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:39 PM

View Posth again, on Feb 14 2008, 05:59 PM, said:

Of course fans have a right, even a duty, to be critical - so when do you expect this lot to start. Abuse of the "They're all rubbish" "Rico is c**p" variety is not criticism - it's simply a knee-jerk reaction to last night's result, and as such unworthy of people who call themselves supporters. You'll find very little else on here though, and anybody who dares to put his head above the parapet and be positive gets called names by the usual suspects.
So what happened last night? Rico started with almost the team that beat Hereford and which nobody could quibble with. He started with a 4-4-2, most peoples choice of formation. They came out of the blocks quickly and didn't let the game drift, as has happened before, and they worked hard and fought for the ball. So is anybody complaining about selection, tactics or work-rate? They came up against a very expensive and quick side with two of the highest scorers in the league and dealt with them fairly comfortably until a pair of individual defensive howlers ruined all the good work. Their heads didn't drop, though mine did, and Rico did the right thing in bringing on Fletcher to improve the supply to Lester and Ward, following it with Winter in place of the new guy, who was obviously tiring. Correct substitutions, even I would have to admit, though he's made some horrible mistakes in the past. Then we threw it away by missing a penalty, largely because of a bit of psychological warfare which the referee should be chucked of the register for allowing.
So it was a very tight game, nobody got any time on the ball as usual in this division, but even more so, and the usual defensive mistakes cost us. A decent performance against a team with many times our spending power and which, with a tiny bit of luck we could have won. But to read these boards you'd think we'd been rolled over by a far superior side because of the total incompetence of the players and management. Let's get real - criticise by all means, but do it constructively and not out of your personal sense of frustration. If you claim to be a fan you at least owe the team and manager that.

The mistake about this post is that there have been six or seven great performances at home where we have dominated but failed to win. Why? Because we were not good enough to go the extra yard. Most people have recognised this but you seem transfixed by performances over results as if one day good performances will turn into wins. They won't. We aren't good enough. And we've known it since October. Period!

#58 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:43 PM

View Postbonnyman, on Feb 14 2008, 06:38 PM, said:

dont take any notice of barry hubards so called glove puppet,he only goes because he gets a freebie,hes probably never chucked a penny over the turnstiles,he has been on here before and he talks out of his ar sehole

So who is Brimington Barry the apologist who doesn't have to pay?

#59 User is offline   Brimington Barry 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:45 PM

View Postfrearsghost, on Feb 14 2008, 06:39 PM, said:

The mistake about this post is that there have been six or seven great performances at home where we have dominated but failed to win. Why? Because we were not good enough to go the extra yard. Most people have recognised this but you seem transfixed by performances over results as if one day good performances will turn into wins. They won't. We aren't good enough. And we've known it since October. Period!

Period nothing...

At some point we have to be good enough to do more than sabre rattle (at best) against promotion rivals, (in fact rivals full stop) or we arent going to be promoted

It's up to the players and management to change that equation

They aren't paid to perform with mediocrity

Baz

#60 User is offline   Brimington Barry 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:48 PM

View Postfrearsghost, on Feb 14 2008, 06:43 PM, said:

So who is Brimington Barry the apologist who doesn't have to pay?

Well if I understood what on Earth that meant....

Baz

View Postbonnyman, on Feb 14 2008, 06:38 PM, said:

he has been on here before and he talks out of his ar sehole

Cheers mate, I came to the same conclusion

Baz

Share this topic:

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic