• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bromley Match Thread

#281 User is offline   Spireiteranger 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 18 February 2024 - 06:03 PM

Do we? I don’t think so. We push on at home if we’re dominating but definitely not a 532 where there’s loads of space down channels as there was under rowe……

#282 User is offline   dart in the crossbar 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 February 2024 - 10:25 PM

whittman, on 18 February 2024 - 02:23 PM, said:

I thought the first half yesterday was too good to be true

We were that much on top it was like a training match passing exercise at times but unfortunately possession

stats do not win football matches as we are continually being told by the stat experts watching the Premier League matches

It was as though it was a phony war and the second half was not going to continue the same way

woodman obviously got them fired up and an early fortunate goal from you know who fired them up even more but having said that at 3-2 up it was a complete shock to concede those 2 further goals as we did

At least we have an early chance to get back in the groove at halifax on Tuesday night but thats another ground where we have struggled in the past

COYB

I'm no wrist-slasher but their goals were all a bit Hartlepool, Wealdstone, Halifax, Barnet and Eastleigh. We are thankfully where we are due to us creating and taking chances. We aren't were we are due to preventing teams from creating and taking their chances.

We'll still win this league IMHO but hopefully without more goal giveaways like yesterday and the above home games.

#283 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2024 - 05:54 AM

dart in the crossbar, on 18 February 2024 - 10:25 PM, said:

I'm no wrist-slasher but their goals were all a bit Hartlepool, Wealdstone, Halifax, Barnet and Eastleigh. We are thankfully where we are due to us creating and taking chances. We aren't were we are due to preventing teams from creating and taking their chances.

We'll still win this league IMHO but hopefully without more goal giveaways like yesterday and the above home games.

Mate, I can tell you all managers will know how to to hurt us by now and will adapt their formations accordingly.

So yes there will be more goals like you mention.

Thankfully it doesn't matter, we are going up.

#284 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2024 - 08:59 AM

DOUGLAS JARDINE, on 18 February 2024 - 11:18 AM, said:

Anyone seen the tweet from the club with all their staff celebrities in the dressing room like they have beaten Man City

What a ducking embarrassment that is if we had done that I would have been genuinely ashamed

But we wouldn’t because we have class and they don’t 💙

Team beats table toppers and celebrates,how terrible ,how dare they celebrate a triumph,its sport pal they are allowed too.
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#285 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 19 February 2024 - 09:11 AM

At the moment we look a bit lethargic,the defending was absolutely awful,williams allowing their forward to put him on the floor is bad,should never be outmuscled.
It seems to me cook has no faith in Joe Quigley,this is a player who statistically has the best goals per minute ratio in football ( must admit jury is still out for me) but he hardly plays,instead Cook plays a striker who statistically has probably had less shots outside the 6 yard box than any other in the league,we are top of the league flying and only have one striker at present,next year we have to bring in a quality striker as priority.
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#286 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2024 - 09:32 AM

Bonnyman, on 19 February 2024 - 09:11 AM, said:

At the moment we look a bit lethargic,the defending was absolutely awful,williams allowing their forward to put him on the floor is bad,should never be outmuscled.
It seems to me cook has no faith in Joe Quigley,this is a player who statistically has the best goals per minute ratio in football ( must admit jury is still out for me) but he hardly plays,instead Cook plays a striker who statistically has probably had less shots outside the 6 yard box than any other in the league,we are top of the league flying and only have one striker at present,next year we have to bring in a quality striker as priority.

I'm just amazed it's taken you 2 days to have a pop at Grigg.

#287 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2024 - 10:01 AM

So, Grigg has now joined the list of strikers that have scored 20 goals+ in a season for us with another 13 games to go. He got praised for his hold up play yet again by the DT. But Bonnyman knows for certain he’s not up to it.

Then, we have Quigley who Bonnyman himself admits has got the best goals per minute ration in football whilst admitting also that the jury’s still out for him. Bonnyman says Cook doesn’t rate Joe so how come he offered him a new deal which he has signed?

With Grigg we were winning 3-2 against 2nd in the league away from home with just a few minutes to go. They made it 3-3 then Cook brings on an extra defender and within a minute they score the winner. We can analyse until we are blue in the face but, as they say, that’s football.

#288 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 19 February 2024 - 10:11 AM

CFC highlights now on YouTube. So now we have a much better view of the origins of their goals, ie our mistakes.
I see Williams outmuscled like he was surprised by the contact, which should never happen, and Banks remonstrating with Oldaker for losing possession beforehand.
Then Shecks losing possession leaving Oldaker with insufficient pace to withstand a good old 1-2 and unable to catch his man.
Then Palmer coming on with 1 specific job to do and not doing it.
To top it all, Cheeks first was a complete fluke.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#289 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 19 February 2024 - 10:21 AM

dtp, on 19 February 2024 - 10:01 AM, said:

So, Grigg has now joined the list of strikers that have scored 20 goals+ in a season for us with another 13 games to go. He got praised for his hold up play yet again by the DT. But Bonnyman knows for certain he’s not up to it.

Then, we have Quigley who Bonnyman himself admits has got the best goals per minute ration in football whilst admitting also that the jury’s still out for him. Bonnyman says Cook doesn’t rate Joe so how come he offered him a new deal which he has.

I think we’ll all be able to debate Quigley’s value to the team on Wednesday morning. He’ll surely be leading the line at Halifax.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#290 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 19 February 2024 - 10:42 AM

dim view, on 19 February 2024 - 10:11 AM, said:

CFC highlights now on YouTube. So now we have a much better view of the origins of their goals, ie our mistakes.
I see Williams outmuscled like he was surprised by the contact, which should never happen, and Banks remonstrating with Oldaker for losing possession beforehand.
Then Shecks losing possession leaving Oldaker with insufficient pace to withstand a good old 1-2 and unable to catch his man.

Williams lost possession too easily v Ebbsfleet when they released the ball for Poleon for what should have been a third goal for Ebbsfleet - until Grimes excellent clearance off the line. As sublime as he can be, he seems to have a tendency to not believe he’s going to win the ball under pressure and instead hesitates.

I thought Cheek shanked the third as well, seemed to come off his leg nearer his knee than his foot. But whatever, we allowed them to create similar chance after similar chance, so goals tend to ensue.

#291 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2024 - 10:56 AM

dim view, on 19 February 2024 - 10:11 AM, said:

As was his 3rd

#292 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2024 - 04:04 PM

60s 70s Spireite, on 19 February 2024 - 10:42 AM, said:

Williams lost possession too easily v Ebbsfleet when they released the ball for Poleon for what should have been a third goal for Ebbsfleet - until Grimes excellent clearance off the line. As sublime as he can be, he seems to have a tendency to not believe he’s going to win the ball under pressure and instead hesitates.

I thought Cheek shanked the third as well, seemed to come off his leg nearer his knee than his foot. But whatever, we allowed them to create similar chance after similar chance, so goals tend to ensue.

Just wondering if Bonnyman rates Cheek because I’m not sure he scores many goals from far out?

By the way, neither did the late great Ernie Moss!!!

#293 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 19 February 2024 - 04:11 PM

hilly81, on 19 February 2024 - 10:56 AM, said:

As was his 3rd

He's scored a hattrick without actually kicking any of them properly!

dtp, on 19 February 2024 - 04:04 PM, said:

Just wondering if Bonnyman rates Cheek because I’m not sure he scores many goals from far out?

Not quite sure when a requirement to score a certain number of goals from further became needed....

#294 User is offline   Paragon of Virtue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2024 - 05:08 PM

JonB, on 19 February 2024 - 04:11 PM, said:

Not quite sure when a requirement to score a certain number of goals from further became needed....

When it became impossible to have a pop at Grigg for the number of goals he's scored.

#295 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 20 February 2024 - 10:50 PM

https://bromleyfc.bo...es-chesterfield

Looks like Bromley fans are a tad embarrassed by their clubs (none) provision of away facilities (halfway down page 2 onwards)
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#296 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 20 February 2024 - 10:57 PM

clarevoyant., on 20 February 2024 - 10:50 PM, said:

https://bromleyfc.bo...es-chesterfield

Looks like Bromley fans are a tad embarrassed by their clubs (none) provision of away facilities (halfway down page 2 onwards)

Need to register to view by the looks of it.

#297 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 20 February 2024 - 11:04 PM

JonB, on 20 February 2024 - 10:57 PM, said:

Need to register to view by the looks of it.

Pass :o
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#298 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 20 February 2024 - 11:26 PM

clarevoyant., on 20 February 2024 - 11:04 PM, said:

Pass :o

Presumably you’ve set up an account on there to login in with?

#299 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 21 February 2024 - 01:57 PM

JonB, on 20 February 2024 - 11:26 PM, said:

Presumably you’ve set up an account on there to login in with?

Correct. I did have a bit of a ruck on their board after their engineered melee last season, the one of kitman notoriety. It must still let me view.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#300 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 11 March 2024 - 10:35 PM

Didn't want to start a new thread for something as trivial as this, but I had to laugh at the trophy draw pairing Bromley and soilyhull together they can compare notes on away fans facilities. But to make it more laughable soilyhull have to go to that sh..h.le in consecutive weeks you wouldn't normally wish that on anyone, but on this occasion!!!

This post has been edited by clarevoyant.: 11 March 2024 - 10:37 PM

Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

Share this topic:

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic