Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: I`VE HAD ENOUGH (message for all you so called fans) - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I`VE HAD ENOUGH (message for all you so called fans) LAY OFF AND SUPPORT THE CHAIRMAN, MANAGER AND TEAM NOW

#21 Guest_Alex Green_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:13 PM

View PostTwo Mass, on Feb 14 2008, 11:31 AM, said:

I hope REAL fans are noticing that the 2 people on this thread that are SUPPORTING the team through thick n thin are the 1s that are being abused with comments such as "clueless buffoon"
We`re in FEBRUARY and going thru a slight blip and 2 points off the play-offs and SO-CALLED fans are turning their backs on the team. These are the same fans that will then be moaning when our better players leave at the and of the season or refuse to sign new contracts.
I`m a true CFC fan unlike the pessamistic people who jumped on my thread and I am NOT GOING TO APOLOGISE FOR SUPPORTING THE CLUB I LOVE and like trickytrev jus said, we`re very lucky 2 still have a club 2 support and thanx to people like Mr Hubbard we`re getting new investment and a new stadium in future instead of goin the same was as Scarboro.

so im not a genuine or true fan because i feel that we are underperforming and i am voicing my disgust on recent performances. This slight blip started in January did it?? funnily enough:
Last season the blip started in january
The season before the blip started in january
the season before that (when we were 2nd) the blip started on boxing day vs Luton.

we dont want you to apologise for supporting the club you love. we want you to understand we love the club as much as the next person but the only way to show our unhappyness is to turn the back to the team. If the better players leave. Why will it be?? not because of the fans. because they can get a better deal, higher division, a competent manager.

That 2 point gap between us and the playoffs wasn't even thought of until now. The tatics of late have been nothing more than woeful. Last night was begging for height pace and composure and we lacked the height.

Get yourself checked out.

#22 User is offline   h again 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:34 PM

I hope REAL fans are noticing that the 2 people on this thread that are SUPPORTING the team through thick n thin are the 1s that are being abused with comments such as "clueless buffoon"
We`re in FEBRUARY and going thru a slight blip and 2 points off the play-offs and SO-CALLED fans are turning their backs on the team. These are the same fans that will then be moaning when our better players leave at the and of the season or refuse to sign new contracts.
I`m a true CFC fan unlike the pessamistic people who jumped on my thread and I am NOT GOING TO APOLOGISE FOR SUPPORTING THE CLUB I LOVE and like trickytrev jus said, we`re very lucky 2 still have a club 2 support and thanx to people like Mr Hubbard we`re getting new investment and a new stadium in future instead of goin the same was as Scarboro.

Stick to your guns, son. I'd have to disagree with you on some points, but one of you is worth ten of the miserable sods whose default position is whingeing. That was a respectable and hard-working performance last night against a team whose resources we can only dream about, but instead of a sensible discussion, all we get is dolly-throwing.

View PostAlex Green, on Feb 14 2008, 12:13 PM, said:

so im not a genuine or true fan because i feel that we are underperforming and i am voicing my disgust on recent performances. This slight blip started in January did it?? funnily enough:
Last season the blip started in january
The season before the blip started in january
the season before that (when we were 2nd) the blip started on boxing day vs Luton.

we dont want you to apologise for supporting the club you love. we want you to understand we love the club as much as the next person but the only way to show our unhappyness is to turn the back to the team. If the better players leave. Why will it be?? not because of the fans. because they can get a better deal, higher division, a competent manager.

That 2 point gap between us and the playoffs wasn't even thought of until now. The tatics of late have been nothing more than woeful. Last night was begging for height pace and composure and we lacked the height.

Get yourself checked out.

#23 Guest_Alex Green_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:37 PM

View Posth again, on Feb 14 2008, 12:34 PM, said:

Stick to your guns, son. I'd have to disagree with you on some points, but one of you is worth ten of the miserable sods whose default position is whingeing. That was a respectable and hard-working performance last night against a team whose resources we can only dream about, but instead of a sensible discussion, all we get is dolly-throwing.

oh so im dolly throwing now am i?? funny i'm sure i was giving a reasonable counter arguement

#24 User is offline   belpercfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:40 PM

View PostAlex Green, on Feb 14 2008, 12:37 PM, said:

oh so im dolly throwing now am i?? funny i'm sure i was giving a reasonable counter arguement

Perhaps this could be a new line for the club shop,Spireite Dollys to be thrown on matchdays or anytime shortly afterwards.

#25 User is offline   brianjacks 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:44 PM

We've won 1 of our last 9 league games, losing 6 of them. Of the last 26 games we've failed to win 17 of them.

The problem isn't on the terraces, it's the manager and players that are at fault. For a team who are 'going for it' this year that record is poor to the extreme. It shows how shocking the league is for us to be still just outside the playoffs.

But how long can people keep their head firmly stuck up their backside and keep using the 'we're just outside the automatic places', 'we're still in the playoff places', 'we're just outside the playoff places' excuses to claim everything is ok and we should be selling out Saltergate every home game with our blind optimism.

The excuses speak for themselves, we're slipping and will keep slipping under this regime, Rico hasn't got a clue what to do, he's made the cardinal sin of going from being honest earlier in the season and telling it like it is to now saying its the supporters fault. In other words he's run out of excuses for the tripe his team turns out every week and has nothing else left in his locker but to blame us, absolute garbage.

I spend too much money watching this pap week in week out and i ain't gonna be criticised for stating my opinion which as the weeks of defeats goes on has become the majorities opinion too. I ain't gonna turn up to see us capitulate to poor sides every week then be blamed by the minority and the manager for the defeat. If i'd been on the pitch and as inept as Roche, Downes etc then blame me but i ain't and it ain't my fault or any supporters fault, the blame is with the players and the manager, especially the manager as i still feel under the right man these players could get us out of this division.

What will it take for those behind the scenes to see more and more people are staying away and many of those that are there are not happy and will not be happy until Rico goes. You're either a manager or you're not, all this 'young and upcoming manager' stuff is just bull, if you're good enough you're old enough they use to say about players, well its the same with managers. He's old enough to be a manager and he certainly isn't good enough so Rico, take a running effing jump and don't come back. Until you leave our club i ain't paying one more penny to see that bilge and be blamed for it. You were bone idle as a player and you're just as lacking in ideas when it comes to management.

This post has been edited by brianjacks: 14 February 2008 - 12:46 PM

#26 User is offline   lesleycfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Living the dream as a life long Spireite :-)

Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:50 PM

View Postbrianjacks, on Feb 14 2008, 12:44 PM, said:

We've won 1 of our last 9 league games, losing 6 of them. Of the last 26 games we've failed to win 17 of them.

The problem isn't on the terraces, it's the manager and players that are at fault. For a team who are 'going for it' this year that record is poor to the extreme. It shows how shocking the league is for us to be still just outside the playoffs.

But how long can people keep their head firmly stuck up their backside and keep using the 'we're just outside the automatic places', 'we're still in the playoff places', 'we're just outside the playoff places' excuses to claim everything is ok and we should be selling out Saltergate every home game with our blind optimism.

The excuses speak for themselves, we're slipping and will keep slipping under this regime, Rico hasn't got a clue what to do, he's made the cardinal sin of going from being honest earlier in the season and telling it like it is to now saying its the supporters fault. In other words he's run out of excuses for the tripe his team turns out every week and has nothing else left in his locker but to blame us, absolute garbage.

I spend too much money watching this pap week in week out and i ain't gonna be criticised for stating my opinion which as the weeks of defeats goes on has become the majorities opinion too. I ain't gonna turn up to see us capitulate to poor sides every week then be blamed by the minority and the manager for the defeat. If i'd been on the pitch and as inept as Roche, Downes etc then blame me but i ain't and it ain't my fault or any supporters fault, the blame is with the players and the manager, especially the manager as i still feel under the right man these players could get us out of this division.

What will it take for those behind the scenes to see more and more people are staying away and many of those that are there are not happy and will not be happy until Rico goes. You're either a manager or you're not, all this 'young and upcoming manager' stuff is just bull, if you're good enough you're old enough they use to say about players, well its the same with managers. He's old enough to be a manager and he certainly isn't good enough so Rico, take a running effing jump and don't come back. Until you leave our club i ain't paying one more penny to see that bilge and be blamed for it. You were bone idle as a player and you're just as lacking in ideas when it comes to management.

Best post of the day! Sums up alot of peoples feeling.
The One, The Only, Sir Gregor Robertson

#27 User is offline   Phil 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:54 PM

Well said Brian , I didnt go last night because of recent performances and results, and after Ricos comments about the supporters I wont be going again for a while either.

#28 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:01 PM

The excuses speak for themselves, we're slipping and will keep slipping under this regime, Rico hasn't got a clue what to do, he's made the cardinal sin of going from being honest earlier in the season and telling it like it is to now saying its the supporters fault.

I think that is a very good point. The difficulty that Rico now faces is that you can only regurgitate the same excuses for so long. I applauded his honesty at the start of the season, but the facts don't lie and we are currently not looking good.

I'm not convinced that a change in management is the best thing for this club. Scott Sellars has only just joined and we are yet to see whether he can make a positive impact on the club. Also, who is to say a new manager will do any better? Plus I can pretty much guarantee we wouldn't get some of the names that have been circulated on here.

The team has quality players and is capable of outstanding performances, but we lack consistency. The players on display last night are potentially very good, but it's difficult to win matches when every week individual errors are made and we are subsequently punished.

I'm sure LR is trying to resolve our defensive frailties, but I imagine getting a quick, strong, and good in air centre half who rarely makes mistakes is hard to come by.
If only....

#29 User is offline   Bugerov 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:02 PM

:lol:
New investment in the future
New stadium in the future
What about now? We have sunk from the top 3 to outside the play offs. [i]
Bring Sakashvili to justice

#30 User is offline   spireite boy 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Watching the blues

Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:04 PM

Ive had enough to mate, of the board, players and management. We are seriously underacheiving. Now Rico has made some decent signings, i'll give him that, but he hasn't a clue how to use them, he seems to be bringing the worst out of them (apart from Jack but he's not getting help from anyone else). The likes of Roche and Downes who in my opinion were pretty good last season seem to be pretty, pretty bad this season. Now I know it's not all his fault, but he should be getting these players back to their best, obviously Kovacs has been given a chance by Rico but alot of us knew he could perform like this when he eventually did get his chance. Seriously where would we be without Lester, well Rico wouldn't be in management with Chesterfield. We will not go up this season and until Rico realises we need a GK, CB, CM, and a LB we won't go up next season IMO.
Im just a spireite from mansfield

#31 User is offline   Aspire_webby 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:05 PM

So please, if u want to achieve a play off position and a wembley victory start getting behind the chairman, manager and team IMMEDIETLY. We havent become a bad side over nite and we CAN turn things around with the fans SUPPORT and by STICKING TOGETHER.

We've given up on automatic promotion? Is that a personal view or official club policy.

On the subject of support - I have never seen a team booed onto the pitch at the start of a game. Fans tend to be fully behind the team when the whistle blows to start a game. It is entirely in the players and management's hands whether they get fans to stay behind the team or not. They will do that by the quality of their performance and their level of commitment.

I don't subscribe at all to this nonsense about TV cameras. The fans were behind the team against Hereford because they came out of the blocks firing on all cylinders from the first minute. We aren't talking about a ub team here - these are professionals. Barry Roach ought to be looking at himself when he makes a blunder not the fans. I'm no singling him out - that goes for all players

Personally, I can't remember a season where I've been so gloomy and pessimistic. There has been very little to encourage me at Saltergate this season - far less to entertain. It is dire stuff and something has to change

This post has been edited by Aspire_webby: 14 February 2008 - 01:13 PM

#32 User is offline   belpercfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:05 PM

View Postlatewinner, on Feb 14 2008, 01:02 PM, said:

:lol:
New investment in the future
New stadium in the future
What about now? We have sunk from the top 3 to outside the play offs. [i]

Jam tomorrow.What about attention to detail now - 1. How to take a penalty. Every little helps.

#33 User is offline   Bugerov 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:07 PM

View PostTwo Mass, on Feb 14 2008, 10:06 AM, said:

I dont start many threads but its about time I started 1 and put a few things straight to you so called CFC fans.
Me, the chairman, the management, playing staff and genuine fans are absolutley appalled by some of the negativity surrounding our club at the moment which is being created by many (not all) of our so called fans.
How is attacking Mr Hubbard, Rico and the players going 2 help us achieve our goal of promotion this season.
I`m pig-sick of fans telling Mr Hubbard to hit the panic button and sack an up and coming young manager HE'S BLOWN IT who has suffered a few bad performances, :lol: the latest 1 against a team that has out-spent every other club in league 2 put together. WE ARE ONE OF THE BIGGER LEAGUE 2 SPENDERS ALLEGEDLY This is after a few weeks ago when we beat Hereford 4-0 live on sky sports when every fan got behind the team (probably for the cameras benefit) and after the game all the fans we`re talking like we were world beaters, we still have the same team and manager that performed that nite + the other amazing performances against Wrexham, etc.
I`m sick of these negative "fans" havin a go at a chairman that keeps faith in his managers. I know the smartarses r gonna mention last season when we went down under big Mac but what else could uncle Barrie realistically do? He kept faith with a manager who saved kept us in the 3rd tier of English football season after season on a shoe string budget and refused to sack Mac during the same season he knocked Wolves, Man City n West Ham out of the Carling Cup n losing on penalties after out playing Charlton and then during the transfer window we lose our 2 best players; Kev Hurst n Caleb Folan who incidentally it was mainly down 2 Mac n Rico why he signed the contract extension that got the club a considerable transfer fee. And then to make matters worse Mac signs 1 of the best young prospects in the lower divisons (Jamie Ward) who almost immedietly gets injured.
Now all I`m hearin is for uncle Barrie to sack Rico (who is town through n through) HE'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH MATE and some of the suggestions of his replacement are ludicrous, for example on another thread i`m reading Nicky Law, John Duncan, Martin Allen and Paul Simpson. Well the 1st 2 suggestions are possible (i dont think Nicky Law would turn it down) but both would be taking the club even further backwards. As for Paul Simpson n Martin Allen they r just plain ridiculous. Simpson expects league 1 at least and Mad Dog would be completly out of place here and has no loyalty at all to any club he`s managed and both would command a higher wage than our management budgit will allow. The only other suggestion I saw was Danny Wilson, I aint gonna flame the bloke that said this because he does have an affinity for the club and fans (god knows why, listenin 2 sum of em lately) but realistically we`re only ever gonna get Danny Wilson if n when he gets the boot at Hartlepool.
Now please people, do not disrespect out chairman who is doing the best he can for the club and fans, he is working tirelessly behind the scenes trying 2 achieve our goal of a new stadium and new investment (most of his work goes unnoticed) And please stop getting on Rico n the players backs, especially Barry Roach who has been affected by it the most, HE'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH how would u like it if u were at work and sum1 verbally abused u and ur family?? The moron in question got away with just a V sign, if it had happened 2 me the thug would still be on the floor now!! Yet u people have turned on our goal-keeper, he may not be the greatest keeper but hes always given 100% n did not deserve that or the abuse hes been getting lately as he has become visably shaken by it all n for the 1st time in 30 years I actually felt ashamed 2 come from this Chesterfield and be associated with the club.
So please, if u want to achieve a play off position and a wembley victory, start getting behind the chairman, manager and team IMMEDIETLY. We havent become a bad side over nite and we CAN turn things around with the fans SUPPORT and by STICKING TOGETHER.

PS any1 that responds 2 my thread in a negative way is doing the club more harm than good!!!

#34 User is offline   Bugerov 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:11 PM

View PostSkywalker, on Feb 14 2008, 01:01 PM, said:

I think that is a very good point. The difficulty that Rico now faces is that you can only regurgitate the same excuses for so long. I applauded his honesty at the start of the season, but the facts don't lie and we are currently not looking good.

I'm not convinced that a change in management is the best thing for this club. Scott Sellars has only just joined and we are yet to see whether he can make a positive impact on the club. Also, who is to say a new manager will do any better? Plus I can pretty much guarantee we wouldn't get some of the names that have been circulated on here.

The team has quality players and is capable of outstanding performances, but we lack consistency. The players on display last night are potentially very good, but it's difficult to win matches when every week individual errors are made and we are subsequently punished.

I'm sure LR is trying to resolve our defensive frailties, but I imagine getting a quick, strong, and good in air centre half who rarely makes mistakes is hard to come by.

1 win in 9, thats consistent, but not in the required direction

#35 User is offline   Bugerov 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:13 PM

Excellent post

#36 User is offline   lawman27 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:chesterfield fc & northern soul

Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:20 PM

the one good comment he made is that nicky law wouldn't turn it down if offered the post....thats true his biggest regret was going to bradford but because of the situation at that time thought it was the best for all parties. lets not forget, irrespective of all the undercover goings-on he built a team that @ one point was 16 points clear at the top of the league, now if thats not down to building a team with spirit, tactical know-how and motivation then i don't know what is. I've seen many managers over the last 40 years and the football produced can only be matched by that of Arthur Cox and the late Jimmy McGuigan. I rest my case

#37 User is offline   Eddie63 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:26 PM

if you throw enough mud some of it sticks well done rico throw some at the fans ,the people who pay your wages and they will throw it back. I think rico can rest assured that the fans will still be coming to watch town long after he has gone.whilst on about rico comments most fans CAN see what he cant the keeper isnot good enough yet he swaps player like mad he has done nothing about this position thats a big fat zero.

#38 User is offline   Wiltshire Spireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:37 PM

View Postbelpercfc, on Feb 14 2008, 12:40 PM, said:

Perhaps this could be a new line for the club shop,Spireite Dollys to be thrown on matchdays or anytime shortly afterwards.

Need to get a pram so you can throw it out! Perhaps a pram park should be provided. :lol:

#39 User is offline   Aspire_webby 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:29 PM

View Postlatewinner, on Feb 14 2008, 01:11 PM, said:

1 win in 9, thats consistent, but not in the required direction

To put our current form in context:

We have 14 games left to play. On current form over the past 14 games (17 points) that will leave us with 65 points. In the last 3 seasons that would have achieved a league position of 10th, 8th and 10th respectively.

If you take just the last 9 games and extrapolate from that then we would gain 56 points for the season. In the last 3 seasons that would translated into leage positions of 14th, 14th and 16th respectively. The 16th spot in the league was held by a club called Boston United 3 seasons ago - remember them?

I would have thought that for a club with an ambition the team's form since Christmas is alarming. The form predictions cover 9 games (equivalent to a 5th of the season) and 14 games (equivalent to almost 1/3 of a season. Neither can be considered a "blip" in form or dismissed as a "few bad performances. The indications are that we are destined for mid table mediocrity and action is required while there is stll time. We are, over the past 9 games Boston United - I can't believe anyone is in the least bit comforted by that fact.

I am not one to be calling for the heads of players or management and I believe that clubs are too ready to make changes on the whole. However, I'd like to think that a serious discussion is going on at board level and between the board and the manager in light of the current situation.

The ambition of the club ought to be to gain promotion. As nice as it is to nurture up and coming talent that has to be done in the right context. I was never comfortable with Richardson's elevation to manager when McFarland left. We needed a battle-hardened and experienced manager to dig us out of the mire at that time and as events proved a single result in a miserable end of campaign run-in sent us down into Div 2. For me that was proof that an error was made in that particular appointment.

We are where we are now. The board need to be open and fair but must act in the interests of the club. Sentiment has little place in football I'm afraid. If, for example, an up and coming manager gets the opportunity to manage a club at a higher level they are usually off like a shot with a few obligatory quotes fired off in the car park as they hurry to drive away. There is I'm afraid a flip side to that coin.

This post has been edited by Aspire_webby: 14 February 2008 - 02:32 PM

#40 User is online   spireiterob 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:34 PM

Yes just slight isnt :ninja:

Im a real fan and can see where we are going absolutely nowhere under Rico, supporting the guy won't help with his tactics and motivational skills, we need him out now!
CFC

Share this topic:

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users